Joe Stains

This is the blog of an angry old boston terrier. (and his little brother Tanner who gets to post every Tuesday)

Thursday, December 27, 2007

My Mom is pretty great sometimes!

I would like to show you something:


This is a screen shot of our weather. Our low tonight is going to be 29 degrees. Mom has lived here for 11 years and it has never been under 32 in any weather forecast she has ever seen. This caused some concern for her as she knows of my delicate nature, so she did something very nice for me.


She bought me my very own Coleman Sleeping Bag. Can you see how warm this thing looks?

Since she was kind enough to do this for me I was kind enough to let this happen


This is TORTURE. Zipped into a sleeping bag with the Doofus. At least he didn't fart!!!

I love my new sleeping bag and I am so glad I have a nice warm place to be tonight.

42 Stains:

Blogger Luckie Girl said...

That is so cool. I didn't even know they made sleeping bags in our sizes! LOL!!

8:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

WOW! That thing is huge! I wish my mom would buy me one! Its FREEZING here!

8:23 PM  
Blogger Peanut said...

My mom and girl saw your picture and said oh and then they saw the one of you and Tanner and said OHHHH that's so cute. Sorry you had to put up with tanner in your bag though. That is one nice present from your mom

8:38 PM  
Blogger Gus said...

Great Present! We hope Tanner behaves tonight and doesn't get lost in the sleeping bag. We are planning to sleep with muzzer and Dad in the big bed. Teka is sleeping UNDER the covers. I am staying on top. Probably. More tomorrow

gussie

8:43 PM  
Blogger 2shibas said...

That is the coolest sleeping bag EVER. Stay warm - 29 is pretty cold, even by Arizona standards! Harooo!

xo,
Wiley & Fievel

9:17 PM  
Blogger Ozzie, Rocky and Lola said...

That sleeping bag looks so inviting! That will be so nice for you. This will probably be a 3 dog night in Arizona! Too bad you couldn't get Princess Sparkle to come over for a slumber pawty! Ha! Ha!
Stay warm and toasty guyz! We'll be thinking about you. We will have a little bit of your Arizona winter heading this way soon!
Ozzie & Rocky

9:23 PM  
Blogger Lacey said...

You two must really be cold to be sharing a sleeping bag and bed together. We are freezing too. Both of us snuck on the bed with the girl last night (and probably tonight too). She didn't seem to mind one bit.
Keep warm
Comet and BLU

10:20 PM  
Blogger Patience-please said...

We think your human is a very good one. Warmth is crucial to happiness.

wags from the whippet waggle

10:21 PM  
Blogger Khady Lynn said...

How sweet!!!

But 29 is pretty nice. That's been our highs around here lately!! Maybe I should send you some fur.

Holly

10:21 PM  
Blogger Ben & Darling said...

Joey, your mom is sooooooooooo sweet. More licks to her!!!

10:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That sleeping bag looks unreal! I'm sure it will keep you nice and warm tonight!

River

11:44 PM  
Blogger Girl Girl Hamster said...

That's a really good buy your mom got. It looks so warm and comfy. Sweet dreams tonite Joey

~ Girl girl

1:02 AM  
Blogger Amber-Mae said...

Oh, it looks very warm... You guys keep yourselves warm ok?

Love licks,
Solid Gold Dancer

1:11 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

ohhhh Joey! Your sleeping bag is the coolest man! Stay warm

Loves,
Tofu

2:49 AM  
Blogger Dandy Duke said...

What an awesome sleeping bag and you'll be even warmer with Tanner right beside you!

Love ya lots,
Maggie and Mitch

3:48 AM  
Blogger Moco said...

You have one great Mom.

3:55 AM  
Blogger Jessica said...

We knew it...there is a little bit of brotherly love there, huh Joey?

Love the new sleeping bag. We didn't know they came in doggie sizes.

Love, Seadra and Zoe

5:01 AM  
Blogger Ruby Bleu said...

That's so cold Joey...but that sleeping bag looked mighty toasty!!! I bet it was even warmer w/ Tanner...come on, you can admit it!!!

Lots of Licks, Ruby

5:28 AM  
Blogger Ferndoggle said...

I'll be your Mom thought she was back in Pittsburgh! Our low last night was 40 degrees. You could come stay with us Joe. It's warmer here!

That sleeping bag rocks! Nice of you to share with Doof.

Sherman

6:11 AM  
Blogger Izzie said...

That was such a n ice thing your mama did for you! My mama didn't do that for me, and it's gotten below 30° a few times in Tucson!

That's okay. I'd just eat it anyway.

6:37 AM  
Blogger Snowball said...

Woooohoooo... it is a really cool to have your own sleeping bag. I doubt I will ever have one cos I will probably suffer from heat stroke if I sleep in something like that. Isn't it nice to have cold weather sometimes?

Luv,
Snowball

6:53 AM  
Blogger H.A. Turbofire, Sibertarian said...

Could you ship me your cold temperatures so I can use them when I need them?

7:22 AM  
Blogger Mack said...

Tanner in sleeping bag = more warmth. You gotta admit that! And he didn't even pas gassies!
Mack

7:23 AM  
Blogger Sophie Brador said...

That is so adorable and cute, I can hardly stand it! I hope you didn't have to sleep with Doof all night.

xo
SB

8:08 AM  
Blogger Marvin -The Hollow Hound said...

oh my Dog, if Tanner had farted, he would have blown the whole bag up!

It looks cosy, but perhaps smelly with Tanner on board!

love and licks, Marvin xxxxxx

8:16 AM  
Blogger The Army of Four said...

Wow! That looks cool! I'd like one in camo colors! But I'd lay on it, not in it. It's a Sibe thing. Totally cool, Joe!
Play bows,
Zim

9:37 AM  
Blogger Lady Kaos said...

That is totally Pawesome!!!!! Now when you go on all your adventures you can take your sleeping bag with you, too. That was a perfect gift!!!
Kaos

9:43 AM  
Blogger Ivy said...

joe that is totally pawsome! i think i need a coleman sleepy bag too but mine wud haf to be a little bigger and i dont think i wud share wif anydog.

if nodog has already done it, i am going to nominate that picture for photo of the month at dogs wif blogs.

luv ivy

10:11 AM  
Blogger Murphy Dogg said...

Hi Joe,

It's pretty cold out here on the East Coast, and yet I have no sleeping bag! I must make Mama aware of this immediately, because yours looks super-snuggly.

C-ya,
Murphy Dogg

P.S. Tanner will eventually fart in the bag, so you might wanna kick him out now, just to be safe.

10:43 AM  
Blogger Agatha and Archie said...

Wow,it was 45 degrees here in Boston today!! What is going on!!! That is THE coolest sleeping bag we have ever seen.Your Mom thinks of everything. Archie says that even if Tanner did fart at least you would be warm.Oh brother.Love A+A

1:35 PM  
Blogger Petra said...

I looked at that bag and wished I could jump in right beside you. I think there's room for 3 of us.

3:23 PM  
Blogger Lillie Valentine said...

Do you think I can fit in that sleeping bag with Tanner? It is colder than that in MN!!! You guys do look cute in there together. That was a very "brotherly"thing for you to do Joey!

3:57 PM  
Blogger Martha said...

That is a very cool bag. I need to talk my 'rents into picking one up for me. I think that's very nice of you to share it with the doofus too. Love, Martha

4:18 PM  
Blogger Frasier said...

Hi Joey,
It was 66 degrees here today!We need to move !
Farts emitted inside a blankie will send you to space
Frasier

4:25 PM  
Blogger Stanley said...

WHOA, Joey! That is very cool of your mom to do! My girl has seen those before, but thought I wouldn't be able to fit inside it. Glad to see you putting it to good use.

Personally, if you keep your nose sticking out of the sleeping bag, it won't matter if Tanner farts. It might just warm things up a bit more!

Stay warm, dude. Now that you have a sleeping bag, I think you need to host a slumber party!

Goober love,
Stanley

5:46 PM  
Blogger Jen and Suki said...

You two look like a little BT burrito! How precious. My mom calls me her living, breathing and pooping foot warmer. I'm always warm inside! Maybe you need a double-coated pug sissy to keep you warm?

5:48 PM  
Blogger Poppy said...

That is a pretty pawsome sleeping bag! And you are very nice to share it with your brother, too. I like to share my Dad's sleeping bag the best.

Poppy

7:13 PM  
Blogger Lorenza said...

Hi, Joe!
Your mom is wonderful! And you so nice sharing your sleeping bag with Tanner!
I hope you two stay warm this cold night!
Have a good night
Lorenza

8:40 PM  
Blogger Scruffy, Lacie and Stanley's Place said...

OK...we want one...er maybe 3...Stanley has horrid gaseous explosions...we don't wanna sleep with him!!

Hey Joey....Babystan made a HUUUUGE Dale STAIN on the new dining room carpet tonight. Mumsie drank a glass of wine after that and she really doesn't drink. Hmm....

Terrier barks....
Scruffy

9:52 PM  
Blogger MJ's doghouse said...

wow your mom is the greatest...i dont think i could stay in a sleeping bag with shiatzi though...i just squeeze in bed with mom and dad....and wow...sometimes that is pretty squishyy...i hope you survive the cold boys..i wish i could come and snuggle with you

9:36 AM  
Blogger Deefor said...

Hi Joe
I need one of those things. Looks cozy even with Tanner. It's been below zero here in Colorado! There's ice inside the windows! I just crawl under the covers. Arrow's new game is attacking me under the covers. Sometimes he misses and gets a human foot!

Deefor

6:02 PM  
Blogger Jackson's J1 and J2 said...

Wow, your sleeping bag is pawsome! Personally, I wouldn't share with ANYDOG but I suppose it was cold so you had a good excuse. Hehehe! J x

2:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home