Joe Stains

This is the blog of an angry old boston terrier. (and his little brother Tanner who gets to post every Tuesday)

Monday, July 02, 2007

Monday interviews

Today is all about interviews. I have followed in the footsteps of Tadpole and interviewed my Mom so you all can get to know her. Well, at least I tried.

J: Hi Mom, how are you today?
M: Fine, thanks for asking Joey.

J: So you have agreed to answer some questions so that MY friends can get to know you better, right?
M: Yes, Joey.

J: Ok, but you are clear that these are MY friends and not Tanner’s friends and certainly not YOUR friends?
M: You have always had a problem with sharing, you might want to work on that.
J: You might want to just answer the questions, ok?
M: Ok crabby pants.

J: So are you ready?
M: Yes, please begin I would like to read the newspaper.

J: When is Tanner leaving?
M: Joseph, Tanner is your brother and he is never leaving. It has been nearly two years, I think you should just accept the fact that he is staying.

J: Ok so like, not this month or anything, but maybe by 2008???
M: No.

J: 2009??????
M: Joey, next question.

J: Can I go live with Grandpa Gary and Gramma Kathy?
M: NO! I thought this interview was for people to learn about me and your dad?

J: Can DAD and I go live with Grandpa Gary and Gramma Kathy?
M: Joey, seriously, your blog friends are not going to learn anything this way.

J: Well, if you are going to have an attitude I think I am going to stop this interview RIGHT NOW!!
M: So perhaps Tanner will interview me on Tuesday?
J: Good lord woman if you are brave enough for that, go for it. I will be hanging out with my cuz in front of the air conditioner.

Joey got a great new sweater
I even got dressed up for the interview!

Anyway, Mom was interviewed for real on Blog Interviewer Go check it out and give ME five stars!!!!

46 Stains:

Blogger Lorenza said...

Hi, Joey.
This was the shortest inverview I've read!
You did not give us the chance to know your mom and dad better!
Maybe with Tanner we'll have luck!
Have a nice day
Lorenza

12:10 PM  
Blogger Oscar's mummy and daddy said...

Wow, Joey you look very handsome! I think you need to work on your interview technique a little though!

Licks
Oscar x

12:43 PM  
Blogger Gus said...

Hi Joey: You look great in your vest, and the other guy who interviewed your mom did a good job! Is Tanner really interviewing tomorrow? I may leave town

1:19 PM  
Blogger wally said...

Joe--Good job! When will these apes learn--we're the center of the universe, not THEM! And I LOVE your sweater vest. You look intelligent AND handsome.

And thanks for pointing out my DOOFUS mistake calling Ike a boxer! Yeesh! I hope he forgives me. I must have sat out in the heat and let my brain shrink like a Doofus's.

wally.

1:40 PM  
Blogger coco said...

blue is definitely your color, joey! you look really hot in that little sweater vest of yours, and i am not talking about the weather.

flirtatious wiggles, coco

1:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Joe - I'm YOUR FRIEND only! The Doofus said something mean about me yesterday, so I'm sticking with YOU ONLY.

Where did your mom get your sweater? My brother might need one to cover up his skinny naked little body....

1:50 PM  
Blogger Ruby Bleu said...

Hey Joey...
Now would you consider that inteview a success??? I'm thinking you should leave the interviewing to Larry King...you skills are best used elsewhere. But you do look mighty handsome in that sweater vest!!!

Lots of Licks, Ruby

PS - Very cool blog interview with your Mom tho!

1:56 PM  
Blogger Tadpole said...

Joe - I gave you 5 stars! But I think your interview was MUCH better than theirs... even if we didn't really learn anything about your mom.

1:57 PM  
Blogger Molly the Airedale said...

I totally agree with Tadpole! Your interview was far better! BTW, I gave you 5 stars too!

Love ya lots,
Maggie

3:05 PM  
Blogger A&S said...

hi joey,
we gave YOUR MOM five stars! You sure look the part of a dashing tv journalist doing an interview!

Luv,
Akira & Shiro

3:58 PM  
Blogger The Airechicks said...

Hi Joey:

You look very handsome for the interview.....

We have a small suggustion - you might not want to start with the "HARD HITTING - MUST KNOW" questions first - you might should ease her into a secure dialogue and then when she's not thnking about it BAM BAM BAM - get to the Tanner looks like he needs a long rest questions. Show concern for his health and well being..Vaction to Lillie's might be just the perfect get for him to get away and relax.

We also rated you 5 stars but reschedule your interview with Mom FAST.......

4:00 PM  
Blogger Ferndoggle said...

At least you asked the most important question...When is Tanner leaving? That's what I want to ask my Mom...when are the Girls leaving? I hope tomorrow.

Sherman

5:27 PM  
Blogger Sophie Brador said...

Wow! Blog Interviewer? This sounds super interesting. Your mom must be famous. Great interview Joey!

5:49 PM  
Blogger Huskee and Hershey said...

.. Can't type... laughing too hard...bestest interview ever!!

6:57 PM  
Blogger Toby said...

Hi Joey,

You look awfully handsome and professional in your sweater. But isn't it kinda hot for a sweater?

Hate to break it to yah bud, but I think Tanner is staying furever...

Tobes

6:59 PM  
Blogger Lillie Valentine said...

Joey: YOu look really cute in that vest. I wish you would have been able to finish the interview though. I'd like to know more about your mom.....a.k.a. my mother-in-law to be!

7:02 PM  
Blogger Myeo said...

Hmmm not you fault. You did an excellent job but your mom was impatient. Hopefully Tanner has better luck.

Btw, we left a comment on your mo's real interview.

Love
Boy n Baby

7:16 PM  
Blogger Emily and Ike said...

Too bad moms don't cooperate!
Ike

7:24 PM  
Blogger Luckie Girl said...

Hey Joey,
You look so handsome in your blue vest. :) Very intellectual I say. Erm..so what did we learn about your Mom?? I can't quite figure anything out but I still give you 5 STARS for trying.

8:06 PM  
Blogger MJ's doghouse said...

wowo joey..va va va vooom..you aer sooooooooooooo handsome in your sweater vest....too bad your mom was so uncooperative in the interview...i think next time you should interview your dad or your uncle..maybe they will be more cooperative....

8:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, I guess it is all about you ...

8:19 PM  
Blogger Frasier said...

Hi Joey,
You look great all dressed up.You left me hanging wanting more....was that your actual objective?
Looking forward to hearing more
Frasier

8:43 PM  
Blogger Khady Lynn said...

Ok Joey, you might want to work on your patience. Not that I have a lot either, but at least I took some time to find out about my humans (but only because I HAD to!!)

I did like the interview your human gave to the blogger people. She sounds like a very nice person, and she really loves you two!

Holly

8:52 PM  
Blogger Deanna said...

Great interview! I can't wait to hear the Tanner version...

9:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

joe you turned that interview into an interview with you. but that's just as well because moms are boring. i only made HM do a meme about herself because she was bugging me with all that free time she had on her hands, she was beginning to chase her tail and stuff out of boredom.

love..
chiyo

9:43 PM  
Blogger Mike said...

Apparently you've got a great following as your blog interview has been voted to #1 on the Top 10!

Mike

10:55 PM  
Blogger Amber-Mae said...

The interview was GOOD! Nice & short... So, when's Tanner's turn?

Love licks,
Solid Gold Dancer

2:07 AM  
Blogger Nat said...

Brilliant interview. It's vital for the interviewer to steer the discussion towards vital topics of the day.

2:10 AM  
Blogger Jay said...

Hahahaha, you make a fine reporter!
And a handsome one too!

~Jay

2:52 AM  
Blogger Girl Girl Hamster said...

Woh... That's really a very short interview. can't wait for tmr where Tanner interview your mom. Nice shirt you have Joey

~ girl girl

2:56 AM  
Blogger umekotyan said...

The interview to joey just started. The sweater was lovely and the preparation for the
interview was complete. :)

from loved ume tyan

5:36 AM  
Blogger Boo Casanova said...

joey, that's funny interview. shhh, i think that interview is better than the one your mom did at "that" site.

wet wet licks

Boo

5:39 AM  
Blogger PreciOus said...

It's Tuesday! Perhaps I'll get to know your Mom better today. Good luck Tanner!

Snuggle,
Precious

6:52 AM  
Blogger Isabella said...

I see that lots of dogs are blogging about their humans. Do you think our blog readers really want to know about our humans? I don't think they do- they come to our blogs to read about us!
Big Wags,
Isabella

8:40 AM  
Blogger H.A. Turbofire, Sibertarian said...

Your human is stupid like mine!

8:43 AM  
Blogger Jessica said...

When is Tanner leaving??? Just think how boring your life would be without Tanner and how boring our lives would be without Tanner and without you too of course.

Love, Seadra and Zoe

8:56 AM  
Blogger Gwyn Valentine said...

We need more questions about your mum!

9:51 AM  
Blogger PerfectTosca said...

Joe, next time get into the really personal stuff so you can embarrass her like our mom's embarrass us on our blogs. Hooo boy! I would love to interview my human! I asked her and she said, Tosca Bug Off!

11:33 AM  
Blogger Wired for Mackie said...

Congrats to your momma for hte interview on bloginterviewer! kudos!
Oh, and Joey..he's not going away...really, he's not. Believe me, I've been trying to get rid of Ollie for years now and mom's are pretty serious about this stuff...
sorry, pal!

Your buddy, Mackie

12:23 PM  
Blogger Marvin -The Hollow Hound said...

I think if I were you Joey, I would just give up and go and live with Grandpa Gary.....he sounds like a reasonable sort of guy.

love and licks, Marvin xxxxx

ps looking forward to the Tanner Interview mind you, and thank you so much for the poem you wrote me!

love and rhyming licks, Marv xxxxx

1:42 PM  
Blogger Gudrun said...

Hey Joey! Nice sweater! *bats eyelashes furiously*
oof! Sorry, just ran into the coffee table - it's hard to see when I'm blinking my eyes so hard!
Ginger

2:58 PM  
Blogger Herbie said...

wow... you really look like a reporter with that vest, and if you have nerdy glasses on, you'll look like clark kent!

Too bad about the questions tho...

3:37 PM  
Blogger Balboa said...

That was a nice try, but I think you may have to get used to Tanner living with you.

Frenchie Snorts
Balboa

4:40 PM  
Blogger T-man Angel said...

Joey - That was a nice try at an interview. Maybe you need to focus a bit more next time, then it will be super great. Your outfit looked awful good though.

T-man

6:52 PM  
Blogger The Army of Four said...

You did an outSTANDing job, Joe! Better than at that other site where your mom was interviewed ... but we gave it a 5-star rating anyway!j
Play bows,
Zim

2:51 PM  
Blogger Stanley said...

Joe,

You really know how to take charge in an interview. No skirting the issue, no changing the subject. And, might I add, you were looking mighty dapper for the occassion. Makes me wonder if any of the girlpups even understood anything they read. They probably had to clean their keyboards from all that drooling (*major eyeroll*).

Stay cool in the Arizona heat.

Your goober bud,
Stanley

9:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home