Joe Stains

This is the blog of an angry old boston terrier. (and his little brother Tanner who gets to post every Tuesday)

Thursday, July 10, 2008

A vacation from detecting...

So as you know I am trying to find Teka at the whippet's place. I am usally GREAT at being a detective and can solve a case in no time at all...but this case confounds me! I cannot find Teka! I was getting frustrated and grumpy so I asked Tanner to fly me somewhere that I could relax and maybe get a fresh angle on the case...

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
So I went to Sophie's house. She is going to Boston soon and I wanted to visit her before she goes traveling all around and possibly meeting other dogs who may be almost as handsome as me. She let me tell her all about the case and listened very patiently. She said I needed to relax, she said we should go swimming?!

Uh, I don't swim...but because relationships are about compromise I worked it out...

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
I gotta say that as scary as this was at first, it was kind of nice out there. Finally I was beginning to think a little bit clearer...

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
We went back to Sophie's for a little snuggle and a nap. Sophie and I are not so into being all lovey dovey with anyone, so this was a pretty big step for us...

I sure hope I wake up and have the mystery solved...I also hope Sophie remembers this while she is visiting all those new boy dogs...

35 Stains:

Blogger Sophie Brador said...

Aw, Joe, That is just about the cutest thing I've ever seen. I love the photo of you in the boat. Did you notice how I am following you? I hope I was able to help you with your case. You'll figure it out.

I would never forget about you! Even when I am in Boston. Although I am still confounded about why you wouldn't be there. being a Boston Terrorist and all.

xoxoxoxoxo
SB

6:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looks like you two are having a great time!

7:08 PM  
Blogger Myeo said...

We hope wou will solve the case soon and we dont think Sophie will forget you. You and her makes a perfect couple.

Love
Boy n Baby

8:05 PM  
Blogger MJ's doghouse said...

what a beauuuuuuuuuuuuutiful couple...make me miss my big man...hammmmmmmmmmmmmmm...oh mangoooooooooooooooooo

8:34 PM  
Blogger Lacy said...

w00f's Joe and Tanner, ahhh cute u and sophie together...hope u solve the case soon, cause me thinks asta needs help wiff mryna too..

b safe,
~rocky~

8:42 PM  
Blogger Princess Eva and Brice said...

It's always nice to spend time with those you love.

Princess Eva

9:23 PM  
Blogger Asta said...

Joe
That was a vewy wise thing to do..sometimes latewal thinking wowks best to solve pwoblems..and lying next to Sophie youw love is vewy latewal
smoochie kises
ASTA

9:35 PM  
Blogger Boo Casanova said...

joey, am sure you are poop now after doing so much!

wet wet licks

Boo

11:24 PM  
Blogger Girl Girl Hamster said...

So sweet of you 2 doggies to compromise and spend time with each other

~ Girl girl

12:29 AM  
Blogger Simba and Jazzi said...

Smart move getting a boat. You are busy these days.

Simba x

1:09 AM  
Blogger Kien said...

hahha.. Joe, am sure sophie will miss you so much.. u r just so cute.. err.. ok ok..handsome.. hope u solve the mystery soon..

Cheers
Rossi

2:41 AM  
Blogger Mack said...

You two make such a lovely couple. Could there be wedding plans in the near future?

4:55 AM  
Blogger Gus said...

Joe: What lovely pictures of you and Soph. I am so glad you had a chance to spend some time with her, particularly since there are some rather nice looking doggies in Bahstahn. (Archie for one)

I understand that you have to move on to Asta, and I am less worried about Teka now that we have had a phone call from her.

Thanks so much for your help.

gussie

5:34 AM  
Blogger Ferndoggle said...

I can't think of a greater girl to give you a little TLC...unless her name is Dot Spot.

Sherman

6:44 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Joey, I'm going to send you my Outward Hound lifejacket for the next time you go boating. Can't have you falling overboard and embarrassing yourself in front of Sophie!

You two do make a cute couple. (Wonder what the puppies would look like?)

Your pal,

Petey

6:48 AM  
Blogger Deefor said...

Who could forget you? Boston will only remind her of you. You sure are good with the ladies. I need advice about that. And good detective work with Tika-- hope you get some new leads-- and not the leash kind.

Deefor

7:52 AM  
Blogger BrandytheGreat said...

Aww, who would forget you? And especially after you went "swimming" with her.

8:09 AM  
Blogger Lady Kaos said...

Good luck with your case. I'm sure after a day with Sophie, you'll be able to solve it now. I love the boat picture!
Kaos

8:32 AM  
Blogger Molly the Airedale said...

Sophie's not likely to forget you, Joey! We happen to think that you're pretty unforgetable! Good for you for facing your water fears!

Love ya lots,
Maggie and Mitch

8:54 AM  
Blogger Peanut said...

I don't think anyone could forget you. What a nice time you and Sophie had

10:12 AM  
Blogger Ronak said...

I love these pictures... seriously, they should be on a postcard! I have never actually been out on the water, but I do live right by the East River in NYC and love going for walks along it. I think I'd be a little scared to actually get into the water, so I think you're very brave!

10:13 AM  
Blogger NAK and The Residents of The Khottage Now With KhattleDog! said...

Hey, what happens in Boston, stays in Boston!

Hugz&Khysses,
Khyra

11:08 AM  
Blogger Lenny said...

Hey Joe. I don't think you need to worry about handsome dogs in Boston because I am back home from my trip there, and I don't think anyone else could come even close to competing with your (and my) looks. ;)

Your friend, Lenny

11:37 AM  
Blogger The Army of Four said...

Nothing is better for refreshing the brain than a good nap! You'll have the case solved in no time!
Tail wags,
Storms

11:53 AM  
Blogger Clover said...

Joey those are the best pictures! I can tell that you and Sophie had a wonderful time together. It was so great how you compromised and went in that boat! Good for you! :)
Love Clover xo

3:38 PM  
Blogger Lorenza said...

Hi, Joey!
Sure you chose the right place to relax and clear your mind!
You are very smart! Good idea to solve that problem with the water!
Kisses and hugs
Lorenza

8:44 PM  
Blogger Moco said...

What a nice way to clear your head. It's hard to believe that you are this baffled.

3:14 AM  
Blogger Abby said...

Hi, Joey...

Did you wake up with the answer???

I'm sure Sophie will not forget about you when she is in Boston...How could anyone forget you??

Abby xxxooo

3:36 AM  
Blogger umekotyan said...

Good evening joey.
Japan also is spending hot time.
It is cool near the river and the sea.
However, lying in the sofa is a correct answer.
A wonderful weekend while thinking of ice. :)

from loved ume tyan

4:34 AM  
Blogger Scruffy, Lacie and Stanley's Place said...

Oh my Joey...we had to read and read to catch up on ur bloggie...we knew Teka was missin'...musta been from Gussie's frantic or not so frantic calls for help. So ya couldn't find her in the midst of that hooge Whippet Waggle...Hmm...they're not talkin' Joey...ya know she's there. But it wouldn't be hard to hide tiny Teka in all of the whippet madness....

You and Soph look like quite the lovepups...!!!!! GRIIINNN!!! Scruffy made me type that.

Speakin' of Scruffy...that add in the mag that Tanner was perusin'...ya know the stuff to STOP STOOL EATING? Well..it doesn't work. Nope...enuff said.

Did any of those prison dogs look like they might date?

Lotsa licks..

Lacie

9:23 AM  
Blogger Scruffy, Lacie and Stanley's Place said...

Pee Ess...Lac here again...I HAVE AN IDEA.

How bout enlisting Girl Girl's help...if she infiltrated the whippet waggle...she could investigate much smaller places and NOT BE DETECTED!!!!

Just a thought.

Lac

9:25 AM  
Blogger Petra said...

Don't worry, guy. While Sophie is in Boston, my guess is that she will be thinking of her one and only Boston terrier detective Joe.

Good luck in solving this difficult case, friend.

10:31 AM  
Blogger wally said...

Awesome. I know she's only going to Boston because it is your breed's Homeland.

wally.

12:19 PM  
Blogger Stanley said...

Man, Joe.

You and Sophie have like the maturest relationship EVER! I'm guessing that just being near the bootiful beast help to re-energize you in body and spirit!

You're one lucky dog.

Goober love & investigative smooches,
Stanley

11:03 AM  
Blogger Agatha and Archie said...

Really Joey...NOT TO WORRY...... We are jsut friends and besides all Sophie will probably do is talk about you the most handsome Mr Stains..Love gulp Archie

6:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home