Joe Stains

This is the blog of an angry old boston terrier. (and his little brother Tanner who gets to post every Tuesday)

Monday, December 03, 2007

Moral straightjacket

So Mom has been contemplating putting ads on my blog for a few months. She really didn't want to do it because she does this because she LOVES blogging and she LOVES all you dogs, cats, birds and hamsters. However, she spends a lot of time blogging and reading blogs and commenting and thought that it might be nice to make a little bit of money from it. I say go for it because More Money = More Treats? So we have a few small ads on the side, I am NOT asking that you click them, I just wanted to let you know that Mom is still unsure about this and hopes you guys don't feel offended.

I guess this now makes this blog my job, since I have an income. I also think this should get me some more control in the household, what do you guys think?

Joey

Well Mom just wanted to say her piece and hopes you dogs aren't offended. What do you think my first demands as a contributing member of the household should be?!

44 Stains:

Blogger Peanut said...

Joe we think you should now run the whole household. We are not offended at all.

11:43 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

We aren't offended at all - in fact HM was contemplating doing the same with my blog.

River

1:12 PM  
Blogger Murphey said...

Absolutely no offense taken at all! : )

Murph

1:21 PM  
Blogger Stanley said...

No offense, Joey!

We think some special Joe Time with the parents (and no Tanner) would be in order every week, if not everyday! Start with that & build from there.

Goob love,
STanley

1:28 PM  
Blogger COL. Sam ASTA-fari Joe H. Pinkerton Peabody, Esq said...

Hey Joe.. Don't be offended. A pup has gotta put treats on the table. We all have jobs here. This will give you leverage! Just don't give any $$ to Tanner to buy dog beer...

1:32 PM  
Blogger Ozzie, Rocky and Lola said...

Our Mom had Adsense on our blog but had to remove it when they started showing offensive ads. Hope your Mom has better luck!
Ozzie & Rocky

3:14 PM  
Blogger Deefor said...

$$$ Wow! Maybe you can help with the doggie bills if they let you get what you want to eat. First thing I'd do is get out of the kibble section.

Deefor

3:33 PM  
Blogger MJ's doghouse said...

i think your m om is brilliant..and the fact that you are a money making machine makes me a little ...hmmm..attracted to you....i think your first move as a money maker and shaker is shake some treats this way big fella

3:44 PM  
Blogger Marvin -The Hollow Hound said...

oh we could never be offended Joe! Do what you want to do, is our motto!

love and non offended licks, Marvin

ps if you check on my blog Jeannie has an Ad entitled "Fleas Control"....she got paid a small sum for putting it on there. As long as I get some nice treats, I don't mind! So no worries1

xxxxxxx

4:00 PM  
Blogger Jen and Suki said...

I clicked. I was like CHA-CHING! If I click enough times I'm hoping to buy you a trip to Minnie-soda for some good times at the dog park! After I'm done being a crabby pants, of course.

4:19 PM  
Blogger Toby said...

Of course we're not offended!! Now that you're a contributing member of the family...I think you should make at least 50% of the rules!! It would only be fair.

Tobes

5:12 PM  
Blogger Frasier said...

Hi Joey,
This is going to be a combined comment on all the other posts(mommy is too lazy to comment on each one)
We are going to click on the ads and it does not offend us at all.You bring us a lot of joy!
I get itchy too and just got a shot for it.We may try the oil in my food,thanks for the tip!
Meatballs and cheese.... free?You must live in paradise!
I hope that Santa is coming to my house too
Frasier

5:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Joe, How much are you contributing? I'm curious how much those ads pay. I'm worried my mom is going to make me pay for my own surgery the next time I blow my knee out. Maybe I should consider this, and if I don't blow my knee I can blow the cash on a paaaawty.

xo
SB

5:38 PM  
Blogger Gus said...

Joey...I get my salary at the store in pay pal money, Then I can use it it buy pressies. However, I think I do not make minimum wage, so it takes a long time to save up.

kissies
Gus

5:47 PM  
Blogger Myeo said...

Hey Joey

We are not offended at all. In fact we are happy if your mom can earn that extra money cos money=treats and money=toys & toys + treats= HAPPINESS!!!

Love
Boy n Baby

5:48 PM  
Blogger Luckie Girl said...

Now that you are bringing back the bacon, make sure you get to eat at the head of the dinner table. *wink*

6:14 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

We are not offended but I thought for some reason you were giving away cheese and meatballs tonight...


Loves,
Tofu

6:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm supposed to be getting money from my job too, but I haven't seen any of it yet. Make sure your mom doesn't hide it, like mine apparently does.... Evil woman.

6:33 PM  
Blogger Snowball said...

Joey,

I have ads on my blog too. Isn't it great to know that you are able to earn some money out of doing things that we like to do.

Luv,
Snowball

7:14 PM  
Blogger Joey said...

First - ask for 5 meals a day.
Second - ask for Tanner to be in his little house every day except Tanner Tuesday.. (hehe... kidding.. I don't really mean it)
Joey

8:07 PM  
Blogger Moco said...

I hope you make enough money to hire your uncles to bring you cheese and meatballs like the gala event at the store. maybe you could buy Tanner some more time in his house.

8:16 PM  
Blogger Lorenza said...

Hi, Joe
I wll be offended if you don't get the money from the ads!
Have a good night
Lorenza

8:43 PM  
Blogger Ben & Darling said...

Er....my mom did that to my blog too...should I feel the same way too??

9:14 PM  
Blogger T-man Angel said...

Oops, we didn't even notice those ads till you mentioned them. As long as we can still see you and Tanner, we don't mind one bit!!

9:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Joe tell your mom not to worry at all, i don't think any of us would be offended! :) i agree, more money = more treats, and more treats = happier Joe!

love..
chiyo

9:29 PM  
Blogger Patience-please said...

Hey, Joe, we're not offended! We had those ads on our blog until they put an ad for the puppy millers. Then we just took them right off and now the Servant is in a GINORMOUS SNIT. She just couldn't figure out how to block ALL of the online puppy mill creeps. She blocked the electro shocker collars, and the train your dog in 10 minutes for only $49.99, but she couldn't block the puppy mill guys, so she gave up.

You are WAY smarter than her, so we know you'll figure it out.
Good luck spending all of your moo-lah!

smiles-
the whippet waggle

10:03 PM  
Blogger Asta said...

Joe
I'm cewtainly not offended..how could mowe tweats be offensive??
Only tell youw Mom to watch out, cause i've seen ads fow puppy mill stuff on blogs!!! pleez tell hew to watch out fow that.
smoochie kisses
Asta

11:26 PM  
Blogger Huskee and Hershey said...

Hi Joey,
I am in for anything that can get you more treats! So when are you going to take over full control of the household??

12:03 AM  
Blogger Lacy said...

woofies Joe and Tanner...me nots offended at all...wood b nice to earn sum money, heehee but mama still has nitemares bout the "get paid to read emails" deel...me hopies u can buy lots and lots of tweats wiff all da moneys u earns...

b safe,
;)lacylulu

12:42 AM  
Blogger Harry said...

I hope your ads make money for piles of Cuz's!

Toodle pip,
Harry x

2:10 AM  
Blogger Jackson's J1 and J2 said...

Hey Joe, now you're a wage earner, I think you need to put your paw down and put in a few extra demands. More toys, more treats, more of whatever takes your fancy! J x

2:29 AM  
Blogger Girl Girl Hamster said...

I think it's ok that you try to earn your own treats money

~ Girl girl

2:41 AM  
Blogger Simba and Jazzi said...

Sounds good to me, you can buy your own treats. No more tricks for treats just blogging.

Simba xx

3:23 AM  
Blogger Balboa said...

we're not offended at all, my mommy was thinking about it too. I think we all could use a little extra money. I think we are going to see how it looks on your blog and then we just may follow.

Frenchie Snorts
Balboa

6:04 AM  
Blogger Boo Casanova said...

joey, everydogs is doing it! including me. LOL

wet wet licks

Boo

6:11 AM  
Blogger Ruby Bleu said...

Joe, a dogs gotta do what a dogs gotta do, right? Mom has been thinking about doing it too...but she's not sure yet. I hope you get all the $$ for treats and toys!!!

Lots of Licks, Ruby

6:47 AM  
Blogger Clover said...

Hi Joe,
Nope, I am not offended either! Definitely seems like a cool idea - getting paid for doing something fun? Yay! That is what all jobs should be like. I wish mom would pay me to play with my toys or something. Hey! Maybe you could make a rule about that now that you are a contributing member of your household. Get paid in treats for playing or something...
Love Clover xo

7:06 AM  
Blogger Emily and Ike said...

Tell your mom it's ok. I've had ads for months and I've made like a dollar.
Ike

9:32 AM  
Blogger Amber-Mae said...

Why would we be offended Joe? It's ok. I love clicking other ads in other doggie's blogs. No worries!

Love licks,
Solid Gold Dancer

11:26 AM  
Blogger vix said...

Joey, I would pay money to read your blog every day, so seeing ads isn't nothin'! I say ad-it-up if it means more Joey and Doofus Face Adventures!

11:40 AM  
Blogger Petra said...

Good luck, Joey! I think it's a great idea, and you're cut out to be a movie-star.

2:25 PM  
Blogger Lady Kaos said...

I'm totally not offended. I may have to try that. Since you now have an income you should be able to make some important decissions in the hose like who sleeps where and what is served for a meal and when it is served. Like you shaid though. More money = more treats!
Good luck with your new job!
Kaos

2:27 PM  
Blogger Agatha and Archie said...

Joey how could we be offended?? A pups gotta do what a pups gotta do. Love A+A

8:15 AM  
Blogger wally said...

So long as all the money goes into a pool for buying snackables and long-term therapy for the Doofus I'm totally fine with it. A penny for your thoughts! Ha! (My ma ape says I sound like an old man.)

wally.

3:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home