Joe Stains

This is the blog of an angry old boston terrier. (and his little brother Tanner who gets to post every Tuesday)

Saturday, January 06, 2007

butt infections might be the best things ever

So Mom is trying to work some fiber into our diets, without causing explosive diarrhea from messing with our food. I am telling you, I sure am glad I kept Tanner around at least this long because his messed up butt is paying off! So here we go with this morning's meal.

apples and cauliflower
This is what she presented us with. Fuji apple and some cauliflower.

yumm
Here I go!!!

mmm cauliflower
The cauliflower is delicious!!

aaak apples are gross!
But AAAK this apple is GROSS!!!!

Tanner
Even the Doofus agrees!!! He won't eat the apple!

no thanks, you can keep the apples
So mom took away the apples and got out some things from the cupboards. Like the human food cupboards. This just gets better and better!!

bulger
She got out this machine that makes a lot of noise and I saw some of this go in. And some brown juice and something else and then the machine went RAAAAAAAAAR!!!!

they didnt like the plain apples so I whirred it up with some bulger wheat and low sodium beef stock
Then it looked like this!

slop
She gave us a new plate with this stuff mixed up with our usual dog food, it was GREAT!! (Note from Joey's mom - its the apples, low sodium beef stock and the bulgar wheat-don't tell!)

Tanner pigging out
I tell you what, all that food network my mom watches really does some good!

I fooled them!
All gone!!

Whew, that was a lot of photos! What a great way to start the day. Now mom just has to wait and see how we digest this!

16 Stains:

Blogger Sunshade said...

I CAN'T BELIEVE YOU GUYS LOVE CAULIFLOWERS!!!!!!! You two are hilarious!!

I won't eat any fruits or veggies just like that, mum has to do what your mom did and put them into the scawie veggie/fruit murderer and then mix the stuff with my food.

Hey, do you guys like mumpkin? or scawie squash?? Those are really good for fibre!! You can get canned mumpkin too, just not the pie filling one tho.

Love nibbles,
Miss Sunshade

12:17 PM  
Blogger T-man Angel said...

You guys look so happy on the patio eating that people food off those people plates! You've got the good life :)

My mom now thinks I need more fiber since I've been butt scooting again. Mmm..and cauliflower is on my diet too...

T-man

12:23 PM  
Blogger Toby said...

Four paws up for the butt infection!! Funny thing is, I won't eat apples either... Pears are a different story, I'll eat those.

How was the cauliflower? Was it really yummy?? I'm getting that as part of my diet too...

Toby

1:39 PM  
Blogger Buster the Wired Fox Terror said...

My favorite veggie is fennel!!!!! Oh boy just the thought.....

Bussie Kissies
Buster

3:36 PM  
Blogger Molly the Airedale said...

Hey, I like apples! We have an apple tree in our yard and I'm always hoping one or two of them will drop within my reach! I've never had cauliflower but I bet I'd like it. I'll eat almost anything! Love those pretty dishes! You guys must be awfully special to get those!

Hugs,
Maggie

3:49 PM  
Blogger MJ's doghouse said...

oh man...JUST WAIT UNTIL THE SMELLS IN YOUR HOUSE WHILE YOU DIGEST....FUNTIMES AT THE JOE STAINS HOUSE....you two are cool..I think we are having salmon and french fries for supper...well ..they are...but whatever...have a good night guys...

6:09 PM  
Blogger Myeo said...

We love cauliflowers too but we will never eat it on its own. It must be mixed with some meat. And Mama dont allow us to eat apples because it gives us gastric and we will vomit gastric juice.

Love
Boy n Baby

6:57 PM  
Blogger Boo Casanova said...

you two eat cauliflowers? ok, mom wants me to ask you this - did your mom cook the cauliflowers first or it's raw?

i eat cauliflowers too but off course mom have to process it with the "raaaaaar" machine first too.

wet wet licks

Boo

7:32 PM  
Blogger Deanna said...

You are lucky dogs! You even get to eat off of pretty plates!

12:49 AM  
Blogger Simba and Jazzi said...

Wow that food looks yummy. Mummy is a bit worried that I'm not eating at the moment. Maybe she should give me tastey food.

Simba xx

2:21 AM  
Blogger Marvin -The Hollow Hound said...

oh I like your posh plates!

Also I like apple but I only get the apple cores in this house!

I like banannas as well, but I can't spell them!

love and licks Marvin
ps I need your advice on artistic dog staining, check out my blog post today! I have been very artistic!

5:00 AM  
Blogger Studly Dudley said...

Cauliflowers?? Are you guys real dogs?? HEEHEE. I haven't had a cauliflower before but veggies in general are not manly enough for boodog consumption. I LOVE FUJI APPLES though!! In the summer (back when I was just a wee pup.. sigh) I wouldn't chase tennis balls.. but I would chase apples! Mum would bring out an apple onto the lawn and throw it for me.. and I would chase it, take a bite and bring it back.. Mum would throw it again.. good ol' days.

However, that blendy apple mush looks really tasty. YOu're lucky your Mum watches the food network.. maybe next she can make you some sort of Joey-only dessert (no doofuses allowed to eat!)

Cheerio!
Dudley

9:36 AM  
Blogger Gus said...

Teka loves bananas. She can hear when one breaks away from the bunch, and she goes running. We also like frozen peas (still frozen) and those yummy little carrots too. We are anxious to find out how the cauliflower worked, cause we had some reallly baaad smells when we ate broccoli..to say nothing of green spots in our poop!

11:15 AM  
Blogger Joe Stains said...

Sunshade – I think this goes to show how deprived of treats we are! We did have squash, the day before Tanner went to the vet, but just a spoonful. If mom would have known I would have got a lot more!

Tman – I am telling you, get yourself a butt infection and the world changes!

Toby – hmm I will tell my mom to get pears. The cauliflowers were GREAT!

Buster – fennel? Mom knows what that is but I am clueless, she will add it to her list!

Maggie – wow, I wonder maybe if mom just bought the wrong kind of apples? We got those dishes because they are plastic, mom is worried we would break her nice dishes.

Mj – oh man the gas has been fabulous. I would take French fries over this health crap anyday!!

Boy and baby- woah, luckily we didn’t vomit after our apples!! I did love those cauliflowers tho.

Boo – we ate them raw! Mom was surprised too!!

Cubby – ya mom treats us pretty well

Simba – you have to demand this good food!!!

Marvin – thanks, we have some bananananas too but mom said they are not ready yet because they are still green. This human food is complicated!

Dudley - This just shows you that we should be getting more good treats and because we don’t we will eat anything! That apple game sounds fun! We have a grapefruit tree, but I don’t think I would like to eat those.

Gus – oh ya it was gassy in here last night! Mom has added peas to her list! We have bananananas but they are still green.

11:59 AM  
Blogger Boston Love said...

Tanner - hope your rear end gets better soon. You hounds are eating healthier than we do humans do!!! Enjoy the goodies boys.

12:47 PM  
Blogger wally said...

joe--

cauliflower? really? i eat anything but even i hesitate with the cauliflower.

but i LOVE mapples--how can you not like mapples? and i'd like to second miss sunshade's vote for mumpkin--one of my faves.

wally.

5:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home