Joe Stains

This is the blog of an angry old boston terrier. (and his little brother Tanner who gets to post every Tuesday)

Sunday, March 30, 2008

Mystery Solved and TWO Great Gifts!

Well, we have solved the mystery for Lillie! Everyone always blames the terrier but as I hung out investigating, and Tanner hung out smooching with Lillie I found this...




Lillie's brother Mr. Whiskers seems to have a little obsession with the PS2! I don't know what game he was playing here but as soon as he saw me he ran for cover...




You can't hide from Joe Stains!! Lillie's name is cleared and Tanner was able to get some kissy time in with his wife. Thanks Aire Ruby for the ride!!!

We got some great gifts this week. One came from our friend Patience who if you don't know is a great author and servant to NINE whippets. She wrote a story and named one of the characters JOE, after ME! I fell over I was so humbled! Read the story, but grab some tissues, you might get some leaky eyes! THANKS Patience, what an honor!

Also this week my Mom got a great gift from her boss. Mom and Dad got engaged last summer and her boss made her this quilt because she said Mom doesn't have a Mom of her own to make her something like this to have forever. I wanted to post it here because its so pretty and because I wanted our buddies at the Army of Four to see it because their human does beautiful quilts too.




Mom doesn't let us on it, I don't know why!!

I hope you all are having a great weekend. BASEBALL IS ON TODAY!!!!!!!!!!!!

33 Stains:

Blogger The Army of Four said...

Oh, WOOOOO! Joe, that is GORGEOUS! Look at all those wonderful colors! And the "sashing" really ties it all together so nice. Woo. GREAT job! I love the quilting design, too (I went to your FlickR page!). Thanks for sharing that - your mom's boss is REALLY talented - and KIND!
Luv,
Dave, Guide Dog for the Color Blind

10:47 AM  
Blogger Peanut said...

Glad you cleared Lillie of any wrongdoing. that quilt is just beautiful.

11:07 AM  
Blogger Molly the Airedale said...

We knew you'd crack that case in a hurry, Joey! Glad Tanner got to spend special time with Lillie!
What an awesome quilt! It's just gorgeous!

Love ya lots,
Maggie and Mitch

11:20 AM  
Blogger Asta said...

Joe
I'm so glad you wewe able to use youw detekting skills to cleaw Lilie's name and Tannew got to smooch wif his beloved!

Enjoy youw baseball. and don't fowget me..I'll miss you lots
smoochie kisses
Asta

11:34 AM  
Blogger NAK and The Residents of The Khottage Now With KhattleDog! said...

Oh MY!

That is beeWOOtiful!!

Khan't you just tell her you are taking time to smell the flowers?

Hugz&Khysses,
Khyra

12:09 PM  
Blogger Lillie Valentine said...

Thank you for your help, boys!! FINALLY my name has been cleared. At least for now. That is one great looking quilt. Mom says she wouldn't let us on it either. So that must mean its really special.

1:02 PM  
Blogger Gus said...

That is an oh so beautiful quilt Joe. Your Mom is lucky to have such a great boss, and very lucky to have you and Tanner.

gussie

1:03 PM  
Blogger Lola Smiles said...

Hello Inspector Joey!! That's a nice quilt your mom got there!

Enjoy the ball games.
I finally think the snow is starting to melt up here.

wigglebutt wags,
lola smiles

1:31 PM  
Blogger Sophie Brador said...

Hey, Weren't there some sneakers with that quilt once upon a time? The black trim really makes that quilt kicky! Joe, Are you pinning the crime on the labradude? Or sort of labradude? Well, he probably did do it. C'est la vie.

xo
SB

1:55 PM  
Blogger Mack said...

Mom said that was the most beautiful quilt she has ever seen!
She luuuuvs pretty flowers like that.

Joe, I'm not surprised you solved this case. Mr Whiskers should be ashamed! He carries the dang controller all over the house!!!!

3:22 PM  
Blogger Lorenza said...

Hi, Joe!
Good job inspector! Sure Lillie is relieved now!
That quilt is beautiful!
Welcome Baseball season!
Kisses and hugs
Lorenza

4:02 PM  
Blogger Ozzie, Rocky and Lola said...

Joe that is the most beautiful and colorful blanket we have ever seen! Your mom is going to really enjoy using that!
Oh, thought I'd let you know, since our Mom has been feeling sorry for Ozzie she sent Dad by Petsmart yesterday and he came home with one of those cool corn shanks Tanner likes so much and a little BBQ rib! Of course Ozzie hasn't felt much like playing with them yet so I've been busy breaking them in. Hee Hee!
Rocky

4:35 PM  
Blogger Myeo said...

Joey, you are really good. We will know who to find should we get accused wrongly.

Love
Boy n Baby

5:57 PM  
Blogger Sid said...

Hi Joe!
That quilts is real nice! My mommy and daddy are gaged too! Did your mommy get a circle thing on her finger like my mommy gots?
And guess what?! Our old neighbor is making my mommy and daddy a quilts for their wedding present too!! My mommy's mommy (my grammie) is up in the skies now, so my mommy doesn't have a moms either...it's sad, but grammie is in a better place now.
Happy weekend Joe Stains!

6:23 PM  
Blogger Agatha and Archie said...

Good show!! Tell your Mom that is a beautifull quilt!!!! Love A+A

6:54 PM  
Blogger Willie and Waylon said...

Wow - what a beautiful quilt! Wonder why your mom won't let you "stain" it?

7:50 PM  
Blogger MJ's doghouse said...

wow...that is just beautiful...my mom is so jealous...she has a mom though..and a friend who is a quilter...so she is going to beg her to make one for her...

7:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I knew you'd solve the mystery Joe!

That blanket is really beautiful - I can't work out why you two aren't allowed on it though....

River

7:58 PM  
Blogger Emily and Ike said...

What a wonderful gift! Your mom's boss is much nicer than my mom's bitch, I mean boss!
Ike

8:03 PM  
Blogger Girl Girl Hamster said...

Great that you clear Lillie's name. And that's a very bootiful quilt. :)

~ Girl girl

8:36 PM  
Blogger Deanna said...

Wow that is a gorgeous quilt!

8:44 PM  
Blogger Lacy said...

woofies and burf's Joey and Tanner...heehee me toldeded bout Patience story on me bloggy too...happy endings me luvs...me new u wood clear Lillie name...its the quiet ones...

b safe,
Rocky, Bear and angel Lacylulu ;)

9:04 PM  
Blogger Huskee and Hershey said...

That is like the most amazing quilt I have seen! All the colors are so lovely and it gives me a happy feel when I look at it... Your mom sure has a good boss, my mom's not sure her (male) boss will ever make a quilt for her.. (maybe not even a handkerchief.. Hehehe)

11:43 PM  
Blogger Cassidy said...

See, me telled you Mister Whiskers be the guilty one!

That quilt be so pretty, what a sweet thing your mummy's boss did, aw.

Nibbles
Cassidy x

1:49 AM  
Blogger umekotyan said...

Good evening joey.
It is a wonderful kilt.
A beautiful flower handle is wonderful.

from loved ume tyan

6:27 AM  
Blogger Petra said...

Your mom must have a wonderful boss and the boss must have a wonderful employee --- that quilt is gorgeous!

Whew! Once again you came through, Mr. Joe Investigator and Solver of Mysteries!

7:14 AM  
Blogger Princess Patches said...

What a beautiful quilt! Our mom probably wouldn't let us on it either!

Aire-hugs,
Poppy & Penny

7:42 AM  
Blogger Clover said...

Hi Joe,
Good work on solving the mystery! And that is a beautiful quilt, for sure.
Love Clover xo

7:54 AM  
Blogger Amber-Mae said...

Oh, so that fella has the remote control...That quilt is just loverly! I can understand why why she doesn't want you guys on it. joey, you might stain it coz that is what you do best, right? Hee!

Love licks,
Solid Gold Dancer

9:57 AM  
Blogger Lady Kaos said...

That quilt is gorgeus!! Your Mom's boss is awesome. My Mom doesn't have a real Mom either, but has been adopted several times through jobs she's worked at.
Kaos

3:39 PM  
Blogger Deefor said...

You are a great sleuth, Joe. I think that quilt looks like a good place to sleep. Very soft and pretty.

Deefor

8:16 PM  
Blogger Stanley said...

JOe!

Man, you are one internationl DOG of mystery! Case closed. (Bet Tanner enjoyed getting some smooch time in with his wife.)

That quilt is BOOTIFUL! I'm an afficionado of all things blanket-related, and I'm telling you, you're missing out on this one, Joe. That looks like one FAB sleeping accessory. Try to catch some zzzz's on it and let us know if it's as comfy as it looks.

Your mama's boss must LOVE her. How cool.

Goober love & quilt-getting smooches,
Stanley

3:21 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Joey
Just dropped by to see what you have been upto!
We are off blogging for a while and miss all our friends a lot.
That is a bee-yoo-ti-fool quilt
Frasier

10:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home