Joe Stains

This is the blog of an angry old boston terrier. (and his little brother Tanner who gets to post every Tuesday)

Monday, December 31, 2007

Lets take a look back...

I thought I would take a month by month look back at 2007! This is going to be a long post so grab something to drink and get comfy!

In January we discovered that Tanner had a BUTT PROBLEM. His butt started to stink like bad gross old rotten fish so he went to the VET. The Vet said he was having problem 'expressing himself' so we had to start feeding him high fiber foods to bulk up his POOP! (I bet you smiled, poop is funny!) So we started getting dinners that looked like this:
doggy dinner
I tell you what, this is definitely the best thing that Tanner has ever done for me. Mom still continues to make us dinners like this every day.
YUM
And Tanner was still a Doofus.

In February Tanner hacked my blog for the first time and Tanner Tuesdays were born. Things have not been the same since.
tanner

In March we celebrated Joey Palooza. If you don't know what that is I will explain. My Dad had me for a year before my Mom found him. My Dad was not entirely clear on when my birthday was and my Dad's parents had some papers that said my birthday and Mom saw them once and swears it was March 6th and then his parents swear it is March 9th SO I declared March 6-9th Joey Palooza and got presents and celebrated for all of those days. Actually I got TONS of presents for a bunch of days from all of my DWB friends. BUT the Doof had to have all the attention and developed this gross ugly thing on his arm...
The doof after his bath
So he had to have SURGERY! Mom was pretty freaked out but in the end he turned out ok and the bump was nothing bad.

sad tanner
There he was after surgery. Bump was gone, doofusism still intact.

In April our cousin Chief went over the rainbow bridge
chief and tanner
This was the first of a few friends we lost this year.

WHATTSSSSSSUUUUP
Tanner continued to torment us with his favorite trademark saying "WHATTSSSSSSUUUUP" (I am beginning to wonder who this blog is really about?)

In May we lost our dear sweet friend Fu Fu bear.
RIP FuFu

That month we also went to our first Boston Meetup, our parents ditched us and went to Minnesota and Tanner was not only a Doofus, he was also FAT!
comfy tan

In June we watched a lot of baseball and hung out inside a lot because it is HOT in Arizona in June.
Joe says GO YANKEES!

Joey
While Tanner continued to be a Doofus I was, as always, VERY handsome.

In July we lost another great friend, Oscar. It was too soon to lose such a young pup.


In happy news that month our Aunt Michelle came to visit us from Pennsylvania and Dad gave Mom a ring that said they were going to be married. Of course they still don't know when, but we won't go there. It took them 7 years to get this far so we will see how long it takes for the wedding thing.
I'm engaged

Tanner
I don't even need to say anything!

In August we went to the James Bond theme party and took our Dogtinis with us, it was such a great party!
come hereeee olive

We also celebrated Tanner's two year anniversary of living with us. Well, they celebrated...
die

September was pawesome. We got a great package from the Dogs of Jackman Avenue to celebrate the start of football season. SO much cool stuff for watching the Steelers play!
so much STUFF

Our human cousin Jameson was also born this month!

We also celebrated the Doofus's 4th birthday. I let him post for every day that he got another present. He posted for like two weeks straight. Talk about a bad decision.
joey does not like to party

In October we went to Butchy's camping party
Tanner is in the house!

Dad had his wisdom teeth removed and Tanner went nuts on our Uncle's trash.
This is what happens when Tanner is left out of his cage

The Yankees sucked, Tanner hated his new little house and I turned him into a can of pumpkin for the Halloween party in Salem.
ready to go

In November LOTS of stuff went on! Ike and Martha got married so we dressed up nice in pink to be in the wedding.
wedding dogs

Tanner got a new little house that he doesn't hate, we went to SPACE for Goofy's party, I may or may not have fallen in love with Sophie (ahem) and I got to meet our human cousin at Thanksgiving!
Kathy Jameson Joey Gary

December was Asta's party, boy was that FUN!
joey and tanner

We went to another meet up and to Butchy and Snickers skating party. The best part of December, even better than the treats and presents and seeing Nice Aunt Patty were all the cards from all of our new and old friends! We may have lost a few very good friends this year but we made so many new ones who we love. We will always remember those we lost and we look forward to making even more new friends in 2008!! We love DWB and all the great dogs and HUMANS we met through this community.

I almost got joey in the bed for a picture...he was having no part of it
Happy New Year from Tanner and I!

48 Stains:

Blogger Ozzie, Rocky and Lola said...

Happy New Years to you guyz too! It's been a wild one!
Ozzie & Rocky

1:28 PM  
Blogger Izzie said...

Wow. It looks like you had more good than bad this year. Can we ask for more? Happy 2008.

1:30 PM  
Blogger Ruby Bleu said...

Happy New Year Boys!!! Meeting you both was one of the highlights of my year! Thanks for being my friends!

Lots of Licks, Ruby

2:44 PM  
Blogger Petra said...

What a great summary of your year, Joey & Tanner. I'm glad I was born in July and got to know you in November. You've given me some great advice & your wisdom will probably increase this year.

I can hardly wait for the wedding! And I just KNOW who will be the 2 best men, in tuxedos and all!!!

3:26 PM  
Blogger Lillie Valentine said...

You guys are the greaterest!! Happy New Year! Loved those pictures. Joseph, please make it your ny resolution to NOT call Tanner a doofus, o-k?
Love ya lots!
Lillie

Pee Ess: Did you get the special card mom sent you in the mail???

3:53 PM  
Blogger Lillie Valentine said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

3:54 PM  
Blogger Khady Lynn said...

Have a wonderful and healthy new year to both of you!!

Holly

3:58 PM  
Blogger Molly the Airedale said...

2007 was a very eventful year for you guys! Here's hoping that 2008 is even better!
Happy new year!

Love ya lots,
Maggie and Mitch

4:06 PM  
Blogger wally said...

Happy New Year Joe! I can't believe you remember the WHOLE YEAR. I don't even remember last week. But I'm like 200 years old.

wally.

ps. Won't it be great to remember January 2008 when the PATRIOTS LOST. Maybe the Seahawks and the Steelers will play again! That would be like totally cool. And I would totally trash talk you but it would be totally fun.

4:12 PM  
Blogger Sophie Brador said...

Hey boys, What a crazy year you had! I bet 2008 will be even better.

xo
SB

P.S. and an extra smoochie for Joey

4:20 PM  
Blogger Mack said...

Mom and I have really enjoyed reading about you & Tanner. But I don't think he's fat...he weighs way less than me.
Look forward to meeting you guys tonight at the pawty!
-Mack

4:38 PM  
Blogger Peanut said...

Happy New year joe and tanner. I got mom to stay up for more then 5 minutes and help me read a couple blogs

4:54 PM  
Blogger MJ's doghouse said...

wow what a year eh boys...and it just wouldnt have been the same without the two of you....it has been my pleasure to know both of you

4:58 PM  
Blogger Jen and Suki said...

Happy New Year, Joe and Tanner! I really appreciated that recap. Someday I'll get mom to post again (maybe when she stops DROOLING over your mom's cooking blog!).

5:34 PM  
Blogger Balboa said...

thanks for the recap dude, I enjoyed the trip down memory lane.

Happy New Year to you & your family

Frenchie Snorts
Balboa

5:55 PM  
Blogger Lacey said...

You two had a great year. We hope 2008 is even better (and maybe Tanner will loose his doofusisms)

Happy new year guys!
Comet and BLU

6:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy New Year Joey and Tanner. What a fun fun fun post! We learned alot about you two in that post, so it was really cool. We are glad that we met you through the card exchange. You two are pawsome!
Hugs,
Sitka

6:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy New Years! From the Boston Buddies on LJ to here, I'm glad we're still buds!

8:22 PM  
Blogger Gus said...

fabulous recap. We hope you guys are doing OK with the stadium fireworks, and taking a break til the ones at the lake start.

8:54 PM  
Blogger Moco said...

Thanks for the year in review. It's amazing that you can remember all that. I'm like Wally. Can't remember 5 minutes ago. On to 08 and all the great times it will bring.

9:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy new year to you guys as well - we look forward to reading about all your antics in 2008!

River

9:39 PM  
Blogger Lorenza said...

Hi, Joe!
You have great memories of 2007! I hope 2008 will be better for you, Tanner, Mom and Dad!
Thanks for being my friend!
Kisses and hugs
Lorenza

9:47 PM  
Blogger Patience-please said...

Well, we're new so we missed so much, it was fun to see.
Thank you for the zillions of smiles you have sent our way!

Happy Every Day is a New Day!

wags from the whippet waggle and the senile servant too

10:01 PM  
Blogger Marvin -The Hollow Hound said...

That was a totally Pawsome Post Joe!

We are so glad we met up with you and your family this year!

Happy 2008 to you all, I will remember 2007 particularly, 'cos I did not know what the word "Doofus" meant until I read about Tanner!

I can't help not knowing, I am Scottish! In Scotland I think the word for Doofusism, is probably, being a "Numpty".

Thank you for making us laugh so much in 2007 and here I raise a glass to more fun blogging in 2008.

Love and Licks, your pal across the Ocean, Marvin xxxxxxxx

1:37 AM  
Blogger Jackson's J1 and J2 said...

Happy New Year to you too pals! J x

1:57 AM  
Blogger You Can Make It If You Try said...

Thanks for the visits. Does it make a difference that we are feeling partial to the Doofus?

2:51 AM  
Blogger Amber-Mae said...

That was a great post! What a journey you both had... My butt stinks too. I have no idea why but I like the smell. Mommy sys it needs to be squeezed quite often but she doesn't dare to do it. I wonder why? Happee New Year to you both!

Love licks,
Solid Gold Dancer

4:01 AM  
Blogger Jessica said...

It's been a great year!! You two have been a wonderful part of this past year. Thanks for always making us laugh. You guys rock!!

Happy New Year...
Love, Seadra and Zoe

5:30 AM  
Blogger Urban Smoothie Read said...

happy new year...

that were really lotsa thing happen in the year of 2007..

may all those become our sweet memories

6:43 AM  
Blogger Little Buster said...

Happy New Years! Looking forward to 2008's blogs.

8:32 AM  
Blogger Gus, Louie and Callie said...

Your cousins have to be great people sporting that Green Bay hat!! Mom and Dad just love Brett. Mom, Dad, Sis and Toph got to meet him once in Dallas. Of course that was many years ago when Brett wasn't grey!!!
They got an autographed baseball for MeMaw. She was so excited!!

Happy New Year to you!

Big Sloppy Kisses,
Gus and Louie

9:11 AM  
Blogger Agatha and Archie said...

Happy New Year boys and to your family too! You guys are just the funniest and we love you to pieces!! Here's to a wonderfull 2008!! Love A+A

9:22 AM  
Blogger Deanna said...

Happy New Year!

2:28 PM  
Blogger PerfectTosca said...

What a Perfect Recap of the year Joe. The parts about our Fufu and Oscar made me sad. Very sad. And the broccoli you had to eat made me sick.

Happy New Year to you Joe!

2:29 PM  
Blogger Katie said...

Happy New Year Guys. We are glad we met you this year!

3:25 PM  
Blogger Lacy said...

woofies Joey and Tanner...fank u fur the laughs in 07...when u sad, all ya gotta do iz come to ur bloggy and turn da frown upside down...Have a Pawsome 2008!!!!

b safe,
;)lacylulu

3:50 PM  
Blogger Stanley said...

Man, Joe. Your "Year in Review" made me laugh & made me cry. Thanks for sharing that. Very cool (as are you).

I am stinkin' thankful for DWB, most especially because it brought the Boston Boys from the House of Stains into my life. I will never be the same.

Goober love & smooches,
Stanley

4:21 PM  
Blogger Willie and Waylon said...

Happy New Year! What a great post!!

Waylon & Willie

7:44 PM  
Blogger Patience-please said...

We can't find your mom's other food blog!! Emergency!

please help-
the whippet

7:21 AM  
Blogger Ferndoggle said...

Wow, what a wrap up! Busy year for you boys. We wish a very happierest 2008!

Sherman, Penny & Lola

11:53 AM  
Blogger The WriggleButts said...

Wow Joe - we really loved your summary of 2007. We haven't known you guys that long, but we really enjoy your blog!

Licks,
the WriggleButts

3:00 PM  
Blogger Asta said...

What ana mazing yeaw we've all had Joey..Thank you fow this pawsome wecap!

My life is so good because of fwiends like the two of you! i look fowawd to evewy day and heawing fwom my fwiendz and tlaking to them..I love you guys!!!(youw Mom's wing is pawsome still!!!)
smoochie kisses
ASta

6:45 PM  
Blogger Bentley and Niko said...

awww, that was happy, and sad, and nice, and melancholy, and sweet all at once. Thank you Joey and Tanner!

9:35 PM  
Blogger Deefor said...

I laughed a lot reading about your exciting life last year. Compared to my boring existence. Boo Hoo. Just kidding.

Happy 2008!!

Deefor

7:23 PM  
Blogger Deefor said...

I had a good time reading about your exciting life last year. Compared to my boring existence. Boo Hoo. Just kidding.

Happy 2008!!

7:24 PM  
Blogger Lenny said...

Hey Joey and Tanner! Happy new year! I'm catching up on my reading and I loved the review of the year. I am so sorry about the Steelers...I was cheering for Ben R. but things just weren't working. My favorite team the Buckeyes lots too. This was a bad week for football...

Your friend, Lenny

6:06 PM  
Blogger The Brat Pack said...

We're happy you won post of the month, this is greatness!!!

The Brat Pack

8:10 AM  
Blogger BrandytheGreat said...

Hi Joey and Tanner!

Hope we can be friends!

BrandytheGreat and Gang.

3:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home