Joe Stains

This is the blog of an angry old boston terrier. (and his little brother Tanner who gets to post every Tuesday)

Friday, March 16, 2007

Oh the doofus is home!

Here is the story of Tanner's Vet visit.

tanner clutching his toys the night before
Last night he was feeling blue, har har, so he was clutching his favorite blue toys.

Then this morning it was up bright and early to get to the vet by 7am.

First of all when they got there, guess what was waiting!

they use cats as bait to get them in the vet!
I tell you what, I would have not even got out of the truck! But Tanner likes cats so this was the perfect bait to get him in there. Once he was in there he realized that this was the BAD PLACE. He was not happy.

Mom had to wait until almost 11:30am to get the call from the Vet, even though they said she could call as many times as she wanted, she didn't want to seem crazy. (ahem) The vet called and said the doof made it through just fine. When they picked him up they had put a yellow bandage on his leg for Steelers! What nice vets! They also had a nice red bandana on him. However, I don't think Tanner had any idea WHAT was on him because he was OUT of it. He still is. I think they did find a cure for Doofus-ism, SEDATIVES!!!

so happy to be going home
He snored the whole way home.

what is he on??
Mom put him in his house because she thought I might try to mess him up. Like I care? I gave him one sniff then I was back to looking out the window.

zonked
He is resting peacefully, and I am at peace as well. I wonder how long these sedatives last!

sad tanner
Tanner is sad right now but he will be his old self in no time! Thanks everyone for your thoughts, prayers, and crossed paws.

22 Stains:

Blogger Molly the Airedale said...

I'm so glad Tanner is home!!!! He's looking a bit pooped - he needs his rest. He'll be as good as new tomorrow!

Love ya lots,
Maggie

3:38 PM  
Blogger Liberty Doo Dah said...

Sending LOTS of AireZen to Tanner! He looks so sad, but I'm betting he will be feeling better than his old self very soon!
Take good care of him Joe Stains!
AireZEN!
Liberty

4:48 PM  
Blogger Sophie Brador said...

Hey Joey, I know you will probably frown when you hear this, but I was really worried about the Doofus. Poor little guy. I'm very happy to hear he's home and we're all crossing fingers and paws for the only good news about the icky lump.

p.s. I was also sad for you having to spend a whole day all by your self. I know you were very brave about it all, but I hope you didn't feel lonely.

4:57 PM  
Blogger Little Buster said...

Glad Tanner is home. I sure he'll be fine. He'll be chasing Joey in no time.

5:04 PM  
Blogger Marvin -The Hollow Hound said...

ooooh so pleased the doofus (oooops sorry! Tanner) is home and safe etc. My mama Jeannie knows what a worry these lumps etc are, havin been thru it with me the past few days.

Take care Doofus Tanner, we love you here in Scotland, you are a sweetheart and you look just like I did comin round from my sedative yesterday.

I feel for you boy! Joe, you be kind to Tanner, he looks so sweeeeeeeeet in those pics!

love and sympathetic licks and heres hopin the lumps turn out ok!

paws crossed mightily here in bonnie and very cold Scotland tonight!

Mucho love from Marvin
x
and Jeannie xxxxxxx

5:15 PM  
Blogger Peanut said...

So glad Tanner is home. Be nice to him Joey.

5:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

We love you Doof! Chief, Junior, Daisy, Abby, Gin, Tippy, Puddin, Patches, Poe, Aunt Patty, Uncle Dick

6:08 PM  
Blogger Ferndoggle said...

Admit it Joey...you're sad when Doofus Face is gone! We're so glad he's home & that you have such a great Vet to *represent* with Stiller colors!

Yoi! And Double Yoi!

Glad you're home safe & sound Tanner.

Sherman, Penny & Lola

7:13 PM  
Blogger Emily and Ike said...

Get well soon Tanner and I am sure the gross thing is nothing and your mom shouldn't be so worried.
Ike
PS - my mom thinks it's a histiocytoma which is no biggie, I guess.

8:29 PM  
Blogger v said...

Oh little Doofus Face, I had to giggle when Joey got so excited about the sedatives... tsk, tsk. Welcome home, buddy!

8:33 PM  
Blogger Myeo said...

Tanner looks very tired. But we are glad that he is home.

Love
Boy n Baby

9:15 PM  
Blogger MJ's doghouse said...

FOR HE'S A JOLLY GOOD DOOOOFUS
FOR HE'S A JOLLY GOOD DOOOOFUS...
FOR HE'S A JOLLY GOOD DOOOOOOOFUS
AND WE ARE ALL HAPPY HE'S OKAY

9:15 PM  
Blogger Boo Casanova said...

oh, poor tanner. he does look a bit worn out in the last photo. not much of sad but... worn out. ok, joey, please take care of tanner on behalf! (ok ok, like u care!)

wet wet licks

BOo

10:08 PM  
Blogger Nugget said...

Hi Joey and Tanner, I am glad all went well and Tanner is back home. Those sedatives can really knock a pup for a loop! I had surgery (to get fixed) a few weeks back. I was out of it the day of my surgery and the next day too.

12:19 AM  
Blogger Luckie Girl said...

Hey Tanner I'm glad you're home. Get lots of rest!!

1:30 AM  
Blogger Simba and Jazzi said...

Glad Tanner is home. Joe be nice to him.

Simba xx

2:40 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tell Tanner we are glad he is ok! My kids prayed all day for him. I bet Lillie did too. I imagine she was very worried;)

4:57 AM  
Blogger The Army of Four said...

Feel better soon, Tanner! You look oh, so sweet in the sleepy pictures! We will say prayers for you - let us know as soon as you can about the lump!!!
Love,
Amber
PS: Joey - you tease Tanner a lot, but I know you love him! He's your BROTHER, after all! :)

7:35 AM  
Blogger Lillie Valentine said...

Oh, Tanner, I hope you are doing better! You look so sleepy in those pictures. My little heart just breaks that you are under the weather, but hopefully you will be back to your playful self very soon. I'd come give you some luvin but you live too far away! Maybe I can mail myself to you? Will your mom let me sleep in her bed?

1:30 PM  
Blogger Oscar's mummy and daddy said...

I expect Tanner will be back to his old self by now. I hope you're being easy on him Joey!

Licks
Oscar

2:18 PM  
Blogger Bentley and Niko said...

He looks so sad! My eyes are all wet for him. We wish all of you well, as we know how hard it is when someone is not feeling well. We like his yellow cast though, that is very cool of them. Poor Tanners.

9:09 PM  
Blogger Deanna said...

Poor Tanner!

9:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home