Joe Stains

This is the blog of an angry old boston terrier. (and his little brother Tanner who gets to post every Tuesday)

Sunday, December 23, 2007

Case CLOSED

Ivy has been acquitted of all wrong doing in the case of the missing Binky.


I knew I had to hit the streets to find some clues. Mom made me take off the detective coat and wear a dumb Christmas bandana. I am checking pee mails here to see if anyone left me a clue.


Tanner is yapping in my ear and I am trying to concentrate so I told him to go sniff some aloe plants. (is anyone else frightened by the size of Tanner's shadow???)


Mom kept him busy explaining aloe and Dad and I finished gathering the intel.


I have a good contact that rides that bus and he gave me the final piece of the puzzle....

He had the photographs I needed





It was CATS! Ivy is totally innocent, it was the doggone CATS! I am so glad I could wrap this investigation up because it is almost time for Santa Paws to get here and I am ready for some CHRISTMAS!!

Tanner got all into the detective thing and started playing his "Can you see me?" game...


Can YOU see him?

40 Stains:

Blogger Jen and Suki said...

Al-jerkies? Cats. Scratching and hissing? Cats. Binky stealing? CATS! It's always the cats.

10:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow Joe you are so smart! Good work!

We hope you all have a wonderful Christmas!

River

12:08 AM  
Blogger Ruby Bleu said...

It's ALWAYS cats!!!! Always!!!

Lots of Licks, Ruby

12:28 AM  
Blogger Pugsley, Buster, Cricket & Daisy said...

Wishing you a Merry Christmas.

xoxoFour Pugz

12:38 AM  
Blogger Amber-Mae said...

Cats can be sooo sneaky & cunning. I still like cats!

Love licks,
Solid Gold Dancer

12:42 AM  
Blogger Huskee and Hershey said...

Hi Joey,
Gee.. it was the cats huh.. I( am glad you cleared Ivy's name!
Woah... I jumped out of my skin when I saw the size of Tanner's shadow.. what's he been eating man?

1:45 AM  
Blogger Molly the Airedale said...

Bless you, Joey for helping Ivy! So it was cats all along! We should have guessed!
Is Tanner sneaking peeks into the Christmas pressies?!

Love ya lots,
Maggie and Mitch

3:19 AM  
Blogger Boo Boo said...

Good job cracking the case !!!

Merry Christmas and enjoy your treats and presents :)

5:03 AM  
Blogger Liza said...

CATS are a scourge! (My human feels differently I just thank dog we don't have any).

Since Tuesday is Tanner Day and Christmas we included Tanner as a Reindog in our post today!

Merry Christmas to all the dogs and humans alike!

Dory

5:55 AM  
Blogger Harry said...

That last photo of Tanner is great!

A very happy Christmas to you both!

Toodle pip,
Harry x

6:31 AM  
Blogger Petra said...

Whew! I'm breathing a sigh of relief now that the investigation is closed and you can now redirect all of your energy to CHRISTMAS!

And Tanner, how can you be standing in the middle of all those presents and not be ripping into them?

7:31 AM  
Blogger Deefor said...

Good work! And you even found Tanner... What is he doing back there? Cats are bad. They can jump anywhere and take anything. Wish I was that bad.

Deefor

7:37 AM  
Blogger Mack said...

I tell you, cats cannot be trusted!
Good work! My mom was telling me you need to do a whole post on your tail, Joe, because she said (and I quote) "it is too cute for words"
Anyhowl, you need to start your own business as a PI. You are the best BT PI in the whole world!!!
Merry Christmas to you and your family,
Mack

7:38 AM  
Blogger Gus said...

Joe, thank you for helping Ivy. She is a wonderful girl dog, and has accepted a huge responsibility raising BP as a proper dog.

Tanner is the one tiny pin of light behind the pressies. But given his size, I can't figure out how he got there!

7:40 AM  
Blogger Ozzie, Rocky and Lola said...

We are so glad you got that one solved Joe! Now we can all have a Merry Christmas! Darned cats and sqirrels! They are just menaces!
Ozzie & Rocky

7:53 AM  
Blogger Patience-please said...

You Arizonan Bostonians have a wonderful warm Christmas!

the whippet waggle

8:09 AM  
Blogger Ferndoggle said...

We should have KNOWN!! Cats are the devil.

We hope you guys are all ready for Santa. Have a very Merry Xmas!

Sherman, Penny & Lola

8:13 AM  
Blogger Gus, Louie and Callie said...

We are sure glad you cleared that up. We have those pesty cats in our house too. They can be very sneaky so you need to keep your eyes on them...
Merry Christmas.. Gus and Louie

8:14 AM  
Blogger Jessica said...

Tanner!! We see you. Are you hiding so you can see Santa Paws tonight?

Love, Seadra and Zoe

8:52 AM  
Blogger Myeo said...

Good work, Joey!

Tanner is real GOOD. It took us a while to spot him.

Merry Christmas to you and Tanner & your family too!

Love
Boy n Baby

8:58 AM  
Blogger Peanut said...

It does not surprise me that it was cats. They are always doing something evil. Is Tanner trying to catch Santa Paws? Merry Christmas to you guys

9:02 AM  
Blogger Lady Kaos said...

I had a suspision a cat ws involved!
Merry Christmas Detective Joe Stains!!
Kaos

9:13 AM  
Blogger fee said...

merry christmas, joe and tanner! may the day be filled with good food, good cheer and wonderful company!

loves,
fee

10:11 AM  
Blogger Martha said...

You are a pawsome detective. I hope if I ever get in some trouble, you'll take up my case! Love, Martha

11:42 AM  
Blogger Jackson's J1 and J2 said...

Great news that Ivy is off the hook. Well done, Detective Joe! J x

11:57 AM  
Blogger -The Mullin Clan's Mommy- said...

You are a great detective, Joey! A real Sherlock Stains! Kitties can be so sneaky - just look at their eyes. We hope you, Tanner, & yur family have a very Merry Christmas!
-Cosmos & Juneau-

12:03 PM  
Blogger Sophie Brador said...

Good work Joe! Should we call you Sherjoe Holmes? or Joelock Holmes? Or Sherlock Stains? How about Joelock Stains? Yes, I like that one.

I do see Tanner! Hard to believe he can fit under he tree with a shadow that size.

Have a fabulous, treat-filled Christmas! Watch the boozing. It's not so good for the liver, apparently.

xo
SB

1:05 PM  
Blogger wally said...

It's always the g-d cats! I see Tanner. Man, someone is going to be disappointed with their gift. Ahahahaha!

wally.

1:27 PM  
Blogger Agatha and Archie said...

Unbelievable and solved so fast,of course cats WHO ELSE??? Great job.Love A+A PS what is up with the size of Tanners head in that pic????

2:13 PM  
Blogger Agatha and Archie said...

PPs Merry Merry Christmas to you guys and your family!! Love A+A

2:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice job in finding who had the binkies!!!
Hugs,
Sitka

3:00 PM  
Blogger Bond said...

you make a great detective !!

Merry Christmas to you ! Have a Wonderful Christmas :)

3:58 PM  
Blogger Lorenza said...

Hi, Joe.
Good job! It took you some time but finally it was solved! Those cats always doing bad things!
Merry Christmas for you and Tanner, and your Mom and your Dad and all your family!
Kisses and hugs
Lorenza

6:04 PM  
Blogger Miss Reina said...

Hi Joey!

Wow, its been awhile since i dropped by and you two have become detectives??? Good job!

We hope that you will have a merry christmas and a wonderful year ahead!

Love,
Reina & Family

8:09 PM  
Blogger The WriggleButts said...

Well done, Joe! And we see you, Tanner. The tree and pressies look good on you ;)

We hope you have your bestest Christmas yet!

The WriggleButts

11:00 PM  
Blogger T-man Angel said...

Ooh, that Tanner looks suspicious sneaking around those presents. I wonder if he's peeking!!

11:01 PM  
Blogger Ralph said...

Merry Christmas!!!

Woof,
Ralph

11:08 PM  
Blogger MJ's doghouse said...

those cats are sure funny...iknew you could do it joe stains...i knew you could do it...ummm...do you think now you can solve the case of my missing waistline...mom says i dont have one...hmmmm...

11:55 PM  
Blogger Lacey said...

Darn Cats! We knew they were up to no good! That's why we chase them.

If Tanner would have blinked, we wouldn't have found him. Those must be pretty big presents to hide him! hehehehe.
Comet and BLU

3:22 PM  
Blogger Stanley said...

YES, I see Tanner in that last photo, and YES his shadow does scare me.

Way to go Detective Stains, P.I. Ivy is definitely indebted to you. If I ever need some investigating done, you'll be the dog I call.

Goober love,
Stanley

5:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home