Joe Stains

This is the blog of an angry old boston terrier. (and his little brother Tanner who gets to post every Tuesday)

Monday, October 27, 2008

monday funday!

Mom was off work today and she used her crock pot to cook some stew. I like to call that thing the torture device, because you smell delicious food ALL DAY but rarely do I get to eat any.

But look what came out of the toaster oven today...




My, that looks rather delicious. Mom let it sit on the counter for a YEAR then when it was cool she started chopping it up.

Then guess what, SHE FED IT TO TANNER AND I?!?!?! She made that just for us! That was because we were very sad about our Steelers losing yesterday. So while they lost, I am off the hook for snuggling AND I got some delicious squash-ables.

Since Mom was home all day I got to do some sunning...




Just because Mom is home, doesn't mean I am going to cooperate in her photo taking. I learned from the Army of Four about photo taking!

Finally, while I was sunning, Scooter and Tanner were 'practicing' some cargo drops...

C130CargoDrop

I am sorry to anyone in California or New Mexico who got unexpected drops. I also apologize to anyone missing a cat...

37 Stains:

Blogger MJ's doghouse said...

oh man....that is too funny..but mom thinks maybe some people who like cats are not going to be very happy...i would let you take carter...but zippy stays dudes.

6:44 PM  
Blogger Lacey said...

We like it when our girl uses the crock pot. Even though we are tortured with the yummy smells all day, she usually lets us have a taste when she gets home. That squash looks really yummy. We have one on our counter that we think our girl should cook for us now.
Comet and BLU

7:00 PM  
Blogger Peanut said...

haha on the cargo drop. I want some squash that looks good

7:43 PM  
Blogger Moco said...

It is always good to have mom at home. They give out cool treats. We are looking forward to getting our Hal-o-weinie drop from Tanner and Scooter. We have been outside looking up everyday for practice. No cats dropped on us though.

7:45 PM  
Blogger Gus said...

mmmmm...yummy squashables. I sure hope Tanner and Scooter know what they are doin'

gussie

7:45 PM  
Blogger Sunny,Scooter, (sometimes Jamie) said...

I don't know about you Joey, but those two worry me sometimes!!!
Your squash looks delish!
Sorry about your Steelers..
Hugs
Sunny

8:16 PM  
Blogger Huskee and Hershey said...

WAHAHA... that pic on the cargo drop is too funny... I hope no cat was hurt in the process!! Do they have Paw-rachutes?

8:37 PM  
Blogger Lorenza said...

Are those the "treats" they will be delivering??
Kisses and hugs
Lorenza

8:56 PM  
Blogger Boo Casanova said...

how come i don't get to sunning like you joey. i want my sunning time.

wet wet licks

Boo

9:01 PM  
Blogger Sophie Brador said...

They're dropping cats?! Better not drop any cats on me.
xo
SB

9:15 PM  
Blogger Lacy said...

w00f's Joey and Tanner, me iz patiently waiting on me candy..dat squash looks yummmlicious....me likes it when mama cooks toooo..

b safe,
~rocky~

pps, me thinks scooter and tanner will b ok...

10:25 PM  
Blogger Amber-Mae said...

Wow, what's that toasted thing? Looks delish! Oh my! Who's that poor cat who flew off from the plane? I hope it landed safely on ground & uninjured. Hee!

Butt wiggles,
Solid Gold Dancer

12:24 AM  
Blogger BrandytheGreat said...

Ooh! Whatever that is, it looks delish!!!!!!!!!

1:36 AM  
Blogger Noah the Airedale said...

Matie, that pumpkin looks fab. You'll never believe it but we got pumpkin too. Cooked in the BBQ.
Sounds like the Steelers losing might be a good thing....kinda.

tailwags
Noah x

2:15 AM  
Blogger Snowball said...

Are you sending everypup a cat along with the candies?

Luv
Snowball

2:20 AM  
Blogger Molly the Airedale said...

You guys have all the luck! We get teeny tastes of squash - never the whole thing! We need to come and live with you!

Love ya lots,
Maggie and Mitch

2:26 AM  
Blogger Simba and Jazzi said...

I wonder how lives those cats have left now lol.

Simba x

2:27 AM  
Blogger Lola Smiles said...

please Tanner, no fat kitteys here. We're infested right now with them roaming our yard. :(

I bet ya that squash was yummy

2:30 AM  
Blogger Girl Girl Hamster said...

Oh that sure looks very yummy. Haa what cute ways Tanner have to drop cargo

~ Girl girl

2:48 AM  
Blogger NAK and The Residents of The Khottage Now With KhattleDog! said...

Good work Joey!

As for Doofus and Skhooter -

I'm still a little skhared about those two in something THAT big -

A small balsa one might have been safer fur all!

Hugz&Khysses,
Khyra

3:04 AM  
Blogger umekotyan said...

Good evening tanner.
The present from the aircraft is the highest idea.
And, the rotation of the cat is an exactly real thing. :)

from loved ume tyan

4:44 AM  
Blogger The WriggleButts said...

Tee hee... That looks yummy!

Bajas

6:10 AM  
Blogger Ozzie, Rocky and Lola said...

That squash looked yummy! Hope you two enjoyed it!
Looks like things are going pretty good for the Twinners!
Ozzie & Rocky

7:10 AM  
Blogger Abby said...

Hi, Joey...

That squash looks yummy...You must have made your Mom feel guilty for leaving you...

I think Tanner & Scooter will be getting some nasty-grams from cat lovers...

Abby xxxooo

7:30 AM  
Blogger Dexter said...

Oh dear. Hope nobody got hurt by those kitties from the sky.

Slobbers,
Mango

11:46 AM  
Blogger Bobo the Boston Terrier said...

Looks good! My mom is too lazy to make stew!

12:02 PM  
Blogger Mack said...

Wow that squash looks deelish!

1:24 PM  
Blogger wally said...

Ooooh. Thank goodness you didn't drop those cats on ME! That squash looks SO GOOD and you totally deserved it. I was pretty mad that the stinkin' Giants won. And I didn't even get squash! Even though the D&%^$& World Series isn't even over yet! Hurry up so we can riot! Stupid rain.

wally t.

3:51 PM  
Blogger Isabella said...

That squash looks pretty darn good! And to think I have never gotten to taste something that looks that yummy. My Humans are junk food addicts...sigh...

4:15 PM  
Blogger Stella said...

Say Joe, that squash looks very good to me. My Mom makes it for us (she likes it too) and sometimes she makes two big ones and freezes the chop ups for another day.

You should tell your Mom that my Mom is re-tired and doesn't go to work anymore. She is around most of the day, and if I want a hug or pet, I just let her know. Your Mom could get re-tired too, and spend all day with you boys! Would that be fun or what?

Kisses, Stella

4:59 PM  
Blogger I is Jake said...

Hai Joe and Tanner! Oh oh oh yoo took kittys? Did yoo play wif them? Mine wont play wif me at all, they like to make that loud HISS noise at me. Yoo know what though, it makes me run around even more!

OHBOYOHBOYOHBOY!!

::springs in my feet::
::springs in my feet::

I is Jake!

5:14 PM  
Blogger Lindsay said...

WOAH!!!! I didn't know Tanner and Scooter had CATS!!! I desperately want a cat. I would rather have a cat than candy. Rather than chocolate, even! Is it too late to change my order???

Brown dog kisses,
Dannan

9:55 PM  
Blogger BenTheRotti said...

That squash looks great! Mum is making the kids stuffed Butternut Squash for lunch later today, Maybe if I put my sweetest doe eyes on I will get some too!!

That practice drop went well then BOL!! Those guys just crack me up!!

love and tailwags,

Ben xxxxx

1:26 AM  
Blogger Lady Kaos said...

Wow! An entire squash for you? that is so cool!
If they need another practice round I have a catborther they can borrow!
Kaos

9:38 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tanner,

Besides some candy could I also get a Happy Meal

Hugs, bellyrubs, smoochies

Pearl

1:17 PM  
Blogger Charlie Daniels said...

BOL at the C-A-T's ;-)

Cheers

Charlie

7:16 PM  
Blogger The Army of Four said...

That squash looks like a bone. Half a bone. Or am I just hungry?
Great job on the photo!
Tail wags,
Storms

12:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home