Joe Stains

This is the blog of an angry old boston terrier. (and his little brother Tanner who gets to post every Tuesday)

Monday, January 14, 2008

Awards and Tags!

So my good friend Marvin gave me an award for being a profound hound. I make him think, and that is a good thing. I would rather make people laugh, so if I can make some dogs think AND laugh I think I am pretty happy.



There are some rules attached to this award:

1. You must write a post with links to 5 blogs that make you think.
2. Acknowledge this post.
3. Optional - proudly display the Thinking Blogger Award with a link to the post that you wrote. and my favourite......
4. Go tell your humans to fork over the treats!

So now I get to pick 5 blogs that make ME think, and I thought I would throw in WHAT it makes me think about!

Sophie makes me think about sophisticated babes.

MJ makes me think of caring brunette babes.

Ruby makes me think of spunky Boston Babes.

Patience makes me think of good writing and whippet wrangling babes.

Asta makes me think of cultured city babes.

Mom said that some dogs might be offended by the term babe, but then I said she made me think of good cooking and butt scratching babes, and she kind of just blushed and shut up. (to clarify, she scratches my bum, not her own!!)

We also got tagged to play this cooool game by Butchy and Snickers.

The Band Meme

Here's how it goes. You are about to have your own band's CD cover. Follow these directions to the letter. Our tagee list is at the bottom of this post. It's fun and requires no thought at all. Go to......


1. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Special:Random


The first article title on the page is the name of your band.


2. http://www.quotationspage.com/random.php3


The last four words of the very last quote is the title of your album.


3. http://www.flickr.com/explore/interesting/7days/


The third picture, no matter what it is, will be your album cover.

4. Use your graphics program of choice to throw them together, and post the result as a comment in this post. Also, pass it along in your own blog because it’s more amusing that way.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
I think Federation Peak is a great band name!! I know the album title is 5 words, but I think Fly to Catch a Trout sounds better :)

This is a lot of fun and we hope a lot of other dogs try it out!!

Mom found a place online that sells the Woofy Pop! We got it at a local pet store and it was the first she had ever seen of it!

Finally, go check out Petra's blog because I am running with Tadpole Pomegranate as his Vice President!!!

DSC01454

24 Stains:

Blogger Lorenza said...

Hi, Joe!
Congratulations on your award. Your really make us THINK with your posts!
Did you like the name of your band?? We are going to try it too!
Kisses and hugs
Lorenza

9:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Federation Peak!!! cool!!! sounds like something i would totally listen to :)

congratulations on the award! :) heehee butt-scratching babe? i hope that means she scratches your butts and errrm not her own?

love..
chiyo

9:44 PM  
Blogger Boo Casanova said...

joey, you make me laugh! i shall award you YOU MAKE ME LOL TIL I PEED ON MYSELF award. lol ok ok, the award makes me feel a lil disgusting.

wet wet licks

Boo

10:08 PM  
Blogger Ruby Bleu said...

Thank you Thank you Thank you!!! Woot!!! I'm so excited about this award and I can't wait to come up with my album cover too.

Oh and I'm hot on the campaign to your that is for sure...I'm going to convince Mom to write you in on her ballot!!!

Lots of Licks, Ruby

10:34 PM  
Blogger Wired for Mackie said...

A guy after my own heart- you only think about girwls!! Well I think about girwls and food...well- that is food and girwls...you know what I mean!!

10:36 PM  
Blogger Asta said...

Joe
I'm honowed that you think of me as any kind of a babe, and you suwe do make me laugh! Thank you fow that evewy day!!!!!!
I am weady to volunteew fow youw campaign..I aweady told Petwa..should I come help stuff envelopes ow something??
I like youw Band covew..I'll have to twy that.
thanks fow evewything
smoochie kisses
Asta

12:06 AM  
Blogger Girl Girl Hamster said...

Woh I think you'll make a pawsome vice president Joey

~ Girl girl

12:50 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats on the award - and don't worry you definitely make me laugh Joe!!

Great band name too - suits you perfectly!!

River

1:39 AM  
Blogger Lacy said...

woofies Joey and Tanner, me mama did dat tag too, but she putteded it on her bloggy...me needs to fix one fur me too...dontcha fink??

b safe,
;)lacylulu

1:55 AM  
Blogger Snowball said...

Congratualtions with the award. I will definitely vote for you to be the vice president.

Luv,
Snowball

2:23 AM  
Blogger Harry said...

The band name thing is fun!

Toodle pip,
Harry x

2:26 AM  
Blogger Simba and Jazzi said...

Congratulations on your award. You really thought about didn't you.

Simba x

2:32 AM  
Blogger Molly the Airedale said...

Cool album! We'll be adding that one to our collection too!
You'd make an awesome vp, Joey!

Love ya lots,
Maggie and Mitch

3:32 AM  
Blogger 2shibas said...

That is the coolest album cover ever!!!!

xo,
Wiley & Fievel

6:51 AM  
Blogger umekotyan said...

Good evening joey.
Congratulations on the prize.
Becoming it a lot of tunes are advertised.
Wonderful attempt.

from loved ume tyan

6:52 AM  
Blogger wally said...

Yo Joe! Congrats on the award. And do tell your mom to scratch her butt before she cooks. I bet that would add extra special aroma. Wait, did I just insinuate that your mom has a stinky butt? Oh man, now I made the babes angry!

wally.

7:26 AM  
Blogger Lenny said...

Hey Joe! Thanks for the Woofy Pop link. And good luck with your campaign! Are you running against Butchy and Snickers? I might have to take a look at your stand on the issues. What is your stance on Cuz toys and Wubbas? :)

Your friend, Lenny

8:53 AM  
Blogger Petra said...

I'll bet Tanner is breathing a sigh of relief that he didn't get tagged for this thinking thing.

I can't wait to hear what some of your thoughts will be about issues in the upcoming election, Mr. Vice President elect!

9:27 AM  
Blogger Patience-please said...

WOW Thanks, Joe Stains!!! We will take ALL of the credit because really our Senile Servant would just sit in a chair and go blah blah blah without US to inspire and direct her.
That was very nice of you and you brightened our day.

wags from the whippets

2:10 PM  
Blogger Lady Kaos said...

Congrats on your award and cool band name and album. I have volunteered my mom to help Petra on your campaign so if there's anything you really want on your posters, let us know!
Kaos

2:40 PM  
Blogger Huskee and Hershey said...

Congrats on your award!! Joey, ALL your posts bring a smile to my face and made me laugh.. (especially Tanner Tuesdays!!)

6:10 PM  
Blogger Helios said...

wow, the band name sounds COOL! I think I want my own band too!

7:04 PM  
Blogger Agatha and Archie said...

We are goign to have to do the band thing.And don't worry you have our vote! Love A+A

7:14 PM  
Blogger Stanley said...

Cool Game, Joe. We'll check it out.

Congratulations on the campaign nomination and on your awards! I think Petra will be one of your most ardent campaign workers, which means you need to reward her with a cushy job in the White House once you win the election.

Pomegranate/Stains 08!!!!

Goob love,
Stanley

4:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home