Joe Stains

This is the blog of an angry old boston terrier. (and his little brother Tanner who gets to post every Tuesday)

Thursday, July 12, 2007

Dinner has gone to the dogs

I am here to talk about FOOD. First of all, this is what I am getting as treats lately:


These snacks are for OLD MAN dogs. I am NOT an old man! Even though that bag says Trader JOES, I would much rather get the chewy bacony full of fat and not good for you at all snacks!

Another thing that disturbs me is that because of FAT FAT Tanner we get this now:



Granted this one has MY name on it too, but I can't help it if I am so famous people name stores after me. But LOW FAT?! I don't need this. Then Mom reminds me that the only reason I get these fancy meals is because of Tanner's broken butt glands and I have to admit she is right. Tonight she made a good dinner too!


There is some of that yogurt, some delicious berries, our supplement and our kibble! YUM


I gotta admit I LOVE Tanner's broken butt. If you are new to the blog, Tanner has problems expressing himself in the rear end department. Apparently his ummm excratory expressions were not enough to naturally expel the required um butt juice so Mom has to give us fruits and veggies to help bulk up his uhh ok POOP. I had to say it. We need to make Tanner's poop bigger! LOL! So we get lots of yummy stuff to eat. HOWEVER....


THAT is what my MOM ate for dinner. That sure doesn't look low fat. IN FACT you can see a little delicous bubble of fat on the side of that pork chop and OMG I am drooling so bad I have to look away.

hmph. I guess beggers can't be choosers as the saying goes.

43 Stains:

Blogger Ruby Bleu said...

I just love how you describe Tanner's poop issues...you are so poetic! The porky chop looked very yummy, but than so did your dinner too!

Lots of Licks, Ruby

7:06 PM  
Blogger Ferndoggle said...

It could be worse Joe...you could be forced to eat the Fat FREE yogurt my Mom give me..."Big Boned Sherman". It tastes OK, but I refuse to eat it unless she adds Peanut Butter or Salmon to it. So much for Fat Free MOM! A ha ha ha!

Your Mom's Bork Chop looks like what my Mom made last week...BBQ style. Why do they get the good stuff & we get yogurt????

Sherman

7:11 PM  
Blogger v said...

I seriously love your mom's creations for you guys. Has she considered starting a recipe blog or something for them? I mean, you guys get BERRIES and YOGURT? YUM indeed!

7:18 PM  
Blogger Khady Lynn said...

One VERY tasty bulker-upper is pure pumpkin!! It is my FAVORITE! Mom buys the Libby's brand (not the pie filling type) and adds it to my food. It is great for tummy problems, both soft and over hard, and is the best tasting treat there is. Mom actually mixes the pumpkin the the lowfat yogurt and then puts it into ice cube trays and freezes it. Then we have yummy, low fat treats during this hot nasty weather!

I must say, those berries look EXTREMELY tasty too!

Holly

7:31 PM  
Blogger T-man Angel said...

Oooh drool...that pork chop pic is so big and tasty looking. I could almost eat the photo!

Yogurt is one of my favs but I can't eat it anymore.

7:38 PM  
Blogger Emily and Ike said...

I guess your mom could learn to help Doofus express his broken butt!
Ike

8:16 PM  
Blogger Luckie Girl said...

Oh my dog, that pork chop looks uber sinful. :) But seriously, your dinner doesn't look all bad...it's definately way better than mine! We could trade ya know?

8:34 PM  
Blogger Girl Girl Hamster said...

Woh, that's alot of food named after you. But your mum got the most yummy looking food

~ girl girl

8:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your dinner looks a lot better than the dry crap I got!

See...some good things come from Tanner's butt issues!

8:46 PM  
Blogger MJ's doghouse said...

wow joey....while your mom was taking the picture you should ahve totally stole that porkchop...i am so sure you can run faster scared than she can mad....but your dinner looks alaright..if you like stuff like fruit veggies and yoghurt...hmmmmmmm...i have to find something yummy that is good for me....

9:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I get fat free plain yogurt too, sigh. I'd rather have peanut butter flavored yogurt! Or liver flavored! Or bacon flavored ... oh yummmmm ....

10:21 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

that's a BIG piece of meat there, buddy! (and i don't mean Tanner's BUTT!!)

And like the humans always say....LIFE IS UNFAIR!!!!!

11:03 PM  
Blogger Casper and pals said...

Your food looks so much better than the plain old kibble that I get so excited over.... Hummm - gotta have a serious talk with momma about the menu!

Woofs, Casper

11:54 PM  
Blogger Myeo said...

See see.. Tanner is so pitiful. You should be nicer to him. Imagine having all those poop stuck in you.

Love
Boy n Baby

12:06 AM  
Blogger Oscar's mummy and daddy said...

My aunty in America always says she likes shopping at Trader Joe's.

Those berries looked great, but the pork looked way better.

Licks
Oscar x

12:57 AM  
Blogger Simba and Jazzi said...

I'm never eating again unless I get pork like that.

Simba xx

1:06 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey tanner i am so embarassed to say this but i think i have a clogged bum like you. ack! now where can i get some Draino to drink???

i have a question, are those fresh berries, or canned berries?

love..
chiyo

1:32 AM  
Blogger Molly the Airedale said...

Your dinner looks pretty good to me! We get fat free vanilla yogurt but it's not as good at the low-fat. Mom says the lowfat vanilla tastes like pudding to her!
I loved your explanation of Tanner's butt problems. Poor Tanner must be mortified!

Love ya lots,
Maggie

2:33 AM  
Blogger wally said...

I hear your butt can get broken if you don't get to eat enough tasty tasty pork.

wally.

ps. Mmmmm. Berries.

2:37 AM  
Blogger Peanut said...

Ah even though that yougurt is fat free it looks really really really good with those berries.

3:00 AM  
Blogger Liza said...

Joe -

My mom had no idea Trader Joe's has doggie snacks - she's gonna drive right over!

Oh and I know all about the low fat thing. When I was adopted I weighed 70 pounds and now tip the scales at 82.5 - mom is losing weight and now everyone else has to as well!!

Have a great weekend! Love to Tanner too! DORY

5:48 AM  
Blogger coco said...

hey joe rocker stains! (i just told you your middle name in case you didn't already KNOW it) my mom needs to buy about a dozen of those tennis-ball-in-the-tummy birds for a pawty she's helping with. could you please ask your mom to tell my mom where she got 'em? mom hope petco cuz we have one in our town.

thanks for the help, rocker dude! you are THE coolest, coco

6:08 AM  
Blogger Jessica said...

Your dinner looks pretty good to us. It looks like a lot of time, effort and thought goes into your dinners. Hey Mom....why does our dinner come out of a bag??!!

Love, Seadra and Zoe

6:23 AM  
Blogger Gus said...

Your dinner looks yummy, and too much porky chop can make your poops runny! Hope you got some bits and pieces though

6:26 AM  
Blogger umekotyan said...

Does tanner try dieting with the yogurt?
However, pork chop has a fat possibility very much. :)

from loved ume tyan

6:33 AM  
Blogger coco said...

oh, and i'm so sorry about tanner's poop-shoot not working right. i didn't know doggins could get "i.b.s." like hoomans, but i've heard it talked about (in hushed tones) in my home. however, due to my strict orders of staying discreet about such things, i can't mention any names.

here's to regularity! coco

8:03 AM  
Blogger Gwyn Valentine said...

The berries look delicious but MAN! The pork!!!!!!!!!
It looks SUCCULENT!
Any chance your mum wanna invite me over for a dinner? I promise to help with the dishes!

Love,
Reina

8:37 AM  
Blogger Marvin -The Hollow Hound said...

too much information on Tanner's Poop Issues, methinks!!!!!!

But the food you get looks amazing, I have never eaten berries, yum.

But the pork looked even better.

love and drooooooools Marvin xxxxx

8:48 AM  
Blogger Sophie Brador said...

Wow! That's the biggest pork chop I've ever seen. Joe, at least there is 2% fat in your low fat yogurt. Around here, we get 0% fat. We get freakin' NO fat yogurt. And I have a broken bum too.

9:40 AM  
Blogger Amber-Mae said...

Woh! What a healthy din dins you had... And look at your ma's fat meat! Mmmm.... I'm drooooling now.

Love licks,
Solid Gold Dancer

9:43 AM  
Blogger H.A. Turbofire, Sibertarian said...

I want it all!!! Even if I don't like something, I want it!!! And don't forget that I ONCE STOLE A TORTILLA FROM MY HUMAN'S PLATE AND SHE DIDN'T EVEN NOTICE!!!!!

10:18 AM  
Blogger Turbo's Human said...

For the last time, Tubey, I did notice!

10:21 AM  
Blogger Martha said...

Holy cow! I'm coming to your house for dinner. All I get is Merrick's Pot Pie.

10:44 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm in the camp that "a treat is a treat" and I'll take what I can get.

11:13 AM  
Blogger Frasier said...

Your food looked so good and so did your moms....
Maybe my mom needs lessons on what to feed me.
Frasier

12:37 PM  
Blogger Tadpole said...

Poor Tanner and his broken butt... being called out like that.

2:29 PM  
Blogger The Airechicks said...

Are you sure that Mom didn't get her plate and your bowl mixed up...

Sorry about Tanner's butt but (hehehe) you do get good foods and treats....because of it.

Maybe Tanner should start "TANNER CRAIG" food program for pups - big boned ones...

6:00 PM  
Blogger WinstonBerry said...

LOL!!! You are right about the treats, I would much prefer the bacon-y treats and your mom's dinner, too! But it's really nice of your mom to cook for you guys all the time! It looks really yummy!!!

Smoooooches!!
--Winnie :-)

7:09 PM  
Blogger Ben & Darling said...

Oh Jeoy, you should have that pork chop as your dinner instead of your own meal...thats yum yum.

9:08 PM  
Blogger Joey said...

Your mom's food looks yummy!

3:27 AM  
Blogger Stanley said...

A more eloquent account of butt glands and excrement was never given, Joe. I'm thinking Tanner probably appreciates your color commentary.

Looks to me like you belly up to a pretty nice meal. Your mom knows how to dish it up!

Goober envy,
Stanley

4:17 AM  
Blogger PreciOus said...

Your meal looks fantastic, till I saw your mom's. Awesome fat juicy pork chop and you can't have any? Man.

Snuggle,
Precious

9:42 AM  
Blogger Balboa said...

Hey, you gotta love Tanner's butt, cuz that food looks INCREDIBLE!!!!!!

Frenchie hungry snorts
Balboa

6:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home