Joe Stains

This is the blog of an angry old boston terrier. (and his little brother Tanner who gets to post every Tuesday)

Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Thanksgiving is a special time!

We know all the dogs out there in the DWB world don't celebrate our American Thanksgiving but it is still a great day to stop and think of some things you are thankful for.


We are thankful for our nice warm homes and beds.

We are thankful for our DWB friends, family, FOOD, and mostly that we are really so lucky and so spoiled when there are so many doggies out there that do not have anything. We hope everyone has a GREAT Thanksgiving with their families.

Since that post was pretty deep and pretty sad I thought I would leave you with my choice for our Christmas card? Mom says NO but I think it captures the true suffering I endure at the mouth of the Doofus and would lift the spirits of EVERY doggy that does not have to live with their very own DOOFUS FACE!

gimme the hat!

50 Stains:

Blogger Huskee and Hershey said...

Hi Joey,
Hahhaha... oops.. sorry for laughing but that is one funny pic! I think Tanner REALLY wants the hat..

9:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

that's a very nice post, joe, at least the first bit :) we have alot of things to be thankful for :)

i hope you didn't get all strangled up.

love..
chiyo

9:17 PM  
Blogger Lorenza said...

Hi, Joe
Happy Thanksgiving for you and your family!
Is Tanner trying to choke you in that picture??
Lorenza

9:50 PM  
Blogger Jen and Suki said...

Okay, now that was funny! I give thanks for your blog. It always makes me smile or laugh!

Love,
Suki Sumo

9:56 PM  
Blogger Asta said...

Joey
I agwee with youw choice..it says it all!!!
When in Rome you pwactice la dolce far niente...you'd be gweat at it........hehehehe
I'm gwateful you'we my fwiends!
smoochie kisses
ASta

10:13 PM  
Blogger Melissa said...

Poor Joey, to cheer you up I must tell you you look very handsome in that first photo.
Licks'n'Sniffs,
China

10:24 PM  
Blogger Rudy said...

I'm very thankful Josie doesn't do to me what the Doofus does to you! She used to, though. I'm thankful for a lot especially since my people now let me sleep with them.
I need a good Christmas card like you have picked out!

Rudy

10:27 PM  
Blogger Rudy said...

I'm very thankful Josie doesn't do to me what the Doofus does to you! She used to, though. I'm thankful for a lot especially since my people now let me sleep with them.
I need a good Christmas card like you have picked out!

Rudy

10:28 PM  
Blogger Luckie Girl said...

LOL! The things you have to endure...

10:39 PM  
Blogger Marvin -The Hollow Hound said...

Hi Joey and Tanner,

Happy Thanksgiving to you both and your family!

love and licks, Marvin

love from Jeannie tooooooo!

10:58 PM  
Blogger Sophie Brador said...

Joey, That first picture is so great! I just love it. The second picture is really frackin' funny!

xo
SB

p.s. But seriously, that first photo is beautiful. It should be nominated. Just look at your pinky mouth. You're adorable.

11:06 PM  
Blogger Deanna said...

Awesome picture!

11:27 PM  
Blogger Joey said...

Happy Thanksgiving Mr. Stain!

12:28 AM  
Blogger Girl Girl Hamster said...

Hey Joey, I'm BACK!!
Oh Tanner really wants to try the hat on.

~ Girl girl

12:40 AM  
Blogger Myeo said...

Oh no, you really suffered.

But its a nice candid shot thou.

Love
Boy n Baby

1:06 AM  
Blogger Amber-Mae said...

I love that picture! Poor you...We don't celebrate Thanksgiving. Hope you'll get lots of turkey meat.

Love licks,
Solid Gold Dancer

1:41 AM  
Blogger MJ's doghouse said...

that would be an aweseome photo joey....good think the doof didint strangle you...geez...

1:52 AM  
Blogger Simba and Jazzi said...

Thanks Joe, thats sweet. But I'd be even more thankful if I was getting Turkey. Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family.

Simba xx

1:55 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

We LOVE that first pic - just adorable!!

And we think your choice of Christmas card is great Joe - definitely makes me thankful I'm an only dog!!!!!

River

1:58 AM  
Blogger Jessica said...

Happy Turkey Day Joey and Tanner. Don't eat too much turkey...oh what the heck, eat all you want!!

We think that is the perfect picture for your card. ha ha ha

Love, Seadra and Zoe

1:59 AM  
Blogger Harry said...

Happy Thanksgiving boys! That photo just about sums up my life at the moment too. Cassidy is a crocodale!

Toodle pip,
Harry x

1:59 AM  
Blogger Snowball said...

Tanner must be jealous that you get the hat and he didn't. Is there a "after" pic? Did you let him have the hat?

Happy Thanksgiving!

Luv,
Snowball

2:14 AM  
Blogger Molly the Airedale said...

We think this would be the PERFECT Christmas card! It brings out Tanner's true spirit!
Happy Thanksgiving, guys!

Love ya lots,
Maggie and Mitch

3:29 AM  
Blogger umekotyan said...

It is a Thanksgiving in the United States.
It is happy to get Dea with the friend.
I also think so.
And, the Labor Thanksgiving Day in Japan on the 23rd.

from loved ume tyan

6:00 AM  
Blogger Frankie Girl, Maddie and Domino said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

7:05 AM  
Blogger Frankie Girl, Maddie and Domino said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

7:08 AM  
Blogger Frankie Girl, Maddie and Domino said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

7:10 AM  
Blogger Frankie Girl, Maddie and Domino said...

Hey Joe!

We are all very fortunate to have such great and loving homes. We wish everypuppy had it as good.
Now the picture of you and Tanner has us thinking of what the shopping will like tomorrow!
Great Photo!

Happy Eating and Thanksgiving!
Maddie the Chocolate Bunny and Frankie Grrrl

7:12 AM  
Blogger Ruby Bleu said...

Are you ok Joe? The Doof could have strangled you!

I hope you have a very Happy Thanksgiving!!!

Lots of Licks, Ruby

8:20 AM  
Blogger Gus said...

In solidarity
gussie

8:34 AM  
Blogger Urban Smoothie Read said...

happy thanksgiving..

we shld alwiz appreciate n thank to god for watever we had

8:42 AM  
Blogger Lacey said...

That's a great photo! I think Tanner is just trying to help you.

Happy Thanksgiving to both of you guys.
Comet and BLU

8:57 AM  
Blogger Stanley said...

Joey!

That photo is eerily reminiscent of some of my photos with The Stellanator! And, even scarier, your mama & my girl have the same taste in bananadanas. I have the santa's helper one too.

I think that photo would incite the right amount of sympathy and festivity into everydog's Christmas. Why won't your mom let you use it?

Goober love & sympathy,
Stanley

10:01 AM  
Blogger Moco said...

I hope you don't have a mashed trachea from Tanner pulling on that hat. Happy Turkey Day.

10:10 AM  
Blogger Peanut said...

We are all very lucky doggies. That picture is quite funny. Hope your okay though.

10:28 AM  
Blogger Peanut said...

Oh geez we forgot to say happy thanksgiving to you guys also.

10:29 AM  
Blogger Lacy said...

woofies Joe and Tanner, u bout covereded all de thingys to b fankful fur...and a happy fanksgivin to u and ur family.

b safe,
;)lacylulu

2:07 PM  
Blogger Pugsley, Buster, Cricket & Daisy said...

Lol, we agree with your choice of cards. Happy Thanksgiving.

xoxoFour Pugz

3:58 PM  
Blogger T-man Angel said...

Hee hee, that would be an AWESOME Christmas card. It's a really real moment!

8:29 PM  
Blogger Ozzie, Rocky and Lola said...

Hope you guyz had the bestest Turkey Day ever!

Ozzie & Rocky

9:18 PM  
Blogger Helios said...

Happy Thanksgiving! Do you get extra food or toys for thanksgiving?

1:10 AM  
Blogger The WriggleButts said...

I just want to kiss that supercute little nose!

Ane
the WriggleButtMom

3:25 AM  
Blogger Xsara and Tani said...

Very nice post and I love the first picture. Happy Thanksgiving!

4:47 AM  
Blogger The Army of Four said...

I just LOVE that first picture! You look totally snuggly!
Love,
Amber

8:01 AM  
Blogger Emily and Ike said...

That pic is perfect! I hope your thanksgiving was filled with food.
Ike

10:01 AM  
Blogger -The Mullin Clan's Mommy- said...

Hi-Woo Joey,
I hope you had a great Happy Turkey Day wif yur family & even Tanner. Oh woo woo, I just wuv that picture! I can feel yur pain, buddy, cuz I have to contend wif the the 'lil demon' of my own here at home. They do know how to push our buttons.
-Cosmos-

11:04 AM  
Blogger Agatha and Archie said...

Well we love those pictures,and we do know what it is like to have a doofus living with you......Happy turkey!! Love A+A

4:24 PM  
Blogger Gudrun said...

Aw, shucks Joe! What a nice post! I guess I am a pretty fortunate pup - I'm so thankful to have all my new dog blog friends!

As for Tanner, well, he sure does make your life interesting doesn't he?

Did you get some turkey?!? I did! *burp*
Nubbin wags,
Ginger

4:30 PM  
Blogger Casper and pals said...

We vote for that picture for the Christmas card too!

11:13 AM  
Blogger Frasier said...

Oh my goodness,thats a perfect Christmas card !!!!
It does capture the true spirit of the relationship you share !!!
frasier

5:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home