Joe Stains

This is the blog of an angry old boston terrier. (and his little brother Tanner who gets to post every Tuesday)

Monday, October 13, 2008

You are only as old as you feel...

I am glad you all liked my video yesterday, we do like to walk fast, we have a lot of energy!!

Why don't you make a new friend today, visit my buddy Stella's blog. She has just been rescued and is ready to blog and make friends.

So this weekend Mom read in a magazine that senior dogs shouldn't lay on the hard ground or floor. So Mom decided to put our beds on the patio for us to sun...




Tanner tried the blue bed...




Then he tried the brown bed...




Then I took in some sun and tried to figure out which senior dog is coming to visit...

37 Stains:

Blogger Ozzie, Rocky and Lola said...

That's way cool! You got some geriatric dog coming to visit you! How exciting is that? We understand that the older ones enjoy the desert air!

6:34 PM  
Blogger Stella said...

Thanks, Joe, for mentioning me in your blog. That was very nice of you. I wish I could come and lay in the sunshine with you. We had a rainy weekend, and pretty soon we will be getting SNOW. Want to come and slide with me?

Kisses,
Stella

6:34 PM  
Blogger Gus said...

hey, maybe it is wally! Or Butchy! Not me, I am not six yet.

kisses
gussie

6:49 PM  
Blogger NAK and The Residents of The Khottage Now With KhattleDog! said...

Oh yes, that dry heat is soooooo invigorating!

Hugz&Khysses,
Khyra

7:17 PM  
Blogger Lindsay said...

Well, it's always nice to have cozy beds outside in the sun anyway. Might as well keep them warm for the old dogs that are coming... You'll have to let us know when they get there!

Brown dog kisses,
Dannan

7:22 PM  
Blogger vix said...

Joey, you're so funny. Thanks so much for making me smile and laugh every day!

7:31 PM  
Blogger Rudy said...

You can never tell with senior dogs. My mom Clancy just spreads out on the wooden deck floor and snoozes in the bright sun, no matter how hot it is. She'll pant like a fox, and just lie there. Emmy does it too! If they had dog beds they'd just get 'em wet from panting so much. Go figure!

Rudy

8:05 PM  
Blogger Luckie Girl said...

I don't see any senior dogs...wat on earth is your Mom talking about? sheesh.

8:14 PM  
Blogger T-man Angel said...

Ha ha, you chose the ground over the cushions!! You'll grow to love luxury soon. Remember older = wiser :)

Thanks for the recommendation on Vimeo. The videos look clearer.

8:28 PM  
Blogger Sophie Brador said...

Ha! Joey, that was to funny.

xo
SB

8:45 PM  
Blogger MJ's doghouse said...

oh i cant believe you are having a senior dog visiting...fun...you look like you are nice and toasty on the cement though..

9:04 PM  
Blogger Lacey said...

Maybe BLU is coming to visit. She's getting old!!

If our girl put a bed on our patio, it would be a yellow bed.
Comet

9:36 PM  
Blogger Asta said...

HeheheJoey
I think those beds awe in the wong house..happy sunning
smoochie kisses
ASTA

10:32 PM  
Blogger Myeo said...

hmmm, we wonder who your mom is refering to

love
boy n baby

10:46 PM  
Blogger Snowball said...

I dun like to sleep on beds although I have a few of them laying around the house.

I have no clue who is it that is visiting you. Remember to take pictures to show us.

Luv
Snowball

11:11 PM  
Blogger Girl Girl Hamster said...

You doggies look great sun tanning there. :)

~ Girl girl

11:45 PM  
Blogger Molly the Airedale said...

Sunbathing on cushy beds sounds pretty nice to us!

Love ya lots,
Maggie and Mitch

2:02 AM  
Blogger Boo Casanova said...

hahahaha. is tanner the senior dog in your house?

wet wet licks

boo

2:36 AM  
Blogger Simba and Jazzi said...

Stopping by to say hello to all my DWB friends after the weekend. Hope you are all well.

Simba x

2:37 AM  
Blogger Abby said...

Hi, Joey...

Nice of you to leave room for the older dog when he gets there...

Enjoy the sun...

Abby xxxooo

2:59 AM  
Blogger BenTheRotti said...

Senior Dogs? Nope I don't see any of those.. maybe you misheard them and the beds are for the senior bipeds to chill on.. you have two of those senior bipeds don't you??

hehehehe

love and tailwags,

Ben xxxx

4:34 AM  
Blogger Charlie Daniels said...

Well I'm not going to name names .. but I sure know it ain't me ... I'm only one!

Cheers

Charlie

5:32 AM  
Blogger Ferndoggle said...

I'm with you Joe...I never lay on my bed. The hard floor is way more comfy. Besides, I'm still kind of a spring chicken.

Sherman

6:09 AM  
Blogger Beckett said...

Senior dogs? Does that mean they go to high school? I didn't know PetSmart even HAD high school classes.

Beckett

7:51 AM  
Blogger Moco said...

We went over and said, "hey" to Stella.
Maybe I am coming to visit you. I think I am a geriatric dog. Maybe I'll send Clara. She is a geriatric cat and likes to lay on those pillow things. I would rather lay on the big old "fire monkey."

9:02 AM  
Blogger Ruby Bleu said...

And which bed did you lay on Joe???

I'm going off to visit Stella now!

Lots of Licks, Ruby

9:09 AM  
Blogger Lola Smiles said...

lol, you tell them Joey! Sun baths are my favourite though!

10:05 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Hai JOE! I is Jake!! I like to roll around too much in da dirt fer a bed outside.

Pawsome video of yoo and Tanner! I like to run very fast wif dad too! I don't when mom is wif us, cuz she has da baby blurpy wif her and I needs to know if she is there.

OHBOYOHBOYOHBOY!

::springs in my feet::
::springs in my feet::

I is Jake!

12:42 PM  
Blogger Lady Kaos said...

Cool! Tht will be fun to have company! Hope you have a great time!! hehehe
Kaos

1:31 PM  
Blogger The WriggleButts said...

You're getting a visitor? That's soo cool.. And in the mean time you could benefit from the extra cushioning too, if you're feeling like it. I'm no where geriatric, but I like anything soft.

Bajas

1:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's exactly what I said! Are you getting an old grandpa dog as a brother?!?!

2:52 PM  
Blogger Lillie Valentine said...

I love your beddies!! My elbows and knees get icky from the cement so you really should lay on those beds!! You don't have to be old to enjoy them.
I finally got caught up on reading some bloggies and I did my confessions. I've been away because my aunt had surgery in Rochester MN for a brain tumor and my mommy was gone for awhile..... Love ya! Lillie

4:18 PM  
Blogger Lorenza said...

Hi, Joey!
Since be begining I understood those cushions were not for you! I wonder who is going to lay on them!
Kisses and hugs
Lorenza

5:10 PM  
Blogger wally said...

I was about to ask why we've never met this senior dog at your house. Curious.

I like hard surfaces, too. Must be a young dude thing.

wally t.

5:27 PM  
Blogger -The Mullin Clan's Mommy- said...

Personally, we also like to lay on the cool bricks outside in our side yard. We just loved yur walkin video. How about yur next one to Boot Scoot & Boogie. We are country music followers here at the Mullin clan.

Til next time,

-da boys, Cosmos & Juneau-

5:59 PM  
Blogger Deefor said...

I hope that senior doggie got to use one of those beds when he visited. Maybe I'm a senior doggie cause I love to sleep on soft things. Sometimes.

Deefor

8:35 PM  
Blogger The Army of Four said...

I was at the vet's this week for my senior care appointment and some lady asked Mom, "Aww! Your puppy is so cute! How old is she? Is she a year yet?" Mom said, "Thanks! My puppy is 13!" Ha roo roo roo! You ARE as young as you feel!
Tail wags,
Storms

1:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home