Joe Stains

This is the blog of an angry old boston terrier. (and his little brother Tanner who gets to post every Tuesday)

Saturday, October 31, 2009

THE MAN is on to me...

All this week Mom and Dad have been talking about going on vacation. We aren't even going to PRETEND that we thought WE were going because I know better than that by now. And hey, we get to stay with Gram and Gramps and they are TREAT DISPENSING MACHINES. Crap, I am yelling like Tanner.

So in addition to the vacation talk, they have been talking about getting Tanner and I chips. I thought, cool Gram and Gramps will be giving us lots of tasty chips as treats.




Tanner was trying to figure out which chips he liked best, I definitely like the Lays.

Then this morning Mom dragged me out of bed into the FREEZING cold truck (Note from Mom, it was about 50 degrees) and said, lets go get your chips! MORE chips?? PAWESOME.

Then, somehow we were at the VET. We were whisked into the back and INJECTED with some kind of tracking device big brother is watching mark of the beast MICRO CHIP. WTF?!?!?!?




We are now part of 'the system'. omdog. If the Yankees lose today, this might go down as the worst possible day ever.

28 Stains:

Blogger Groomer Angie said...

Hey Joey, TN Bull TerrOrs' DawgMom here, Pappy is in *time out* AGAIN (big surprise huh) but he begged me to please send this to you so you & Tanner can remember to put tin foil on your heads to stay safe. He says *Trust me Joey, you don't want this to happen, it's scaryful!*
http://thetnbullterrors.blogspot.com/2009/05/space-final-frontier.html

DawgMom

11:10 AM  
Blogger Sophie Brador said...

I am being watched too. Do you think it means Obama is watching you? Maybe that's what Bo does at the White House. Maybe he gets to hang out in a big cushy ball bed and watch YOU. Makes me wish I was an American, because here, it is just big puffy Steven Harper and he is no where near as cute or smart as Bo.

xo
SB

11:54 AM  
Blogger Kodak the Eskie said...

That's was a bad trick that your mommy played on you. Those vets are no fun.

12:11 PM  
Blogger Morgan in Pittsburgh said...

we have the chips, and when mom made the tin foil riot gear hat for me.... I thought I heard something.!
so, don't put tin foil on your head, K?
Your pal, Morgan

12:46 PM  
Blogger Asta said...

Joey
Take heawt..I'm being watched by big bwuvvew ( I think he lives at Lacie's house, altho I don't know how he has the time to keep twack of all of us) too.
I hope you get some ackshual chips to help you get ovew this twauma.Happy Halloween
smoochie kisses
ASTA

1:07 PM  
Blogger Murphy Dogg said...

Hey Joey,
So far, I have been able to avoid the microchip, but all three of my sisters got 'em.
I am trying to talk Mama & Dad into tattooing our phone number on the inside of my ears instead, cause it would look totally badass and way cooler than some big brother microchip.
C-ya,
Murphy Dogg

1:10 PM  
Blogger The Army of Four said...

I have a sneaking suspicion that your mom's been reading your blog and knows about the cool trips you guys take and stuff. Now she's got you on GPS or something. This just can't be good!
Play bows,
Zim

1:50 PM  
Blogger ♥♥ The OP Pack ♥♥ said...

Well, at least you still have the trip to the grandparents to look forward to. Those chips are really a good thing even if you can't taste them. We have them and we keep hearing it is to keep us safe. - whatever.

Happy Howl-o-ween, the OP Pack

2:12 PM  
Blogger Molly the Airedale said...

What a dirty trick your mom played on you guys! So do you get to have the Lays too?!

Love ya lots,
Maggie and Mitch

3:09 PM  
Blogger Two French Bulldogs said...

Wow...We think you need an attorney. That was false information!
Well anyway, if your lost you will be found..that is good news
Happy Treats Day
Benny & Lily

3:29 PM  
Blogger NAK and The Residents of The Khottage Now With KhattleDog! said...

Auntie Di was whining about it being khold too!

Happy HOWLoween!

I hope woo get lots of treats without any trikhks!

Hugz&Khysses,
Khyra

3:44 PM  
Blogger Mollie Jo and Bobo said...

Cool...were chipped too. Did you cry? Bobo did ... But I am a big girl and didn't.

Tell your momma to keep on the company as it took almost 6 months for us to get registered. Don't want to have gone through all that lying and ouchies for nothing.

Happy Howl-o-ween!
Mollie Jo and Bobo

3:46 PM  
Blogger Gus said...

I wear tinfoil under my collar to block the signals. Teka thinks her electric fence collar protects her. In Azrizona, you might try ice packs. Can't hurt.

gussie

3:52 PM  
Blogger The Oceanside Animals said...

hello joe stains its dennis the vizsla dog hay oh noes!!!! now the cia wil be abel to keep an eye on yore evry moov!!! it is definitly big brother time!!! ok bye

4:13 PM  
Blogger Sally Ann and Andy said...

It must be big brother. Maybe, if you don't really do much, he will forgot about you.
Sally Ann

5:39 PM  
Blogger Stella said...

I can't imagine Big Brother forgetting about you and Tanner considering all the flights you make out of the Country, all the funky people you know (your Mom, Dad, Lacie, etc). No, Joe, Big Brother is going to be following you everywhere from now on. Your only chance is to move to Northern Minnesota and hole up in a little cabin somewhere. Start cutting wood right away. Good luck, boys, I wish I could help you.

Kisses,
Stella

5:52 PM  
Blogger Deefor said...

Chips injected from the vet! What a mean trick. I hope it didn't hurt a lot. Were you planning to run away?

I don't want this to be your worst day... But I hope the Phillies beat the poop out of the Yankees.

7:12 PM  
Blogger Lorenza said...

Hi, Joey!
I guess those were not the kind of chips you were waiting for!
I have everything possible crossed for the Yankees tonight!
Kisses and hugs
Lorenza

8:38 PM  
Blogger Sunny,Scooter, (sometimes Jamie) said...

hayhayhayhay BUDZ!!!!! we dideded it agin twinnerer!!!! ok anok. r u gittin zaustimated too???
HI 5s
Scooter

9:44 PM  
Blogger Maxmom said...

Hey there Joey,
THose micro-chips are amazing gadgets. Here in SA they are widely used because dogs often get lost. All the vets, SPCA's and rescue sites have facilities which scan dogs immediately (for the microchips) when they arrive. So many animals are reunited in this way.
Enjoy your baseball and I am sure you are going to have a wonderful time with your Granny and Gramps.
Lotsalicks
MAXDOG IN SOUTH AFRICA

10:51 PM  
Blogger MJ's doghouse said...

ya i have some kind of chip too...but i was just a baby so i dont remember it...i think it makes us more classy....i dont knwo...we never use it...but i am with you guys...i like chips...but since dad has been gone no chips or peanuts for me...20 days and chips willl be mine...go yankeeS

11:47 PM  
Blogger Dexter said...

I have a chip. Too bad it doesn't come with a GPS for my great escapes.

We didn't even try to watch the baseball last night. Did it ever stop raining?

Slobbers,
Mango

2:38 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Ahh, Joey, I have a chip too. Got it when I was just a wee pup. Always wanted to go to the supermarket and have them scan me to see if it works!

TWO DOWN for the Yankees!!! Now how's that for a Halloween TREAT!!!

Your pal,

Petey

8:00 AM  
Blogger doyle and mollie said...

hey man its not that bad being on the grid in new zealand you are breaking thhe law if you havent got an implant

11:53 AM  
Blogger TwoSpecialWires said...

Yep. We've got those chips too. Got 'em when we got sprung from the Puppy Mills. Too bad they don't have a strong magnetic force in them that draws us home when (yeah, right - how about IF) we roam too far from home. We've got a good feeling we may never get to test their effectiveness (other than at the VET's office when they scan us). But that's okay. We get notified all the time about dogs lost in our area, and we can all go on Lost Dog Watch and try to help in their return. One time there was even a WFT only a couple miles from our home. We went driving around looking for that chip bearing wire.

You know what? The more we think about this, the more we wonder. They have GPS bracelets for kids who don't bark too clearly. Do they have 'em for dogs?

Wag more. Bark less.
Jake and Fergs xxoo

1:58 PM  
Blogger Astrid Keel said...

ok.. so i see that your pawrents played a trick on you... tell me that you got some kick-bottom TWEATS in return!

xoxo,
Brownie

3:55 PM  
Blogger Winnie and Lilly said...

Lilly has one of those chips in her, but I don't think she has a big brother that watches over her. I'm just glad that they didn't put one of those things in me.
Peace out!
Winnie

7:26 PM  
Blogger Toby said...

Joey,

Big Bro has been watching me since Dr. Evil stole my manhood. Blah!

Tobester

9:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home