Joe Stains

This is the blog of an angry old boston terrier. (and his little brother Tanner who gets to post every Tuesday)

Tuesday, January 02, 2007

deep thoughts, by joe stains

New years is a time to look back and a time to look forward and set some goals.

cold rainy day wear

Last year, I guess I could have been nicer to Tanner. I guess I could have been more of a big brother and less of a big jerk. So this year I swear I will work on this. However, that means he needs to resolve to be less of a pain in the butt!

Other things that I am determined to improve upon in 2007:

1. I WILL figure out what is living under our shed.
2. I will try to not wake up at 5am and cry at the door to be let out to take a crap because I know this makes dad mad.
3. My bird catching skills. I have been soooo close sooo many times.
4. Convincing Mom and Dad that baths are just for Tanner, not for me.
5. Try not to cry when I turn 8 and become officially considered geriatric. *sigh*

And also, speaking of my birthday. Let me tell you how horrible my life is. My Dad, who has had me since I was 8 weeks old does NOT KNOW what my birthday is. My mom, who did not know me until I was 1 year old, can remember seeing my puppy papers and says my birthday is March 6th. Dad says March 9th. (mom would like to point out she is probably right and since she is typing we will humor her) So, why don't we just look on the puppy papers? WELL because they are at my grandparen't house in a box SOMEWHERE. This is vital information and they BETTER find it soon because I want to get lots of birthday love! If they don't I am officially declaring it to be March 6th.

I just got to the end of this and realized that Boy and Baby tagged me. How funny I did 5! I don't know who out there is left to tag! The game is to list down 5 New Year Resolutions and then to tag 5 more friends.

Here is a great video of the doofus 'burying' his bone in his house.

I will tag my human friend Noah

24 Stains:

Blogger Little Buster said...

I'm going to be one year old March 27th. That officially makes me much younger than you. Ah, the joys of youth.

6:46 PM  
Blogger A&S said...

joey,
pick march 6 because it is sooner, and then you can get your presents earlier!!

akira & shiro

7:22 PM  
Blogger T-man Angel said...

Joey, you're look a bit like the ayatollah in that picture. Are you standing in for him in his absence?

T-man

7:33 PM  
Blogger Buster the Wired Fox Terror said...

I say you look like obe wan kenobe in that picture. the force be with you!

8 is young! You need to celebrate both days, that way neither of the rents has to admit they are wrong. That way you get credit for being so nice, and you get more stuff!

Bussie Kissies
Buster

7:41 PM  
Blogger Khady Lynn said...

Hey Joe!

I just wanted to stop over and say Happy New Year to you! I sure hope you have a great year, and I promise to keep the snow gods away from Tempe!!

Holly

7:52 PM  
Blogger Gus said...

Hey: poor doofus was working so hard that his little nose is pink! Cut him some slack, he's just a baby. (they say that about Teka too!)

gussie

8:14 PM  
Blogger Huskee and Hershey said...

Hi Joey,
If they still can't find the papers, I suggest you take BOTH 6 and 9 March as your barkday.. Then you get double the dosage of lovin'.. I'm sure Tanner won't get this!!

8:50 PM  
Blogger noahboah said...

I think the whole first week in march you should celebrate joey-palooza!!! Gifts every day! (and tanner gets sent to grams)

8:58 PM  
Blogger Fu Fu said...

Hey Joey, cute pic of you there. :) Were you cold? Happy new year to you. Maybe you can pick both 6th & 9th March to be your birthday then you can celebrate twice. ;)

~ fufu

9:03 PM  
Blogger MJ's doghouse said...

My idea would be subtract 6 from 9 and celebrate on the 3rd....and i like you newyears resolutions...i havent decided mine yet...but i think i will do my best to make sure no food is ever wasted....and no couch is ever empty...you know..the important things....I love you guys..have a great new years

10:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ahh.... better look for that pesky paper fast.. else you may miss out on the tons of well-wishes, birthday cake and presents!!

oh.. and not forgetting happy new years to you and your family too!

licks, kingsley

12:30 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

everyone else is just plain wrong ... have TWO birthdays!! One on the 6th and one on the 9th! Then both humans can be right!

1:03 AM  
Blogger Toby said...

Hey Joey,

I also think you should consider making the 6th AND the 9th your birthday. That means TWO cakes and DOUBLE the pressies!!!

Toby

1:37 AM  
Blogger Simba and Jazzi said...

8 years old, well you don't look a day over 4. Is the towel on your head look in this season? My Daddy had that look for New years eve.

Simba xx

3:18 AM  
Blogger Molly the Airedale said...

Hey Doofus,
Are you in China yet? hehehe
Love the video! I think you should choose the 6th too - it's closer!

Love ya lots,
Maggie

3:52 AM  
Blogger Sunshade said...

I like your idea from before, celebrate BOTH March 6th, and 9th. I wonder who read the number upset down? Mom or dad?

Love nibbles,
Miss Sunshade

4:49 AM  
Blogger Boo Casanova said...

wow joey,

those are some nice resolutions you got there. make sure you keep it okay?

as for your barkday, i think i'm gonna put it as 6March. :-) It's always better to get presents earlier.

wet wet licks

Boo

6:36 AM  
Blogger The Army of Four said...

TWO birthdays! TWO birthdays! It's only fair!
Play bows,
Zim

7:34 AM  
Blogger Myeo said...

Hopefully they find the papers soon but at least we know that your barkday is in March :)

And what can we say about Doofus..he is really a doofus..haha

Love
Boy n Baby

8:56 AM  
Blogger wally said...

joe--you should celebrate from march 6th through the 9th! though i celebrate a burpday month in february.

wally.

ps. i 'bury' things like the doofus does. does that make ME a doofus?

11:31 AM  
Blogger Loui (and his mum!) said...

My mum says my birthday is in March too!

Mum says she is going to be like our Queen and have 2 birthdays every year so why don't you too?

Loui xx

4:33 PM  
Blogger Justin said...

Happy New Year Joe!!
Some really nice things to look at in 2007!!

And hey, I have arranged for a Dog Of The Week Contest!. plz check out my blog for more details..
or else tell your Momma to check it.

Thank you.

12:08 AM  
Blogger fee said...

happy new year joe! since no one knows for certain, can you make your birthday 31 dec so that you can turn eight a few months later?

loves,
fee

9:33 AM  
Blogger Murphey said...

I am in awe of your 5 am wake up call, I generally let my lady sleep in till 6 am, even on the weekends. Don't they realize how lucky they are to have us to ensure they get up in time for their days> But my lady doesn't seem to appreciate it, wonder why?!

Murph the dog

10:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home