Joe Stains

This is the blog of an angry old boston terrier. (and his little brother Tanner who gets to post every Tuesday)

Sunday, August 30, 2009

Name Game and Tag and award

We have a lot of stuff to cover today! First of all we have been tagged by our friends the Dughallmor Beagles to talk about stuff we ate.




This could take up a week's worth of entries, but I will just do some highlights.

ME: Lets just talk about the actual edible things I ate and swallowed, not the stuff I chewed up. (that would be about a month's worth of entries.) I ate a taco I found on my walkies, most of the wrapper too. I am fast! I stole a hot pocket from my uncle once and ate most of that before Mom got it back. I also shark attacked my great gram and got most of a plate of nachos. Did I mention I am fast??

Tanner: Right after he came here he found a donut COVERED IN ANTS on our walkies and ate that. He ate an Oreo cookie he found on walkies too. I think the chocolate consumption explains a lot. (we used to live in an apartment complex and people were always dropping food for some reason.) Tanner also stole half a chocolate cupcake at Mom and Dad's wedding. again, the chocolate consumption and the death of brain cells is really telling. Tanner also stole a bag of chex mix while Mom was in the bathroom one day and I MAY have had some of it. Maybe. I was out of there the second the bathroom door opened. Agian, I am FAST!

Ok, next our friend Ike has tagged us to talk about our names and how we got them.

ME: My name is Joseph Brains Stains. The name Joey just came upon my Dad one day as he looked at me. My first Mom named me Woody, which Dad did not like. No offense to my buddy Woody the bull terrier, but it just did not suit me. My middle name is Brains, as I am the brains of this operation. Finally Stains is self explanatory. I made a LOT before my Mom met my Dad...and a few after.

Tanner: We have no idea why Tanner is named Tanner because he was sent to jail by the family that gave him that name. As for his name of Doofus face...well, just watch this oldy but goody...

Doofus Face from Rhonda on Vimeo.



Finally we have an award from our new friends, Mack and Sally Ann




Thanks guys! We love making new friends.

I will end with a very handsome photo of me with my Yankees blanket, as this is why you come here. right?

handsome stains

26 Stains:

Blogger The Oceanside Animals said...

hello joey its dennis the vizla dog hay ants crawling all over a donut is just like sprinkels rite??? rite!!! only crunchy and with legs and ewwwww thats not reely like sprinkels at all!!! ok bye

1:30 PM  
Blogger Sally Ann and Andy said...

Hi Joe,
This is Sally Ann. Tanner really isn't that bad. As a baby sister, I love my big brother Mack. I think Tanner really loves you, and he just wants to be like you. I know I just want to be like Mack.
Sally Ann

1:59 PM  
Blogger Dexter said...

That is just about the most handsomest photo of you ever. I could almost smooch you myself.

The Tanner movie... sigh.

Slobbers,
Mango

2:41 PM  
Blogger Sophie Brador said...

Right! The only reason I visit your blog is to see your stupendously handsome handsome face. You are a very good looking boy.

xo
SB

3:41 PM  
Blogger NAK and The Residents of The Khottage Now With KhattleDog! said...

*SIGH!*

I'm with SB!

Hugz&Khysses,
Khyra
PeeEssWoo: Auntie Di told Mom your monsoons might be khoming at the end of the week - maybe woo should go visit SB or me!

4:27 PM  
Blogger ♥♥ The OP Pack ♥♥ said...

Congrats on all your awards - loved the name sharing. We didn't know your middle name was Brains - quite appropriate!!!

Maybe those ants are still crawling around inside Tanner and that is his problem:)

woos, the OP Pack

4:42 PM  
Blogger The Army of Four said...

Woo. That taco sure sounds good.
Luv,
Dave

4:49 PM  
Blogger Lorenza said...

Hi, Joey!
You two have the perfect names!
Tanner ate a donut with ants?? Hmmmm.... Yes... Doofus!
Kisses and hugs
Lorenza

5:36 PM  
Blogger Stella said...

Thats exactly why I come here, Joe, to see your very handsome face. Did you know you are the guy who got us blogging? My mom used to have a Boston like you when she was little and she found your blog at Patience's, started reading it, and boom! just like that we got one of our own. Thanks, Joe!

I never really understood why you called Tanner Doofus Face, but I sure do now! Perfect name.

Kisses,
Stella

7:05 PM  
Blogger Chef said...

Oh dear God, did Tanner really eat a donut with ants crawling on it?? Yeesh. That's making even me wretch and I'm not too selective about what I eat. What if they're still inside you, Tanner, having baby ants??? I'd get an enema going if I were you. Maybe it's not too late.

xo
Chef

8:51 PM  
Blogger Emily and Ike said...

Doofus Face really has a way with the camera, doesn't he?
Ike

9:49 PM  
Blogger Morgan in Pittsburgh said...

you shark attacked your great granny for nachos?? BOL! that's pretty bold - I like that. Thanks for all the birthday well-wishes.
your pal, Morgan

10:51 PM  
Blogger Abby said...

Hi, Joey...

I love the picture of you with your Yankee Blanket...

You are sooooo handsome...

Abby xxxooo

3:23 AM  
Blogger TwoSpecialWires said...

Well. We were in a bad mood when we first got here. (Our Girl has left us - she packed a bag and left.) But now we are just fine again. (Hahaha! If only she knew!)

Your blog post made us go from wags to hysterical out-of-control running around the house craziness! You make us laugh right out loud. From the junk you eat to the faces you make! ("You guys are beyond cute. You're adorable", says Fergi.)

So, what's this about one of you at the sleepover? Huh?

Fergi and Jake xxoo

8:06 AM  
Blogger Deefor said...

Hi Joe
Tanner's faces cracked me up. You guys did some great food snatching.

8:09 AM  
Anonymous Marvin said...

oh my, a Tanner A Day, keeps the blues away.

That was such a funny vid. about Tanner!

I often wondered how he got the name.

And yes, I read this blog because of you Joe!!!!

Thank you for making us laugh today!

8:23 AM  
Blogger Fred said...

Awesome video!!! Maybe apartment-living is the key to finding yummy stuffs because I find deelicious food all the time on my walks!!!

8:53 AM  
Blogger Nibbles Treats said...

Joe, you crack us up!

Lots of treats,
Tinkerbell, Oscar and Tucker

9:45 AM  
Blogger Patience-please said...

He he he he hehe heheheheheh!

laughing too hard to comment wags from the whippets

9:56 AM  
Blogger Mollie Jo and Bobo said...

Congrats on the awards. That video is telling and pawsome! The music choice was perfect! Thanks for sharing. Joe I love your full name. You have some pretty good foodie stories also. A taco and the wrapper...Oh My!


Wags and Licks,
Mollie Jo & Bobo

10:52 AM  
Blogger Eric said...

Hey Joey,help. I'm wagging worried. Think I take after Tanner on the stealing food stuffie. Got that tag to do too, i'll fess up. Maybe.

Wiry love an kisses Eric xx

3:28 PM  
Blogger Life With Dogs said...

That is an impressive theft record by any standard - but I bet that hot pocket put an extra large smile on your face. I'll be quiet about baseball for the sake of friendship. :p

4:13 PM  
Blogger Lillie Valentine said...

Joe Stains:
We request your assistance in detectivery. Someone stole our KITTY!!!
Lillie Valentine

6:03 PM  
Blogger Huskee and Hershey said...

Ooh... Ant flavoured donut??! Yp Tanner.. how did that taste? it must've contained a lot of protein huh?!!

Geez... it's ALMOST proven about what chocolates can do to us doggies.. not good.. not good at all.

10:19 PM  
Blogger Bae Bae said...

That is a really handsome picture of you. ;)

~ Bae

2:44 AM  
Blogger Tee said...

Hello there Handsome Stains,

We also think Doofus is quite charming! hehehe.

Licks and wags

The Dog WOods Pack

9:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home