Joe Stains

This is the blog of an angry old boston terrier. (and his little brother Tanner who gets to post every Tuesday)

Saturday, September 01, 2007

YINZ WONT BELIEVE WHAT WE GOT!

I know you guys asked lots of questions about Dad's tattoo but I HAVE to talk about that later because yesterday one of the greatest things ever happened. WE got the bestest package!!!!!


I knew who it was from right away because I saw the awesome Steelers logo on the side! It had to be from The Dogs of Jackman Avenue, my friends in the BURGH which is where my Mom grew up. Some folks asked why we are steelers fans and besides the answer of 'because they are the best team ever and you'd be crazy to cheer for anyone else' its because Mom grew up as a yinzer in a small town outside of Pittsburgh.

There are a million pics to follow!!


This package is from Sherman, who I think could probably be on the steelers because he is so big and tough. He said I didn't even have to share with Tanner, what a GOOD friend! All the stuff is so we can get ready for the Steeler first big game!


Look at ALL THAT STUFF!


Sherman even gave us little notes for each thing!


Look at that tennis ball football thinger.


OMDOG I love this thing. Mom has some video of me with it that she will put up later. This is seriously the best toy I have got in a long time.


This ball is like a buster cube. Even without treats in it Tanner chases it all over the house.


Um this thing WAS awesome, but its dead now. We were playing tug and it sort of just broke rigth in half. SORRY guys but it sure was fun destuffing it!!


That bag has Merrick SAUSAGES in it. Tanner can barely control himself.


NEXT (OMG there is so much stuff) is a fish from the Mon! If you are not from the burgh you probably don't know what the Mon is. Its a river and its called the Monononongagahelaa. But you can just call it the Mon.


The Doofus LOVES these nylabones so I am going to let him have this thing.


Now this one is the best, its a bandana with BASEBALLs on it so when we watch baseball on tv, Tanner doesn't dress up like a COMPLETE doofus face.


He actually looks pretty cool in it!


We got BULLIES!!!!!!!! shhh just tell Mom they are cigars because she thinks bullies are GROSS.


Jerky snacks! I am about to faint here guys, seriously.




These things look SOO good.


But then SO DO THESE. Come on woman with the thumbs, get this crap OPEN!

Finally the BEST THING EVER!!!


ITS BEER FOR DOGS!!! I cannot believe it! Mom has wanted to get us this stuff forever but could never find it!! THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!

Now Meanest Mom EVER said we have to save all that stuff except those three football toys she gave us. WHAT A HORRIBLE MEAN WOMAN. But I guess that gives us something to look forward to when the real NFL season starts.

I am going to go practice some plays with Tanner



Seriously Sherman, this is the bestest package in the whole entire world and I have to thank you from the bottom of my giant boston terrier heart. THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU. We are so lucky to have some awesome and generous friends and we cannot even say thank you enough times. The only thing that would be better is if I had thumbs to open the stinking treats because Mom is probably going to give us like 1 a year. (note from Mom, someone sure loves to exaggerate)

32 Stains:

Blogger leah said...

best!
presents!
ever!

=)

12:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yowser - you really scored!

12:54 PM  
Blogger Little Buster said...

Ah..Go Bengals!!!

2:15 PM  
Blogger Lorenza said...

Hi, Joe.
There is no doubt you are now ready for the football season! Glad you got all those presents from Sherman!
Let us know how that beer tastes like, ok??
Have a nice day
Lorenza

3:19 PM  
Blogger Ruby Bleu said...

Wow - you totally scored Joe...hopefully the Steelers will too!!!

Lots of Licks, Ruby

P(ee)S: I didn't think for one second there was any Boston bias involved - hee, hee, hee!!!

3:52 PM  
Blogger Stanley said...

Joey Boy!!!

You did score, man! That Sherman knows how to take care of his boys! I don't believe I've ever seen a bigger score of presents...EVER! You're a lucky dog, dude!

I do believe that Sherman's generosity has sparked a little in your big Boston heart, Joe. You're actually gonna play with the Doofus and give him the fish? Awww. You're growing, man.

Goober love,
Stanley

4:02 PM  
Blogger Ian said...

That is one serious haul! HOLY CRAP!
Ike

4:16 PM  
Blogger Gus said...

You and Tanner can have great fun all football season! Be sure to keep up posted on your progress.

5:15 PM  
Blogger wally said...

OK that stuff is like totally cool but I still love the Seasquawks and the Beagles and the Bears. Even dogbeer couldn't make me root for the Stealers. OK, maybe a little. Because I don't like any other team in the AFC. 'cept maybe the Brownables a little because their stuff has Dogue de Bordeauxs on it. But I HATE the Ravens. Does that help?

And I'm sorry I badmouthed the Yankees on Ike's blog. But it just rhymed so well! Hehehehe. And you have a guy on your team called A Rod.

wally.

5:21 PM  
Blogger Scruffy, Lacie and Stanley's Place said...

Tell me you aren't goin' to eat that fish ahtta da Mon?? Joe, it needs warshed an 'at. When we go dahntahn, we go over to the Allegheny to check out the fish...but since the stadiums are over there it's a lot better to get some 'Rogies and some Primanti Brothers. 'Sides, we love fries on our samwitches. Or some kielbassi and 'kraut...mmmm...I gotta admit, me being from Cleveland and Lac from Philly, there are some advantages to living here in the Burg. At least the rivers have never caught fahr here. Lacie sez I'm getting a 'Burg accent. Hopefully, yinz can't tell an' at. I can now formulate complete sentences without ever opening my mouth.
Go Stillers....Scruffy

6:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

WoW!!!! Joe and Tanner you guys have some really nice friends!

We know all about 'Burg stuff too!

Frank the Tank and Dangle

7:30 PM  
Blogger Miss Reina said...

OMD!
These are some serious SH.T!

Thats alot of pressies you got there!

Love,
Reina

7:49 PM  
Blogger Koobuss said...

WOW!!!!

All that stuff is fantastic!!! And beer for dogs?? They have that in western PA? Can we get that here in eastern PA, too? (Has my mom been holding out on me?)

With all the stuff you got, you guys should have a good season.

Are you Pirate and Penguin fans, too?

Koobuss Kisses,
Koobie

9:14 PM  
Blogger T-man Angel said...

Wow, I never heard of dog beer before!! Mom's been holding out on me...phooey! You'll have to show us pics of you drinking the beer during the game!

9:17 PM  
Blogger Casper and pals said...

Wow!! Did you guys ever score !!
You are sO lucky! Even beer. We are drooling!

10:48 PM  
Blogger Amber-Mae said...

OMdoG!!! I almost fainted! You guys got the bestest package filled with pawsome pressies EVER! You both are soooper doooper lucky! That squishy fishy looks fun to chew & that BEER! Oh dear lord...I wish I could have sip of that too. *slurp*

Love licks,
Solid Gold Dancer

4:26 AM  
Blogger Boo Casanova said...

omDOG! joey, that's some awesome gifts u get there. you gonna have some awesome treats during the matches huh.

wet wet licks

Boo

7:47 AM  
Blogger Snowball said...

Those are really cool pressies...

Luv,
Snowball

8:13 AM  
Blogger Moco said...

Gads! You hit the mother load. I haven't seen that many presents ever. I hope your Steelers do better than my Mariners.
Peanut and Flash's Grammie

10:54 AM  
Blogger Lacey said...

Look at all that loot! Our girl is mean like your mom and wouldn't give it to us all at once - we finally got a toy that somebody gave us for Christmas last year!

11:36 AM  
Blogger Khady Lynn said...

Holy cow!!! You sure won on that package. So much great stuff. I love the doggie ale! Where did they find it? Samuel and I like beer, so we really need to get some of that!!!

Holly

1:48 PM  
Blogger Myeo said...

Those are awesome great gifts!

Love
Boy n Baby

6:32 PM  
Blogger Ferndoggle said...

Woot Woot! Steel City in da Haus!!! We are gonna need you Mean Joe Green! This is gonna be a tough season & I'm so glad you will be cheering us on in 'burgh style!!!

Mom bought me one of those tasty brewski too and I think we should do a toast during the season opener! I'll be singing & dancing to the Pittsburgh Polka Fight Song & hope you'll join me!!

HERE WE GO STEELERS...HERE WE GO!!!

Sherman The Bus

7:37 PM  
Blogger MJ's doghouse said...

YOU SCORED A TOUCHDOWN WITH THAT PACKAGE...WOW..

7:50 PM  
Blogger Deanna said...

Woah! Looks like I need to suck up to Shermie or become a Steelers fan! We are Vikings fans, which has been pretty disappointing lately, so maybe I'll change. I have to stick with the Cubbies though, since that's my name...

8:38 PM  
Blogger Luckie Girl said...

Hey Joey,
What a great package from Sherman! It was nice of him to include instructions too. hehee.... :)

8:59 PM  
Blogger Asta said...

Joey
I think you won the megga lottewy..WOW
and the DOofus looks gweat in that banana
smoochie kisses
Asta

10:14 PM  
Blogger Balboa said...

WOW, that Sherman knows how to give gifts! That is such a great pack of gifts.

I think you should find the box and play with all the toys and eat all the treats at the same time.

Frenchie SNorts
Balboa

3:32 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow - what an amazingly pawsome package you guys got - the dog beer is so cool - I wonder if you drink too much of it it'll make you silly like the humans!!

River

4:10 AM  
Blogger vix said...

AWESOME! Way to go guys!!!

4:14 PM  
Blogger The Brat Pack said...

Well we gotta say Go Colts but dontcha just love those Jackman Avenue dogs!?!

8:56 PM  
Blogger Jackson's J1 and J2 said...

You got dog beer? I'm on my way over right now! J x

1:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home