Joe Stains

This is the blog of an angry old boston terrier. (and his little brother Tanner who gets to post every Tuesday)

Sunday, January 06, 2008

Football season is OVER :(

Well, the Steelers tried, they tried hard but they just could not win.


I was so mad at that Big Ben throwing interceptions I was screaming like mad at the TV!


Even Tanner paid attention long enough to make some noise!!!


The last quarter was so intense I fell down!?!


But it was not meant to be :( The Steelers lost.


Tanner was ashamed to admit he was crying behind that bandana.


And I was just sad :(

I promise tomorrow we will have happier news. We got an award, we have a super duper party coming up with Gus and some other things.

I am going to retire to my sleeping bag to forget about football for a while...

41 Stains:

Blogger The Army of Four said...

Not only did they lose, they kept me up way past my bedtime! Woo.
Luv,
Dave

1:26 PM  
Blogger Jessica said...

Somehow that is exactly how we imagined you looked watching the game last night. That picture of your pout is the best.

Tomorrow will be a better day.
Love, Seadra and Zoe

1:27 PM  
Blogger Peanut said...

Joe we are sorry the steelers lost. We hope you feel better about it soon.

1:28 PM  
Blogger Randi said...

Hi Joe - Sorry the Steelers didn't win...you look absolutely FUR-ROCIOUS in those pics...Too bad you weren't the coach yesterday..

Love & Licks,
Randi

2:02 PM  
Blogger Sophie Brador said...

Ah Joe, I feel very sad for you. I heard it was a last minute loss too. What a bummer. Cheer up! I still think you're handsome as anything, and you sure have shiny white teeth too!

xo
SB

3:55 PM  
Blogger Gus said...

Joe: I don't know what to say, except, my dad usually ends the baseball season by saying "well, there is always next year."

keep that in mind, and maybe we can have a wake for the steelers or somethin' at the pawty

gussie

4:29 PM  
Blogger Khady Lynn said...

So sorry your team lost guys! There's always next year!

Holly

4:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hang in there. At least you didn't have to watch the Rams week after week!

And besides...it will be baseball season soon!

4:47 PM  
Blogger Mack said...

My mom says that freckle in the back of your mouth and Tanner's one black nail is simply adorable. She's so weird.

Sorry about the Steelers...

5:00 PM  
Blogger Snowball said...

I am sorry to hear that the Steelers has lost the game. I hope that they will do better for the next season.

Luv,
Snowball

5:30 PM  
Blogger Molly the Airedale said...

We're so sorry, Joey! Mom will never ever be able to watch a Steelers game without thinking of you forever and ever!
They'll do better next year, right?!

Love ya lots,
Maggie

5:39 PM  
Blogger wally said...

Sorry man. Well, you could always root for the Seahawks now?

wally

5:42 PM  
Blogger Deanna said...

We thought about you as the game proceeded. Sorry, man.

6:15 PM  
Blogger Asta said...

Joey
I was thinking of you two when Daddi watched the game and I was so upset fow you..I knew you would be weally upset..I'm vewy sowwy please cheew up I love you and don't want to see you sad and cwying.is thewe anything I can do to cheew you up??
let me know
smoochie kisses
Asta

6:36 PM  
Blogger Luckie Girl said...

Aww bummer...I feel sad for ya too. I feel your pain man....

6:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Whoa you guys sure do look angry - maybe you should email those photos to the Steelers so they can use it as motivation next season!

River

8:08 PM  
Blogger Lorenza said...

Hi, Joe!
I really thought they were going to win!
I know nothing I can say will make you feel better.
I hope tomorrow you will be again the same Joe we all know!
Have a good night
Lorenza

8:10 PM  
Blogger Scruffy, Lacie and Stanley's Place said...

Oh Tanner...don't be ashamed for crying...Scruffy's still sobbing...even Babystan (who hails from...er...Cleveland like Scruffy)howled in misery...it make you feel better inside when you let ur feelings out. Frankly, I wanted to bite someone, but the Jacksonville coach wasn't close enough...Joey...the Penquins are mighty hot right now...can you switch your sport allegiance to hockey?????

Steelers still rule in our book...
Lacie

8:24 PM  
Blogger A&S said...

siiiiiigh we're with you!

8:55 PM  
Blogger Patience-please said...

We're sorry Joe Stains. And Tanner too.
wags with low tails-
the whippets

9:42 PM  
Blogger Lacey said...

It looks like you screamed loud enough for the Steelers to actually hear you! Sorry your team lost.
Comet and BLU

10:24 PM  
Blogger Poppy said...

Wow, you guys sure are furoshus. Sorry your team lost, dude. But at least you have a cozy sleeping bag in which to drown your sorrows!

Poppy

12:05 AM  
Blogger Girl Girl Hamster said...

Oh dear. so sorry to hear the Steelers lost. You sure look very disappointed there. I hope Tanner didn't cry much

~ Girl girl

1:24 AM  
Blogger Harry said...

Oh dear boys, looks like it's been emotional at your house. I hope you're feeling better today.

Toodle pip,
Harry x

5:25 AM  
Blogger Boo Casanova said...

joey, both yours and tanner reaction says it all!

sorry about steeler's lost!

wet wet licks

Boo

5:46 AM  
Blogger Urban Smoothie Read said...

i truely understand how u feel..

i felt the same when my favourite F1 season had to end

6:39 AM  
Blogger umekotyan said...

Joey is disappointed.
Hereafter, is the sleep done?

from loved ume tyan

6:59 AM  
Blogger Amber-Mae said...

Oh no! You both look sooo depressed & angry... But it's okay boys, there's always next time right? I'm sure Steelers will do good next time. They need to be against a weaker team.

Love licks,
Solid Gold Dancer

7:52 AM  
Blogger Lady Kaos said...

I'm glad we didn't watch the game. Dad decided to let Mom decide what to watch last night.
I wonder if the Steelers know that their biggest fan is also their smallest. I love your posts about the Steelers!!
Kaos

10:06 AM  
Blogger Petra said...

What a very sad game it was; my sympathies are extended to you, dear Joe.

As a Bear's fan, I can reassure you that there's always next year.

10:08 AM  
Blogger Lacy said...

woofies Joey and Tanner, me sooo sorrwy, me nos how much u wanted dem to win...at least dey didnt haf a season likie da panthers did...

b safe,
;)lacylulu

11:26 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I am so sorry for your loss.
Ike

2:47 PM  
Blogger Khady Lynn said...

Hey Joey, I gave you an award. Check out my blog!

Holly

4:59 PM  
Blogger Ben & Darling said...

Opss...Im sorry bout the lost. I can see how mad both of u were....relax, relax....hopefully you feeling much better the next day.

5:13 PM  
Blogger Myeo said...

Oh no.. Please cheer up soon.

Love
Boy n Baby

5:34 PM  
Blogger Liza said...

Joe -

Seeing these pictures gives new meaning to rabid fan!!

Anyhow- don't be blue, after all you are a BOSTON terrier and you can help me root for BOSTON's own PATRIOTS!!!!

It won't be so bad - Dory

5:38 PM  
Blogger Asta said...

Joe and Tanner
I'm glad I was able to make you laugh..I hate to see you sad!

I'm looking fowawd to ouw weekend ..it will be gweat!

This haiw die stuff itches..I have to figoowe out how to get wid of it....Lacie and babyStan have said they wewe wong and anyone can join...NOW THEY tell me..sigh
smoochie kisses
Asta

7:27 PM  
Blogger Agatha and Archie said...

We were thinking of you guys the whole game,and when it was over PL2 jumped up and said OMG the boys are going to be so sad! and PL1 said what boys and PL2 said Joey and Tanner and PL1 just shook his head........Love A+A

7:44 PM  
Blogger Ruby Bleu said...

Oh Joe...I'm so sorry. But those are some great pictures!! maybe next year!

Lots of Licks, Ruby

6:53 AM  
Blogger Deefor said...

Sports can be heartbreaking. You guys look sooo sad. Cheer up. Maybe try the animal channel.

Deefor

9:58 PM  
Blogger Stanley said...

Joe!

You are so expressive, Joe. I'm surprised some Howlywood agent hasn't tapped into the depths of you for some great performances (though I know you weren't acting in those photos - it was pure, raw emotion)!

Bummer about the Steelers.

Goob love & bummed out smooches,
Stanley

4:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home