Joe Stains

This is the blog of an angry old boston terrier. (and his little brother Tanner who gets to post every Tuesday)

Monday, December 10, 2007

Woe is ME!!!!

The Steelers lost. It was terrible. I can't even believe it and its been over for a whole day. I thank all you dogs out there for your support, even those that do not understand our football.

Mom has mentioned to me that I tend to be a bit dramatic and so has my good friend and neighbor, Gus. I guess maybe they are right but the conditions at my home right now are NOT acceptable. You must consider that in the summer our LOW temperature is usually around 80 degrees farenheit.

Please see the HIGH temperature in my yard today:


I KNOW some doggies have it so bad in the so freezing cold. BUT think about it some doggies in the winterland how you would feel if it was 115 degrees outside for several days in a row!! At night the temperature is in the 40s, I didn't even know those numbers existed on our thermometer!

I can accept the weather. I can accept its going to be like this:



But what I cannot accept is THIS:


We have a heater! We are not so poor that we cannot afford to heat our home!


The fire is not on and its freakin GAS all the lazy woman has to do is turn a switch and toss in a match!


This is what is going to become of me. Soon my soul will leave my body as I freeze to death.

*sob*

43 Stains:

Blogger Jessica said...

It's 68 degrees in your house and you think you are going to freeze to death? Man...you need to come and visit Zoe and I in Michigan. It's 20 degrees outside right now. And during the day when Mom and Dad are at work and the kids are at school the temp in the house gets turned down to 60. We don't mind tho, we just snuggle under blankies all day and sleep. Tell your Mom and Dad to put out some more blankies for you and Tanner. We wouldn't want you to freeze to death or something.

We are sorry to say that you are not looking very tough in this post Joe. Come to Michigan and we will toughen you up.

Love, Seadra and Zoe

6:03 PM  
Blogger Peanut said...

What? 68 is a great temp. I think your old age is showing Joe. Doesn't your blood thin as you get older?

6:09 PM  
Blogger Myeo said...

How about more blankies ans sweaters to keep you warm. We hope you will get thru this.

Love
Boy n Baby

6:31 PM  
Blogger Kapp pack said...

You need a fur coat like we have....ha roo roo....We got yor Christmas card today. Thanks!

6:31 PM  
Blogger Asta said...

Joe
Pleeez don't fweeze..I can't beaw to think of you suffewing in the cold..should I send you a blankie aow one of my coats ow my tuwtleneck??just tell me what you pwefew.....that on top of a loss..well it is pwetty dwamatic..I think you have evewy wight to complain...maybe Sophie could come visit you and wawm you with hew snuggles...just a thought
smoochie kisses
Asta
pee ess. I got youe bootiful cawd today you both look vewy handsome! Thank You! vewy much..muwahhhh

6:34 PM  
Blogger Snowball said...

Just stay indoor more and stay close to the heater. or you can even try to snuggle up with Tanner to keep yourself warm for the winter.

Luv,
Snowball

6:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Aww poor Joe - I think like the others have you said you'll need to do some snuggling and maybe get a cool sweater or something - you'll be fine!

River

6:59 PM  
Blogger Emily and Ike said...

Woe is Joe stains. My mom is wearing a sweater and a hat - inside. I am under the down comforter in bed right now and she is dictating. I often wear sweaters inside.
Ike

7:02 PM  
Blogger Princess Eva and Brice said...

Hi Joey and Tanner, nice to meet you. You guys have a great blog! We got your Holiday card today. Thank you very much! You both look so festive. Sorry about your Steelers. Our dad is a HUGE Vikings fan, so he's feeling pretty good right now. You are right about us winterland dogs not liking 115 degrees. We hate that kind of heat. Two days ago it got down to -8 degrees here. We also have about 9 inches of snow on the ground. We LOVE the snow! Have a safe and happy Holiday Season! Belly Rubs, Tasha & Eva.

7:16 PM  
Blogger Agatha and Archie said...

Dearest Joey,We were really very worried yesterday,Not for the Patriots but for you. We know how much you adore your beloved Steelers. They are a great team and the talk for the whole week before the game was about how tuff and good they are and how this may be the Super Bowl Matchup.If it makes you feel better,PL1+2 taped the game to watch it later, were really pumped to watch it and had been waiting all week(PL2 had to mark papers so that's why they watched it late) they were getting into the game AND THE TAPE RAN OUT,They didn't get to see the last quarter!We laughed + said JOEY MUST HAVE DONE IT!!!!!Love A+A

7:53 PM  
Blogger MJ's doghouse said...

wow..what i would give for 68 degrees...but i understand your need for warmth. i think your parents are trying to freeze you out...dont let it happen..snuggle up to doof if you need to...i know you think that sounds gross...but nothing is better than a warm belly...

8:00 PM  
Blogger Lacey said...

Joey - I can't believe how mean all your other friends are. They have NO SYMPATHY at all! They just don't understand how cold it is. After all, it's a DRY COLD! heheheheh.

We feel your pain! We are freezing our fluffy bottoms off too. Luckily our girl hates the cold and keeps our house at 75! Come on over - she won't mind.
Comet and BLU

8:07 PM  
Blogger Gus said...

Dear Joey: 68 degrees huh. Well, I have some suggestions for you. First..Teka gives off lots of body heat. I will send her over to your house anytime you need to snuggle with a "not Tanner." Second...my muzzer turns the heat down at night to about 60. My dad complains that he is sleeping in Siberia. Maybe you could come over and join him and Teka under the covers here. Sometimes he takes a heating pad with him too. Third...You guys need one of those pad things that warm up in the microwave and hold the heat all day. Muzzer says that she will go back and figure out where she saw them and e-mail you the address.

8:12 PM  
Blogger Ozzie, Rocky and Lola said...

Poor Joe! That is so scary. It's a little bit warmer here in Texas right now but don't think it's gonna last too long. Sure hope your mom will light the fire for you soon. We hate to think of you freezing to death!
Ozzie & Rocky

8:16 PM  
Blogger Lorenza said...

Hi, Joe
Come to spend the winter here! We still have 90 degrees!
I don't want to happen to you that of the last picture!
Have a good night
Lorenza

8:30 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Joes! You are not looking so tough right now. Cold is like your kryptonite. You know the green stuff that makes Superman weak? We need to get you a heating pad or a hat!

Loves,
Tofu

8:35 PM  
Blogger Ralph said...

Dude that last picture scared me so bad I hid under the bed. Just get under those blankets and snuggle! That's what I'm best at

Woof,
Ralph

10:42 PM  
Blogger Luckie Girl said...

Maybe you should eat more! Fats will help keep you warm. Probably that's why we never hear Tanner complaining about the cold weather.

10:42 PM  
Blogger Patience-please said...

68? SIXTY-FREAKIN-EIGHT??? BRRRRR!!! You gotta be peeing icysickles and pooping poopcyclesickles. Pay no attention to those Hairy dogs. They do NOT understand due to their built in overcoats of warmness.
here's how to get your humans to see the light. When you all get in bed at night, dig and dig and paw and dig until you're under their covers with your butt on their pillow and then Let some gas bombs rip! The humans will throw back the covers to avoid suffocation, then they will freeze and turn up the heat.
Works for us-
the sympathetic whippet waggle

11:03 PM  
Blogger Boo Casanova said...

joey, do you think if i send some matches to you, you could lit the fire place yourself?

wet wet licks

Boo

11:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Joe - I've awarded you - I hope it cheers you up a bit!

River

2:01 AM  
Blogger Harry said...

I presume you won't understand then that I woke ma up at 6 this morning so I could go and lie in the forst with my chew bone?

Toodle pip,
Harry x

3:16 AM  
Blogger Simba and Jazzi said...

I looked at the first picture and thought, its nice and warm there. Come and live with me, you'll need a coat.

Simba xx

3:23 AM  
Blogger Amber-Mae said...

Can I come over to place? It's too hot here in my country & I'm sick of it! 68 degrees is not that freezing. I think it's cool not cold. Why don't we both shift countries huh? You will like to very hot weather here.

Love licks,
Solid Gold Dancer

3:44 AM  
Blogger Molly the Airedale said...

I bet you could light that fireplace if you put your mind to it, Joey! You're one of the smartest doggies we know! We hope you get lots of outfits for Christmas!

Love ya lots,
Maggie and Mitch

3:54 AM  
Blogger Ferndoggle said...

Dad turns the temps down to like 45degrees in our house during the day when he & Mom aren't home. Something about gas being super expensive. But it gets up to a balmy 68 by the time they get home.

I think you need to put on a sweater & suck it up Joe.

Penny

5:57 AM  
Blogger 2shibas said...

OMD. You guys would totally die where we live. It is currently 64 degrees in our house - and that's WITH the heat on! You two better snuggle to keep warm.

xo,
Wiley & Fievel

7:01 AM  
Blogger PerfectTosca said...

Holy Cannoli Joe! Where I am 68 degrees would be a heat wave right now! I mean we would be playing with the hose in a temperature like that! I mean I'm grappling with snow. Not that I mind really because I am not a summer dog mysownself. I have all this fur and I love to romp in the snow. But the Woman....well she's another story. She swears a lot in winter.

7:10 AM  
Blogger Ruby Bleu said...

Joe,
I hear ya...I know it is colder other places, but I don't live in other places! I mean yesterday it only got up to 52 here!!!! OMD! Luck for me my Mom will put on the fireplace the second she comes home!!!

Ok, I need to brave the cold this morning - which from our temperature thingy it says it is 45 (but with wind 38)...brrrrrrr....I'm going to be one frozen little Ruby pupsicle!

Lots of Licks, Ruby

7:40 AM  
Blogger Willie and Waylon said...

Thanks so much for the Christmas card - we go it yesterday! Hey, we are cold too... they won't use the fireplace, the heat is on 68degrees too...our fur is not that thick and we get tired of our little coats.

7:45 AM  
Blogger Sophie Brador said...

Oh Joe, Now I am going to worry about your shivering little bones. Maybe I can have someone weave a blankie from my fur so that you could snuggle up with it and keep warm. Really, if I had access to the plastic, I would be booking a flight to come snuggle you myself.

xo
SB

p.s. sorry about those Steelers.

8:40 AM  
Blogger Petra said...

The next thing you know, you're going to have to start paying the gas bill since you're getting that new job.

9:19 AM  
Blogger -The Mullin Clan's Mommy- said...

Hey Joey, our mommy would love if it was in the 60's cuz she gets cold in the winter & goes around wearing a sweatshirts wif a sweat jacket. Brrr, her hands are always cold, too. Our daddy tries to lower the temperature, but she kicks it up.
-Cos-

9:29 AM  
Blogger Moco said...

You sound as if you could use a Grammie blankie for this cold spell you are going through. Let Peanut know if this is something you could use and he can send me the address. You could also wrap yourself in those Steeler blankets that I have seen you in prior to the all important games. Maybe you should get a down coat. It would be awful if your spirit exited your body due to the temperature being 68 degrees. We have frost on the ground here and the K-9's are in and out of the dog door all day and night.

9:48 AM  
Blogger Lenny said...

Aren't people annoying? My dad won't turn the heat on either. At home he wears two sweaters, flannel pajama pants, socks AND slippers to stay warm. At least he got a blanket out for me, but still...come on!!!

I told Scruffy and Lacie that my mom usually cheers for the Colts, but we are cheering for the Steelers because we like Ben R. He played for Terry Hoeppner when he was at Miami. Coach Hep came to Indiana Univ. and really turned the football program around, but he died last year from a brain tumor. Everyone here at IU LOVES Coach Hep and Ben R. honors him! So GO STEELERS!

Your friend, Lenny

11:18 AM  
Blogger Jen and Suki said...

Oh boy Joe Stains... It's a good thing your people and you do not live in Minnie-Snow-Duh!

Please wear a sweater and turn up the heat so your soul stays inside your body though. And send some warmth to meeee!

12:44 PM  
Blogger Lacy said...

woofies Joe and Tanner...me sorrwy u steelers losteded...my panthers suck big time dis year...u needs to take asta up on her coats, dey lookie verwy warm....me get unders da covers and passes gas sometimes too...but me not tell anybodys cause mes a lady girlie dog...heehee

b safe,
;)lacylulu

6:55 PM  
Blogger Frasier said...

Hi Joey,
You should move to Atlanta.Its freakin 80 degrees here!Mommy spent a fortune on a million coats and she cant wear them at all!!
Frasier

6:58 PM  
Blogger wally said...

Dude. I feel that way in the heat so I understand.

wally

7:36 AM  
Blogger Deefor said...

Hey Joe
It's colder here but it goes up and down. One day 55 then the next day snow and freezing for a while. We are in the snowy time now.

But I agree with you. Just because I come in with snow and ice all over doesn't mean I have to freeze on the couch.

Deefor

7:42 AM  
Blogger Jake of Florida said...

Guys, This may not be much of a consolation about the Steelers, but just think, here in "Fish Land," the Miami Dolphins are going for a perfect losing season.

So we commiserate with you thirteen times over.

It's in the 80s here, if you're missing your sweltery summer temps.

Anyway, thank you for the cute holiday card!! You both are very photogenic!! Come visit sometime!!

Wirey woofs,

Jake and Just Harry

7:49 AM  
Blogger Stanley said...

Joey.

You are not one bit dramatic. Those are some dire conditions for a desert dog such as yourself to live in! Get your mama going on that fire. I bet you and the Doofus could raise the temp a little by doing some cuddling.

Goob love,
Stanley

8:14 AM  
Blogger Liza said...

Joe-

Buck up my friend!! Things could be worse. You could live IN Boston instead of just being a Boston Terrier! Right now the temperature is 30, freezing rain has started and The patriots will be thrashing the Jets next!

Dory

10:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home