Joe Stains

This is the blog of an angry old boston terrier. (and his little brother Tanner who gets to post every Tuesday)

Thursday, October 23, 2008

In my absence...

I am not sure if you guys know but in just TWO weeks Mom and Dad are going on their honeymoon to the Netherlands and Belgium. For the new dogs, Mom and Dad got married this past June. It only took them 8 years of being together before they got married, so its no surprise it took them 5 months to go on the honeymoon after the wedding.

So they got out the big suitcase...




Tanner and I are helping them pack. I had to explain to Tanner that a honeymoon is when they go and be all smoochy smoochy like this! We certainly don't want to go if they are doing THAT. However, we will help them pack...




What do you think they need more, the corn or the keys???? We will be at my Grandparent's house eating LOTS of treats. The only thing is, I will be gone for a WEEK! A WEEK with no blogging, no dog friends, no Twitter, and NO SOPHIE!!!!!!!!!!!!

sophie
Sophie is my girlfriend. I am Sophie's number ONE boyfriend. She has quite a few boyfriends, so being NUMBER ONE is quite a distinction. However, in my absence she will need a new number one... I declare my buddy Wally number one while I am gone.

wally
Wally, starting November 8th you are officially number one. THE MINUTE I RETURN you will relinquish that status immediately. Take good care of my Sophie!! *sob*

40 Stains:

Blogger Sophie Brador said...

My darling Joe! I hope Wally is up to it. Being the tough dude he is, I'm sure he will rise to the occasion; if not in stature, at least in spirit.

I will miss you loads and loads.
xo
SB

7:19 PM  
Blogger Boo Casanova said...

wow, i bet your human must be super excited about their europe trip. how you wish they could bring you too.

wet wet licks

Boo

7:32 PM  
Blogger Emily and Ike said...

Oh lord ... what are we going to do?
Ike
PS - hope your rents have fun!

7:37 PM  
Blogger Nazila Merati said...

Joe,

Are you mom and dad going to Brussels? If so, nmom and T mom have some chocolate ideas for them. Tmom goes to Brussels all the time just to buy chocolate. She likes the airport too, she's sort of funny that way.

ernest

8:02 PM  
Blogger Sunny,Scooter, (sometimes Jamie) said...

Joe. Are you sure you can trust him?? Just askin...hope it all goes well.
Hugs & Hi 5s
Sunny & Scooter

8:25 PM  
Blogger Helios said...

You actually smooched Tanner to show him what your mom and dad are gonna do?? Did you brush your teeth after that?

Tell your pawrents to bring back lots of honey from the moon!

8:30 PM  
Blogger B said...

I hope your parents have lots of fun and you can certainly have a ride on my sled as soon as there is snow but make sure to wear a jacket or two. Minnesota gets pretty cold...

Arabella

9:04 PM  
Blogger Huskee and Hershey said...

Hi Joey,
You are such a thoughtful boyfriend! Sophie is so lucky to have you as her #1 boyfriend cos you sure take good care of her!
I hope your parents have a great honeymoon (I enjoyed my honeymoon with Baby)..
We will miss you!!

9:23 PM  
Blogger Ruby Bleu said...

I can't think of a better #2...let's just hope he will give her back!!!

Lots of Licks, Ruby

P(ee)S: I sure hope your pawrents bring you lots of cool prezzies back!!!

Oh, and I'll miss you guys!!!

10:43 PM  
Blogger Amber-Mae said...

Oh Joey & Tanner! We're gonna miss you. Why can't the hoomans take you both along? Then you guys can celebrate with them & not miss out on all the great food & fun they're gonna have. I think that's more of a honeymoon celebration if you ask me! Agree?

Butt wiggles,
Solid Gold Dancer

10:57 PM  
Blogger The WriggleButts said...

Now that sounds like a great trip! And you'll get to stuff your faces with treats!

Bajas

1:31 AM  
Blogger Simba and Jazzi said...

I hope they have a great time. Mummy and NSFF Daddy went to Amsterdam in April and they loved it. We will miss you while you are away.

Simba x

1:53 AM  
Blogger Simba and Jazzi said...

PS. Bruge is really beautiful.

Simba x

1:55 AM  
Blogger Abby said...

Hi, Joey...

I'd pack the corn & the keys...A week is a long time...I think they need both...

Make sure your Grandparents give you lots of treats...

I hope you Mom & Dad have a wonderful time...

We are sure gonna miss you while you are away...

Abby xxxooo

2:45 AM  
Blogger Molly the Airedale said...

We are super happy for your parents but we're sure going to miss you guys! We're glad to hear you'll be getting LOTS of treats at your grandparent's!

Love ya lots,
Maggie and Mitch

2:54 AM  
Blogger wally said...

Ohmydog! I feel so honored. I will most definitely take care of our Canadian sweetie. Fortunately, I like to nap a lot so she will probably be totes bored and ready for your return.

wally t.

ps. I hope your 'rents have a happy honeymoon! Sounds like a FUN trip.

3:00 AM  
Blogger Eduardo said...

I will miss you!
Hugs & Snugs
Eduardo the Snuggle Puggle

5:03 AM  
Blogger BenTheRotti said...

OMD!! How are we gonna survive a week without you guys?? I mean sheesh.. do they really NEED a honeymoon?? can they not just smooch lots at home (out of your line of sight of course)
Mum is shaking her head at me and saying that they not only need a honeymoon but they deserve one..

ok.. I guess we will muster on without you, i'm not happy though.. now if you had made ME Sophies #1 in your absense that would be a different matter altogether!

love licks and tailwags,

Ben

PeeeS Mum says I have to wish your Mom and Dad a VERY Happy Honeymoon.. I do so.. but next time can they arrange a blog secretary for their absence?

5:33 AM  
Blogger Peanut said...

Joe we will miss you. Our boy will miss Tanner Tuesday a ton.

5:48 AM  
Blogger Snowball said...

Dun worry, Joey, You will still be Sophie's #1 boyfriend when you are back.

Luv

Snowball

5:56 AM  
Blogger Gus said...

Joey....Tell your mom and dad to pack lots of warm stuff. It can be rather chilly in Belgium this time of year, and Azrizonans have skinny blood.

Also, we will miss you and Tannerer a lot. Who is gonna make muzzer laugh on Tuesday???

Kisses
Gussie

5:57 AM  
Blogger Stanislaw said...

I think our humans have a lot in common. My folks are getting married in August after 8 years of dating and then are doing this "honey moon" thing 5 months after that! What are "honey moons" anyway? They sure sound tasty. And you're telling me that dogs are not invited to the honey and moon feasting?! wTF?! You've got to find a way to get in on that.

7:47 AM  
Blogger Stella said...

Joe, I will miss you and Tanner while you are at your Grandpa and Grandma's home. You will get lots of lovies there, I bet!

All good wishes to your Mom and Dad too, for a happy honeymoon and a good trip to and fro!

Kisses,

Stella

9:33 AM  
Blogger Petra said...

Woohoo for a trip to the Netherlands! Your mom and dad are going to love it.

And of course, your guys are going to love being at your grandparents.

I can't wait to see pictures!

10:37 AM  
Blogger Mr. T-Bone Beasley said...

Ooooo a smoochy honeymoon???? Do you think they lick noses too?

Maybe you guys should just pack yourselves? I mean, what more do your humans need other than the keys, corn cob, Joe and Tanner?

Hehehe!

Slurp!
Mr. T-Bone Beasley

10:51 AM  
Blogger Moco said...

How cool is it that you get to go to the G-parents? Wally will be very good to Sophie. We just know that. You parents will have the bestest time and come back with lots of photos. Grammie and Pappy went to Holland once and enjoyed it. We will be looking forward to your return and many new recipes on your mom's cooking blog.

11:02 AM  
Blogger I is Jake said...

Hai Joe and Tanner! Yoo is not goin wif mom and dad?? Dat is not fair!! Yoo sure yoo can't sneak in the big case there? It wud be fun if yoo did!

OHBOYOHBOYOHBOY!!

::springs in my feet::
::springs in my feet::

11:38 AM  
Blogger NAK and The Residents of The Khottage Now With KhattleDog! said...

I miss woo two already -

Well, one of woo!

Behave Boys!

Hugz&Khysses,
Khyra

12:01 PM  
Blogger Dewey Dewster said...

Gee sure hope yer Mom 'n Dad have a great time on their honeymoon...that sounds like pawsome places ta go too.....but yer sure gonna miss 'em while they're gone....'n be good too.....

Dewey Dewster here.....

12:33 PM  
Blogger Lorenza said...

Hi, Joey!
OMD! A whole week without you??? This is not going to be easy!
I am sure your Mom and Dad will have a pawesome honeymoon.
Wally sure is a good choice!
Kisses and hugs
Lorenza

2:13 PM  
Blogger Mack said...

What a wonderful honeymoon!

It took my parents 10 years to get married!!


We are gonna miss you guys!!

4:18 PM  
Blogger Tadpole said...

Whoa - that's gonna be a LONG time without you. I'm glad you told us early so we can prepare ourselves....

4:48 PM  
Blogger Charlie Daniels said...

Do they play baseball in The Netherlands or something! ;-)

Cheers

Charlie

9:22 PM  
Blogger Murphy Dogg said...

No Joe for a whole week?? Or more?? I don't think I'm gonna be able to handle this, dude...
C-ya,
Murphy Dogg

7:23 AM  
Blogger Freda said...

Hey Joeys and Tanners,

You're soo luckys. You're offs to your GPeeps. All that extras foods and lovin' and stuffs.

I hopes your peeps have a greats honeys. Dads was in Neversland in 1,2 two Julys and reeeallys liked it. Hopes it's not too colds there. (OH! They're on their honeys. No probs.)

Are your peeps gonna eats lots of Belgium waffles and chocs? ∆≈ is droolin'.

Wuufs!

Ƨ

10:16 AM  
Blogger T-man's mom said...

Belgium and the Netherlands are great!! Tell your mom & dad to check out all the chocolate shops. Belgian chocolate is the BEST!

It was so thoughtful of you to put together a survival kit for your fans. It will be a lonely two weeks for us...

T-man's mom, CC-man and T-man Angel

10:51 PM  
Blogger Dexter said...

Joey, are you sure you want to leave Wally in charge of Miss Sophie? He's quite the player, you know.

Slobbers,
Mango

3:05 PM  
Blogger The Army of Four said...

Our mom and dad (and great-sisters) lived in Belgium for three years. Mom said make sure your parents drink a lot of beer, eat a lot of chocolates, and enjoy their trip to the fullest!
Whatever. We're going to miss you guys!
Play bows,
Zim

8:41 AM  
Blogger Lindsay said...

The Girl says to tell your Mom and Dad congrats on the wedding and have a great time on the honey moon!

I say, why not leave a stain of some sort in that big bag, just so they have a piece of you with them? I'm sure they'll miss you ever so much.

Brown dog kisses,
Dannan

5:11 PM  
Blogger Lady Kaos said...

A week of treats and fun at your grandparent's? That sounds fun! Hope you have fun and we'll miss you!
Kaos

9:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home