Joe Stains

This is the blog of an angry old boston terrier. (and his little brother Tanner who gets to post every Tuesday)

Thursday, November 15, 2007

pink guy helped me out!

I have to say that I am actually glad the Pink Guy dropped by when he did because today was a very good day to have my Mom at home. We had a thunderstorm!!! I hate storms a LOT and tend to freak out when we have them. Luckily Mom was here so I could stand in her lap. She really had no choice in this matter about staying away from me because when it thundered I just hopped right up there! Here is a video of me shaking like a leaf and Tanner completely oblivious of the terrible danger we were in!!!



If you can't see the video...this was Tanner during the storm...


He is TOTALLY relaxed!


This was me, you can't tell but I am shivering like crazy!

After the storm passed we got INVADED!!!!!!!!!!! It was like every bird in the whole world flew south to AZ for the winter and decided to hang out behind my house! Watch the video below and be sure to put your speakers on so you can hear the terrible squawking!



Again, if you cannot see the video here are some photos...


Look close in the tree there are a bazillion birds!





I tell you what, I am glad my Mom is here today. I might seem all tough and angry but sometimes a dog just needs his Mommy.

42 Stains:

Blogger The WriggleButts said...

Oh Joe.. We're so relieved to hear you all survived the thunderstorm! That Tanner sure don't know what's good for him! We don't think we've ever seen that many birds.. But the only bird we know well live in our livingroom..

the WriggleButts

2:42 PM  
Blogger Melissa said...

Totally sometimes Mom is #1 can't do without her!
Licks'n'Sniffs,
China & Madie

3:06 PM  
Blogger Sophie Brador said...

Joe, Joe, Joe, Those birds are frightening! It's like you're living in a Hitchcock movie. Whatever you do, don't get in the shower. You might just meet special treats that are coming your way (hopefully).

xo
SB

3:08 PM  
Blogger Peanut said...

ladybugs at stanley's and now birds at your house. Watch out for aliens next
Peanut(still channeling his grammie)

3:08 PM  
Blogger Marvin -The Hollow Hound said...

oh my dog, it is like the scene from the film, "The Birds" at your place, do you live in Nightmare Land? My dog, so many birds, so much horror!

Alfred Hitchcock must be so envious of your photos! No wonder you needed your Mama! i would have been terrified, totally, terrified.

Scary stuff, sometimes I am glad I live in Scotland!

3:16 PM  
Blogger Harry said...

I am glad for you that mum was at home,what scary happenings with storms and birds. We had a thunder storm the other night, and after weeks of fireworks I think you can imagine how impressed I was!

Toodle pip,
Harry x

3:25 PM  
Blogger Molly the Airedale said...

I look just like you do when it's thundering out, Joey! I'm a real velcro girl! Yup, mom can't go anywhere without me attached to her leg when it storms!
Mitch is just like Tanner! Don't you just HATE them - so calm, cool and collected! grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Love ya lots,
Maggie

3:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good thing Tanner isn't scared by storms - there might not be enough room in your Mom's lap for both of you! Good ploy though - pretending to be scared of storms so you can grab some laptime!

4:14 PM  
Blogger Ruby Bleu said...

I am SO with you Joe...I hate thunderstorms too! Like a lot! We had one a couple of weeks ago and it was terrible. I did exactly what you did...stood right in her lap.

See that pink guy IS good for something!

Lots of Licks, Ruby

4:20 PM  
Blogger Gus said...

Joey...so glad your mom was there when you needed her. I heard that big kaBOOM and thought (hoped) maybe Noni had blown up the loud cleaning machine! No such luck. We gots lotsa birds too..Teka thinks they should go south, so she chases them to the back of the fence and gbarks and gbarks

5:26 PM  
Blogger Agatha and Archie said...

Oh boy..I am SOOO with you on this..In fact I freaked just hearing the thunder in your post..and Archie is JUST LIKE TANNER( in so many ways) He couldn't care less.And what is up with those birds??I was looking for Tippi Hendren.......Whew what a day you hadLove Agatha and Archie PS PL2 can not stop laughing at Tanner hangover...

5:36 PM  
Blogger wally said...

Dude, I'm so on the same wavelength. Don't tell anyone but when it thunders I shake and cry and have to sit on my ma ape's lap. But all the other times I'm totally tuff.

wally.

5:51 PM  
Blogger Joey said...

awwwwww.... tough Joey needs his mummy too huh!
heehee

6:03 PM  
Blogger Luckie Girl said...

oh wow, you really look quite freaked out by the storm. I'm ok with them except when the thunder gets too LOUD. I like talking to the thunder. One rumble..one bark from me!

6:19 PM  
Blogger Pugsley, Buster, Cricket & Daisy said...

We agree, a rerun from the Hitchcock movie. Sorry you get nervous of storms. Pugsley does the same thing.

Four Pugz

7:07 PM  
Blogger Asta said...

Joey
I'm so vewy glad youw Mom was home..I thought that was ouw weathew, not Azwizona..whatsup with that???
Mext time let me know and I can come hold you..I hate the idea of you shaking and being tewwified
smoochie kisses
Asta

7:09 PM  
Blogger Lorenza said...

Hi, Joe
I am like Luckie. I bark at storms!
Sure you were happy to have your mom right there to protect you! And Tanner?? Cool!
Scary birds too! My mom says that they do that when are ready to sleep!
Have a good night
Lorenza

7:54 PM  
Blogger Ozzie, Rocky and Lola said...

Wow Joe. That is something we have in common. I HATE thunder storms. Ozzie just sleeps on through them, but I always make sure Mom is up to keep me safe.
Are you sure that wasn't a clip from Alfred Hitchcock's "The Birds"? That was pretty creepy!
Rocky

8:37 PM  
Blogger Emily and Ike said...

No worries, dude - this guy always needs his mommy.
Ike

8:46 PM  
Blogger i said...

I'm afraid of storms too! Just sniffing over to say hi.

Happy

9:02 PM  
Blogger Boo Casanova said...

joey, *cough*mommy's boy*cough*.

wet wet licks

Boo

9:34 PM  
Blogger Patience-please said...

All those birds must have left some grrreat stuff to roll in tomorrow!
Very Old Dog doesn't like thunderstorms since he got old. The only great thing now is that he can't hear them so well so it's not as scary unless it's a doozy. It makes the servant cry to see him so upset.

wishing you a sunny day and stinkum to roll in-
the whippet waggle

10:54 PM  
Blogger MJ's doghouse said...

man JOe..do i ever know what you mean about needing your mom...i would starve to death without mine...when she comes home from work i act like a crazy girl...i am glad your mom was there to take such good care of you.....

12:50 AM  
Blogger Simba and Jazzi said...

I shook so much with the fireworks going off Mummy thought I was going to have heart failure. Storms don't bother me at all though.

Simba x

2:59 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'll be right over to chase those birds away Joe - then you'll get some peace and quiet and I get to do my job of bird clearning which I take very seriously.

I need my mum sometimes too so don't worry about being scared of the thunder - I only worry about it when I'm trying to sleep and I like to bark to tell it to shut up so I can sleep hehe!

River

4:22 AM  
Blogger Amber-Mae said...

Oh, you two look stressed out to me. You poor thing, shivering like that...You need a place to hide.

Love licks,
Solid Gold Dancer

5:43 AM  
Blogger Ferndoggle said...

Aw, Joe...I'm scared of thunder too. I used to stand on my Mom's head in the middle of the night if it started storming.

Every tuff guy is a Mama's boy at heart.

Sherman

6:42 AM  
Blogger umekotyan said...

Bird's storm is scared.
Nature is scared.

from loved ume tyan

6:58 AM  
Blogger 2shibas said...

Ew...those squalking birds totally freaked us out. Thank DoG your mom was home.

xo,
Wiley & Fievel

7:03 AM  
Blogger Sir Chance-Lot said...

Whow that is ALT of birds..wonder what made them all sit on those wires!?
Sir

7:46 AM  
Blogger Lenny said...

I hide my head under the bed during a thunderstorm. I'm with you buddy! They're no fun! How is Tanner so oblivious???

Your friend, Lenny

8:36 AM  
Blogger Ralph said...

Well Tanner is mighty brave... sure he's not still hungover?

Did you get scared & make a stain during the storm?

Woof,
Ralph

9:05 AM  
Blogger -The Mullin Clan's Mommy- said...

I know how you feel, Joe, cuz I do not like thunderstorms, either. You were lucky that yur mommy was home to protect you. Those birdies look like a movie mom watched by a Hitchcock guy, called "The Birds." They looked ominous!!!
-Cosmos-

9:25 AM  
Blogger H.A. Turbofire, Sibertarian said...

Here where we live, our stupid thunderstorms are caused by Lex. So when it storms, I yell at Lex and tell him he is stupid!!! He can't hear that often enough as far as I'm concerned!

10:57 AM  
Blogger Moco said...

Holy Hitchcock! Send those birds back through the Stargate with the lady bugs. Tanner looks like he is still sleeping off his bender.

11:15 AM  
Blogger Ben & Darling said...

Oh Joey, mayb you should need more thunderstorm so that your mom will be home always...hehehe

6:17 PM  
Blogger Deanna said...

Ugh - scary birds!

7:18 PM  
Blogger Opy - the Original GruffPuppy said...

Hey Tanner,

You have been nominated for "Post of the Month" over at the Bone Zone. Head on over and cast your vote :-)

Love
Opy

8:03 PM  
Blogger Lacey said...

Joey - We both hate storms too. Luckily our girl wasn't working and could stay home with us too. Tanner must be a freak if storms don't bother him.

That's cool that all the birds found your house this year. On Tuesday, we had quite a few birds in our neighborhood, but nothing compared to what we had about a year ago ! Hope you chased them away.

10:38 PM  
Blogger Urban Smoothie Read said...

shhh.... tell u a secret...

i'm afraid of storm too...

6:40 AM  
Blogger Frasier said...

Hope your mommys eye healed up.Aunty Jez shivers like a leaf and I tend to go out digging in the backyard when theres thunder!!
But yes,we macho doggies need our mommies !
Frasier

9:21 AM  
Blogger Stanley said...

Joe Joe!

I'm relieved that you made it through. And hey. There's nothing wrong with being a mama's boy... especially when you pick a really good mama to be the boy of. (Forgive my dangling preposition).

Goober love & bad grammar,
Stanley

8:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home