Joe Stains

This is the blog of an angry old boston terrier. (and his little brother Tanner who gets to post every Tuesday)

Sunday, July 29, 2007

Sunday not a funday

Mom is trying to make us feel better because she said we always make people laugh and that everyone needs a smile right now. Marvin's Mom is so sad she said she might not want to blog anymore and that makes us even MORE sad! We don't want to lose another blogging friend. So I decided to write a poem about things that make me happy today, in honor of all my sad blog friends and Marvin the great poet.


Hot Dogs, Hot Dogs how I love you
After I eat you my butt smells like poo


Look at you delicious stick of meat
You just might be my favorite treat



For you hot dog I will make a doofus face
Then later on I will fart all over the place

oh hot dog oh hot dog for that moment I will smile
you helped to make me happy for just a little while

33 Stains:

Blogger Ruby Bleu said...

Hey Joe...
THANK YOU for making me and my Mom laugh. I think Oscar would want us to be happy just like he was!!!

Lots of Licks, Ruby & Michele

5:23 PM  
Blogger Balboa said...

I agree with Ruby, thanks for making us laugh. Oscar would have gotten a kick out of that poem.

Hots do making stinky butt, BUT they sure are GOOD!

Frenchie Snorts
Balboa

5:33 PM  
Blogger Eddie N Peaches said...

Kool poem, Joey. You made us smile.
Hugggs,
Eddie & Peaches

5:33 PM  
Blogger Bernard Hinault Lilje said...

we laughed (even my dad)--thank you ;)


Bernard

6:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dude - leave the poetry to Marvin ... (shakes head)

6:53 PM  
Blogger Eddie N Peaches said...

OM Dog! I think we deleted your comment on our blog. Darn paws! Why couldn't we have fingers instead.
Eddie & Peaches

7:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your original work made my mom snort soda out her nose. It was priceless!

7:36 PM  
Blogger Stanley said...

Publish it, Joey!
You're killin' me & my girl. We are actually cracking up.

Goober love to ya buddy,
Stanley

8:04 PM  
Blogger Huskee and Hershey said...

Hi Joey..
Thanks for sharing that nice poem.. it made me and mom laugh during this sad period. I know we can always count on you and Tanner for a bit of laughter!

8:21 PM  
Blogger fee said...

hey thanks for cheering us up, joe. i wonder if oscar has internet connection where he is. he would've loved your poem.

loves,
fee

8:29 PM  
Blogger Nugget said...

Great Poem Joey; We can always count on you to help lighten things up!

Licks or should I say hot dog licks, Nugget & the boys

8:29 PM  
Blogger Asta said...

Joey
Thank you for that laugh..you'we wight, we suwe can use it..we're still pwetty sad awound here, but it's so good that we can count on you for a giggle..and gweat poetwy..Oscar would cewtainly agwee
smoochie kisses
Asta

8:56 PM  
Blogger Girl Girl Hamster said...

It's so sad to hear about Oscar. But you made me laugh again Joey. Thanks for making us smile again


~ girl girl

9:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey joey, i just read about oscar and we're all deeply shocked. thank you for the happy post it made us feel better. i'm sure marvin's mom would appreciate it.

love..
chiyo

9:37 PM  
Blogger Deanna said...

You are crazy, Joe!

9:51 PM  
Blogger Urban Smoothie Read said...

i hope marvin's mum will change her mind later

10:08 PM  
Blogger Texas's Mum said...

Hey Joey,
That was very funny and
Oscar would have loved it.
It brought a smile to my face and
mums as well.
Thanks.

Love and Licks
Texas (and his humans).

10:19 PM  
Blogger Jackson's J1 and J2 said...

I didn't know you were such a poet, Joe! Thanks for cheering me up after such a sad weekend. J x

12:12 AM  
Blogger MJ's doghouse said...

MY MOMMY TRIED THAT "its better to have loved and lost to have never loved at all" poem..it made me feel a bit better...corny..but better....

12:50 AM  
Blogger wally said...

Do you guys have hot dog eating contests? Imagine what Coney Island smells like after they eat all those hotdogs. Toot City!

wally

2:22 AM  
Blogger Molly the Airedale said...

It is hard to crack a smile these days but you did it Joey! Thank you!

Love ya lots,
Maggie

2:38 AM  
Blogger Amber-Mae said...

Wahahaha! That was just funny... Loved it! You cheered me up a bit here. Hahaha!

Love licks,
Solid Gold Dancer

4:43 AM  
Blogger Peanut said...

Joe that was funny. I think we all needed a laugh

5:21 AM  
Blogger Marvin -The Hollow Hound said...

Thank you so much Joe! Your funny poem made my Jeannie laugh out loud this morning......

Thank you so much for putting the smile back on her face......Ruby Bleu is so right when she says, "Oscar would want us to be happy, just like he was!"

So I have given my old Lady, Jeannie, a good talking to, told her to pull herself together, and to get blogging.........

Thank you very much for your words!

love and happy licks, Marvin xxxxx

6:06 AM  
Blogger Suki & Joey said...

Great poem, Joey! I had no idea Nathan's made DOG hot dogs...oh, man, I am seriously drooling over here!

Puggy kisses
Suki

6:18 AM  
Blogger Myeo said...

I didnt noe you can do poems. You make us happy. Thanks.

Love
Boy n Baby

6:19 AM  
Blogger Quinvale AstaLaVista Baby said...

G'day Joe,

Oscare would want us to keep blogging. Come by and have a pig ear.

xxx Asta down under

6:42 AM  
Blogger Luckie Girl said...

Hey Joey,

Thanks for making me laff. I didn't know you were so good with your words!

8:26 AM  
Blogger Clover said...

OMD, I love your poem Joey! It's so nice of you to try and cheer everyone up after the sad weekend. I wanted to tell you that I awarded you with the Rockin Dog Blogger award because I couldn't see the badge anywhere on your blog, and I think you really deserve it!! (Tanner too.) You guys make me and mom laugh so much.
Love Clover xo

8:28 AM  
Blogger The Army of Four said...

JOEY!!!!!!! You're such a funny guy - that is JUST what we needed!
Hey, stop by the Ao4 Digest when you can. We posted a new game today (Monday).
Luv,
Dave

8:36 AM  
Blogger Ferndoggle said...

What an awesome poem Joe. Any poem with the word Fart in it is good in my book.

Sherman

10:27 AM  
Blogger Khady Lynn said...

That was great! It sure put a smile and laugh on my face!! I sure hope it did Jeannie and Marvin too!

Holly

3:54 PM  
Blogger Isabella said...

Hey Joey! I always love visiting your blog. I think you and Doofus are the funniest dogs on the web. actualy you should have your own TV show- you two are a riot!
Big Wags,
Isabella

8:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home