Joe Stains

This is the blog of an angry old boston terrier. (and his little brother Tanner who gets to post every Tuesday)

Wednesday, September 09, 2009

Behind the Scenes at the Joe Stains blog

It is Joe's Mom here, since Joey and Tanner have decided to up and go to South Africa I am left to entertain you guys. I thought I would give a little insight into their 'personalities'.




Joe Stains is really and truly GRUMPY 95% of the time. He does not like to be held, he does not like to be bothered at all. He will come to you if he wants to see you or if he wants to be pet. He does get very excited and happy when we first come home and when it is time to eat. He also really likes guests for the first 30 minutes they are here. Other than that he likes to do 'his own stuff' as his Dad always says. If you try to pet him or bother him when he is off on his own he makes this low straining noise in his throat like we are torturing him. I know a lot of people say that Joey really does love Tanner and he'd be sad without him, but I really don't think he'd bat an eye if Tanner left and never came back.




Tanner is the sweetest, goofiest, snuggliest little dog I have ever known. He is always glued to my side and sleeps right next to me every night. And yes friends, he really is a Doofus. He runs into walls, falls out of bed, runs right into the room I am in with treasures he has stolen from the trash. He forever is trying to get Joey to be his friend and play with him, and he forgives him every time Joe gets mad and tells him off.

I never imagined 2 dogs of the same breed being so incredibly different. Hopefully tomorrow Tanner sends me a text or some pics so I can do a better and more interesting update.

35 Stains:

Blogger Sophie Brador said...

Sounds just like Sophie and her sister Sydney. And when Sydney did pass away, Sophie didn't even seem to notice. She is much different with Graham. She doesn't play with him, but she actually seems to kind of like him.

S

8:21 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Ahhh, I think I'm a combination of the two. I'm thrilled to see Mom when she comes in, then I'll go spend the evening sleeping in the bedroom while she's watching TV all night. But then I have to sleep right next to her. And I wake up wagging my tail - I'm a happy guy! It's just us terriers, we gotta keep you on your toes!

Your pal,

Petey

8:26 PM  
Blogger Emily and Ike said...

Ike would be Joe and Tanner's baby if they could mate and have one. He's a perfect mix of grumpy and silly, snuggly and standoffish. I think your boys are just on the opposite ends of the BT spectrum. I will still believe that Joey would miss Tanner even though it's not true.
Emily (Ike's mom)

9:15 PM  
Blogger The Oceanside Animals said...

hello joe stainses mom its dennis the vizsla dog hay wow this is amayzing!!! if yoo substitoot the naym "tucker" for "joe stains" and the naym "dennis" for "tanner" then yoo cud me tawkng abowt too dogs naymd tucker and dennis and evrything wood stil be compleetly akyoorat!!! ok bye

10:09 PM  
Blogger Oakley and Swisher said...

It is great to notice the personality traits of our little four legged buddies isn't it? Never a dull moment I'm sure. We can't wait to hear about SouthAfrika.

Lots of Licks--
Oak and Swish

Peeee.s.-
Our mom was jealous to hear that you get to see the A's play often during spring training she's always wanted to go but never makes it out there. We live about 1 hr and 1/2 from Oakland she usually make a few games but not this year.

12:25 AM  
Blogger Bae Bae said...

Oh the 2 of them are so different. Tanner sure is very sweet...

~ Bae

2:10 AM  
Blogger Dexter said...

Uh oh, secrets revealed.

I took Mango to the groomer yesterday and Dexter didn't seem to miss him at all. I think Mango was more excited to see Dexter when her returned. If they do touch it is purely by accident.

Nice to hear some behind the scenes stuff.

Mango Momma

2:36 AM  
Blogger umekotyan said...

Good evening joey
Peacefully, time of wonderful tanner.
While feeling the travel to South Africa that dreams. :D

from loved ume tyan

4:51 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tanner also appreciates being saved from jail, no doubt.

5:30 AM  
Blogger Rosie said...

Was Joe always like that or could it be the difference in age?
Joe almost sounds like a cat!

6:13 AM  
Blogger ♥♥ The OP Pack ♥♥ said...

We loved this post. It is always nice to hear the human's point of view. It is great that you recognize these differences in your pups because it makes it so much easier to manage them. Phantom and TD are very different too. Phantom likes to be left alone and TD can't get enough of people and pups. You just have to love them for what they are.

Hugs, the OP Pack

6:52 AM  
Blogger NAK and The Residents of The Khottage Now With KhattleDog! said...

Rut Roh!

Just WAIT until The Boys read what woo shared with us!

I bet there will be at least one "I told woo Mom liked ME better"

Tank woo fur the insight!

Hug&Khysses,
Khyra

6:56 AM  
Blogger Kelly said...

Thanks for sharing with us, momma Stains! (I know you love that nickname) :)

Your boys are so opposite, of course it is probably best. 2 doofuses or 2 grumps might just be too much. They balance out pretty well.

Pearl is MUCH like Tanner. Very clingy and cuddly, and also... (don't tell her I said this)... dumb as a brick.

7:10 AM  
Blogger Gus said...

Well, we love both of them, and we still think Joey would miss Tanner if he disappeared. Kinda like a boil on his (ahem!)

gussie

7:51 AM  
Blogger Scruffy, Lacie and Stanley's Place said...

Hmmm...Dear Auntie Joey and Doofus Mama...

Did you really just say that Joey makes a STAIN when you try and pet him? Wait wait...I must need readers...I see..he makes a straining noise...sorta like he needs to um go out, huh? Hmm...that might be more info than I need so to speak. Frankly when I get petted I growl 50% of the time...so they never know whether they're gonna get growled at...keeps em on their toes...

Frankly I think Joey is a total lover...Tanner...well...he is such a doofus...Have they texted you yet? You probably don't wanna know...trust me...Asta and I had to sleep in the boyz tent last night...there was this um BUG in ours and well Asta was scared so we moved in with the boyz and Tanner farted and OMD it was so like groooooooooooossssssssss.....plus he's like really vain...you should see him stylin' his DOT on his head every morning....and he used all my gel and I'd 'preciate it if he'd get me some more so I don't have to use those Mango suds....

GGGGGrooooooooosssssssss.....

Lacie sighs dramatically....

And realizes that no one is still listening to her, not an uncommon event...

Kisses...Lacie

8:22 AM  
Blogger Scruffy, Lacie and Stanley's Place said...

Oh dear...I didn't mean to call you a doofus mama, but a mama of a doofus...

Sorry!!

Lac

8:24 AM  
Blogger Fred said...

So interesting! Thanks for giving us this secret glimpse!

9:32 AM  
Blogger Jake of Florida said...

Boy oh boy oh boy -- Mom just wrote about Just Harry and when we read your post we said, yep, we understand how two boys of the same breed can be so so different.

Thank you for the insights!!!

And we hope they make it back safely from South Africa.

Jake and Just Harry

9:49 AM  
Blogger Astrid Keel said...

Awww! what cute descriptions of their personalities! Maybe Joe will come back from South Africa with a little less crank and a bit more lovin'.

9:58 AM  
Blogger Moco said...

Personalities such as children from the same parents. It makes life interesting.

10:00 AM  
Blogger Sunny,Scooter, (sometimes Jamie) said...

Joe a grump??? who'd a thought! lol
Tanner's description however cinches the deal on he an Scooter being twinners. Such a klutz in a small body. Has Tanner also gotten stuck in various places??? The falls of beds,couches,chairs and running into things(often at full tilt boogie) sound the same.....
but so loveable...
we get him. We just don't have a grump. We love them both!
Hugs
Sunny & Scooter, uh Scooter??? what are you doing now?????? sheesh, better go look.

10:08 AM  
Blogger The Army of Four said...

Woo. I don't know that Joe is going to be thrilled that you logged into his account and posted this. Really.
Luv,
Dave

10:09 AM  
Blogger Molly the Airedale said...

Joey and Tanny sound a lot like us! Thank you for sharing that valuable inside information, Joey's mom! It makes us love them that much more!

Love ya lots
Maggie and Mitch

11:10 AM  
Blogger Stella said...

Joe will probably have a fit when he sees what I'm gonna write, but your description of him exactly matches Ali Zophia the Cat!

When my Mom calls me, Boom! I am right there not a wasted second. When Mom calls Ali, its maybe no or maybe definitely no! I don't even know why Mom pets Ali when she will permit it . . .nasty cat!
But me, I am happy all the time and glad to see Mom or friends. Its just crazy, thats all!

Kisses,
Stella

From Mom: All true, all true!

12:28 PM  
Blogger doyle and mollie said...

hey joey and tanners mom - how old was joey when tanner came to live with you? and how old was tanner when you rescued him? we have just been offered a rehome dog, a total heartbreaker gorgeous tibetan spaniel, wheaten terrior cross - shes 4. doyles 2 and a half... we are wondering whether the age thing could be an issue as our only intention in getting a second dog is as a companion for doyle....

1:08 PM  
Blogger Ozzie, Rocky and Lola said...

This was a most enjoyable post. It reminds me alot of the two little guyz who let me share a house with them. Ozzie & Rocky sound alot like Joe & Tanner. Rocky is oldest and not cuddly except when he wants something and Ozzie who came second thinks he owns me and is probably every bit as goofy as Tanner if not more so. It is a wonderful adventure and I appreciate you sharing yours with all of us! I truly enjoy reading about their adventures!
Tammy (mom to Two Wild 'n Crazy Guyz)

1:33 PM  
Blogger Deefor said...

I can respect Joe. It's his house and he is the boss so he gets to do what he wants. I bet we could get along. We'd just growl at each other if we get a little too close.

2:23 PM  
Anonymous Jeannie Marvin's Ma said...

No surprises!

As long as you love them, their personalities don't matter!

you love them, and that is all there is to say, they are different, but they are also part of your life, a wonderful part of your life.

a part which makes you happy, and a part which you will always treasure.

And as for bunking off to South Africa, those two boys live such an interesting, if geographically challenged life! LOL! ;0D

Jeannie xxxxxxx

3:14 PM  
Blogger The WriggleButts said...

How cool - a bit extra insight into the boys personalities! I just want to smooch both of them. Even if Joey miht object...

Ane

3:18 PM  
Blogger Two French Bulldogs said...

Boy mom's sure do fib. They are grumpy sometimes and call us grumpy too. Can't wait to hear what you have to say about this.
Benny & Lily

3:27 PM  
Blogger wally said...

This is very interesting and sounds a little like me and my brudder Oscar. He is a total doofus AND a total snugglebug while I am much more aloof. But I do like to be with my mom but really only my mom. Oh, and I have to have another dog around although I've never really played a lot with anyone before Oscar. So we're really not like you guys much except that Oscar is a doof.

wally t.

5:18 PM  
Blogger Lola Smiles said...

you guys are incredibly lucky to have each other! very jealous!

5:36 PM  
Blogger Lorenza said...

Hi, Joey and Tanner's Mom!
It is very interesting that you told us about Joey and Tanner personalities!
Kisses and hugs
Lorenza

7:06 PM  
Blogger Mack said...

I am so glad there is a BT out there like me that is not all cuddly and everything!

6:59 PM  
Blogger Lindsay said...

I loved this post!! It's great to get your insights into Joe's and Tanner's personalities - and every dog has his or her own!

Dannan's Girl

11:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home