Joe Stains

This is the blog of an angry old boston terrier. (and his little brother Tanner who gets to post every Tuesday)

Monday, January 07, 2008

Tidbits that make us happy!

I am feeling better today, not great, but better. A few things are really helping me to get over the Steelers blues.

We got a pawesome award from The Canine Kids and we can't say thank you enough!!!

BloggersofTheWorld
We met so many dogs from ALL OVER THE WORLD through dogs with blogs and we think that is truly the best award! We love to hear Marvin use his funny words and see the exotic food from Ume and all of our friends. We really are a truly international community!!

We also have a PARTY coming up! YOU GUYS ARE ALL INVITED!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Head on over to Gus's blog because we are hosting a SUPER BOWL PARTY!?!?!

We are so so excited. Seriously guys, its a whole weekend at our house and Gus's house. You guys better rest up because its going to be a BLAST!

As sad as I am about the Steelers I can't forget about our Mission!! and how much more sad Beau's family is.


We finally got our helmets on, Mom said we had to special order them because we have 'block heads' I don't know what that means. Opy and Charlie's Dad sent them to us special, thanks a lot!!!

We also got an award from Holly



We are sooo humbled by this. We really love to hear that our antics make people smile and laugh everyday. Sometimes we are not feeling good ourselves (LIKE TODAY AND YESTERDAY) but we get a great feeling from making other people smile.

AND FINALLY the reason I am really happy today...


At least I am not a DOOFUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

34 Stains:

Blogger Gus said...

Joey: Teka has tagged Tanner for the new tag Mackie started. Send him over to MY blog for the outline. Man...I cannot wait to see his answers!

7:43 PM  
Blogger Agatha and Archie said...

WE are so there for your party!! And it will be WARM!!!!!!!!! (you don;t have snow right??) Love A+A

7:45 PM  
Blogger Lacey said...

Not being a doofus is the best reason of all to be happy!
Comet and BLU

7:58 PM  
Blogger Lorenza said...

Hi, Joey!
Congratulations on you award! Sure you make my day... everyday!!
Glad Opy's dad found the right helmets for you two!
Kisses and hugs
Lorenza

8:05 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

A party? I can't say I watch tv but I'll come for the food and fun!

Your helmets fit really well. They look so cute...Mom cracked up at the photo of you with your mouth WAY open...Too funny!

Love, Herc

8:15 PM  
Blogger Peanut said...

Oh we already told Gus we were coming to the party. We are so excited. And yes not being a doofus is a good reason to feel better

8:42 PM  
Blogger T-man Angel said...

Hee hee, Tanner does remind me of CC-man.

I don't watch football, but would LOVE to go to your party. I'll bring chips..drooooll..... PS: don't invite my mom, or she won't let me eat them.

8:43 PM  
Blogger Snowball said...

Congratulations on the awards. You totally deserve it.

Your blog always make us smile.

Luv,
Snowball

9:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations on the awards, Joe and Tanner! :)

nice sturdy helmets :) where did you get all those books from? you should put tanner near them in case some of that knowledge rubs off on him. worth a try!

love..
chiyo

11:05 PM  
Blogger Luckie Girl said...

Good to know you are no longer feeling blue! Life's too short for us to feel down and sorrowful!

11:43 PM  
Blogger Scuba the Muscle Boy said...

Congratulations.

I miss you guys - thanks to my mom, I have been missing in action.

I hoped her New Year's resolution was to help me with my blog (she didn't say anything when I asked her so who knows!!!!)

12:18 AM  
Blogger MJ's doghouse said...

wow...you guys look great in your helmets...with this many people in the army we should find beau in no time...i hope....ummm i see you said the GUYS get to come to your super bowl party...dont you need some sexy cheergirls...

12:18 AM  
Blogger Girl Girl Hamster said...

Oh you 2 sure look ready for the mission in your helmets

You're too handsome to look doofus Joey

~ Girl girl

12:51 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats on the awards and I'm glad you're both feeling better now!

River

1:51 AM  
Blogger Boo Casanova said...

a pawty? do i have to wear a football jersey or something then?

wet wet licks

Boo

2:50 AM  
Blogger Simba and Jazzi said...

ooo a party. That sounds like fun.

Simba xx

3:02 AM  
Blogger Molly the Airedale said...

A superbowl pawty! How fun! Dad says that we can't come if the Giants are in it - he'll need us at home to cheer them on. So what should we home for, Joey! hehehehe
Me and Mitch sure love to pawty!

Love ya lots,
Maggie and Mitch

3:20 AM  
Blogger Amber-Mae said...

Nice awards boys! I wanna go to your pawty too!

Love licks,
Solid Gold Dancer

4:55 AM  
Blogger Mack said...

Block heads RULE!

5:22 AM  
Blogger umekotyan said...

Good evening joey.
Congratulations of a wonderful prize on the country of the exoticism as the representative. :)
It is a country of gold if it says by an old story.
hehehe
And, we are praying for the discovery of bear.
When does the party start?
It expects it.

from loved ume tyan

6:34 AM  
Blogger Myeo said...

You guys deserve those award!

Not only you make us smile and laugh, you make our mom smile and laugh too.

Love
Boy n Baby

6:47 AM  
Blogger Ruby Bleu said...

Joe...
Glad you are cheering up! I have to say if there is one blog that always makes me smile and I truly makes my day...well, it's yours!!!

Lots of Licks, Ruby

6:51 AM  
Blogger Marvin -The Hollow Hound said...

oh my, your Pawty sounds very interesting......I have one question though, do I have to bring a "Bowl" instead of a bottle, to a Super Bowl Pawty?

I'm not sure if my Jeannie has any Super Bowls, just regular shaped cereal bowls mostly in her cupboards.

Otherwise I am Good To Go as you guys all seem to say!

Your helmets look so good, even the Doofus scrubs up well.

love and licks, from Marvin in Scotland xxxxxxx

"Lang May Your Lum Reek" as we say here......(translated into English ....."Long May Your Chimney Smoke".

8:06 AM  
Blogger Marvin -The Hollow Hound said...

oh and well done on your award and glad you are feeling better.

8:07 AM  
Blogger Martha said...

I love your helmets - those are way cool. Congrats on your awards. Love, Martha

9:51 AM  
Blogger Petra said...

Hey, 2008 is starting out great for you, Joey! An award, a superbowl party, and you remain a non-doofus! Woo!

10:15 AM  
Blogger Moco said...

You always make me smile.

10:31 AM  
Blogger Emily and Ike said...

You will never be a doofus!
Ike

10:49 AM  
Blogger Ferndoggle said...

We just special ordered our helmets too...Mom is a doofus & STILL (after 2 years) can't figure out photoshop.

Sherman, Penny & Lola

11:01 AM  
Blogger PerfectTosca said...

Now this was an excellent tongue Shot!!!!

Congrats on your award buddy! Wish I had a helmet! I would wear it proudly because I want to be ready to rip the person who took Beau to shreds when we find him.

2:35 PM  
Blogger Asta said...

Congwatulations on not being a dofus,ummmi mean on all youw awawds!!! I don't think you awe blockheads(is that like potheads??)

you look weally official and I'm suwe you will be a vewy good big help in finding Beau!
smoochie kisses
Asta

8:02 PM  
Blogger Deefor said...

Good awards. You guys (yes, even Tanner) deserve them. I always laugh when I read your blog!

Deefor

P.S. Cool helmets.

10:03 PM  
Blogger Stanley said...

Hey, Joe!

You always have THAT to be thankful for (the not being a doofus part).

You guys always make me, Stella, & my girl bust our guts and you're so real. We LOVE that about you guys! You deserve every award out there as far as I'm concerned.

We don't have our helmets yet, but we are TOTALLY behind the mission to find Beau! I sure hope this is the year he gets to come home.

Goober love,
Stanley

5:03 PM  
Blogger Hammer said...

Hi Mates
Congratulations on your Awards !!
I think you both look real cool in your A04 Trooper helmets. Thank you for joining Stormy's mission.
Love from Hammer

4:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home