Joe Stains

This is the blog of an angry old boston terrier. (and his little brother Tanner who gets to post every Tuesday)

Friday, June 08, 2007

TGIF!

Finally we had a GREAT friday! We knew the frosty paws were going to be ready so we headed out into the heat to get warmed up!





I hate laying anywhere near the Doofus.


Soon he started to get very tired...


Then he started to get very DIRTY


Then he decided to get a tan on his um private parts. Sorry, but Mom thinks this picture is cute.

Finally it was TIME!!!


Mom was so impressed with how cute they were. WHO CARES GIVE IT TO ME!


Tanner inspects his...


I grabbed mine and got the heck away from him.


The Doofus's tiny brain FROZE. It was awesome.


Mom kept saying it was gross to eat it in the dirt. whatever lady.


She made me put it on the patio. The dirt and grass just added flavor!


Poor Doofus...

So if you want to make the frosty paws yourself, here is the recipe. Please be sure to visit Nanook to thank him for the recipe. He is having a sad day and would love some comments.

Recipe (as transcribed by the famed Lori):
32 oz. plain yogurt
2 Tbls. Peanut Butter
2 Tbls. Honey
1/3 cup water
1 banana
Sometimes I put melon or applesauce in. Or what ever I have on hand. Sometimes I top with a biscuit or biscuit crumbs.

Mix in a blender and pour into individual cups. I used silicone tart pans.

30 Stains:

Blogger Toby said...

Oh my, Mommy is oohing and aahing over how cute those frosty paws are too!! I'm with you. Whatever. As long as they taste good, that's good enough!! And yes, dirt and grassy bits just add more flavour!! I'm so jealous. I want some too. (Gives Mom a dirty look).

Luv,
Tobes

5:23 PM  
Blogger Ruby Bleu said...

They are the best aren't they and I'm sure in the hot Arizona sun they were so pawsome. I agree..everything tastes better with dirt! Maybe your mom should try it sometime...bet she'd agree!

Lots of Licks, Ruby

6:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey guys,Yummy treat,I will have to try it sometime.Sorry about the pups,Stella cried for 3 days after the death of her son Gunner.I caught Stella doing somthin real cute it will post on my blog on monday.Please read it on monday.Our blog is
shawnysmoonbeam.typepad.com\shawnysmoonbeam.Stella has a huge crush on Joey.I would have put a link on my blog to your blog but I am ot computer savvy ,sorry.I will add you to my blog for readers as soon as I can.Stella and I love reading your blog everyday.

6:57 PM  
Blogger MJ's doghouse said...

wow those look really yummy..maybe i can convince my mom to make them....afterall it looks like humans could eat them too....i love the picture with poor doof with brain freeze...wow...that must sure hurt...poor doof

6:57 PM  
Blogger Boo Casanova said...

hey joey, i might able to taste my first frosty paw tomorrow if not tonight. my mom gonna get the ingredient from the supermarket this afternoon and i wrote the recipe in a paper so she won't forget. lol

wet wet licks

Boo

7:23 PM  
Blogger Khady Lynn said...

Ooohhhh, those sound sooooo yummy! I will certainly have my human try them.

Another thing you could try, which is one of MY favorites, is to use a large container of vanilla low fat yogurt, and 1 can of pumpkin (not the pie kind, but the "pure" pumpkin), mix together, spoon into ice cube trays and freeze! They make GREAT summer treats, and are very low fat, low calorie. Mom just saves them by putting them in freezer bags.

Holly

8:16 PM  
Blogger Peanut said...

yours are so much cuter then ours. I can't beleive your mom didn't think the dirt would make it taste better.

8:19 PM  
Blogger Huskee and Hershey said...

Ahhhh.. Frosty Paws for a hot day.. it's perfect!

9:03 PM  
Blogger Asta said...

Hey Joey, what's up with the Doofus??didn't he like his yummy tweat? You can send me his portion any time.
Do you like cold pizza? I like to get up in the night when Mommi is being evil and eating leftovers, and help her not get tubby, by eating some with her heheheheeh
smooochie kisses
Asta

9:41 PM  
Blogger Nugget said...

Hi Joey,

Thank you for the great frosty paws recipe! Grocery shopping day is tomorrow... Mum said she was going to get everything we need to make them - Yay!
Licks,
Nugget

10:58 PM  
Blogger Luckie Girl said...

Hey guys,
Those frosty paws look awesome!!!

11:09 PM  
Blogger Simba and Jazzi said...

My Mummy was like, oh aren't they pretty, whatever, do they taste good? If we ever get summer here I am going to try them.

Simba xx

12:40 AM  
Blogger Molly the Airedale said...

Your frosty paws look like tiny cakes! Your mom is so clever! Love the doofus's brain freeze! haha

Love ya lots,
Maggie

2:27 AM  
Blogger Amber-Mae said...

Hahaha the doofus is such a doofus! And those homemade frosty paws looks dogalicious to me. Still waiting for my mommy to make me some! "HEY WOMAN, MAKE ME SOME NOW! FASTER!" Hehehe, sorry... Enjoy it! And have a great weekend!

Love licks,
Solid Gold Dancer

6:20 AM  
Blogger Bernard Hinault Lilje said...

Wow-- all these new friends and great recipes. I definitely have to convince my mommie to make those this weekend, they looked bootiful. Glad we can be friends guys!!!

Bernard

7:38 AM  
Blogger Emily and Ike said...

Do you like those paws better than the ones from the store?
I sure do!
Ike

8:50 AM  
Blogger Jackson's J1 and J2 said...

Love the brain freeze photo of Tanner. J x

9:11 AM  
Blogger Oscar's mummy and daddy said...

Yeah, I agree, who cares what shape they are, just get them down your neck fast! Oh and I totally agree that a layer of dirt adds a certain je ne sais quoi!

Licks
Oscar x

1:11 PM  
Blogger wally said...

Oh man. Aren't they so much better after you've warmed yourself up and gotten a nice tan. And then--BAM--brain freeze! You guys sure do eat slow. That 'paw lasted more than 30 seconds!

wally.

2:19 PM  
Blogger Quinvale AstaLaVista Baby said...

G'day Joe,

Those frosty paws look soooo tasty. I'm going to teach my mum to make them, I just wish it wasn't winter down here.

Stay cool!
xxx Asta down under

2:19 PM  
Blogger Deanna said...

Cute Frosty Paws, and Cute Doofus photo. I hope he doesn't get sunburned down there!

3:41 PM  
Blogger Stanley said...

Glad your paws de frost were worth the wait. Yes, they were kind of cutesy, but that belly shot of Tanner is hilarious! Never knew he had such a pink, pink baby tummy.

The doofus brain freeze shot was also priceless! I love it!

Goob love to you both,
Stanley

4:36 PM  
Blogger Herbie said...

that sounds yummy! and now I'm gonna make my M make me some!

5:59 PM  
Blogger PerfectTosca said...

I wrote that recipe down and I am going to shove it in the Woman's face. And when are these humans going to stop obsessing over dirt? Dirt is Gooooooood.

7:30 PM  
Blogger Melissa said...

Way cool on the frosty paws thingys, Mom says she won't make them for us cuz she thinks we'll let them melt all over and not eat them up frozen...totally not fair! How does she know we'll do that if she doesn't make them, huh? Moms........
Licks'n'Sniffs,
China & Madie

7:48 PM  
Blogger Marvin -The Hollow Hound said...

oooooooooh drooooooling droooooling, they look amazing! and I just adore peanut butter tooooo!

Will get my old lady to try the recipe, thanks Joe!

6:44 AM  
Blogger Balboa said...

Man, I can't believe she wouldn't let you eat it on the grass!

Silly doofus, did eat those too fast????

Frenchie Kisses,
Balboa

8:36 AM  
Blogger H.A. Turbofire, Sibertarian said...

I'm going to make my Human make me some of those. And I'm not sharing with anyone!

12:18 PM  
Blogger T-man Angel said...

DROOL...yogurt, peanut butter..darn it!! Those yummy ingredients are no-no's on my stupid diet!!! Can I come live with you guys??

7:45 PM  
Blogger vixly said...

AWESOME collar, Joey! i love the scottish plaid tartan or whatever it's called!

12:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home