Joe Stains

This is the blog of an angry old boston terrier. (and his little brother Tanner who gets to post every Tuesday)

Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Baseball for Dummies! (aka TANNER!)

Since Tanner decided to call me a whiny baby yesterday I feel no guilt about calling him a big dummy when it comes to baseball. He just doesn't seem to get it, but to be honest, it is kind of confusing at our house. Let me show you why...

This is Dad's closet...




Ok, so those hats are for the Oakland A's from California.




These are Minnesota, Chicago and of course MY NEW YORK YANKEES!

That is just Dad's closet, then you have to factor this in...




Mom likes the Arizona Diamondbacks! Tanner's brain is about to explode here!

But MY team, the team I LOVE...




The New York YANKEES!




This is my Yankees mat, I often sit in front of it and meditate about games, kind of like Mango man meditates! This is a very serious time in my day...




ARGH, obviously the Doofus just does NOT GET IT. So Tanner is still pretty confused who he is cheering for...but there is one thing he HAS TO LEARN, that is who we cheer AGAINST... (SO SO Sorry Agatha and Archie and all our New England friends)




Read it Tanner...LEARN IT...FEEEEEEEEEEL IT!




Everyone is so baffled that I am a BOSTON terrier yet I say BOSTON sucks, well my friends, I can't help what I feel, I am true to my Yankees and everyone knows all Yankee fans hate the Red Sox!!

Do you got that DOOFUS?!!?!!!

PS the Nylabone steak came from Doctors Foster and Smith if you'd like to get one!

31 Stains:

Blogger Agatha and Archie said...

Well it is a good thing that we are first!!!! Yes of course it is COMMON KNOWLEDGE!!!! that these two teams ,um how shall we say DESPISE each other!!! That is what makes it great fun!! We will have to show you our Yankees suck shirt!!!!! Guess what we learned??That the Boston Terrier is Maasachewsetts state dog!!! That's right!! You guys rule here !!We will always love you both even though.........Love A+A BOSTON RED SOX FANS

6:59 PM  
Blogger Deefor said...

Baseball looks very confusing in your house--especially in the closet! I'm openminded. Except when it comes to the Yankees. I hate them. I like the Mets, the Phillies, and the Rockies. One thing I agee: the Red Sox suck.

Deefor

7:17 PM  
Blogger Ferndoggle said...

Where is the Pirates hat? Oh wait...we suck.

Sherman

7:18 PM  
Blogger vix said...

I think someone needs a Brewers cap up there. Hmm, that might make a nice gift from a certain fanatic in Minneapolis!

7:19 PM  
Blogger Gus said...

What, no gear for the St Louis Cardinals? I have some from my shrine that I will loan you, anytime you want to feel the power of RED!

sorry. My dad makes me say things like that.

kisses
gussie

7:38 PM  
Blogger Sophie Brador said...

You think Boston sucks? How about Montreal? We suck so badly our whole team ran away? I think there should be a suckage competition. We would win hands down.

Now, some serious business. I think, Joe, that you should no longer be a Boston Terrier. I think you should apply to the AKC or DWB or whoever decides these things, to change your breed to New York Terrier. I would sign the petition for you.

xo
SB

7:49 PM  
Blogger Lorenza said...

Hi, Joe!
Those are too many teams to root for but of course the first and only one is YANKEES!!!
Kisses and hugs
Lorenza

7:50 PM  
Blogger Girl Girl Hamster said...

I think we have a New york Yankee cap at home too.. Good that you're teaching Tanner about all these

~ Girl girl

9:08 PM  
Blogger COL. Sam ASTA-fari Joe H. Pinkerton Peabody, Esq said...

I am not sure the Doofus understands baseball. He still has a blank look on his face, Joey.

We are not naming sides in baseball. We will be like Sweden. We shall remain neutral, unless of course Chicago or Cincinnati finally has a team. :)

9:10 PM  
Blogger MJ's doghouse said...

i am soooooooooo confused...my beautiful brain just does not understand sports at all...my dad used to love the montreal expos...who are now is washington...how does that make any sense...i will stick to sleeping...way safer...and less hard on the brain...

9:16 PM  
Blogger Asta said...

Joey
I don't know anything about baseball except that I'm fwom NY, and I like the yankee hats best..is that good enough??
smoochie kisses
Asta

9:56 PM  
Blogger Myeo said...

We know nothing about base ball but we like that NY jersey that you put on. We think they look nice

Love
Boy n Baby

11:07 PM  
Blogger Stanley said...

Joe,

I still don't get the fascination with a game where everyone wants to either stay away from or get rid of the ball. No respect for the ball, man.

But, you DID help make the baseball experience at the House of Stains much more clear. I can see why the Doofus almost had his head 'splode.

Goober love,
Stanley

12:12 AM  
Blogger Simba and Jazzi said...

Your Dad has nearly as many hats as my Mummy does shoes.

Simba x

2:13 AM  
Blogger Molly the Airedale said...

We need to introduce your to our hooman sissy, Joey! She's the ONLY Yankees fan around here and we're NOT proud of her!
Thanks for the nylabone tip! We tried to find it on ebay and came up with zero!

Love ya lots,
Maggie and Mitch

2:22 AM  
Blogger Harry said...

Well we know less than nothing about the game, never mind the teams so Tanner is ahead of us already!

Toodle pip
Harry x

2:31 AM  
Blogger Dexter said...

No wonder Tanner is confused! Its Red Sox nation, little man. You wait, we'll see in the fall.

Mango

P.S. I LOVE baseball cause it helps me to meditate.

3:29 AM  
Blogger Mack said...

It's okay to be a BT and not like Boston's team.
Heck, some BT's don't even drink Sam Adams, if you can believe that!

5:00 AM  
Blogger umekotyan said...

Good evening joey.
There are a lot of hats of contents of the closet.
Cheerleaders.
And, Matsui is a marriage.
Boston Boston terrier's is theme, and Boston pop orchestra. :)

from loved ume tyan

5:48 AM  
Blogger Emily and Ike said...

That was a great lesson learned for all of us!
Ike

5:51 AM  
Blogger JavaGirlBT said...

Thanks for the lesson, but my mom's hats all have a B on them. B is for Boston she says. We love the Red Sox.
Java

7:30 AM  
Blogger Peanut said...

Oh Oh I hate to say it but the Yankees suck. :) :)

8:31 AM  
Blogger -The Mullin Clan's Mommy- said...

Our PGH Pirates are not a great team. They didn't deserve to get their own stadium & that's fur sure!
-Cosmos & Juneau-

9:17 AM  
Blogger Amber-Mae said...

You think he got it already?

Love licks,
Solid Gold Dancer

10:05 AM  
Blogger Moco said...

Where is the Mariners hat and shirt. Grammie thinks that Raul is the man. I think baseball is great because the big red guy never leaves his chair and I get to sit on him

10:07 AM  
Blogger Petra said...

Wow -- your dad has a very organized closet. The hats are lined up so neatly, one right next to the other. And I'm SO GLAD that he has at least has one CHICAGO hat!

I like your logic about being a boston terrier & not letting that influence your loyalty to your team. Yes, I like that.

10:12 AM  
Blogger leah said...

i'm so glad that there's a cubs hat in there! whatever team anyone in your house cheers for, it's ok with me if there's a cubs hat there too!

3:12 PM  
Blogger wally said...

I root for the MOANERS AND THE CUBBIES and sometimes the Phillies. Whatevs. No Yankees, though I do support your anti-Red Sox sentiment. Hmmm. I guess me n'Deefor have a lot in common.

3:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Joey
Use is so right use should be a New York Terrier, Go Yankees, don't tell anyones I saids this because Nanny will wash my mouth out with soaps, but BOSTON SUCKS, HEE, HEE
Hugs, Bellyrubs, Smoochies
Pearl

3:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Joey,

As a rabid Yankees fan, how do you feel about them tearing down the Stadium?

diane

p.s. The hu-man here has Twins hats, but all of mine are Cubs!!!

5:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

No Pirates hat? What about your mom's roots????

5:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home