Joe Stains

This is the blog of an angry old boston terrier. (and his little brother Tanner who gets to post every Tuesday)

Thursday, October 29, 2009

GAME TWO is OURS!

YANKEES WON GAME TWO!




At first I could barely watch and Tanner was doing some strange MIND MELD thing with his (so called) Twinnerer Scooter. He said they were trying to make the Yankees win by sending some kind of mind meld thoughts or SOMETHING. I can't understand either of those two when they get going.

My Philly friends, Murphy and Wally seem to think that a bet involving treats should be made. Murphy also wanted to bet that if the Yankees lost I'd have to paint my toenails red and blue. FORGET THAT! There is no stinkin way Mom could get me to hold still long enough for that. BUT a snack bet is on. Wally wants Carne Asada if the Yankees lose, but that might be kind of hard to ship, but we can work something out.

My fluffy tail friend Khyra doesn't seem like a betting gal, but I am guessing she did not enjoy the loss tonight.




As you can see, I am still kind of digesting the win, it was a TENSE game. Next game is SATURDAY!?! Tomorrow, I can rest.

25 Stains:

Blogger Lorenza said...

HI, Joey!
Yes! Yes! Yes!
Carne asada sounds great to me!
I guess I need some right now after the nervous from the game!
Kisses and hugs
Lorenza

9:54 PM  
Blogger pam said...

Bug eyes rule...

Yankees win The Yankees win...

Yea!!!

Bobo and not Meja cause she'e rootin fer the Phillies.

9:56 PM  
Blogger NAK and The Residents of The Khottage Now With KhattleDog! said...

Woo looked SOOOOO distraught, I thought woo needed the win!

I ofFURed THE BEAST to the teams to inspire them -

I'm still trying to work out a 'wager' where woo get THE BEAST win or lose!

See Woo In Philly!

Hugz&Khysses,
Khyra

9:58 PM  
Blogger The Oceanside Animals said...

Are you still digesting the win, or are you trying not to fart?

10:46 PM  
Blogger Molly the Airedale said...

Yeaaaaaaa - we're so glad to see you happy, Joey!
OMG, the Yankees will be playing Saturday and your doorbell will be ringing and kids will be shouting trick or treat while you're watching the game! Is this going to work?!

Love ya lots,
Maggie and Mitch

2:49 AM  
Blogger Abby said...

Hi, Joey...

I was much happier last nite, too...

Abby xxxooo

3:08 AM  
Blogger Dexter said...

Get some rest, little guy, you look like you need it. Maybe if the Yankees (gasp) lose you should wear a philies shirt for a week.

Slobbers,
Mango

3:15 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

See Joey? I told you not to worry. Game One was a little gift, you know, when you have people over to your house and you offer them a little something first...but it's still YOUR house!

One down....

Your pal in pinstripes,

Petey

5:46 AM  
Blogger Gus said...

You look exhausted! It must have been a rough game. Maybe you should swear off until your support is really crucial.

gussie

5:58 AM  
Blogger Murphy Dogg said...

Hey Joey,
That was just a givaway to keep things interesting!
C-ya in Philly,
Murphy Dogg

6:07 AM  
Blogger Kelly said...

YAAAYYY!
I was on the edge of my couch too, Joey! Listen real hard on Saturday, you'll hear me cheering for the Yanks from here in Oklahoma!

6:40 AM  
Blogger Maxmom said...

Hey there, Joey
Okay, so we have finally worked out that there are TWO teams and that it is BASEBALL and not FOOTBALL! I believe too that this is a 'world series' involving only 2 countries. So now the big question....is it ok to support both teams?....Okay, STUPID QUESTION!
Enjoy the game on Saturday!
Licks
MAXDOG IN SOUTH AFRICA

7:30 AM  
Blogger ♥♥ The OP Pack ♥♥ said...

Sounds like Khyra has quite the bet to offer you. We are trying to get her Mom to agree to at least a few more ties in the series. Just to make things interesting, then let the Yankees take over.

Tail wags, the OP Pack

11:41 AM  
Blogger Patience-please said...

word. Phillies.

wags from the whippets

12:26 PM  
Blogger Deefor said...

Your on! I'll bet a bag of treats the Phillies win the whole thing. I come from a long line of Yankee haters. With ancestors from Brooklyn who rooted for the Dodgers and Mets fans. Even a few years as a Red Sox fan-- no one hates the Yankees more than them.

2:46 PM  
Blogger Lacey said...

We're glad your team won!! Are you only going to give out treats if your team is winning on Saturday?

3:47 PM  
Blogger Astrid Keel said...

joe, we're SO glad your team won! Hopefully thy will continue in the right direction!

xoxo,
brownie

4:10 PM  
Blogger Sophie Brador said...

Joey! I'm so happy your guys won, but I'm thinking this series has to end quickly. I'm not sure you can handle the stress. I'm afraid to think of what your fur will be doing by the end if it goes to all seven games.

xo
SB

4:48 PM  
Blogger Eric said...

Joey, Wagging your team won. is your voice a little horse by now??

Wiry wags n kisses Eric xxx

5:30 PM  
Blogger Huskee and Hershey said...

Hey Joey,
Gee.. sounded like a really tense game!! I think you need a beer (or two) to calm you down.. :)

Have a great Halloween weekend buddies!!

6:54 PM  
Blogger Two French Bulldogs said...

Wow..BOL...you do look tense..more tension...game 3
Benny & Lily

6:58 PM  
Blogger Oakley and Swisher said...

Congrats on your win of game 2. Hopefully the series can continue with fewer of these terrible calls these umps are making (Howard's non catch called a catch) and (Utley being safe at first instead of calling him out and getting the double play)! We are very sad that Swisher was benched; for Hairston none the less.

Lots of Licks--
Oak and Swish

8:38 PM  
Blogger Asta said...

Joey
You and Tannew must be soopew exhausted what wif mind melding on his pawt wif his twinnew(hope he doesn't do any of that at the wedding tomowwow) and of couwse youw concentwated tension and newvwacking attention to evewyomoent in the game. I'm just glad they won. Hmmm, Cawne Asada..(sluwp,xuse me) that sounds good.But I'm wif you solid Yankee giwl
smoochie kisses and Happy Halloween
love
ASTA

10:33 PM  
Blogger wally said...

Haroooo! Yes we will have to figure out what you will send me when the Phillies win! Haha! I was going to send you cheesesteaks but my ma ape said that that would probably get too messy and cheez whiz is gross anyway and would give you sonic stinky farts. (What's wrong with that?) so I will find something else appropriate...

wally t.

5:15 AM  
Blogger The Army of Four said...

Yan-kees!
Yan-kees!
Yan-KEES!!!

Play bows,
Zim

11:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home