Joe Stains

This is the blog of an angry old boston terrier. (and his little brother Tanner who gets to post every Tuesday)

Saturday, July 17, 2010

Things that go bump in the night...

The other night we were watching some baseball when I heard some terrible thumping and fussing at the front door. I was all, WTF?!

We opened the door to discover the postman had left us an envelope, many many many hours ago. Uh Oh...

IT WAS FLAT BRUTUS!! He was outside all day in the 115 degree heat! OMDOG!!!

Tanner helps him to bed
Tanner immediately took him to our blanket fort in the dog room.

Tanner tries to resuscitate from the wrong end
He started to do CPR...but on the wrong end!! I had to step in and take control at this point.

straight to the freezer for flat brutus
There we go, that is better!! I think he is coming around now.

Joey makes sure Brutus is ok
Are you ok buddy?? I think he is going to be just fine. whew!! I know what will make him feel even more relaxed...

he survived a day on the porch
That's right buddy, just relax. You have had a long and hot journey to get here.

THEN we will start the partying!! :)

14 Stains:

Blogger NAK and The Residents of The Khottage Now With KhattleDog! said...

I hope his brains didn't get TOO fried!

Woo know what I think about the Blast Furnace!

Hugz&Khysses,
Khyra

3:32 PM  
Blogger ♥♥ The OP Pack ♥♥ said...

OMD, poor FB - out in all that heat! How nice of you to work so hard to get him all cooled down. Bet he is quite comfy on that NY Yankees blankie.

Can't wait to hear about all his fun with you and Tanner.

Woos ~ Phantom, Thunder, and Ciara

5:08 PM  
Blogger Kari in Alaska said...

good thinking with the freezer!

5:45 PM  
Blogger Lorenza said...

Hi, Joey!
Oh-oh! All day in the hot weather??
I am not so sure about Tanner's CPR technique.... I guess you did it right letting him cool in the freezer!
Flat Brutus looks great on your Yankee's blanket!
I hope he is feeling better now so you can start having fun!
Kisses and hugs
Lorenza

5:49 PM  
Blogger Stella said...

I only hope he doesn't end up with some brainal problems from being out in that heat all day. I am glad he still had the ability to thump around and wake you guys up!

Kisses,

Stella

6:05 PM  
Blogger Two French Bulldogs said...

Wow...trauma!! Thank goodness you guys knew how to revive flatty. You save the day
Benny & Lily

7:17 PM  
Blogger Molly the Airedale said...

We bet Flat Brutus was blessing you bigtime for letting him snooze in your cold box!

Love ya lots,
Maggie and Mitch

1:28 AM  
Blogger Mack said...

I know you guys are gonna have fun with F.B.
I'm just glad he is okay after Tanner's CPR......

7:26 AM  
Blogger Teddy said...

Oh my, that flat Brutus looks tired after his trip. I'm sure he'll have fun staying with you guys. Just let him rest up first.

7:32 AM  
Blogger BRUTUS said...

Phew! Good thing you could revive him - we're loosing Flat Brutus like crazy lately (one eaten, another stolen). Very creative resuscitation attempt there Tanner... At least you didn't sit on him though BOL! Oh, and to date Flat Brutus has no team loyalty, but something tells me he'll be coming home a Yankees fan!

Snorts-
Brutus & Carmen

7:46 PM  
Blogger Sophie Brador said...

Now I get the flat Brutus stuff. He's a good flatty. I have a full on 3-D Balto in my house.

xo
SB

8:56 AM  
Blogger Eric said...

Sheese. Hope flat Brutus didn'tget brain freeze in the freezer...

Wiry love Eric xx

11:02 AM  
Blogger Asta said...

Joe and Tannew
You awe the most wondewfullest hosts..cooling Flat Bwutus down like that and then letting him sit on youw soopew special blankie was bwilliant
I wish I could come visit
smoochie kisses
ASTA

12:05 PM  
Blogger Baby Rocket Dog and Hootie said...

Smart move putting FlatBrutus in the freezer. Bet he got a tasty treat while he was in there too!!
Smooches from pooches,
BabyRocketDog and Hootie

1:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home