Joe Stains

This is the blog of an angry old boston terrier. (and his little brother Tanner who gets to post every Tuesday)

Monday, January 15, 2007

Ok, this weather is the stupidest thing I have ever heard of

Ok, first and foremost, thank you to all of my dog friends who are voting for me on the bone zone, I do appreciate it.

I would also like to clear up somethings that people have been commenting about, instead of individually responding to all the comments like I used to. First of all the beautiful photo on display in my previous post was generated using some nerdy photo thing mom found on Flickr, which is where we host our photos. The best part is, the site is www.dumpr.net dumpr, like POOP! hilarious.

Second, I would like to say that you are ALL welcome at Chez Stains to share all the yummy treats from Aunt Patty.

Third, the update from the Vet. I went first and I got one shot for rabies, I hated it. I am VERY well behaved at the vet and the best news is, I am at an ideal weight of 21.4 lbs. Previously I was at the top end of the scale for the normal weight for bostons, but now I am svelt! Tanner is almost 23lbs, which is up from around 18lbs when we got him, so he is no longer TOO skinny. After my shot, I no longer felt dismayed by my vet visit because I had to watch the vet stick her FINGER in Tanner's BUTT! GROSSSSSSS! You should seen the poor little guy trying to get away! Mom did a good job of holding on and scratching his head to calm him but he was NOT happy. The good news is the doc says his glands are back to working order but Mom should continue giving us this fiber to maintain good butt health. Can I tell you how much I love this vet??? She made us bulgar wheat pancakes this weekend, score!!!

Later this week I am going to begin training Tanner on proper courtship so that he can have a nice relationship, albeit long distance, with Lillie. But for today, I want to talk about how FREAKING COLD it is here!!! It was in the 20s when I woke up this morning, this is ARIZONA not ALASKA! :(

eariler, they were both freezing
Thank goodness for our jackets and our space heater!

tanner is such a goof
Too bad Tanner was hogging the heater all day.

Joey is busy begging while tanner gets warm
Seriously, you would think he could move for a minute so I could warm up.

baby its cold outside
Eventually I gave up and snuggled on the couch with my many blankets.

23 Stains:

Blogger Boo Casanova said...

hey joey,

before you train tanner on proper courtship i think you should train him not to hog the heater!

i can see sunlight but too bad the temperature sucks! otherwise, i bet you two would be running around at the backyard now.

wet wet licks

Boo

7:10 PM  
Blogger Herbie said...

I wonder what cold weather is like. Maybe I should ask my M to turn the air conditioner down to like, 17 degrees?

Are you trying to hoist Tanner off to Lillie's so that you can finally have the whole house to yourself?

7:26 PM  
Blogger Gus said...

Come on Joe, it isn't that bad. Me and Teka like to romp in the yard, we find the cold weather invigorating. And it means we get to sleep under the covers with the human parents!

7:50 PM  
Blogger MJ's doghouse said...

it is cold here too joey...but...i have so many blankets....i am always warm...i am glad you still get yummy diets...mom made pancakes with syrup for me on the weeekend...but not with anything special on them...but they werer yummy....they had butter

8:45 PM  
Blogger Deanna said...

It's cold here too. I just start grnting when I get cold and mom turns up the heater and puts a blanket on me. Give that a try!

9:37 PM  
Blogger T-man Angel said...

You guys look so cute in your matching coats. I'd say you look like twins, but I know you wouldn't like that (hee hee!).

What's with that weather? It's almost as cold as that here in Chicago!

T-man

10:00 PM  
Blogger Lacey said...

Hope you and Tanner are staying warm. I'm doing my best to stay warm by curling up on the girl's bed. Comet likes the cold. I think our girl should get a space heater, but she is afraid of things that get hot. Instead, she has the heater for the whole house turned up, but she is still cold and bundled up, but Comet is panting. She's given him lots of ice treats today. Weird dog!

10:10 PM  
Blogger Toby said...

Joey, what the heck is Tanner doing?? Someone must teach him a thing or two about sharing....esp. with his older brother!!!

But you must admit, the two of you look adorable in your sweaters!~

Tobes

10:24 PM  
Blogger Fu Fu said...

Hey Joey, so glad to hear that you're ok at the vet. And that fingers in the butt part.. Gross..

So now Tanner is bigger size then you?

~ fufu

10:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

tanner needs to put on even more weight so that he has enough fat and won't hog the heater :)

love..
chiyo

12:02 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

joe,

you're too kind, buddy!!!!

if i were you, i'd have given tanner some serious walloping so he'd let me have the heater!!

:P

12:27 AM  
Blogger Nugget said...

Joe, At least you don't have the icy white stuff all over the ground! Scrunch in next to Tanner and the heater-make him move over!

12:54 AM  
Blogger Simba and Jazzi said...

Could Tanner get any nearer to the heater!? Maybe a heater each?

Simba xx

2:05 AM  
Blogger Oscar's mummy and daddy said...

I think you are too patient with the Doofus, just shove him out of the way!

Glad you're going to keep getting delicious food.

Licks
Oscar x

2:17 AM  
Blogger Buster the Wired Fox Terror said...

I only weigh 19 pounds! Yowsa! You're big guys.

Bussie Kissies
Buster

3:40 AM  
Blogger The Army of Four said...

Wow, do those blankets look comfy! Can I come over?
Play bows,
Zim

7:38 AM  
Blogger Molly the Airedale said...

I'm so glad you guys are still going to continue to get your luscious meals! I love reading your blog when you post about food. Makes me drool all over the keyboard!

Love ya lots,
Maggie

10:39 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ho ho ho .. you guys crack me up ... if you think it's cold at 20 degrees you should try it at 43 degrees below zero! I have to go out and poop in it - you should see how fast my poop turns into poopsicles! Maybe you need to grow fluffy coats ...

10:55 AM  
Blogger Wired for Mackie said...

Hey Joey,

i hate going to the vets too! What's up with their need to play with doggy butts? Sheez? And mom says they PAY them for that?

Stay warm and safe!

Your pal, Mackie

(really, Tanner, share the heater already!)

11:58 AM  
Blogger Sunshade said...

Gee.... that Tanner, doesn't he know he should let the older sibling have the comfortable spot??

I think our globe is dying, the weather has been very strange everywhere...

Love nibbles,
Miss Sunshade

7:33 PM  
Blogger Myeo said...

Why is Tanner hogging the heater. Not fair. You should kick his butt..oops.

Love
Boy n Baby

9:42 AM  
Blogger Marvin -The Hollow Hound said...

hey take a look on my Blogs Joe, we have thick snow!

Your pictures are so good!

love and licks Marv x

4:24 AM  
Blogger Elevated said...

haha that second to last pic he is SO telling you tanner's being a hog.

11:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home