Joe Stains

This is the blog of an angry old boston terrier. (and his little brother Tanner who gets to post every Tuesday)

Sunday, January 20, 2008

Happy Sunday!!

How is everyone's weekend going so far? Ours has been pretty great!


I got a new collar. Mom said its very whimsical for a dog as serious as I am, but I like it. I think it will show the voters that I have a softer side.


Its got dogs of all shapes and colors!


And it makes me look VERY handsome!

On top of getting a new collar we finally benefited from all the cooking Mom does for her food blog. She made an entire chicken and before she cooked it she reached in and pulled all of this GOODNESS out of it!

giblets!!
She totally threw away the neck because she wasn't sure if it was safe for us. I KNOW some of you dogs get them but Mom said she wasn't chancing it. argh!

giblets
Mom cooked them up for us but even that was for HER.

mmmm giblet juice
She used all that yummy stuff in the bottom to add flavor to a sauce she made in that pan. BUT I am not complaining because this was our dinner...


Mine is the one without the carrots. I have decided I no longer like them, but the Doofus still gets them to keep his butt from breaking. There is one piece of heart in there for each of us and some yogurt and our supplement.


Talk about a nice dinner, THANKS MOM!


After dinner we took a nice nap


Mom even had the fire on. What a great day.

37 Stains:

Blogger Melissa said...

WOWIE!!! You just got hooked up, a new collar, delicious dinner AND a nap by the fire!!!
Licks'n'Sniffs,
China & Madie

11:39 AM  
Blogger Peanut said...

Oh nice collar. We like it. The neck would have been fine as long as it was raw. That is a nice looking dinner. Napping is good.

11:48 AM  
Blogger Charlie Kelley-Church said...

I get raw turkey neck and chicken back all the time. The key is raw. Once bones are cooked they can shatter and cut us up on the inside. Mmmmm. I'm off to beg for my meaty bone (chicken back today!)

C-K-C

12:10 PM  
Blogger Jackson's J1 and J2 said...

Love your new collar Joe, very handsome! I'm drooling at your dinner. J x

1:06 PM  
Blogger Cassidy said...

Me can't believe you no like carrots Joe! Me has frozen ones to help my teethies and gums which be sore from teething.

Me loves your new collar!

Nibbles
Cassidy x

1:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mmmmmmmmmmmmm chicken innards - bummer you missed out on the neck though I love those things!!!

The collar looks superb on you Joe.

River

1:20 PM  
Blogger powder-puff said...

Hey Joe!!

Lovin the new collar, you look very handsome in it!!!

That is a delicous looking dinner too, your mum makes you the nicest meals!!!


PEE.ss
i also saw that you said you weren't able to watch my video on my newest post. I think the other dogz are able to watch it, so i dont know whats wrong, but if you want to watch it really badly here is the youtube link :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hxz_Am7SMec


have a great day joe!

peace out
puff

1:40 PM  
Blogger Frasier said...

That sounds like a dream day!!!
Now if only a squirrel would hop right into your mouth!
Frasier

1:51 PM  
Blogger Sophie Brador said...

JOey, YOu are very handsome in your new collar. Mom says that a turkey neck would probably be too much for you guys. I get them all the time, but when we had my sister, who was only 50 lbs., she couldn't poop out a turkey neck, so she got chicken necks instead. That might be more your speed too.

Mom wants to know what kind of kibble you eat, that you can mix withe yogurt and stuff. She thinks it would be nice to give yogurt too, since I like it lots, but she always thought she couldn't give it to me with kibble. Why? Who knows.

1:51 PM  
Blogger COL. Sam ASTA-fari Joe H. Pinkerton Peabody, Esq said...

Hey Joe,

Chicken and turkey necks are good for you and your teeth! We eat raw food often. You just don't want to eat those bones after they have been cooked, that is when they are dangerous.

Your photos are making me hungry!

Your collar is quite fitting for a dog of your stature.

2:15 PM  
Blogger Jessica said...

We LOVE the new collar and yes you look VERY handsome in it. Did Tanner get one too?

We want a fireplace. It looks heavenly.

Love, Seadra and Zoe

2:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Joe & Tanner

My name is Opal and I belong to Nanny, she told me to say thank you about the pop corn, so thank you.

Nanny said your blog is very funny, looking forward to reading it as soon as I learn to read, say high to your brudder Mr. Tanner.

Hugs and Belly rubs

Opal & Nanny

3:22 PM  
Blogger Molly the Airedale said...

Love your collar and we love the pictures of your dinner! OMG the pictures are so crystal clear we can almost taste it!
Hey Joey, everytime mom tries to view your mom's blog, she gets thrown offline! This is making mom mental! Does this happen to anyone else that you know of?

Love ya lots,
Maggie and Mitch

4:24 PM  
Blogger Ozzie, Rocky and Lola said...

We love the new collar Joe. Makes you look very vice presidental!
Dinner looked pretty good-but she was kinda skimpy with the chicken innards! Maybe she's gonna do something creative with the rest of it for you tomorrow, a pate or something like that...
Thanks for the advice on the backwards sneeze. Mom has done both the cover the nose and the tongue depression moves. The tonge depression is the fastest. I try not to bite down too hard but sometimes I just can't help myself. But boy it sure does bring quick relief!
Have a good one guyz,
Ozzie

5:08 PM  
Blogger Ruby Bleu said...

How very gourmet!!! Yummo!!! And your collar really does bring out your softer side...that will really play well in the swing states!

Lots of Licks, Ruby

5:10 PM  
Blogger MJ's doghouse said...

MY MOM SHREDS MY CARROTS TO TRICK ME INTO THINKING IT IS SHREDDED CHEESE...I DONT KNOW IF I KNOW THE DIFFERENCE..BUT IT MAKES THEM EASIER TO EAT...SO WHATEVER...I LOVE YOUR NEW COLLAR JOE....

5:23 PM  
Blogger The Airechicks said...

What a wonderful collar for working the folks on the road to the Whitehouse with Tad - what a handsome couple of canidates.....

Mom said you're gonna have to kiss alot of babes or was that babies....Who cares just alot of kissin'

What are you guys gonna do on the road is your Mom the personal chef?

Let us know when your guys will be in the Dallas Fort Worth area...we'd like to come and hear you speak....


XXXoooXXXooooxxxooo

6:07 PM  
Blogger Patience-please said...

The term "butt breaking" causes our Silly Senile Servant to convulse in laughter every time.
We have a funny raw story in our book, maybe we should post it in the bloggy.
And we were glad to see the extreme close up extends to doggy dinners, too.

wags from the whippets (pee ess thanks for making the servant giggle - she's way worried about our poorly manservant and has been privately leaking from her eyes)

6:12 PM  
Blogger Agatha and Archie said...

Dude,you are so handsome in that collar Agatha is going to hang the picture in her crate!! The food is making us drool......Love A+A

7:11 PM  
Blogger Gus said...

Like the collar, going for the diversity vote, are we? Dinner looks great....almost as good as your mom's people food blog.

I think a fire would be nice tonight, maybe I'll hint


gussie

7:48 PM  
Blogger Lorenza said...

Hi, Joe!
You llok great with your new collar. Yes, I was sure you have a soft side!
Your food looks delicious. Is there any chance you could talk with my mom about giving me more than dry kibbles??
Have a good and warm night
Lorenza

8:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

what a great day, i must agree! :) the collar looks very handsome on you. but i must say, with a bootiful black and white coat like yours, anything looks great on you... can i have some of that heart please?

love..
chiyo

9:34 PM  
Blogger Lacey said...

You look very handsome in your new collar. We thought the chicken organs looked delicious - we could have drooled over them all day, but our girl made us scroll the screen - something about barfing if she had too look at them. Your mom is so much cooler than our girl.
Comet and BLU

9:41 PM  
Blogger Emily and Ike said...

My mom barfed a little in her mouth. I don't know what her problem is.
Ike

9:52 PM  
Blogger Snowball said...

I love all those chicken organs too but nasty jie jie says that I can't have too much of those... bummer...

Luv
Snowball

10:21 PM  
Blogger Huskee and Hershey said...

How much better can your weekend get, Joey? A brand new collar and a home-cooked din din.. how heavenly..

11:21 PM  
Blogger Luckie Girl said...

Oh come on, we don't need a collar to prove how handsome you are! My Mom loves chicken LIVER and HEART. I never had time but I have certainly seen her eating them. tsk tsk..

11:38 PM  
Blogger Boo Casanova said...

happy sunday joey!

about cloverfield, at least your mom was warned b4. mom and dad didn't know it was like that and was thinking when they will get into the real movie... (well you know the opening about the relationship parts kinda long winded).

you look absolutely stunning joey. great pawtograph!

wet wet licks

Boo

11:42 PM  
Blogger Helios said...

That is a really nice collar, and an even more delicious looking dinner! Your mum should cook more.

12:41 AM  
Blogger Myeo said...

Hi Joey

We are back! That is a nice collar u got there. We were just wondering how many meals u get in a day. Cos we seem to be eating double of that and now Mama think that she may have ovefed us.

Love
Boy n Baby

1:47 AM  
Blogger Marvin -The Hollow Hound said...

Your collar is very beautiful, you look so distinguished in the photos, almost Churchillian!

Your food looks good, I have begun eating broccoli, not very keen on it unless it is mashed up in my kibble and I cannot see it!!

Our chickens here in the UK don't come with any innards, so I get nothing like that at all.

We have weird Chickens, running around the place with no innards.....how bizarre is that!????

4:25 AM  
Blogger Moco said...

How could life be any better. New jewelry, good food, a fire and best of all A NAP.

7:14 AM  
Blogger Clover said...

Hi Joe!
Your new collar is great and it really does bring out your handsomeness. Did you like your piece of heart? I don't think I will ever get to try any... My mom almost threw up yesterday when she saw a cow heart in the meat section of the grocery store.
Love Clover xo

8:24 AM  
Blogger Amber-Mae said...

OMdoG!!! She threw away the neck??? What was she thinking?! The neck is the safest of ALL bones including pork bones...We eat boiled chicken neck everyday for breakfast. It tastes sooooo good! She should have wasted throwing it away. She should have mailed it to my home. Just hope it doesn't rot by the time it reaches here. I wouldn't mind rotten neck actually but I would get some serious stomach ache, hehehe! The meatables looks soooo good. I can smell them through this comp screen...You collar is really nice!

Love licks,
Solid Gold Dancer

9:33 AM  
Blogger wally said...

Whoa--that collar is totally studly on you. Nice. And that dinner looks AWESOME. I'm not allowed to have chicken necks because I swallow them WHOLE and then barf them up later. I don't see what the problem is--two meals in one! I do love the carrots. Maybe that's why my butt doesn't break like my sissy who MUST be a Doofus.

wally.

12:13 PM  
Blogger Ferndoggle said...

Yummmmmm, those guts look delicious! Mom doesn't give us chicken necks b/c she's afraid we'll choke on them. But turkey necks are another story....get in my belly!

Your collar is great! I think black dogs look very handsome in blue.

Sherman

11:49 AM  
Blogger Stanley said...

Whoa, Joe.

Your mama did you right over the weekend. LOVE the new collar (and the softer side of Joe Stains), and LOVE the food photos. I'll have to go check out your mama's blog. I thought it was another hooman blah blah blah blog, but if it's about FOOD, well, that's a different story.

Goober love,
Stanley

4:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home