Joe Stains

This is the blog of an angry old boston terrier. (and his little brother Tanner who gets to post every Tuesday)

Wednesday, June 20, 2007

confessions of a teenage doofus

So I am feeling better, my stomach is mostly back to normal and Mom gave us pumpkin for dinner which is supposed to help firm things up if you know what I mean!

The most exciting thing happened today, Mom got an email from someone named Casey who said that MY blog is featured on Animal Internet.com!!! Can you believe that! I am at the very bottom as the featured blog. I know some of my blog pals are on that site too so I was very honored! If you don't know what it is, its the internet run by animals! GENIUS!

So Tanner confessed to all this stuff, right? Well he did not confess to being a Doofus but that is because it is totally obvious! If you were considering changing your mind because he makes you laugh so hard, I submit the following for your judgement.

Earlier Mom was slicing carrots for salads and treats for us when one went FLYING off the counter...


Tanner sure couldn't figure out where it went. GEE GUYS DO YOU SEE THE CARROT?! He walked around that (dirty) kitchen floor for 10 minutes before Mom finally pulled it off of him. Luckily I was in the TV room guarding the house otherwise I would have eaten it right off his back! I only beg in the kitchen when meat or cheese is involved.

So, my friends, a lot of you say how much you LOVE the Doofus, but could you seriously live with him and his specialness??


You have to keep one eye on the little doof at all times!!

47 Stains:

Blogger A&S said...

Do you have any confessions, Joey?

8:37 PM  
Blogger Gus said...

Joey: You are doing a good job raising Tanner, doing all the things a big brother should....roughing him up a bit, making fun of him, keeping him from taking himself too seriously. But I think I'll pass on having him as a permanent room-mate, thanks. Unless you want Teka!

8:44 PM  
Blogger v said...

It's not fair that you have to move your head to keep an eye on Tanner but he can keep an eye on you while the other eye is looking in the other direction!

8:44 PM  
Blogger Asta said...

The way you keep an eye on the DOOF is pwiceless....I'm totally with you on the pool issue...Doofus pwobably would stay in a pool if someone thfew him in , right?
Are you guys still melting? Stay inside and snooze
smoochie kisses
Asta

9:32 PM  
Blogger Boo Casanova said...

joey, i have to share this with you: there's a tv commercial for wide screen tv. a golfer hit the ball and the ball dropped in the bushes. everybody at the golf tournament was looking for the ball but couldn't find it and the tv viewers kept pointing it out coz the tv screen is so wide they could see where the ball located easily.

the carrot story of doofus reminded me the above commercial. LOL

wet wet licks

Boo

9:54 PM  
Blogger Ruby Bleu said...

Hey Joey...
Congrats on the Animal Internet thingy...that is so pawsome. I can't think of any doggie more deserving.

Oh, and I would have totally eaten that carrot off of Tanner's butt...and probably taken a bit too. Ok, just kidding about eating his butt!!!

Lots of Licks, Ruby

9:55 PM  
Blogger Gwyn Valentine said...

Hi Joey,
Your blog is being featured! Thats really cooL!~
Mum intends to feed me pumpkin too. DOes it taste good? Should i eat it raw or cooked?
Love,
Reina

10:22 PM  
Blogger Girl Girl Hamster said...

Tanner sure is a special doggie... But we still love him. :)

~girl girl

11:01 PM  
Blogger Nugget said...

Well you do have a point Joey! Tooo funny!
Licks,
Nugget

11:02 PM  
Blogger Ben & Darling said...

Well Joey. You should be glad that you have a Doofus at home. Imagine you are all alone at home, nobody to tease at, nobody for making fun of and nobody to bully....thats such a boring life like me...

11:13 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I have my *eye* on you too, and soooo glad to hear you are having better pumpkin poops!

Congrats on the feature!! You should really be receiving a medal for all that you put up with living with the Doof!

Loves,
Tofu

11:28 PM  
Blogger Luckie Girl said...

Hey Joey,
Tanner isn't very fast with his reactions huh? I mean a carrot on his back and he didn't even notice? Unbelievable. Congrats on being featured on the Animal Internet.

I read what Boo said....I remember that advertisement too! I think it was for Sharp LCD TV or sumthing.

11:51 PM  
Blogger Toby said...

OMD, the last picture is so funny!! Gotta keep those eyeballs on him huh??

Congrats on being on Animal Internet!! I'm telling you, the next thing u know, you're gonna be on Oprah!!!

Tobes

12:20 AM  
Blogger MJ's doghouse said...

special people need love too joey...i am sure doof can think of something silly you do....but congrats on making animal internet...i wonder if that is like an award ....cool i am going to go and chekc you out..

12:29 AM  
Blogger Simba and Jazzi said...

That carrot could have been there for days.

Simba xx

12:42 AM  
Blogger Myeo said...

Hey Joey

You look pretty scawy in the last foto.

Love
Boy n Baby

1:35 AM  
Blogger Molly the Airedale said...

Congratulations on being the feature blog over at Animal Internet! Way cool Joey!
Didn't Tanner feel that cold carrot on his back? hummmmmmmm

Love ya lots,
Maggie

2:31 AM  
Blogger Oscar's mummy and daddy said...

Ten minutes with a carrot on his bacK?! I take it back, he is a doofus after all!

Licks
Oscar x

2:39 AM  
Blogger wally said...

Carrot-back! So funny! It would be funnier if that didn't happen to me with some regularity.

And, yeah, I'd rather live with Joe. We've got enough doofuses around here. I could use some genius-company.

wally.

3:05 AM  
Blogger Herbie said...

Oh... I know how awful a bad tummy is! We (me and Helios) had tummyache about 2 weeks ago and my M was feeding us with pumpkin and yoghurt to make our tummies better.

3:28 AM  
Blogger Amber-Mae said...

Gosh Tanner, was it really that hard to find that slice of carrot? Hmmm, this shows that your nose is not functioning that well huh!? Hehehehehe...

Love licks,
Solid Gold Dancer

5:19 AM  
Blogger Buster the Wired Fox Terror said...

I pity you Joey. Personally, I woulda stuck a tack through that carrot so it could stay there forever.

Bussie Kissies
Buster

5:51 AM  
Blogger umekotyan said...

Eccentric character's carrot is rabbit's food.

from loved ume tyan

5:59 AM  
Blogger H.A. Turbofire, Sibertarian said...

I'm shaking my head slowly at the carrot on the back thing!

7:12 AM  
Blogger Peanut said...

Oh the carrot on his butt is pricelss. Your right though I like to read what Tanner has to say but having him living with me would be a whole other story.

7:12 AM  
Blogger Balboa said...

He's so silly and Doofy that he's funny.

Do you have any confessions?

Frenchie Snorts
Balboa

7:25 AM  
Blogger Frasier said...

You guys are so cute...Mommy said she just wanted to pick you up and give you a big smackeroo.Yesh!

7:37 AM  
Blogger Tadpole said...

I will give you Fig for the Doofus...?

8:08 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats on the Animal Internets!!! No one deserves it more!

That Doofus... jeesh. Good thing you're there to guard the house and provide a little intelligence to the family....

8:11 AM  
Blogger Sophie Brador said...

I'd live with you, Joe! I'm going to try pumpkin. My poops have been a little too pudding-like of late. Sorry for the detail.

9:40 AM  
Blogger Jackson's J1 and J2 said...

Hey Joe, glad you're feeling better. Yet again you've proved the doofusness of Tanner. Nuff said. J x

12:34 PM  
Blogger Suki & Joey said...

Congrats, Joey! Your blog is the coolest :)

That is so funny that the Doofus had a carrot on his back...kinda like when my Mom is looking all over for her cell and it's in her hand! LOL!

Puggy kisses
Suki

4:06 PM  
Blogger Sir Chance-Lot said...

Hey friend, how are you?
Stop by my page will ya, I am looking for models!
Tailwaggins
SCL

4:41 PM  
Blogger Sunshade said...

WOW Joey, you just spoke my mind. I know EXACTLY what you mean. For those dogs who love STINKY, I would like to ask them - How would you like to live with a STINKY land shark??

I know you understand my pain Joey, and thanks for always been so supportive over the STINKY issue. You are a TRUE friend, I love you, no not that kind of love, but still love you know?

Love nibbles,
Miss Sunshade

5:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Truer words have never been spoken. You have to keep one eye on the Doof at all times. He is an accident waiting to happen. But...very amusing. Sorry about your luck, Joe. "The Ohio cousins"

5:43 PM  
Blogger Emily and Ike said...

OMG you are so right, I would probably kick his ass. Well, maybe not - he is kinda funny.
Ike

6:15 PM  
Blogger Lacey said...

We're glad to hear that Joey is feeling better from his poopies. We hate it when we get really bad poops. Then the girl chases us to wipe our butts.

At first we thought the carrot was a lasar and that Joey had Tanner in his rifle sights. We're glad it was just food.

Congrats on your blog being featured.

9:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

haha i hope the doofus didn't spin circles trying to see why his behind smelled so good.

what about you, joey? won't hurt to spill a few secrets about yourself, your image is already very good!

glad that your poopies are better! how about some papaya to regrow those good bacteria (icks!) in your tummy? HM says they get all pulled out when your poopies start to run.

love..
chiyo

9:37 PM  
Blogger Ume said...

i would definitely nip dat pc of carrot off Tanner's butt!
glad to noe dat your tum tum is better now...

1:56 AM  
Blogger Jessica said...

Hi Tanner and Joey....Our Mom is bringing us a surprise today that she says she saw on your blog. We can hardly wait to see what it is.

Love, Seadra and Zoe

6:59 AM  
Blogger Quinvale AstaLaVista Baby said...

G'day Tanner & Joey,

Congrats on your blog doing so well. I'm glad you're feeling better.

xxx Asta down under

2:17 PM  
Blogger T-man Angel said...

Joey, I understand your pain at having to live with a less capable brother. I suffer having to live with CC-man. From dropping his egg biscuit in his water, to pooping on Mom and me, he baffles us everyday with his lack of brain cells.

3:14 PM  
Blogger Deanna said...

Dork!

11:15 PM  
Blogger PreciOus said...

Glad you are feeling better, Joe. And that is the funniest confession I ever heard, Tanner!

Snuggle,
Precious

4:41 AM  
Blogger Stanley said...

Joey!

YOU TOTALLY LOVE YOUR DOOFUS! Come on, man. Be a DOG and just *admit* it already!

And yes, I think I love Tanner BECAUSE of his specailness.

Goober nuggets,
Stanley

11:49 AM  
Blogger The Army of Four said...

Joe, I find it very helpful to grab my little brother by the neck and throw him around several times a day. Of course, my little brother is NOT a doofus ... so maybe if you grabbed Tanner by the neck and threw him around, your bro wouldn't be a doofus either!?!
Just a thought.
Woo.
Luv,
Dave

12:19 PM  
Blogger Khady Lynn said...

Poor Tanner, you just have to feel sorry for the poor doofus! If food falls anywhere around me, I am all over it!!

Holly

5:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home