Joe Stains

This is the blog of an angry old boston terrier. (and his little brother Tanner who gets to post every Tuesday)

Monday, June 28, 2010

TanKer Tuesday!!!

So Joey has been calling me Tanker and Tanky lately, I think it is because he knows I am SO TOUGH like a TANK! BOOM!

Anyway, I know you guys think that the Snuggle Bear should get his nose back but Mom threw it in that garbage so now he is just waiting for the next available nose to be donated from another stuffy victim friend.

ANYWAY

Saturday was my Dad's birthday and he had this cake and I could not have any...





But he let me have some Scotch and the room started to SPIN so I went to my little bed...




I had to put my foot on the wall so my bed would stop spinning.

JUST KIDDING OMDOG we cannot have that Scotch either!!!




Joe said since it is your birthday I will let you pet me but make sure your hand doesn't get in the way of the TV.

It is going to be like a babillion degrees here this week so Mom says I can't be left in that yard unsuperivsored.




Sometimes I forget to wake up and come in when it is hot and for some reason Joey always just tries to sneak past me to get in the house. I think he is just trying to be very nice and not wake me because he knows how important good rest is.

Ok guys, Mom is a jerk and will probably not visit blogs this week but please send some cooling vibes our way. Our LOW on Wednesday is supposed to be 88 F!!!!

TanKer Torkelson out. BOOM!

36 Stains:

Blogger Dexter said...

Tanner! You could get heat stoked! I do the same thing, though. I bake until momma forces me to come in. Are we twinners?

Happy Birthday to dad. Sorry about the scotch and cake.

Slobbers,
Mango

3:50 AM  
Blogger Mack said...

Tanner,
I am sure Joey is just being nice and letting you get your rest.....

And Joe, you are so right for not wanting to be pet. Dogs just weren't made for that.

5:24 AM  
Blogger Gus said...

Happy Birthday to your dad, and just remember...if 88 is the low tonight, can a low of 90 degrees be far behind. We remember it well.

gussie

5:42 AM  
Blogger The Boston Lady said...

Good luck with that heat, boys. We too are having hot, hot days. Today storms and another test for Sadie's Thundershirt. We are seeing progress with it. Hopefully will blog about it soon. So glad you suggested it, Joe.

5:44 AM  
Blogger Sophie Brador said...

Joey is awesome! Joey is awesome! Joey is awesome! That is all I have to say. Except for happy birthday to your dad. Joey is awesome!

xo
SB

6:37 AM  
Blogger BRUTUS said...

So have you actually tried to fry an egg on the cement outside? Sounds like the kinda weather it would work in. And if not, you'd hopefully be able to clean it up....

Multiple Snorts-
Brutus (& Carmen) the Frenchie(s)

6:51 AM  
Blogger The Oceanside Animals said...

Hmm, "boom", is that the sound of cacti exploding in the heat?

8:06 AM  
Blogger Two French Bulldogs said...

Oh you guys are nutty. BOL happee birthday to your Paw. Hopefully he shared the cake. Stay cool
Benny & Lily

8:08 AM  
Blogger Fred said...

OMD...that cake....slurrrp...

Isn't this heat the worst?! Totally thrown off my walking schedule. Grr.

8:18 AM  
Blogger Lacy said...

w00fs, yeah, u dont need to b out in the hot sun all the time..happy late barkday to ur daddy..

b safe,
~rocky~

9:43 AM  
Blogger Molly the Airedale said...

A low of 88 *gasp* You guys are going to melt for sure!
Happy birthday to your dad! His cake sure looks yummy! Bummer that you got hosed!

Love ya lots
Maggie and Mitch

9:59 AM  
Blogger Marvin -The Hollow Hound said...

I hope your Dad got some decent whisky on his barkday.

A few good malts will keep the age angst down, we always find over here.

Sorry we have been late with our commenting, so no worries about commenting.

lotsaluv frp Marvin in Hot and Sunny Scotland ......

12:09 PM  
Blogger Kitty+Coco said...

Is it a Boston thing? I will sit (I refuse to lay on the grass, I only lay on proper bedding in the cool house) in the grass as long as mom will possibly let me. She shrieks when she feels how hot my fur is. I have the squinty eye and get my tan on. Ahhh. Probably shouldn't let the Tank stay out too long though.

Happy Birthday to your Dad. Maybe your mom could make you a pup cake?
Sighs,
Kitty

12:47 PM  
Blogger ♥♥ The OP Pack ♥♥ said...

Tanner, can't you just move a few feet and get in the shade? Phantom does exactly what you are doing - totally zones out in the hot hot hot sun. Hope it cools there for you soon.

Woos - Phantom, Thunder, and Ciara

3:05 PM  
Blogger Asta said...

Tankew
I think I have he same hots hewe..it's disgusting..Pleeez stay cawefully out of that sun fow sneeping..you could get wowse head spinning than wif that scotch. Happy Late Biwfday to youw DAd..that cake looked totally pawsome..I can't even believe that he wouldn't let you at least have a little of the white fwosting stuff..that's just mean
smoochie kisses
ASTA

3:11 PM  
Blogger Jake of Florida said...

Happy Birthday to your dad!!!

As for last night ----- we started to go to bed sad then all of a sudden something special happened at the very last moment so at least we went to bed happy. Sorry it couldn't be all of us.

Tonight we start all over again.

Wirey love,

Jake and Just Harry

5:01 PM  
Blogger NAK and The Residents of The Khottage Now With KhattleDog! said...

Happy Gotcha Day to your dad!

That is a khwite a bummer 'bout the skhotch, the khake, and the bazillion degrees -

Woo know what happens when it gets to be a bazillion degrees!

Hugz&Khysses,
Khyra

5:24 PM  
Blogger Lorenza said...

Hi, Tanner!
Happy Birthday to your Dad!
That was a delicious cake!
Why Joey is wearing a t-shirt if it is too hot there??
Kisses and hugs
Lorenza

7:53 PM  
Blogger Peppy Sheppys said...

One of Otis Potus's nicknames is the tank. Because he is fat. BOOM! And we are going to start an ice cream air lift in to you because that is TOO DARN HOT.

Happy burpday to your dad!

Sheps w/Pep

2:47 AM  
Blogger The Army of Four said...

Stay cool, you guys! No falling asleep in the sun, Tanner! (Is that why you're called "Tanner"? Cuz you're tanning?) Hee hee hee!
Love,
Ammy

8:47 AM  
Blogger The Army of Four said...

OH! And happy birthday to your dad!
And can mom have some of that cake!?!

8:48 AM  
Blogger pam said...

Hey Jack (dailydoseofjack.blogspot.com) is giving away shade so you should go get some quick.

Bobo and Meja

ps. mommy wants to know if that's the biggerest oreo cookie in the whole born world or what

11:25 AM  
Blogger Stanislaw said...

Your bro calls you Tank. My bro calls me Noodlebutt. Terms of endearment, no?

11:33 AM  
Blogger Kari in Alaska said...

hee hee tanker hee hee

5:29 PM  
Blogger Stella said...

A late happy birthday to your Dad.
I agree with Asta, a little of that white frosting from his cake wouldn't hurt anybody. People get real selfish when they get old.

Watch those temps, you guys, don't get fried out on the lawn.

Kisses,
Stella

8:55 PM  
Blogger Emily and Ike said...

Whoa! That's just wayyyy too hot for me.
Ike

9:33 PM  
Blogger Mango the Maltese kiddo said...

Living with Joe is tough, yes you must be as tough as a tank inside and out.
Haha, the Snuggle Bear needs a nose transplant, I donate my Pug brother's nose to him. I'll send it in an ice cooler, fix the nose and use the ice to cool yourself TANKY!
HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY, Joe and Tanner's Dad.
Cheers!

5:13 AM  
Blogger Mango the Maltese kiddo said...

HAPPY INDEPENDENCE DAY!
Wishing you a fun, safe and well fed holiday.
Cheers!

5:03 PM  
Blogger Dewey Dewster said...

Yikes a low of 88......glad we don't have heat like that....be careful if yer out in it Tanner and plant a loud bell on yer neck with a long cord so if Joey tried ta step around ya.....he will ring it and wake ya up.....

Dewey Dewster here....

5:17 PM  
Blogger Bond said...

Hi Tanner,

My apologies for the request, but I am sick and I need help!

You can help me by directly some of your traffic to my blog.

Hopefully, one of your readers will be able to help me.

goldenbond.blogspot.com

9:01 PM  
Blogger Huskee and Hershey said...

Happy Barkday to Joey and Tanky's (I like the sound of that one) DAD!!!
Btw, is that an Oreo cake?? Oh dear, scotch is not good for a little pup like you... hope the hangover wasn't too bad.

12:37 AM  
Blogger Eric said...

Sheese - no scotch even with ginger ale or water? Pooey. Are you sure cos you do look like you have a hangover flaked out in the garden.
I'll send some cool winds your way after I've eaten lots of cabbage...haaaa!! Stay cool. E xxx

11:19 AM  
Blogger Baby Rocket Dog and Hootie said...

Hey Tanner! Just a heads up. Mama put Flat Brutus in the mail today and he's on his way to your place. Make sure to tell Joey and your mama!!
Smooches from pooches,
BabyRocketDog & Hootie

9:13 PM  
Blogger Deefor said...

That's a nice looking cake. Hope he had a happy birthday. Is Joey wearing a coat? Is that a special air conditioning coat? Is that his magic coat to protect him from fireworks? Sorry I haven't visited in a long time.

I blame my mom.

Deefor

9:22 PM  
Blogger Scruffy, Lacie and Stanley's Place said...

Oh Tanner...I NEED SOME OF THAT CAKE...where ever did ya get it??? I mean it looks like a hooooooge OREO...and I'm sure it's chocolate free...who ever came up with this stoopid chocolate rule anyway? Sheesch....

We've been in the nineties all week. We don't know how you do it. At all...


Kisses,

Lac E. Girl

3:44 PM  
Blogger Stella said...

Since you guys have not posted since Jne 28th, I am worried that you have both had heat stroke and are in the dog hospital. Is that it?

Let us know soon, will you? Joey and Tanker, we love you.

Kisses,
Stella

8:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home