Joe Stains

This is the blog of an angry old boston terrier. (and his little brother Tanner who gets to post every Tuesday)

Saturday, March 17, 2007

The doofus!

Tanner is feeling better, so now Mom has to try to keep him from running all over the place and tearing his sutures apart. Good luck with that one. We have to take the bandage off tomorrow, so I am guessing that soon you will be seeing a cone head tanner because there is no way he won't be licking that stuff. Mom bought some of that natural bitter stuff and she seems to think that if she blots a little above and below the ouchy spot he might not lick. I dunno about that.

sleepy

He was a little bit sleepy still last night, but then at about midnight he was WIDE awake. He was up until 2am! Mom was so not happy! Luckily she had some DVDs to watch. Then he was awake again at 7am!!! He has been up ever since, eating, drinking, running around and everytime he starts running and jumping mom is like No No No!!! So she bought him a new nylabone so maybe he will sit still.

trying to keep him busy

he wants to run all over

messy bandage
He totally has his bandage filthy.

feeling better
Mom will leave the room for two seconds and find that he has jumped up on the back of the couch. He is such a doofus.

So, soon my friends I think you will be seeing a doofus face in an E-collar!!!!

Thanks everyone for your kinds words. Mom didn't even barf!!!

23 Stains:

Blogger Lacey said...

We're glad Tanner is home and back to being his normal self. Hopefully when the results come back, it won't be anything serious.

Tanner - don't lick your leg or chew your bandage, or they will make you wear the scary cone. On second thought, you may be able to scare Joey that way.

2:52 PM  
Blogger Duke said...

Poor Tanner! Be a good boy or you'll get the lampshade and Joey will make awful fun of you!

Love ya lots,
Maggie

3:43 PM  
Blogger Peanut said...

Oh a conehead Doofus might be cute. Hey do you guys like those nylabone things? My mom says I need something I can chew on for a long time and is thinking of getting me one of those.

3:53 PM  
Blogger Emily and Ike said...

I told you you would get the cone!!!!
Ike

3:56 PM  
Blogger jenn said...

I really like that last picture of Tanner on the back of the couch. He looks good.

I'm not allowed there at my house. Boo on my mom. Plus, I'm a bit swarthy so I can't balance well.

♥ Saidie

4:44 PM  
Blogger Gus said...

Joey: I gots lots of socks left from when I had my owie. I could let Tanner use them! He can have the pink ones and the yellow ones, I am keeping the blue baseball ones. Generous to a fault, that's me!

5:34 PM  
Blogger T-man Angel said...

Uh-oh, it sounds like Tanner will be in e-collar jail very soon!

T-man

9:02 PM  
Blogger Cash said...

Aaaawwwww, poor Tanner....so glad he is back home...and doing well.
xoxo,
Jasper

9:19 PM  
Blogger Nugget said...

Nice pose on the sofa Tanner! Glad your feeling better. Hopefully Sunday will a nice sunny day and you can go out for a good healing sunning.

9:45 PM  
Blogger Luckie Girl said...

Tanner, your bandages look like they have been on you for months and not days. Yikes, not the cone!! I had to wear tat for 2 days after my spaying. I looked ridiculous and couldn't see where I was going. Ended up bumping into Mom's leg so often she had bruises so she took it off me. haha

11:05 PM  
Blogger Joey said...

Glad to hear Tanner is up and running!
Will he be able to type for Tanner Tuesday with a bandaged paw?

1:19 AM  
Blogger e said...

Get Well soon, Tanner.
Love
Fei

3:52 AM  
Blogger Boo Casanova said...

oh those bandage sure filthy. joey, are you sure you have nothing to do with that?

not that i'm bad or anything but i really would like to see how's the wound like!

wet wet licks

Boo

5:38 AM  
Blogger Marvin -The Hollow Hound said...

awwww! He looks so sweet in the last picture.

Doofus Tanner, poor wee soul!

So glad he is home and well, even if he is playing up a bit for your Mama!

At least this means he will be back to Normal Tanner (well as far as Normal is Normal to Tanner The Doofus!) Jeannie loves him though!

love and licks Marvin xxxxx

7:14 AM  
Blogger Sophie Brador said...

Great couch pic!

7:34 AM  
Blogger Ferndoggle said...

OH NO! Not the cone! Funny for us to look at...not so funny for Tanner to wear! I'm sure Joey will have fun with that for a few days!

Ferndoggle & The Dogs

7:56 AM  
Blogger Myeo said...

Poor Tanner. First the bandage then the E collar. Joey, think you got to be nice to Tanner for a while at least.

Love
Boy n Baby

9:22 AM  
Blogger Ruby Cupcake said...

Oh Tanner! You're going to feel great in no time. If you get the cone my Mom says that will be cute-so maybe it's not so bad? Cute is always good.

Cupcake Kisses
Ruby

9:43 AM  
Blogger leah said...

hey joey, maybe you should let tanner blog on a sunday. i'm sure it would help him feel better!

i'm glad he's ok and i hope the news keeps getting better!

11:27 AM  
Blogger Oscar's mummy and daddy said...

Yep, that's what I was like the day after my op - full of beans again! Lampshade head here we come!

Licks
Oscar x

11:51 AM  
Blogger wally said...

The bandages are stylin' and the filthiness just ups the street cred. Glad everyone's feel better and good to hear there was NO BARFING. There was at our house but that was just cuz my sister swallowed a HUGE chunk of her bully stick.

wally.

2:49 PM  
Blogger Lillie Valentine said...

Oh, Tanner! My heart just breaks when I see you feeling so sad. Be a good boy for your momma so she doesn't get mad at you. Sending lots of love your way!

3:28 PM  
Blogger Deanna said...

I can't wait to see the cone pictures!

9:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home