Joe Stains

This is the blog of an angry old boston terrier. (and his little brother Tanner who gets to post every Tuesday)

Thursday, September 24, 2009

Happy Fall... kind of...

Well it is fall again, but guess what, it is supposed to be 106 here this weekend. We don't really have seasons in the desert, just hot and less hot and then sometimes cool. Cool then becomes COLD to us desert dogs and it stinks.

I have been practicing ways to keep warm but without compromising my integrity...




See, I am keeping my butt warm, but keeping my head as far away from Tanner as possible. So far this seems to work pretty well.

Of course if that doesn't work, I always have my sleeping bag...

Joey in his sleeping bag

Happy Fall guys!!(Happy Spring to my down under pals)

31 Stains:

Blogger Fred said...

I love fall! Hope it gets cooler there; I couldn't make it without a few cold months.

8:05 AM  
Blogger Patience-please said...

It is pouring here. Cut our stinkin' walks short and we got wet. Want eight visitors? We double as hot water bottles.

soggy wags from the whippets

8:42 AM  
Blogger Dexter said...

I would stick to the sleeping bag if I were you. That is just way too much body contact with the doofus.

Slobbers,
Mango

9:07 AM  
Blogger ♥♥ The OP Pack ♥♥ said...

We echo what the Mango said - we are surprised at how close you two are to each other.

The bipeds here are headed to the LA area in a couple of weeks and they keep hearing from our human brother how hot it is there too.

woos, the OP Pack

9:58 AM  
Blogger Nibbles Treats said...

Autumn came in with a wet fury here. We're stuck inside trying to stay dry instead of warm. Sometimes a little cuddle time soothes the soul.

Lots of treats,
Tinkerbell, Oscar and Tucker

10:22 AM  
Blogger Moco said...

Keep yourself warm and toasty. We can't have you freezing your bum off. You might need a cap to keep away the brain freeze.

10:22 AM  
Blogger TwoSpecialWires said...

Joey, you look so comfy in that sleeping bag. Does Tanner have one of his own? We hope so, so you can each be happy. (We do care about him, ya know.) Looks like a perfect fall solution. One that you can even turn completely around in, or burrow to the end, and no one will find you.

But that might not happen for a few more weeks for you...as for us, we're
Temporarily freezing in Colorado,
Jake and Fergs xxoo

11:06 AM  
Blogger The Army of Four said...

We heard it was snowing next door in Colorado! We're so excited!
Love,
Ammy

11:15 AM  
Blogger Abby said...

Hi, Joey...

I'm glad it's a little cooler for you, but I know how much you hate to be cold...Glad you got your sleeping bag...

Our trees are starting to turn all those pretty colors & the squirrels are really working hard out in the yard...

Me? I'm not too excited, cuz we all know how I feel about snow & it won't be long now...

Abby xxxooo

11:39 AM  
Blogger Oakley and Swisher said...

We hope you can stay cool when you need to and warm when you need to. We love your sleeping bag, where did your human buy it? That looks like a great way to keep warm. We aren't big on cuddling with eachother either.

Lots of Licks--
Oak and Swish

11:47 AM  
Blogger MJ's doghouse said...

we have four seasons here joey...but it is still really nice out....i havent had to wear my rain coat hardly at all...

12:06 PM  
Blogger doyle and mollie said...

ooooooo i do like your sleeping bag it looks like the perfect option to me!

12:22 PM  
Blogger The Black and Tans. said...

We don't mind the Autumn months, but the hoomans get miffed cos we bring in lots of dead leaves and dirt on our paws!

Molly, Taffy and Monty

12:40 PM  
Blogger Lady Kaos said...

I love fall because it starts to get cooler here, too! It's been really cool this week so if you guys need a break, come visit. You'll want to bring your sleeping bag though cuz it's getting down in the low 40's at night.
Kaos

1:38 PM  
Blogger Ozzie, Rocky and Lola said...

Happy Fall to yall too as we say here in Texas! Joey you would be freezing your little buns off here today! Our high was just 73! But of course it will probably be back in the 90's next week!
Ozzie & Rocky

1:51 PM  
Blogger Winnie and Lilly said...

Happy Fall to you too Joey and Tanner. My mom is going to pee-mail a picture of my little sister Lilly's teeth to you soon. She is a boston terrier with smaller teeth than Tanner's if you can believe that!
Peace out!
Winnie

4:07 PM  
Blogger Molly the Airedale said...

106 degrees is just too much heat, donchathink, Joey? We'll take the snow any day!

Love ya lots
Maggie and Mitch

4:22 PM  
Blogger Mia said...

That sleeping bag looks awfully cozy!!! Maybe I should get the momma to buy me one for this winter. Hope you manage to survive the 106 degree heat =)

Lilo

5:38 PM  
Blogger Lorenza said...

Hi, Joey!
Here is more or less the same... and right now is just a little bit less hot!
Hmmm.... I guess the sleeping bag is a better idea to keep your warm!
Kisses and hugs
Lorenza

5:54 PM  
Blogger Teddy said...

Wow, that sounds hot this weekend!! Store up some of that heat so you don't have to snuggle so close to Tanner ;)

6:58 PM  
Blogger NAK and The Residents of The Khottage Now With KhattleDog! said...

Why again is that you pawmit your pawrents to keep woo under such duress?

Hugz&Khysses,
Khyra

7:20 PM  
Blogger Stella said...

Hiya Joey!

You look snug indeed in your sleeping bag, I bet Stella would like one of those!

I love all the seasons, but spring and fall each have a part I can do without. That is called Mudtime, when the snow thaws or it rains, and makes a mucky mess of the ground! Your Mom wipes your feets when you come in the house and ah, too much!

Kisses,
Stella

8:34 PM  
Blogger The Oceanside Animals said...

The Sleeping Bag: ZZ Top-Approved.

9:58 PM  
Blogger Asta said...

Joey
I love youw sleeping bag..you look pawfect and cozy in it. does sophie fit??
Just asking.
Thank you fow youw Biwfday wishes..I plan to keep pawtying all weekend ( I twy to follow youw example) besides My pawents won't notice, since they'll be busy wif Muzzew who is visiting
smoochie kisses
ASTA
pee ess Mommi says she would die instantly in 106 (hew melting point is about 78, hehehe

10:55 PM  
Blogger Sophie Brador said...

Joey! I think Tanner actually has his leg over you. I am very concerned for your sanity.

xo
SB

6:36 AM  
Blogger Eric said...

What's up with the temperatures? 106 in autumn?? Geeez. It's never ever been that here. So what's a cold temperature to you guys? When you start your wearing your woolly pullys? Or. Perhaps you need hotty water bottles to keep you toasty.

Worried....Eric xxx

7:45 AM  
Blogger Morgan in Pittsburgh said...

It's gonna be like 50 here pretty soon! I am gonna love it. Not sure about Maisie though, being from Alabama and all... might be a shocker for her.
Morgan

4:37 PM  
Blogger Deefor said...

That bag looks very cozy. I once touched Arrow when we were sleeping but I try to avoid it. He smells weird. Like cinnamon. Too bad you can't just grow more hair.

7:57 PM  
Blogger Urban Smoothie Read said...

i thought we're suppose to keep our genitals as far away as possible

3:27 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tanner is a portly fella.

7:17 AM  
Blogger Mack said...

Oh My Dog....for a second there I thought it was Boston Siamese twinnerers!

3:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home