Joe Stains

This is the blog of an angry old boston terrier. (and his little brother Tanner who gets to post every Tuesday)

Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Stormy Weather

The other day it stormed here and BOY did it ever rain! We very rarely get rain here in the desert so it was pretty amazing to get SO MUCH! Here is a video out the front of my house...


rain! from Rhonda on Vimeo.




This is where I was during the storm. This is my new spot to hide out, IF the bathroom is occupied. Otherwise, I still like the bathroom for maximum protection.

You can see my shivering in this video. This may be hard to watch for those who are emotional, as you can see my terror.


shiver pants from Rhonda on Vimeo.

It has been a couple of days since it stormed last, so I have been a lot happier! I hope the storms stay away!!

42 Stains:

Blogger NAK and The Residents of The Khottage Now With KhattleDog! said...

Poor Joe!

My khousin Merdie The GoldenDoofTriever doesn't like storms either - if she's here, she'll go hide in the laundry room -

That was some impressive rain woo got!!!

Hugz&Khysses,
Khyra

6:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dude that's rough. I feel your pain brother.

7:03 PM  
Blogger Deefor said...

Boy you really look scared. I'm scared of lots of stuff too. Mostly great danes and the bark buster guy. Storms aren't too bad here lately.

Deefor

7:41 PM  
Blogger Charlie Daniels said...

G'day Joe

That's some decent rain you got there. Do you feel as safe there as you do in the bathroom?

Cheers

Charlie

7:55 PM  
Blogger Snowball said...

Hi Joey, We get such heavy rain once in a while too. Luckily, I am not too affected by thunderstorms.

There is this article that I think might help you. Have a look at it ok?

http://blog.ourdoglog.com/2008/06/is-your-dog-afraid-of-thunderstorms.html

Luv
Snowball

8:23 PM  
Blogger Peanut said...

Joe that is so sad. I hope it doesn't storm there for a long time.

8:24 PM  
Blogger Snowball said...

Hi Joey, We get such heavy rain once in a while too. Luckily, I am not too affected by thunderstorms.

There is this article that I think might help you. Have a look at it ok?

http://blog.ourdoglog.com/2008/06/is-your-dog-afraid-of-thunderstorms.html

Luv
Snowball

8:24 PM  
Blogger Ozzie, Rocky and Lola said...

Wow Joe! I hate storms too. Always have. Ozzie just sleeps on through. The grass sure looked like it was enjoying the rain. The cars sure do zoom down that street. You guys be careful. That is probably alot more dangerous than the thunder that we are so afraid of!
Rocky

8:28 PM  
Blogger Sophie Brador said...

Joey, I can hardly stand it. It makes we want to cuddle you during every one of those horrible storms. Just think of me when it happens. I'm going to send you some special storm fighting stuff.

xo
SB

8:36 PM  
Blogger Lorenza said...

Hi, Joey!
You got lots of rain!
Thankfully that does not happen very often for you because you look really scared in that video!
I hope you had a happy day!
Kisses and hugs
Lorenza

8:39 PM  
Blogger Toffee said...

I just came over to say hi. My mom is too exhausted to help me type but I wanted to say hi

8:57 PM  
Blogger Huskee and Hershey said...

Hi Joey,
Awww.. while mom was watching the video, she just wanted to hold you and cuddle you tight! Where was Tanner??

9:08 PM  
Blogger Myeo said...

We hope the storm will never come back. You really look very frightened.

Love
Boy n Baby

9:15 PM  
Blogger Princess Eva and Brice said...

That was a lot of rain. I'm glad that you survived.

Princess Eva

9:24 PM  
Blogger Amber-Mae said...

Oh you poor thing. Come on Joey. Be a MAN! Face your fears! Conquer your fears! Embrace it!

Butt wiggles,
Solid Gold Dancer

11:30 PM  
Blogger Girl Girl Hamster said...

Oh dear.. that looks really scary.. I'm glad the weather is better for you now

~ Girl girl

11:33 PM  
Blogger Lacy said...

w00f's Joe and Tanner, we had dat nasty weather last week...bad storms everday..

b safe,
~rocky~

12:05 AM  
Blogger Simba and Jazzi said...

Poor thing! Storms can be very scary. I hope they stay away from your house.

Simba x

1:05 AM  
Blogger Molly the Airedale said...

Boy, that rain is really comin' down! It's so sad to see you so upset, Joey! Why did storms ever have to be invented?!

Love ya lots,
Maggie and Mitch

2:09 AM  
Blogger Cassidy said...

Oh, big Harry would be REALLY scared of that too!

Nibbles
Cassidy x

2:48 AM  
Blogger Abby said...

Hi, Joey...

OMdoG...You were sooo scared...Someone needed to get out of the bathroom so you could feel safer...

I hope it stopped storming...

Abby xxxooo

3:15 AM  
Blogger wally said...

Aw Joe,

I do the same thing. Since we are both totally tuff dudes you know that thunder is nothing to be messed with.

wally t.

4:08 AM  
Blogger Mack said...

Joe,
I feel for ya dude.
We haven't had many storms here lately - I've been lucky this summer.

Your collar totally rocks, BTW

4:29 AM  
Blogger Murphy Dogg said...

Hey Joe,
Don't you live in Arizona? You get rains like that in the desert?? Is it because of global warming? If it is, maybe you should complain to Al Gore about the storms and he can fix it for you.
C-ya,
Murphy Dogg

6:03 AM  
Blogger Gus said...

Joey: thanks for the video, folks have been telling us about the rains, but this realy looks serrrous. You were smart to take cover.

gussie

6:11 AM  
Blogger Frankie Girl, Maddie and Domino said...

Joe,

What a crazy down pour in Tempe!
Wow that is rare! I hope
those storms stay away for you
so there will be no more shiver
pants, thats not fun.

Take care Joe!

xoxoxo,
Frankie Girrrrrrrrrl

6:58 AM  
Blogger Ferndoggle said...

Oh my Joey! That video was really hard to watch b/c I do the same thing. I actually jump in Mom's lap and shake. That's the safest spot in the house...

Lola

8:24 AM  
Blogger BrandytheGreat said...

Aww, i dont quite like thunderstorms and lightnings and alll that stuff either.

8:33 AM  
Blogger Mr. T-Bone Beasley said...

Joe!

This has been my first monsoon ever! And I decided that I don't really like the rain. I don't hate it, but I don't enjoy rain drops fallin on my head. The good news is that I don't mind the thunder!

It's been nasty hot these past couple days huh? Yuck! Still sun bathing?

Slurp!
Mr. T-Bone Beasley

8:52 AM  
Blogger The Army of Four said...

I don't mind rain, but thunder and lightning MUST be out-lawed!
Tail wags,
Storms
PS: Firecrackers, too.

9:23 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is PAW-thetic! Bad enough a storm but your upright videos you shaking, instead of holding you and giving you the love you deserve. I think you should doing something to his coffee cup, if ya know what I mean :) :)

11:25 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Ahh, poor Joey! You should do what I do, jump up on the sofa pretending to comfort your Mommy and pant until drool drops off your tongue. It's so hot here, I wish it would rain like that. Supposed to feel like 100 degrees tomorrow and I gotta tell ya, that's no fun in NYC. Sidewalks and streets get too hot for my little tootsies.

Your pal,

Petey

12:03 PM  
Blogger Petra said...

Oh, Joey, my dear friend, it breaks my heart to watch you shiver with fright. Where was your sleeping bag? Your mom needs to be covering you up, not taking pictures of you in your frightened state! Call the SS...? What is it again, I can never remember.

12:44 PM  
Blogger Dexter said...

Next time it rains, give me a call. I will come over and help you meditate. I hate to see you suffer, little dude.

Slobbers,
Mango

1:45 PM  
Blogger Lady Kaos said...

Figure out how to send the storms my way and I'll take care of them for you!!! We need rain bad! Wait, send them after this weekend. We have to get the old house painted this weekend so the buyer can get her loan approved plus Mom has a special event for work on Saturday and she doesn't want to reschedule it (she's tired of working on it).
Kaos

3:25 PM  
Blogger Lola Smiles said...

Joey!! You're making me all sad shaking like that. Poor sweetie. They should invent doggies headphones to drown out all those scary noises!!

5:08 PM  
Blogger T-man Angel said...

Joey,
You looked very brave in that picture! I didn't see you shivering at all. It's good you live in the desert though so you can avoid those storms.

T-man

6:30 PM  
Blogger vix said...

Those were horrible shakes to watch! Poor little guy!

7:54 PM  
Blogger Joey said...

oh ..u poor shivering boy.

7:23 PM  
Blogger Jackson's J1 and J2 said...

Hey pals, you want to try living in the UK! It rains like that ALL THE TIME! J x

5:04 AM  
Blogger Jen and Suki said...

Joe, that looks like a Minnesota rainstorm! I bet for someone who doesn't get much rain that would be kind scawy, but I'm pretty oblivious to weather for some reason.

12:30 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

OH dude! it's so hard to have dignity at a time like that huh? h-mom is all freaked out because when we were just walking, someone started with the FREAKIN FIRECRACKERS and i had a panic attack. she told man-dad that it looked like i was in afganistan under mortar fire ... it's going to take at least a week to live this one down. sigh. and they wonder why my PAST-PARENTS ditched me? i bet they know now that i couldn't handle a gunshot for the life of me!

7:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home