Joe Stains

This is the blog of an angry old boston terrier. (and his little brother Tanner who gets to post every Tuesday)

Thursday, December 13, 2007

awards and loser parents

We got an award today from our friend River. Mom is always saying how CUUUTE he is. Mom said she has a thing for soft brown eyes. I HAVE BROWN EYES, HELLO?!


Ok, ya, he is pretty cute!

Anyway this is the award...



The award says: "Life is like Hell without FRIENDS. It's ‘World Best Friend Week’. Send this to your best friends to let them know you appreciate them. Please take this award, and place it on your blog if you wish.

Thank you so much River. We are Best Friends for sure and I can live vicariously through you and all of your swimming adventures since I am a tiny bit afraid of water!

I would like to give this award to all my DWB friends because look at this guys...


I think we got a million cards!




Can you see yours?? So because you guys are pawesome and wonderful friends that room is so full of holiday doggy cheer.

AND

Because my Mom and Dad are losers and have loser friends...


BAHAHHAHAHHAHHAAAAAAAHAHHAHAHAHAHAAAA!!!!!! TWO cards. TWO! oh my. woops, um Santa, I was just pointing it out, not making fun, I promise!!


I am off to figure out how to turn this blasted thing on...

36 Stains:

Blogger Myeo said...

We belive that you were just pointing out and not making fun. We are sure that Santa will belive that too.

Love
Boy n Baby

7:44 PM  
Blogger Ruby Bleu said...

my mom only has one...and it was addressed to BOTH of us - HA! hey Joe, my fireplace is on now, you are welcome to join me!!!

Lots of Licks, Ruby

7:59 PM  
Blogger Girl Girl Hamster said...

Oh hee I believe you have a million cards Joey. I think it's nice that you're pointing that out to Santa. Hee

~ Girl girl

8:01 PM  
Blogger Sophie Brador said...

Joe, My card is coming! I promise. My mom is sooooo late. She's better get off her keester and mail those darn things, or else! I'll try to slip some fireplace instructions in for you too. First, I think you need a thumb. I'll have to google the rest. Stay warm little man.

xo
SB

8:08 PM  
Blogger Ozzie, Rocky and Lola said...

That is cool how you guyz have like that whole wall to hang cards on. We have run out of room on the space Mom gave us so we have started putting ours up on the fridge too.
Hope you got your fireplace lit Joe!
Later--
Ozzie & Rocky

8:23 PM  
Blogger Helios said...

At least your humans got 2. Our humans has got none so far.

8:32 PM  
Blogger Lorenza said...

Hi, Joe
I've got only 4 cards until today but I am sure I will be getting the others soon. My mom?? Zero! Is she the "loserest"??
If its cold there, why are you naked??
Have a good night
Lorenza

8:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

light Tanner and throw him in there!! hee hee two birds with one stone!

love..
chiyo

9:32 PM  
Blogger Gus said...

Hm...usually my dad does it. Sometimes muzzer does it. I think you gotta get doofus to help you use those words he isn't s'posed to know. hope this helps. It usually works at our place

kissies

9:43 PM  
Blogger Ben & Darling said...

Guess what?? both dad & mom no card yet!!! Lol

I didnt see my card...hopefully can make it before xmas.

10:35 PM  
Blogger Peanut said...

Oh we know you would never make fun of the fact that your parents are losers just like my mom who hasn't gotten one card. haha we are way cooler then them joe.

10:36 PM  
Blogger Luckie Girl said...

I know you are not making fun of them but seriously TWO? What losers! hehehe...

10:53 PM  
Blogger Asta said...

Joey
I saw my cawd!!!Wooohoooit's so gweat..did you see youws on my bloggie???
I wan out of woom cause my Mom didn't give me enough space..at least youw pawents have mowe space so they can't be losews...I think you just tuwn the something and the thingy goes on ..and then you'we nice and wawm..um ow it blows up, I'm not suwe which
smoochie kisses
Asta

10:59 PM  
Blogger Khady Lynn said...

So far my humans haven't gotten ANY cards, and I have all the same ones you do!! I love getting all the mail, at least once a year!

Holly

11:35 PM  
Blogger Ralph said...

All of the cards are beautiful! My mom is so silly, she rushes to check the mailbox everyday, we don't want it to end!

Woof,
Ralph

pee.s- she has only received 2 cards as well.. haha

11:46 PM  
Blogger Deefor said...

Hi Joe
I got your bee-utiful card. Nice pictures. Thanks! And more. Much more than the humans got (zero)! We love them all.

Can you warm up under the covers?

Deefor

11:59 PM  
Blogger Snowball said...

Joey, We have lots of pawsome friends and the hooman can only envy! Its a fact so I dun think Santa will mind you pointing that out.

Luv,
Snowball

12:17 AM  
Blogger Harry said...

Poor mum and dad! We have more than ma and pa too!

Toodle pip,
Harry x

2:17 AM  
Blogger Molly the Airedale said...

Congratulations on your award from River! Both of you have beautiful brown eyes! We're way ahead of our parents on receiving Christmas cards too! hehehehe
Did you figure out how to turn on the fireplace, Joey?

Love ya lots,
Maggie and Mitch

3:37 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Joe don't worry - you have beautiful brown eyes too - you just gotta work out how to use them to your advantage - master that and I guarantee you the fire will be lit pronto!!

Your cards look awesome all lined up - and HM and HD only have 1 card so far - and it's got my name on it too!!!

River

4:33 AM  
Blogger Amber-Mae said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

5:54 AM  
Blogger Amber-Mae said...

Congrats on your awards! Wooow, more cards! I think I see ours there... Glad you got it. Harharhar! My mommy only received one card from her friend too. How pathetic & sad! She clearly does not have much friends as I do...

Love licks,
Solid Gold Dancer

5:54 AM  
Blogger Emily and Ike said...

My mom's one card is next to my stack that she's been too lazy to assemble and put up. I think I will just have her scatter them on the floor and roll in them. Me roll in them. Not her - yuck!
Ike

6:16 AM  
Blogger Patience-please said...

So many cards! Everydoggie loves their Joe Stains (and Tanner too!)
Next year there will be whippet cards, but we joined DWB's too late for this year. (The Servant couldn't figure it all out; she's a little slow, you know.)
Happy Howladays anyway-
the whippet waggle

6:54 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow! That's a lot of cards! We don't have a fireplace....I think I'll come move in with you guys...especially now since its supposed to snow this weekend!

8:18 AM  
Blogger Par said...

hahahaha....
if you add them onto the wall, they be included in your collection :P

8:52 AM  
Blogger Lady Kaos said...

That's funny! I'm sure Santa understands you really weren't making fun of your parents, you were just trying to point out that your friends are nicer than your parent's friends.
I don't know how to work your fireplace or I'd help you out. My fireplace you have to keep feeding it wood and then make sure the wood doesn't fall out. Good luck!
Kaos

9:12 AM  
Blogger Petra said...

Um, do I see a stocking hanging above the turned-off supposed-to-be-lit fireplace? A stocking with paws on it? Check it out; maybe there's a match in there that you can use to turn the stinkin thing on.

9:59 AM  
Blogger Clover said...

Joe, did you get the fireplace on? Hope you are warming up! :)
Great card collection!
Love Clover xo

10:57 AM  
Blogger Jackson's J1 and J2 said...

Hey Joe, what a great display of cards! Make sure your parents don't try and sneak a few into their display! J x

11:50 AM  
Blogger Lacy said...

woofies joe and tanner, u dose gots a bunch of carwds...mama and daddy gots none....puts on sum clothes joey sooo u wont b cold...heehee...

b safe,
;)lacylulu

3:42 PM  
Blogger Emma the Golden Girl said...

and the Canine Kids said,
Congratulations on your award. And, wow, your cards are something!

4:12 PM  
Blogger 2shibas said...

OMD! Our parents are losers, too! TWO CARDS! That's all they've gotten! Hahahahaha!

xo,
Wiley & Fievel

4:16 PM  
Blogger The Army of Four said...

Well, River IS pretty dreamy-looking. Ya gotta admit!
Mom and Dad would have killed for a fireplace like that when the power was out! After a long, long try, Dad finally got the gas one lit (he had to work around the fact that it has an electric starter...) but it doesn't really circulate the heat real well. Dave and I did our best to keep them warm. The redheads were otherwise engaged.
Tail wags,
Storm

5:54 PM  
Blogger wally said...

Just beware that you don't turn on the fire when Santa's trying to make it down. Though, if you burn his butt maybe he'll drop all the presents and hightail it outta there.

wally.

6:46 PM  
Blogger Girasol said...

I see my card there woohoo!

5:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home