Joe Stains

This is the blog of an angry old boston terrier. (and his little brother Tanner who gets to post every Tuesday)

Monday, August 06, 2007

No FIGHTING

Mom said we are not allowed to fight on the blog because in her words, 'it is getting OLD'. Well, I think she is the LAST person to talk about anything getting OLD because she is practically a senior citizen. I really don't know what in the heck else to talk about? I was tagged for the time capsule game, but I am still thinking about it so I will do that later this week. SO since the only things I really like are picking on Tanner and FOOD I guess I will talk about food.

All the HUMANS said my dinner looked gross yesterday, so here is a pic for the humans of what my MOM ate:


She did share some of the brussel sprouts with us, but she didn't give us many because for some reason she said she should be allowed to eat a full meal of her own and she didn't steal any of our food. She also said Tanner has a bit of a weight problem.


Now, how am I supposed to post this photo and NOT make fun of Tanner? Look at his neck? or necks? or what in the heck his FAT ROLL!


I found this thing in the fridge, but it says chocolate. The Doof CANNOT stand to lose even one more precious brain cell so I guess I cannot give him any of this junk to help him lose weight. Maybe they make it in beef flavor?


Finally, you may not be aware of all of the recent food recalls but if you see something like this in your house I would immediately box it up and send it to me because I uh, think its probably very dangerous and um, detrimental to the safety of your humans and your own dog self. I will carefully test it and send any SAFE remaining leftovers back to you.

36 Stains:

Blogger Ozzie, Rocky and Lola said...

Oh Joe, we so enjoy your bad self. Don't make too many changes. Tanner can handle it. Afer all---he's a BIG boy.

Ozzie & Rockey

2:58 PM  
Blogger Molly the Airedale said...

We don't have that kind of cheese in our fridge Joey but we do have NY aged cheddar. Is there a recall on that one too? Should we be sending that kind to you to test?

Love ya lots,
Maggie

3:04 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

3:08 PM  
Blogger kaui said...

JOe, Milo stains would be a cool name for that little stinker. mom wants milo but dads not sure. whatever about him, lets talk about CHEESE! I LOVE CHEESE. mom buys string cheese and she makes me work for that string of cheese! I hate her.

3:10 PM  
Blogger wally said...

Oh that's so nice of you to help with the food recalls. I would like to offer to help Tanner with his diet. Please send me 1/2 of his food. Especially if you keep getting that stuff from the can. Or from your mom's plate.

wally.

3:14 PM  
Blogger Emily and Ike said...

OMG - there is a ton of cheese in the fridge! It's not safe, it's not safe! Hey ... wait a minute...
Ike

3:17 PM  
Blogger Charlie Kelley-Church said...

nice try Joey! I'm not giving up my cheese for anyone. I just loooove cheese.

C-K-C

3:22 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Uh...no way Jose!! Cheese, I luvvvve cheese, next thing to end up on the banned list is gonna be peanut butter! Yikes!!!

Loves,
Tofu

3:25 PM  
Blogger Deefor said...

Hi Joe
I love hearing about Tanner. I can relate. As far a recalls go-- in my house they took away lots of my chews that were made in China and might have plastic in them. But they still let me chew the plastic measuring cup from China. Maybe they're trying to kill me?

Deefor

3:26 PM  
Blogger Peanut said...

What no more picking on tanner? Well that isn't very fun. We enjoy seeing you and tanner pick on each other. :) I could send you our cheese. Mom doesn't give me much of it because it gives me gas and she says I'm gassy enough.

3:33 PM  
Blogger Balboa said...

I think it's great that mommy is making you two get along, I bet it would be more fun to make fun of your parents as a team!!!!!!

What's up with your mom complaining about sharing food, that's their job to give us half their food.

Frenchie Snorts
Balboa

4:24 PM  
Blogger coco said...

hmmm... i think something smells funny, and it's not the cheese. it's that that "food re-call" scheme of yours - my mom has shared lots of that stuff with me and it i'm pretty sure it's totally not poisonous. it is in fact rather highly prized around my house. so i won't be sending you any of mine.

just the same, i do admire your attempt to get all you can, and won't hold it against you for trying. (there's a sucka born every minute, lemme know if it works!!!)

*wink, wink* coco

5:18 PM  
Blogger vix said...

Okay, two things...

1) I love the Joey/Doofus Face fights! KEEP EM COMIN! Don't listen to your mom!

2) Your method of testing cheese sounds a lot like the way my dad used to test our Halloween candy to see if it was tainted. Oddly enough all of his favourite candies were usually 'tainted' so we couldn't have them. Have you been talking to my dad?!

5:37 PM  
Blogger Myeo said...

Joey, that is so nice of you to offer to test the food for us. But we would not want you to end up looking like Tanner so we have decided not to send over the cheese.

Love
Boy n Baby

5:52 PM  
Blogger Gus said...

Wow, Joe: Tanner makes me look skinny! We have some stuff called "Double Gloucester and Stilton" in the fridge, I think it must be on the recall...it has blue spots in the white part!

6:10 PM  
Blogger Boo Casanova said...

joey, what is that colby jack? i don't have those here but am sure dun want to have it here.

ok, i think doofus is pretty pissed in that photo. u better dun tease him anymore.

wet wet licks

Boo

6:26 PM  
Blogger Stanley said...

Joey,

I have absolutely no response to that post, dude. I'm actually kind of in shock. (No Doofus bashing???? C'mon, man!)

But, I will be sending cheese.

Your goober bud,
Stanley

6:33 PM  
Blogger Ferndoggle said...

Well, you've got 3 of my Mom's favorite things on earth there...brussel sprouts, noodles and cheese. We don't get the brussel sprout thing but the noodles & cheese are da bomb!

Sherman, Penny & Lola

6:33 PM  
Blogger Ferndoggle said...

Yo Joe! Did ya catch any of the game last night??? That Tomlin guy may not be too bad!! And he's only one year older than my Mom!!! She's a total slacker.

Here's the deal...

We need all the help we can get in da 'burgh and I have bunch of stuff to get you prepped for the season opener. If you boyz in AZ can send us a little Mojo...we may be able to pull out a big season. BUT...you need the right gear. And it MUST be authentic. Now I know you have peeps back in Town, but I don't think any of them are canine. Could you email me your address to ferndoggleblog at yahoo dot com so I can set you up with the proper gear to pull us through the season?

We're riding on you dude.

The Bus
(aka the Shermanator)

6:43 PM  
Blogger Luckie Girl said...

Hey Joey,
I think your fridge has the coolest yummy stuffs....no wonder doofus needs to go on a diet. LOL!

6:46 PM  
Blogger Lorenza said...

Hi, Joey.
We are so used to your fights with Tanner that will be hard not to have them!
Your mom's food looks delicious!
I don't know if the cheese we have here is in a recall too but I'd send you some if you want!
I'd be happy if you come to visit my blog when you have time.
Have a good night
Lorenza

7:31 PM  
Blogger Asta said...

Joey
That's so kind of you to offer to test that tewwible cheese..I bet you'll be saving like a kagillion lives, maybe you'll even get a medal..I missed you guys a lot..I talked about you cause at the lake where I stayed there was a boston tewwier girl(bobo,the one whose pawtwait Mommi painted),well she was a howwible hostess, she said she hate my guts..so I had to be tied up so she could play with her stoopid toy..I'll post a pix of her later in the week, phfffft, what a little jerk, you would have hated her, even if she is pwetty
smoochie kisses
Asta

7:54 PM  
Blogger T-man Angel said...

Ooh, I'm not fooled by that cheese trick! Nice try though (hee hee!)

Maybe Tanner should start wearing turtlenecks to hide his sagging neck like my mom does.

7:54 PM  
Blogger Girl Girl Hamster said...

Oh Tanner looks sad there. Is he on a diet now? Woh, you're so nice to warn us Joey. I'll definately box it up and mail it to you if I even find that in my fridge

~ girl girl

8:06 PM  
Blogger Khady Lynn said...

Those brussel sprouts look gross! Trust me, you don't want any!

There is nothing wrong with fat rolls. I have plenty of them myself and look how beautiful I am!

Do you have any bacon to go with that recalled cheese?

Holly

8:10 PM  
Blogger Juno said...

Your mom's dinner looks yummy!!! I love pasta!

Momo xoxo

9:30 PM  
Blogger Sophie Brador said...

I love brussel sprouts! That pasta dish looks really yummy. Oh, and BTW, if you have a minute, HELP!!!!!!

9:41 PM  
Blogger Tin Tin Blogdog said...

Hee hee hee,

please can I be your assistant taste tester to help prevent the entire population of DWBers from dying a terrible death?

I'll be over in a few wags of a tail...

I'm sure you'll have plenty of volunteers but you know you want to pick me. Ummmmm, please.

Chow for now,

Tin Tin xo

10:16 PM  
Blogger Ben & Darling said...

No more fighting?? Thats not fun, thats the reason I visiting your blog......keep on fighting or you will lose me Joey.

10:28 PM  
Blogger Amber-Mae said...

Oh, I don't think I've been eating any recalled cheese or what...Maybe I should send all the cheese I've been eating to you for testing. But I care for your safety & healthy too Joey! What if you drop dead eating the rotten cheese? Will we be responsible for giving you those cheese to eat coz I don't wanna go to jail...

Love licks,
Solid Gold Dancer

11:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ack! brussel sprouts? HM says that's not very appetising either.

i'm happy your approve of my karate. bet your book will be a hotseller now. if you ever do a revised version i can be your model at a discounted fee :)

the cheese looks dangerous, all yellow and blotchy

love..
chiyo

1:19 AM  
Blogger Ruby Bleu said...

How long can you stand NOT fighting with Tanner? Hey it's your blog you can do whatever you want, right?

Lots of Licks, Ruby

5:49 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ha ha .. if we all sent you our cheese you would end up having us send you an en-em-ma too!!!

11:35 AM  
Blogger Deanna said...

Ha! Let me know if someone sends you some cheese, and I'll post something similar!

1:02 PM  
Blogger Frasier said...

We love all that fighting!!
Frasier

3:30 PM  
Blogger Jackson's J1 and J2 said...

Brussel sprouts? J1 says that they're the devil's food! J x

6:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home