Joe Stains

This is the blog of an angry old boston terrier. (and his little brother Tanner who gets to post every Tuesday)

Thursday, August 27, 2009

4 years of Tanner...

I can't believe that Tanner has lived with us for FOUR years! If you don't know Tanner's story, he was born in Ohio and was living with a family there and they decided that they were all of the sudden 'allergic' to him. (probably had NOTHING to do with the fact that he chewed EVERYTHING in sight.) So off Tanner went to jail, scared and alone. Then my nice Aunt Patty, who does lots of work for the Ashtabula County shelter, happened to be at the shelter and saw this shivering lump of Boston Terrier in a cage. She of course called my Mom and Dad and asked if they were interested in giving him a furever home since they already had one wonderful, charming, handsome and charismatic Boston. Seeing as how I do not have thumbs I was unable to intercept the call in time to scream a resounding NOOOO. They said YES and Tanner was whisked out of jail into foster care at nice Aunt Patty's house. She then drove him all the way across the country to Arizona, and 4 years ago today that journey ended.

then MY journey began. I had to learn to share. I had to learn to have my sleep disturbed. I had to learn that Cowboy Pig was not indestructible. I had to learn that Mom and Dad did not belong to just me. I also had to learn that my new brother was a DOOFUS. So I guess that if I had to have a Doofus brother, I am glad I have this one. I guess.

Petey sort of sums it up tho...




Thanks for the great card Petey, but I don't know how much of our deposit we'd even get back at this point. hehe.

BUT the good news is, we got WISHBONES to celebrate Tanner's gotcha day!!




YUMMMM




Tanner dove right in to his...




I prefer a more studious and measured approach.




Um yes, did I mention he was a Doofus??

Not convinced???





Still not???








Mom says these are wishbones... I am about to make my wish...




CRAP he is still there!!




I think this thing is broken!!

Oh well, Happy Gotcha Day DOOFUS.

38 Stains:

Blogger TwoSpecialWires said...

Oh, Joey! You know you love him. Admit it!

On a completely other note. How come your blog posts don't show up as an update on our bloglist? We miss your new posts all the time because of that. Could you add us to your email addresses that get notified when you post a new blog? Our email addy is on our blog.

We don't want to miss anything. Especially any more wishbones.

Yours,
Jake and Fergi xxoo

8:20 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Now Joey, you know when you get a sore tooth and you kind of can't help poking at it with your tongue and it hurts, but you kinda like poking at it?

That kinda sums up your relationship with Tanner!!!!

Happy Gotcha Day!

Your pal,

Petey

8:23 PM  
Blogger Huskee and Hershey said...

Happy Gotcha Day, Tanner!!

Joey, I hate to tell you this, but I think the deposit is all gone by now.. so you might as well make the best out of it and enjoy Tanner?!! He does make us laugh (a lot)!! And admit it, deep down there's a teeny-weeny itsy-bitsy part of you that knows you can live without him right? :P

8:56 PM  
Blogger Huskee and Hershey said...

Ohhh one more thing.. my mom said that tattooing is indeed VERY addictive. She's already planning her next tattoo design... paw prints!! OMdoG!!

8:57 PM  
Blogger MJ's doghouse said...

wow doof...four years...good for you....and joey....good for you for being such a great brother today...

9:33 PM  
Blogger Randi said...

AWWWW!!!!!!!!!!!!

HAPPY GOTCHA DAY TANNER!!!

(((NOT SO HAPPY BUMMER DAY JOEY!)))

I'm gonna eat extra food tomorrow in honor of TANNERS GOTCHA DAY!!!!

& I have to make my mom/secretary update your bloggy addy to my bloggy...just like the two special wires, Jake & Fergi, I am missing so much!

love & licks,
Randi

9:38 PM  
Blogger NAK and The Residents of The Khottage Now With KhattleDog! said...

Ah yes!

The Doofus is sooooo furry lukhky!

He's got woo!
He's got your furry nice mom and dad!

So WHAT if it is 128 degrees almost evfurry day!?!?

Happy Gotcha Day Tanner!

Hugz&Khysses,
Khyra

2:56 AM  
Blogger Abby said...

Hi, Joey & Tanner...

Happy Gotcha Day to you...
Happy Gotcha Day to you...
Happy Gotcha Day, Dear Tanner...
Happy Gotcha Day to you...

So...Joey: Are you ready for the next 4 yrs??

Abby xxxooo

3:05 AM  
Blogger Dexter said...

He is such a doofus that he makes you look even more wonderful! How about that?

Happy gotcha day to Tanner!

Slobbers,
Mango

P.S. Ya know I read your bloggy for some time before I even figured out who this Tanner guy was, I mean, I knew you had a brother named Doofus, but...

3:19 AM  
Blogger Mack said...

Happy, happy gotcha day Tanner Stains!

4:50 AM  
Blogger Sophie Brador said...

Joey! I don't want you to think I am being disloyal to you by wishing Tanner a Happy Gotcha Day, but if he could have been gotcha'd by anybody, he was darn lucky it was you.

xo
SB

P.S. Yesterday, we went for a big walk, and Riggins was with my auntie and me and mom walked off a ways for a few minutes and then auntie walked over with Riggins and I got all excited to see him. Do you think that means I've lost my marbles?

P.P.S. Don't tell anyone.

5:56 AM  
Blogger Gus said...

Those look yummy...but the Doofus still looks like a Doofus. Happy Gotcha day...
gussie n teka

6:03 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

How is it that anyone could give up that Cute Dog? Tanner is lucky to have found a great home. Bastards who threw him away,

6:08 AM  
Blogger Ruby Bleu said...

Happy Gotcha Day Tan-Man!!!

I just couldn't imagine it if you weren't around! We love you and all your craziness...and deep down inside, so does Joe!!!

Lots of Licks, Ruby

6:31 AM  
Blogger Astrid Keel said...

Awwww! I can feel the reluctant love between you two all the way through the computer screen! You are both so adowable!

6:34 AM  
Blogger Kelly said...

TANNER! I am so happy that you've been with your family for 4 years!!

The thought of you being scared and alone in jail made me so sad. THANKS to your awesome auntie for calling your parents and breakin' you out!!!

I know Joey acts all tough, but he totally loves you! We ALL do!!!

7:03 AM  
Blogger Rosie said...

LMAO - Great post
Happy Gotcha Day Tanner!
I think Joey really wished for a big wet kiss!!

7:10 AM  
Blogger Moco said...

Into all lives a little doofus must fall.

10:00 AM  
Blogger Martha said...

Oh Joey
We didn't know Tanner's story and we are so very glad that your Aunt spotted him.
That sounds like one very special Aunt to us.
We are so happy for Tanner and you of course.
We know it is hard to share, toys, parents etc but we know you wouldn't have half as much fun on your own!!!
Happy Gotcha day Tanner.
love and kisses
Martha & Bailey xxxx

10:26 AM  
Blogger Deanna said...

Happy Happy Day!!!

11:11 AM  
Blogger Fred said...

Aw, sweet sweet story! Even if you did have to learn to share. ;P And those pictures were, um, special. ;P

11:59 AM  
Blogger wally said...

Joe, you did a great thing rescuing your brudder. Imagine how much MORE of a Doofus he would be without your guidance. Happy Gotcha Day, Tanner!

wally t.

12:30 PM  
Blogger The Army of Four said...

HAPPY TANNAVERSARY!!!!!
You know you love him, Joey. Really. You do.


Don't you?
Love,
Ammy
PS: That card is VERY clever!!!

1:20 PM  
Blogger the TN Bull Terrors said...

WOOHOO! Happy Gotcha Day to BOTH of you!

Feather, Darla, Pappy & LizzaBella
^..^

2:35 PM  
Blogger Ozzie, Rocky and Lola said...

Happy Gotcha Day Tannerooski! Hange in there Joey!
Ozzie & Rocky

2:52 PM  
Blogger ♥♥ The OP Pack ♥♥ said...

Happy Gotcha Day, Tanner!!! And happy wishing to Joey.

Have a great weekend, the OP Pack

5:27 PM  
Blogger doyle and mollie said...

oh man after the last few days we so needed a laugh and boy did you give us a great laugh, b has tears streaming down her face - she says her tummy is sore cos she laughing so hard... it was a great release, it's a great story, tanner is a lucky dog! you are great family and we thank you for being our friend!

6:40 PM  
Blogger Noah the Airedale said...

Joey, Tanner might be a doofus but he's one lucky boy to have ended up with your pinkies and a very cool big brother.
Happy gotcha day Tanner mate.

tailwags
Noah Willow Tess Lucy x

6:41 PM  
Blogger The Oceanside Animals said...

At least you got some yummy wishbones out of the deal, right? That sort of makes it kind of worth it right? Right? Joey?

6:49 PM  
Blogger Emily and Ike said...

Happy adopteration day Doofus Face!
Ike

7:40 PM  
Blogger Lorenza said...

Happy Gotcha Day Tanner!
Joey, I know he came to change your life! Yes, he is a Doofus but you enjoy having him with you!
Those wishbones look like a pawesome way to celebrate!
Kisses and hugs
Lorenza

8:01 PM  
Blogger Mollie Jo and Bobo said...

Happy Gotcha day Tanner! Sorry Joe!

-Mollie and Bobo

8:05 PM  
Blogger Teddy said...

Aww..I liked reading that story about Tanner and how he made the journey to your place. Your mom and dad were very kind to open their hearts to him. Of course, you made it possible by showing them how wonderful Bostons can be. I know you gripe about him, but you'd miss him if he was gone ;)

PS: Hee hee, he does look like a Doofus though!

8:55 PM  
Blogger Dughallmor Beagles said...

Yaayy, Happy Gotcha Day Tanner....and commiserations Joey, though we know you DO love him loads really! And umm....sorry we're late. Again.

We came to tag you for the oops I ate it award if you wanna play....seems like your kinda thing, especially after reading the beginning of this post, hehe...eh Tanner?
Oh yeah.....and we're like the Two Wires, your feed doesn't show up on our blog....why is that?

Anyway, hope you can play....no worries if you can't...and congratulations again on four years of brotherly bliss!
Slobbers xx

4:04 AM  
Blogger Molly the Airedale said...

Happy gotcha day, Tanner!
We hope you and Joey are together forever! You're the dynamic duo to us!

Wavin' at you from Nantucket,
Love ya lots,
Maggie and Mitch

4:32 AM  
Blogger Murphy Dogg said...

Happy Gotcha Day, Tan Man!

6:15 AM  
Anonymous Marvin said...

we are sorry to be late in commenting, I have been busy eating............things......things which are totally not for on here, but kinda tasty
and causing my J much stress!

we are raising a glass to 4 years even though it is late!

Marvin xxxxxxxxxx

12:14 PM  
Anonymous Marvin said...

Belated Happy Gotcha Day, Tanner!

I think your bruv loves you a little bit you know!

8:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home