Joe Stains

This is the blog of an angry old boston terrier. (and his little brother Tanner who gets to post every Tuesday)

Friday, January 05, 2007

bad news from the house of a thousand stains

This morning started out SUPER because my Dad came home early from work, like at 9am! I was soooo excited. So then, he puts Tanner in his harness and takes him away!! Like in the truck!!! I was so excited I was banging into the window shutters making all kinds of funny noises. Plus, Tanner has been really stinky lately so I was extra glad to be rid of him!!

Well, just about an hour later Dad comes back, I am stoked, thinking party time with Dad! BUT he has Tanner with him. And Tanner looks SAD. and Dad looks SAD. So I sniff Tanner out and pee-yuck he still stinks, but he smells like something else too, THE VET!

Dad said Tanner has an infected BUTT gland?!!?!! GROSS!!!! So they had to squeeze some stinky goo out of his butt and he has pills he has to take now! The best part is, the Vet said that we should get more fiber in our diets so that our poop is bigger! How cool is that vet! So mom is going to pick up some fruits and veggies for us to snack on.

doofus
Finally the doofus did something good for me! More yummy treats! Too bad he still STINKS!

blech

20 Stains:

Blogger Toby said...

Oh, poor Doofus! That butt thing does not sound fun at all!! Hopefully the extra fiber and extra large poops will help him out.

Tobes

3:25 PM  
Blogger Molly the Airedale said...

Joe you're such a character! hehehe Thanks for filling us in on all of Tanner's personal business!

Maggie - who's winking at you!

3:38 PM  
Blogger wally said...

joe--

haha! butt infection. how will he ever live that one down! good on the fiber, though. i sometimes have, erm, problems but i eat loads of mapples, carrots, a baninis. mmmm...baninis.

wally.

3:39 PM  
Blogger Deanna said...

Butt infection = treats?

weird...

4:04 PM  
Blogger Willie and Waylon said...

We hope Doofus's bottom heals up well.
At least you get treats out of it :)

4:24 PM  
Blogger Boo Casanova said...

is that BUTT GLAND really bad? i was reading it on the internet the other day that if doggie has it, they like to scratch their butt on the ground. my cousin like to scratch his butt on the ground too! is it infectious?

wet wet licks

Boo

6:43 PM  
Blogger Daisy the Boston Terrier said...

Aww, Poor Tanner. I have never had a infected butt gland but i do have to have mine cleaned out all the time or they will get infected. Tell Tanner that I feel for him

7:48 PM  
Blogger e said...

awwww hope tanner gets better though. stinky poo big poo dog poo rocks!

love
Fei
p.s. i do not like stiny boys, though. (<--- yeah, right. eve)

9:21 PM  
Blogger Little Buster said...

My big sister Abby (God rest her soul) had to have her glands "expressed". Not serious as long as it's taken care of. I'm sure Tanner will be fine. Such good parents you have.

9:38 PM  
Blogger Scrappy and Pebbles said...

Aww poor Tanner a butt infection cannot be fun even if it does mean more treats.

get better soon Tanner I love the stories about you ;-)


Tail wags
~Scrappy

11:32 PM  
Blogger Studly Dudley said...

Maybe Doofus'll stink less now that he's gotten his butt glands squeezed heheheh. He sure took one for the team!

Cheerio!
Dudley

12:46 AM  
Blogger Myeo said...

We hope Tanner will get well real soon...

1:49 AM  
Blogger Marvin -The Hollow Hound said...

Hi there Joe! Have found your blog at long last!

I have had infected Butt Glands.....it is disgusting! I am so sorry for Tammer. send him my sympathy. The squeezing of the butt by the Vet is a horrible experience. Jeannie was told to sprinkle bran on my biscuits to help with the butt probs! She buys it in the health food shop.

Take care, I have followed the great Joe Stains tradition, and made three rather spectacular stains on the living room carpet today!! Jeannie was shampooing the carpet at 7 am this morning......

Hoooooomans eh! I wil put a link on my blog later on today when internet is quieter, to your Blog so I can take a look at your fun life!

Marvin xxxxx

2:35 AM  
Blogger Mum said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

2:51 AM  
Blogger Nugget said...

Lucky! I want to score extra treats, but without the butt trouble!

2:55 AM  
Blogger Simba and Jazzi said...

Yuck, smelly doofus. I'm soooo glad I don't have to live with him. I hope he gets better soon.

Simba xx

3:28 AM  
Blogger The Leskiw Gang said...

Joe,
It's a good thing for getting more fiber. mom makes sure I get the stuff I need so I don't get stinky butt.
Paws & Kisses
Maggie Rose

6:30 AM  
Blogger Boomer and his mom Carol said...

I like what Wally said, "butt infection".

Nice to meet you Joe. We visit a lot of the same blogs so I thought I would say hello!

9:50 AM  
Blogger BigBrownBearBear said...

Let me sniff Bear's butt

10:33 AM  
Blogger Buster the Wired Fox Terror said...

Not just a pain in the butt, he now HAS a pain in the butt!

Bussie Kissies
Buster

3:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home