Joe Stains

This is the blog of an angry old boston terrier. (and his little brother Tanner who gets to post every Tuesday)

Wednesday, June 06, 2007

food before girls


So yesterday you all had to endure the Doofus and his romantic problems and Mom accused me of instigating because I told him about mistresses, whatever. I just like the guy to have some fun, right? Mom seems to think I was trying to get him in trouble with Lillie for my own amusement. Would I do something like that?

So no more talk about girls. I want to talk about the most important thing in the world, FOOD.

Everyday Mom makes us a special dinner. It always has flax seed in it and it always has our supplement in it. BUT she tries to make it a little different everyday for us, so I give her some bonus points for that. If you are new to my blog you may not know that Tanner has some umm gland issues in his nether regions so the Vet recommended more veggies and fruits for us. This might have been the best thing the Doof ever did for me. So today our dinner was yogurt with dried cranberries and some kibble. Yogurt is our faaaavorite.


Here we are pigging out.


This gave mom an opportunity to show you how to tell us apart very easily, other than the fact that I am 120% more handsome than Tanner. See that DOT on the top of his head, that is how you know it is Tanner...because that is the ACTUAL size of his brain! Amazing, eh?


That is me, no doofus dot to be found.

Take a look at this video of us eating. Mom says this house is so noisy! Our collars make clanking bell noises then in the background you can hear my Dad playing the drums, ON HIMSELF. He is a drummer and is ALWAYS drumming with his hands and feet on everything, even himself. At the end you will see Tanner finish his food then wait for me to finish...then we switch! We do this everytime. Sometimes Tanner doesn't wait so I scoop up EVERYTHING in my dish into my mouth and run into the TV room and then spit it back out. Mom sure loves that trick!

34 Stains:

Blogger Luckie Girl said...

Hey Joey,
Aww dog, I was so disappointed..i thought you would finish first and go for Tanner's bowl.
But those cranberries look yummy...Mom didn't know dogs could eat cranberries..so well, now she KNOWS!

6:07 PM  
Blogger Ferndoggle said...

What beautiful music you boys make when you eat! And your Dad's drumming sounds like fireworks!!!!

Sherman & I play musical food bowls after dinner because Penny is anorexic and always leaves a little bit. HE even lets me help him clean out her bowl. He pretends he doesn't like me but he DOES!!!

Lola

6:10 PM  
Blogger Toby said...

Nothing beats the sound of eating!! As for the Doofus Dot, you always manage to crack me up!!! But are you sure that's the size of Tanner's brain?? It can't be "that" small, can it??

Mmm, I love yogurt too!!

Luv,
Tobes

6:28 PM  
Blogger Peanut said...

Flash and I do the switching thing too. I beleive that you would never ever try to get tanner in trouble. LOL

6:52 PM  
Blogger Boo Casanova said...

oh you two are so coordinating. btw joey, aren't u complaining that the Doof always move his bowl around the house? well, did you just move your bowl?? hehehehe.

wet wet licks

Boo

7:03 PM  
Blogger Gus said...

Yup, we do the switch bowls too. Well, actually Teka comes to check out my bowl, but I am not allowed near hers, or she nips my ears. Women, you are smart to prefer food!

7:27 PM  
Blogger Ruby Bleu said...

Musical bowls...I like that. Joe your foods sound really yummy. I think I need to get my Mom to talk with your Mom about it...I just get kibble. A little variety would be nice once in a while!

Lots of Licks, Ruby

7:38 PM  
Blogger Khady Lynn said...

I get green beans and pumpkin. They are great sources of fiber!

Holly

7:47 PM  
Blogger Bentley and Niko said...

hah! such good music, almost sounds like the blue man group!

8:19 PM  
Blogger vixly said...

Something tells me your mom really enjoys having two boys to cook gourmet meals for... and sometimes three if your dad is up for it!

8:27 PM  
Blogger T-man Angel said...

Hee hee, that's a cute trick switching bowls like that. I always lick Uncle Sammi's dish after he's done eating too.

8:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

joe your mealtimes are really noisy. it's like the cows coming home, all that clanking.

the drummer tony royster jr. is performing here in singapore this weekend, but HM isn't going to watch. she's broke.

love..
chiyo

9:40 PM  
Blogger Marvin -The Hollow Hound said...

goodness me, your video made me soooooo hungry! My fob on my collar makes the same noise when I eat too!

Not sure about cranberries for me, I don't seem to like anything with fruit or veg, but you both look very well on it!

love and hungry licks, Marvin xxxxx

11:32 PM  
Blogger MJ's doghouse said...

wow...you guys are very musical when you eat..i like the white china...very classy....and your daddy drumming is a nice musical dinner music for you...eh is very thoughtful....

12:15 AM  
Blogger Simba and Jazzi said...

You get loads of nice stuff to eat.

Simba xx

12:56 AM  
Blogger Oscar's mummy and daddy said...

Oooh, I haven't tried cranberries yet, I'll add them to my wish list.

Licks
Oscar x

1:57 AM  
Blogger Girl Girl Hamster said...

Woh your food looks realy yummy.

~ girl girl

2:42 AM  
Blogger Molly the Airedale said...

I love that you guys switch bowls at the end! Mitch always comes to see if I left a morsel but I never check out his bowl - not yet anyway!

Love ya lots,
Maggie

2:44 AM  
Blogger Huskee and Hershey said...

I'd love to try cranberries.. have not tasted them before..
I wish there's someone to play musical bowls with... *sigh*

4:13 AM  
Blogger Huskee and Hershey said...

... wait.. I just noticed something.. you have a 'manly' blue mat with stars whereas Tanner's got a red one with FLOWERS??!

4:15 AM  
Blogger Amber-Mae said...

Yum! Yum! Now I feel very hungry!

Love licks,
Solid Gold Dancer

5:06 AM  
Blogger Stanley said...

Hey, guys!

It sounds like pretty pretty wind chimes when you eat.

Love the Doofus dot. (I think you're a wee bit jealous, Joey).

Goob nuggets,
Stanley

5:21 AM  
Blogger umekotyan said...

Meal playing music, and very elegant joey
hahaha

from loved ume tyan

5:32 AM  
Blogger Marvin -The Hollow Hound said...

Hey Guys! Check out my Blog, I didn't realise one of you was a Super Model, until I saw the card Jeannie bought today!

love and laughing licks, Marv xxxxx

5:42 AM  
Blogger Emily and Ike said...

Don't you get blast ass from all the variety? My mom put me on a hypoallergenic diet because of the squishies and the FARTS! (but I still get treats galore!)
Ike

6:25 AM  
Blogger Joey said...

Has tanner tried pumpkin for his gland thing? Jack has this problem and is always scooting his butt. But he is slightly better now that pumpkin firms his stools and push the 'things' inside the sac.
:)

6:52 AM  
Blogger wally said...

Joe, I couldn't agree more. While ladies are nice, food is better. The ONLY time it is silent at our house is dinner time. We take it very seriously. I always used to handle the food cleanup for both of us but now that we do BARF me and my sissy do the same trading routine you do. And we get a lot of yogurt and fruit, too. YUM. I love my vegetables and fruitables.

wally.

ps. I hate to be mean but at the end of your eating video you do a little doofus face.

8:37 AM  
Blogger H.A. Turbofire, Sibertarian said...

Food time is always good time!

10:17 AM  
Blogger Asta said...

Joey, you guys crack me up..what a noisy bunch..I think you should go on tour with your dad..let me know when you hit NYC..that's the size of his bwain? geez it's bigger than I thought given your comments hehehehehe
smoochie kisses
Asta

5:36 PM  
Blogger Ben & Darling said...

Oh Joey, your dinner look really yum yum ~~ I wish I can have it too....

By the way, Joey. Can you stop teasing the dot on Tanner head.....I think its nice & special...coz I GOT ONE ON MY HEAD TOO !!!

8:15 PM  
Blogger Nugget said...

Hi Joe,
You are so lucky! I wish my Mum would prepare gourmet dinners.

11:32 PM  
Blogger Balboa said...

that video of you guys eating was really funny. I like that you have to lick each others' food bowls. FUNNY.

Mom liked the idea of putting different things in your food, so she added something extra to my food two different times.

I'll post about it.

THANKS!!!
Balboa

5:49 AM  
Blogger Deanna said...

When I do that food trick, Dakota eats my food, so i have to eat slowly and calmly.

10:32 AM  
Blogger Jackson's J1 and J2 said...

Why does everyone in the whole world get better food than me? J x

9:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home