Joe Stains

This is the blog of an angry old boston terrier. (and his little brother Tanner who gets to post every Tuesday)

Thursday, March 20, 2008

Sad and fair

So we are sad to lose our always happy friend LacyLulu. Mom said I should stop to think how lucky I am to be healthy and pain free and that I should be nicer to Tanner. SO I decided to do a Doofus, er, Tanner post. I thought you guys might like to see some older pics that Mom doesn't think she has ever had on here. (she is way old so some of these MAY be repeats)




This was the very first picture we ever saw of the doofus. Mom and Dad were like, woah look at that face!




He sure was tiny back then. These photos were taken at Aunt Patty's house in Ohio in June of 2005. Tanner lived with them until the end of August 2005.








I have to be nice here, but you may notice there was a whole lot LESS Tanner back then.




I believe this photo was taken the day that Cowboy Pig was 'put away'. As you can see the Doof is trying to rip his bandnananana off. Again, wow sure looks like a totally different Tanner. I can't quite put my finger on it but it seems like we have MORE Tanner to love these days...




Tanner LOVES riding in the car, he likes to be right in the middle console, but Mom and Dad say that is not safe so he gets shoved in the back with me.




OK I admit it, sometimes the darn Doofus does something cute!




Ok so its been more than once that he did something cute.

Finally, the most humbling photos ever to be shared on my blog...




He was warm, I was cold, one thing led to another and of course Mom had the camera ready!




Mom just thinks this picture is SO SO cute. (I can't believe I am sharing these photos!)




This is the last one. We look like a two headed Boston Terrier. I think I was asleep first and then the Doof crept in, that is my story anyway.

Finally, while Tanner can be cute and warm there is one thing I will not budge on...




THE CUZ ARE MINE!!!!!!!!!!!

26 Stains:

Blogger MJ's doghouse said...

wow you sure are a good big brother today Joey....And I agree...there is sure alot more of tanner to love...what a guy...what a brother..

11:38 PM  
Blogger Dexter said...

Oh man, now that you have been forced to post those totally cute lovie dovie shots your reputation is going to be at risk.

Maybe you guys could work out the joint custody agreement with Cowboy Pig like I did with the duckie.

1:59 AM  
Blogger Molly the Airedale said...

We agree with your mom - that photo of the two of you under the sheets together is just too darn cute!
We think the Easter bunny is smiling at how brotherly you are, Joey and you just may get a whole dozen eggs for Easter!

Love ya lots
Maggie and Mitch

2:06 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Joey
That pics of you sneeping with Tanner is soooo cute. He sure is a big boy, but very cutes, just like you Joe.
I got a cuz from Sophia and I loves it a lot, but sometimes Sophia tries to takes it back and I gets mad at her. She slept over last nite, Nanny will post some of the piktoors over the weekends.
Happy Easter to you, Tanner and your hoomans.
Hugs, bellyrubs, smoochies
Pearl

3:36 AM  
Blogger Mack said...

Joe,
That was just so dang big of ya to share those great photos of Tanner. And that one of him asleep in the blinds is absolutely....precious!

Happy Friday,
Mack

4:45 AM  
Blogger Ozzie, Rocky and Lola said...

Joe, we don't care what you say man, we KNOW you have a soft place for the Doofus! He's your bro man!
Ozzie & Rocky

5:21 AM  
Blogger Sophie Brador said...

Hey Joe, Did you and Tanner play like crazy when he first came. That's what I did with my sister Sydney, until I realized she wasn't leaving.

xo
SB

5:45 AM  
Blogger Michele said...

Joey that was very nice to you to post about Tanner like that. But every dog has their boundaries...the cuz are yours!!!

Lots of Licks, Ruby

6:03 AM  
Blogger H.A. Turbofire, Sibertarian said...

I hate it when somedog or my Human takes my Cuz! It's just wrong!!!

7:11 AM  
Blogger Ferndoggle said...

Joe, I kinda like this softer side of you. Every once in a while I show that side of me too...but not very often!

Sherman

7:42 AM  
Blogger Petra said...

A two-headed boston terrier --- that's a scary thought -- what a great picture!

You must admit that your life became more interesting since Tanner came to live with you...and there's even more of him to love.

7:49 AM  
Blogger Gus said...

Yup, we had noticed there was a whole lot less Tanner before you even mentioned it.

Thanks for sharing some of the moments we do not normally see. It takes a real man to cuddle with a Doofus

gussie

8:11 AM  
Blogger Princess Patches said...

Joey, you're such a good big brother! We know you really love the Doofus!

Aire-hugs,
Poppy & Penny

8:15 AM  
Blogger Amber-Mae said...

Well well well, I must say that Tanner was a lot slimmer before! What5 happened to him now? BOL! Great post about Tanner. I'm sure he's gonna give you lotsa huggies after this.

Love licks,
Solid Gold Dancer

9:10 AM  
Blogger Emily and Ike said...

I had no idea you were such a Doofus lover.
Ike

9:11 AM  
Blogger Moco said...

Thanks for all the pictures of Tanner. We think that you are right and he has gained an ounce or two. It is probably all that great cooking that your mom does.

9:16 AM  
Blogger Mr. T-Bone Beasley said...

Joe...awwww we all knew that you secretly adore your brother! Your secret's out, now what are you going to do!

Very awesome pictures, by the way...you are both very good picture takers. And holy squeeky toys Joe!!!! You have daggers for toe nails! But, I bet it feels sooooo good when you have an itch to scratch!

Slurp!
Mr. T-Bone Beasley

9:30 AM  
Blogger Urban Smoothie Read said...

i believe sometimes tanner is hard to resist

9:35 AM  
Blogger Lorenza said...

Hi, Joe.
I don't want to say that your auntie was starving Tanner but sure he looks like he is eating better now!
We all know you have a soft side and for proofs you show us all those adorable pictures!
Kisses and hugs
Lorenza

10:17 AM  
Blogger Asta said...

Joe
We'we melting hewe it's so wawm and fuzzy..the doof can be pwetty dawn cute. and like you said, he does keep you wawm sometimes..I think the food at youw house is just too dawn good, that's why thewe is mowe Tannew to love now. I think you will do vewy well this Eastew joey, the Bunny must be vewy impwessed by youw genewosity and sweetness...we blew the insides of the eggs down the sink..tell youw Mom if she wants the soup wecipe we can send it..it weally was gweat
Happy Eastew!
smoochie kisses
Astabunny

3:40 PM  
Blogger vix said...

Holy criminy, Doofus Face was a skinny guy before -- glad that your mom's good home cookin' has bulked him up to a healthy level! Sorry for your loss too. :( :(

3:51 PM  
Blogger Peanut said...

Oh joe sometimes it is nice to see the softer side of someone. Tanner has more doof to love now.

5:17 PM  
Blogger Deanna said...

You guys are so cute sleeping together!

10:53 PM  
Blogger Stanley said...

Joe!

The main thing I'm taking away from that post about Tanner is... your CLAWS, man! Whoa! You've got yourself some Howard Hughes like nails going on there. Very badass!

I think it shows just how mature you are, and how much you've grown emotionally, to be dedicating one of YOUR posts to the Doof... Tanner. He was more svelte back then, and it's obvious you like being a big brother. What I'm saying here, Joe, is that I'm proud of you, man! It takes a very secure dog to show incriminating photos like you showed. (My girl and I love you even more... if that's possible).

Take care of Cowboy Pig! He's a good bud to you.

Viva los Hermanos de STAINS!!!!

Goober love,
Stanley

7:29 AM  
Blogger Deefor said...

You guys do look cute. Like brothers. What happened?

Deefor

9:22 PM  
Blogger Agatha and Archie said...

OMG you 2 are the cutest ever!!!! We mean handsomeest..Love A+A

7:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home