Joe Stains

This is the blog of an angry old boston terrier. (and his little brother Tanner who gets to post every Tuesday)

Sunday, February 18, 2007

Lazy Sunday

Today is a lazy Sunday at my house. The Doof and I were fighting earlier and we got in trouble, so now we are trying to be good so maybe Mom will give us some treats later. Sometimes, I just can't help myself though because the Doof takes all the good toys and then I HAVE to yell at him until he gives it back to me. Mom and Dad seem to think this game is very annoying because usually someone is watching TV and they can't hear it. I have seen that remote, there is a volume button, just turn the darn TV up and quit complaining!

Anyway, we did some posing so Mom wouldn't be so mad.

lazy sunday
I did a very cute pose, and Tanner, well he just sort of looks like Jabba the Hut.

the doof
He has a booboo on his leg, which Mom seems to think is my fault, but if you have seen this guy out in the yard you would know that he got it from playing with sticks. He LOVES sticks!

doofy
Mom always has to make sure he doesn't swallow them, but usually he just crunches them into a million pieces and makes a mess.

itching
Being outside is for sunning, NOT eating sticks. He has a lot to learn.

itchy
Anyone have any ideas on how to train Tanner to not be so much of a Doofus? Is there something I can feed him?

Some of you inquired about my not liking girls. Well, I just don't. I don't think I am gay (not that there is anything wrong with that) but I just really don't like girl dogs. They tend to not like me too, but it takes a special kind of dog to get along with me. I guess you could call me a dog snob.

We would also like to mention some new friends that commented on my blog, The Dogs of Jackman Ave live in PITTSBURGH! That is the place where our Mom came from and where the Steelers live. Those guys said they want to call me Mean Joe Green, and I like that name!! Mom said that guy really was a NICE guy, but looked mean on the field...so that is kinda like me!!

Finally, all my dog friends who are celebrating the Chinese new year say that this is the year of the PIG. Well, my very best friend ever is a pig. A COWBOY pig. If any of you readers know me from WAAAAAYYYY back in the days from the Boston Buddies on the Live Journal, you know all about my cowboy pig. He has to be hidden away because Tanner would murder him, but sometimes Mom gets him out and I get to snuggle with him. Here is an old picture of us.

My cowboy pig

I will have to remind mom that this is the year of the pig and ask her to get him out for me this week.

Happy New Year!!

20 Stains:

Blogger The Army of Four said...

Joe: That sunshine looks GREAT! I love snow, don't get me wrong, but wowzers, I love napping in the sunshine! It looked real good to Mom, too. It's almost 55 here today - and someone's stealing our snow again!
Play bows,
Zim
PS: Am thinks you look adorable with your cowboy-pig!

2:19 PM  
Blogger Ferndoggle said...

Hey Mean Joe Green! I just wanted to mention that not only are we from the 'burgh, but my Mom went to IUP (that's a college for people!) in little ole' Indiana, PA. Small world...and super cool.

Mean Joe, you wouldn't be able to resist me. I'm very good at getting the boyz to love me. Mom calls me a "hussy" and I'm sure that means sweet, demure, diva dog. My cousin Dylon is a Boston & he LOVES me. I'll make you love me too!!

Lola the White (mini) Boxer

3:09 PM  
Blogger Charlie Kelley-Church said...

Wow- envying the sun there. It is warmish here but cloudy. I am ready for winter to be over!

C-K-C

4:30 PM  
Blogger wally said...

joey--THANK YOU! you're a great terrierist friend. my mawma let me open your package early. sweet!

it's funny--i don't really like girls either. i mean, i've liked both of my sisters but i usually get along better with boys. neutered boys, that is. i don't know what that says about me. heh.

wally.

4:35 PM  
Blogger Peanut said...

Oh sunshine. That would be nice so I could go outside. I like your cowboy pig too.

5:14 PM  
Blogger H.A. Turbofire, Sibertarian said...

If you figure out a way to make Tanner stop being a doofus, let me know. I keep yelling at Lex that he is stupid, but he just won't stop!

6:22 PM  
Blogger Boo Casanova said...

hey joe

it is indeed year of the piggy! wow, you are friends with piggy. but i think you should hide it in case he gets hurt by doofus. you won't want that rite??

wet wet licks

Boo

7:24 PM  
Blogger jenn said...

Happy New Year Joey & Tanner!!!

I wish I had a cowboy pig, he looks cuddly. I only have dead monkeys. :(

♥ Saidie

9:26 PM  
Blogger Scrappy and Pebbles said...

Awww that pig is very cute. Does he squeak?

Tail wags
~Scrappy

9:32 PM  
Blogger A&S said...

great pictures! we do like snow, but that sunning looks like fun, too. we love it when it's sunny and warm enough to lounge around in the yard, but not so warm and muggy that there are lots of bugs. we hate bugs.

go stillers!

A&S

10:01 PM  
Blogger MJ's doghouse said...

oh joey..you are an old softie..look at you cuddling your piggy...i think you are just one little marshmallow inside your jawbreaker exterior....

11:23 PM  
Blogger Oscar's mummy and daddy said...

Um, I like crunching sticks too, but I AM NOT a doofus, right???

Your piggie is great. Take good care of him.

Licks
Oscar x

2:33 AM  
Blogger Molly the Airedale said...

I think your being a dog snob is just fine as long as you're comfy with it! Love the pic with you hugging your piggy! Too cute!

Love ya lots,
Maggie

3:45 AM  
Blogger Sophie Brador said...

Love your cowboy pig! Happy Chinese New Year boys.

6:44 AM  
Blogger Marvin -The Hollow Hound said...

You are just tooooooo sweet Joe with that pig! Some cool pictures there indeed!

Mean Joe Green, yes, it suits you too!

love and licks Marv xxxxxx

7:14 AM  
Blogger Myeo said...

Oh, i didnt know that you dont like girls but i still wuff you. Well, even my mom is crazy about you.

Love
Baby

10:46 AM  
Blogger Toby said...

Hi Joey!~ I see you and Tanner are still getting in trouble... Why does the Doof have to hog all the toys???

PS: Luv ur piggie!~

Tobes

10:52 AM  
Blogger Murphey said...

Joe, why don't they use the remote? I get yelled at all the time cause I like to squeak my toys when my lady watches TV, turn it up lady! Instead she takes away my noisy toys, she is so mean.

Murph the Dog

12:50 PM  
Blogger Elevated said...

Oink oink!

2:59 PM  
Blogger Boomer and his mom Carol said...

Happy New Year Joey and Tanner! Hooray!

3:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home