Joe Stains

This is the blog of an angry old boston terrier. (and his little brother Tanner who gets to post every Tuesday)

Wednesday, March 19, 2008

501 Blues

Since Tanner got the honor of posting the 500th post on MY BLOG, I am going to make post 501 all about ME. And all about my life BEFORE Tanner got here!

First of all some dogs were asking about my ear getting bit off, WELL, that happened on September 4th, 2004 BD (before Doofus) One does not forget having the top of his ear bit off! We were at the dog park and I was just running around minding my own business and I ran past a Greyhound that was just laying on the grass. Then I went running by Mom and Dad and my whole head was covered in blood! THEY FREAKED! I didn't even know what happened but I guess as I ran by the Greyhound nipped at me and the owner was like, ya he's been doing that lately. SO WHY BRING THIS VICIOUS BEAST TO THE PARK?!?! Anyway, the bloody pics are gross so I won't share but this is how I looked for about an hour after...




It bled all over. Mom decided to see if it would clot on its own before going to the vet, and it did.

joes
Then I just got this goofy looking bandaid.

So now that you know all about the loss of my perfectly pointy ear lets look at some photos of the good old days. HAPPY DAYS. Before DOOFUS Days!




This picture is WAY old. That is me and my big brother Lobo begging for some treats.




Here we are hanging on the couch at our grandparent's house. I could lay on that couch and see right out the front window, it was pawesome.




I also used to have my own room. A WHOLE ROOM, not a crate. That bed was all mine, as were the blankets. Eventually I upgraded to a down comforter. I had it MADE!




I had pawesome stuffy toys like this um, uh, thing. I dunno what in the heck it was but it was cool. Tanner destroyed it in like 30 seconds after moving here.




Look at how HAPPY I am!!




And of course, I had my cowboy pig.




We had so much fun together.




Dad was jealous and liked to play with the Cowboy Pig too...




But I would get in his face and be like, back off dude, he's my pig.




Then I heard about this TANNER coming to live with us. I think you can tell by the look on my face how Cowboy Pig and I felt. Its been gray hairs and bad moods ever since.




Here is one last photo of me, Before Doofus. You can see the peace in my eyes. Ah the good old days...

34 Stains:

Blogger Lorenza said...

Hi, Joe!
Thanks for sharing all those pre-Tanner pictures! Certainly you looked a little bit different!
The picture with the band-aid on you ear sure is funny!
Kisses and hugs
Lorenza

8:09 PM  
Blogger Emily and Ike said...

I am speechless - am going to go cry now.
Ike

8:22 PM  
Blogger Gus said...

Joe, I know how it is to be only dog for a while and then have a sibling brought in. No fun at all

You have my sympathy. My condolences. My empathy. My Teka.

gotcha

8:22 PM  
Blogger COL. Sam ASTA-fari Joe H. Pinkerton Peabody, Esq said...

We loved the BD days of pics... I have never been an only child for any length of time, except when just Mother and I go somewhere. I do see that PEACE in your eyes.. But, then again.. think of how much fun it is to get Tanner in trouble. BOL!!

8:23 PM  
Blogger Sophie Brador said...

Ah Joey, Lobo looks like he was a pretty cool dude. Maybe you were just happier without the stress of having to be an older brother. Or maybe the Doofus has just never lived up to the excellent example you set as the younger brother.

I'll bet that you're your dad's favourite. Just look at him with you and Cowboy Pig. Only a dad who considers you the favourite would risk having his face ripped off by a tough dude like you.

Mom was doing the same thing today, trying to make me think she was going to steal my bone. She better watch it!

xo
SB

8:39 PM  
Blogger Patience-please said...

Mr. Joe Stains, get over yourself!!
You have one Tanner to live with, and you know he is fun to laugh at, we mean with, and play tricks on, we mean play with, and blame your farts on. If one Tanner is too much for you, come on over to Peedoooookeeee and hang out with the NINE of us!!!!!
(Though we would not ever bite off your ear, and that greyhound owner should NOT have had him where small things were dashing around.)

We think you like that Tanner and you are just trying to sound grumpy.

wags from the whippets

8:42 PM  
Blogger MJ's doghouse said...

poor doofus...all he wants is for you too be his friend...but your life did seem pretty awesome before the doof moved in....i bet you would miss him if he left forever....think of all the things you can blame him on...

9:20 PM  
Blogger Deanna said...

Poor Joey! It's hard to live with a doofus!

9:49 PM  
Blogger Peanut said...

what kind of doggie was lobo? I can't believe that dog bit off the tip of your ear.

10:23 PM  
Blogger Lacey said...

Oh man! I saw those pictures of you and Lobo and thought that maybe you let Comet move in with you. I was so excited that you wanted him. Then I turned around and he was licking himself. Bummer.

I feel your pain of having an annoying little brother!
BLU

10:25 PM  
Blogger Girl Girl Hamster said...

Woh the days BD sure look pawsome with fun toys and a huge bed. But I'm sure AD days are fun now too right?

~ Girl girl

10:52 PM  
Blogger Huskee and Hershey said...

Hi Joey,
Gee.. you certainly look A LOT happier BD.. Your dad's tattoos are so cool.. reminds me of the people I see when I watch Miami Ink.

11:02 PM  
Blogger Simba and Jazzi said...

What happend to your room? I'm so glad I'm an only dog.

Simba x

1:48 AM  
Blogger Molly the Airedale said...

We love that you and Cowboy pig are forever friends!
What a shame about your ear! We think you look pretty cool with the bandaid on it though!

Love ya lots,
Maggie and Mitch

1:56 AM  
Blogger Harry said...

Ouch to the ear!

I do understand what you're saying, these siblings can feel like they're sent to try us sometimes, but put it this way - at least we always have someone to blame stuff on!

Toodle pip
Harry x

2:09 AM  
Blogger Dexter said...

Joey, man, I am already thinking about the pre pee-wee days. He is such a pain in the butt!

What's up with that Greyhound bitin on you (but I hear the gals go for dudes with some scars on them).

Slobbers,
Mango

3:49 AM  
Blogger Ben & Darling said...

I am totally, 100%, with all my heart agree with what you have said....you are absolutely right about all those happiness of being the only child at home and all the suck thingy when the arriving of those annoying siblings.

4:18 AM  
Blogger Mack said...

Joe!
You were a handsome stud even way back when!

4:47 AM  
Blogger Ferndoggle said...

Just be glad you don't have TWO Tanners, Joe. I miss the good old days too.

Sherm

4:56 AM  
Blogger umekotyan said...

Good evening joey.
Congratulations on 501 contributions.
...happy wonderful blog it...
It has a pain in the ear.

from loved ume tyan

6:01 AM  
Blogger Balboa said...

WOw, you were certainly living the life man!!!!!! I feel bad for you dude, but at least now you ahve someone to make fun of, right? hee hee hee

OH Guess what??? You won the caption game, I';; email your award!

Frenchei Snorts
Balboa

6:07 AM  
Blogger Deefor said...

That was sooo sad. It made me remember a time before Arrow-- no cages, no leash lots of times, all the toys MINE. I cried in my kibble this morning. Cowboy Pig looks a lot happier too.

Deefor

6:23 AM  
Blogger Randi said...

Hey Joe - I'm so sorry about your ear...that stupid doggie & human at the dog park...what a dummy...as for your ear - even if it loses it pointiness..I think you still look very handsome...& scars have a way of looking dig-na-fied on macho pups like yourself...tells people.."hey don't mess with me...see the scar?....you should see the OTHER GUY!"

Love & Licks,
Randi

9:46 AM  
Blogger Lenny said...

Hey Joe - thanks for the retrospective. You look kinda tough with the band-aid - I wouldn't mess with you.

Your friend, Lenny

10:13 AM  
Blogger The Army of Four said...

Awwww! I've heard you mention your great-brother Lobo, but I think these are the first pictures we've seen of him! You two definitely look cool hanging out together.
Play bows,
Zim

10:49 AM  
Blogger Amber-Mae said...

You really had a great life before the Doofus arrived...Just look at your pictures! Having all the wonderful & peaceful time with your brudder & hoomans. I pity you right now...

Love licks,
Solid Gold Dancer

10:57 AM  
Blogger Moco said...

What is with these hoomans? I was doing fine with Mr Football. Grammie then brings home Foley and after that Dawson. I haven't seen Mr. Football for a year. Is 501 Blues by B.B. King? We love him. I really like your bandaid look.

11:05 AM  
Blogger Snowball said...

I am so glad that my pawrents forbid jie jie from bringing another animal home If not I could be having a mini zoo here.

I can imagine the pain when the tip of your ear was nip off. Silly and irresponsible owner of the greyhound by not leashing up their dog when they know that he will attack other dog.

Luv
Snowball

12:26 PM  
Blogger Petra said...

You are a survivor, Joe Stains! You got through the trauma of a bitten off ear and made the adjustment to life with Tanner (with much dignity and grace, I might add).

2:40 PM  
Blogger Lola Smiles said...

Joey! That pic of you wearing the band-aid is hysterical!! You're too cute dude!!

luv ya
Lola Smiles

6:13 PM  
Blogger T-man Angel said...

Hee hee, Joey I think you like living with Tanner, don't pretend! Who else would you make fun of in your blogs?? You look more wistful in that last picture, like you're missing your future buddy Tanner...

8:50 PM  
Blogger Boo Casanova said...

joey, that's one great story. you definitely look happier BD days!

wet wet licks

Boo

9:17 PM  
Blogger Koobuss said...

Ah, poor Joey. Those were the days! It's a shame they had to end.

You do have some fun with Tanner, though, don't you?


Love and Koobuss Kisses,
Koobie

10:57 AM  
Blogger Morgan in Pittsburgh said...

Hey - I didn't notice you had missin ear pieces. i will go back to the present and look.
your pal, Morgan

11:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home