Joe Stains

This is the blog of an angry old boston terrier. (and his little brother Tanner who gets to post every Tuesday)

Thursday, March 27, 2008

More info about baseball!

Some people thought it was weird that my dad likes soooo many teams, but let me explain them to you!




So the Oakland A's are from California. When he was growing up they were his little brother's favorite team, but Dad did not like them because of 2 players, the BASH brothers. But then in 2006 while they were playing the Angels in the playoffs he decided they were actually pretty good. Fortunately for them (and NOT me) their Spring Training facility is just 3 miles from our house, so they got to go see them a lot this year! (but I didn't get to go!)




This hat is for the Minnesota Twins. Dad lived in Burnsville Minnesota for a couple of years when he was younger and he liked their player called Kirby Puckett. Dang, I like him too, that is one cool name!! Our grandpa always talked about a Twins player named Harmon Killebrew and that is one funny name also. His grandma and uncle live in Minnesota so that is why he likes them still!




Dad was actually born in Palatine Illinois so that is why he likes the Cubs. He liked a player named Shawn Dunston and one named Ryn Sandberg. I think he likes them because he likes the band called Chicago too!




Finally, the most important team, MY NEW YORK YANKEES!! Dad has never even BEEN to New York, but this is his most favorite team and mine too! He has liked them since he was a little kid, since Don Mattingly started playing for them.


Check out his moustache! It makes me so jealous that I can't grow something like that!

Some dogs and people asked why we don't have a Pittsburgh Pirates hat since my Mom is from there, well, as our buddy Sherman said, the Pirates suck. It is true, they are just pretty terrible.

So now you know why we like all of those teams and you know which is the most important...GO YANKEES!

30 Stains:

Blogger Lillie Valentine said...

TANNER!
I'm BACK! I need your HELP and FAST! LUVVVVVVVVVV,
Lillie

6:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Those teams are pretty cool...EXCEPT for the CUBS!!! The Mom and I are Cardinals fans as you know lol

I'm soooo excited about baseball season!

7:27 PM  
Blogger Sophie Brador said...

Joe! Who cars about those hats. Look at how cute you are!

xo
SB

7:53 PM  
Blogger Ferndoggle said...

You just wait, Joe Stains! Our sucky Pirates are gonna be good. One day. In 2035. And I'll send your Dad a hat so he can root for a good team.

In the meantime... Go Sox! (Mom made me say that.)

Sherm

7:57 PM  
Blogger Gus said...

oh Joe: I am glad my dad only roots for one (1) baseball team. I would probably not be able to keep them straight and end up wearing my Cardinals Bandanana when I was sposed to be wearing my Nationals (E.Rabbit's 2nd fave team) hat or somethin'

You gots a lot of brains between your pointy little ears!

gussie

8:14 PM  
Blogger Stanley said...

Joey!

I'm with Sophie! As long as YOU are in the photo, I don't care what else is there. (Though, that is an extensive and well-researched history of your dad's basebal fanage!)

Goob love,
Stanley

8:16 PM  
Blogger Lorenza said...

Hi, Joe!
That was a good explanation! But you are right... GO YANKEES!
Kisses and hugs
Lorenza

8:25 PM  
Blogger Ozzie, Rocky and Lola said...

Joe you are just a fountain of information! We are always so impressed by your expertise on so many different subjects!
Rocky

9:04 PM  
Blogger Amber-Mae said...

Oh gee, I really don't know all those teams...

Love licks,
Solid Gold Dancer

9:38 PM  
Blogger vix said...

These baseball posts are the BEST EVER! But I still want a Brewers hat in that collection, so keep watching the mail!

9:52 PM  
Blogger Girl Girl Hamster said...

Oh... I'm going to support the NY Yankees now coz you say they're good. :)

~ Girl girl

10:32 PM  
Blogger Helios said...

wow... I'm impressed. My M is not a sprts fan so she doesn't have any of these stuff.

11:22 PM  
Blogger Myeo said...

We are just following suit. We trust you so we just support who you supports :P

Love
Boy n Baby

12:26 AM  
Blogger Snowball said...

I have never really watched a baseball match before and let alone knowing anything about the teams. Thank you for all the information about the teams.

Luv
Snowball

1:32 AM  
Blogger Simba and Jazzi said...

I'm still in awe of all the hats.

Simba x

2:01 AM  
Blogger Molly the Airedale said...

Ya know, Joe! Somehow we can see Don Mattingly's moustache on you!

Love ya lots,
Maggie and Mitch

2:29 AM  
Blogger Mack said...

I just think it is totally awesome you don't try and grab those caps!

4:54 AM  
Blogger Asta said...

Joe
It's a good thing youw dad didn't live in mowe places hehehe, then it would weally be confoosing..go Yankees!
smoochi ekisses
Asta
pee ess thanks fow wanting to donate..if you go to Ozzy's on the left thewe awe a bunch of options..one of them is DONATE..just click on that..hope that helps(I didn't think you wewe up to walking to NY silly)
love and smoochie kisses
Asta

5:59 AM  
Blogger Murphey said...

That is some facial hair, dang!

Go Yankees!

Murph

7:04 AM  
Blogger Martha said...

That's a lot of teams! My dad only likes the Tigers. Love, Martha

9:19 AM  
Blogger Ruby Bleu said...

Now that makes sense...thanks for clearing things up go. My cousin Danny is a HUGE yankees fan too. Me, I've never watched baseball, but I probably should try, huh?

Lots of Licks, Ruby

9:47 AM  
Blogger Petra said...

OK, now I get it!

Those teams are pretty cool ...ESPECIALLY the Cubs!

10:06 AM  
Blogger Clover said...

Hi Joey and Tanner,
Thanks for the baseball info, Joe. I understand a little more about the teams, but not really about the game.
I recognize those Minnesota hats, my mom has one! I am going to have to model it and put it on the blog some time.
Love Clover xo

10:46 AM  
Blogger Moco said...

There is nothing odd about baseball. We like the CUBS because they have our Lou. Grammie likes the Yankees because they have Johnny. We like the Mariners because they are Pacific Northwest. None of it has to make sense, it is baseball.

10:48 AM  
Blogger Deefor said...

I love watching baseball on TV. Mostly cause it brings lots of food to the couch. Even if I hate the Yankees. Sorry.

Deefor

2:05 PM  
Blogger Lola Smiles said...

Joey: I don't know how you can keep up with all those teams! but yeah, BOO BOSTON!!

I have to convince my mom to get me a hockey sweater.

luv ya,
Lola Smiles

6:47 PM  
Blogger The Army of Four said...

Did Kirby Puckett play with Kirby Puckett and the Union Gap? Wasn't that their name?
I missed the picture of the Cleveland Indians stuff. Did you forget them? Ha rooooooo!
Play bows,
Zim
PS: How come my Google reader won't let us add your blog to our line-up?

8:07 AM  
Blogger T-man Angel said...

Ooh, Palatine is really close to where I live!! That makes your dad EXTRA cool :)

My mom used to be in love with a player called Dale Murphy of the Atlanta Braves. That motivated her to watch baseball.

11:27 AM  
Blogger wally said...

CUUUUUUUUUUBBBBIES! My team never win. I think everyone else cheats.

wally

5:21 PM  
Blogger Deanna said...

Go Cubs!!!!!

They're on TV tomorrow!!!!!

We watched the Braves lose today, and mom is sad about that.

8:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home