Joe Stains

This is the blog of an angry old boston terrier. (and his little brother Tanner who gets to post every Tuesday)

Sunday, March 22, 2009

You can't touch this!

So a lot of dogs agree that they do not like to be picked up and some of the bigger dogs wish that they could be held. Not me, I just hate being grabbed, hugged, snuggled, kissed etc. UNLESS I decide that you may pet me, I wish to be left alone. My super adorable girlfriend Sophie is the same way, that is why we are so perfect for each other.




Here I am just laying in bed, thinking about Sophie, when all of the sudden EVIL HANDS OF SNUGGLING DOOM reach in...



Did you see I even FELL OVER just to get away. I need a do not disturb sign for my LIFE.

In case you missed the Doofus Face, here he is in the Snuggle Ball...




He has his stink all over that thing now, so I very rarely go in it. Well, Dad is sick so I am going to go lay in bed near him and maybe fart a little to help clear up his sinuses. Have a great Sunday!

32 Stains:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tanner looks like a snuggler. Our other 44 pounder refuses to be touched and gets very upset if you pick him up.

9:11 AM  
Blogger Jake of Florida said...

Hey -- I think we'd have to find another home if we didn't let our humans pick us up for cuddles. I, Jake, have found a retreat as far under the table as I can get in the Camelot room where we all hang out most of the time. And JH loves to be under the coffee table in the living room or in my unused cubicle (crate).

But periodically we get summoned to satisfy the cuddling needs of our humans and we reluctantly obey -- who knows what would happen if we didn't!!!

So we admire your independence and yet, and yet -- if your dad is sick and needs some TLC, perhaps giving in once or twice wouldn't be such a bad deal.

Jake

9:16 AM  
Blogger Martha said...

We sometimes like being cuddled and sometimes we don't!
Shows you are an independent sort of a dog - nothing wrong with that. You could even have been a basset!
Great idea about the farting for clearing the sinuses - must try that!
love
Martha & Bailey xx

9:22 AM  
Blogger Stanislaw said...

I LOVE to be pet, snuggled, grabbed, held, kissed, squeezed... In fact, Big Pupi and I demand it most of the time. Big Pupi will even insist on pressing himself as hard as he can up against our people on the sofa, or at least having 1/2 of his body lying on their laps. I like to lick dad in the ear and then stand on him where it hurts to have 25 pounds of beast standing.

Humans are the BEST play things! How can you not like snuggles?

9:31 AM  
Blogger Mack said...

I just know the farting will make him better. How could it not?

My dad tried to snuggle with me this morning and I bit the holy mess outta him!

9:53 AM  
Blogger Lorenza said...

Hi, Joey!
I hope your Dad feels better soon!
I am sure some farting will make the trick!
Kisses and hugs
Lorenza

10:20 AM  
Blogger Chef said...

No one around here can pick me up because I'm 75 pounds but I bet I could pick up my Mama. But I get my face shmoooshed up and cuddled and kissed all the time. I admire your aloofness but I bet if you just relax and go with it, you might learn to like it. As for sinus-clearing farts, let me know if it works because I could do that for a living.

xoxo
Chef

10:59 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Joey - I'm kinda like you. I'll cuddle, but I'll decide when I want to cuddle, not you, Mom. Mica on the other hand is a bit of a -- well, you know. He'll crawl on top of anyone who even looks his way. Right now he's cozying up to the corner of Mom's computer, like that's going to pet him back!

Your pal.

Petey

11:27 AM  
Blogger NAK and The Residents of The Khottage Now With KhattleDog! said...

Mom wishes I would khuddle but I don't BUT I do make sure I am furry khlose to where she is!

Sorry your dad has the sikhkies...I'm sure you'll help him feel better.

Hugz&Khysses,
Khyra
PeeEssWoo: Make sure woo give your mom some extra help...sikhk men khan be a challenge!

11:58 AM  
Blogger Molly the Airedale said...

I'm a very stand offish girl most of the time! I don't like to be mauled either, Joey! Mitch loves it though!

Love ya lots
Maggie and Mitch

12:27 PM  
Blogger Abby said...

Hi, Joey...

I hope you Dad feels better soon...

That was a nice move to get out of the snuggle hold...

Abby xxxooo

1:13 PM  
Blogger Gus said...

We hope your dad feels lots better soonest. We think that if a hooman is sickie, some internal drive makes them want to cuddle doggies. You can earn lots of treats that way Joey.

gus

1:54 PM  
Blogger The Army of Four said...

I'm with you, Joe. Seriously. I like my space.
Play bows,
Zim

2:00 PM  
Blogger Sophie Brador said...

You need your own snuggle ball. Hope you dad gets better soon.

xo
SB

3:25 PM  
Blogger Rosie said...

You fooled me again with that jingling collar. I was barking away at that sound - thought fur sure another dog came into my house.

3:49 PM  
Blogger wally said...

Oh. I like to snuggle but only with my ma ape and sometimes my other ape. It sounds like you did a great job helping your dad with his snuffiness. Good job, Dr. Stains!

wally t.

4:36 PM  
Blogger Ozzie, Rocky and Lola said...

I totally understand where you are coming from Joe! I HATE to snuggle (unless it's my idea-I usually am only doing it then because I want something). Ozzie is always all lovey dovey though, yuck! Hope your farts get your Dad all better soon!
Rocky

4:37 PM  
Blogger Stella said...

To each his own, Joe, to each his own!

Kisses,
Stella

PeeEss: Give your Dad our best wishes for a quick recovery.

4:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

OMD - don't listen to these dogs who say snuggling is GOOD! I don't believe it. Not one bit.

I do the whole "pretend you're dead and arrange yourself in inconvenient positions for picking up" stuff too. In fact, I GROWL at anyone who picks me up except Massah. The only time I allow anyone to touch me is it I want my bum scratched.

My brother, on the other hand, is an attention-whore. one of his nicknames is Cuddle-Snuggler. He'll sprawl all over anyone he can reach. Disgusting.

5:15 PM  
Blogger ♥♥ The OP Pack ♥♥ said...

Maybe Dad would feel better if you snuggled a bit:) Does Tanner ever do anything you like? BOL

Woos, the OP Pack

5:49 PM  
Blogger Mason Dixie said...

Hope your farting helps. and if your dad needs a snuggle I can help with that. =)

6:16 PM  
Blogger Teddy said...

Ooh, I hope the farts helped make your dad feel better.

Teddy

6:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Aw, Joe, sorry your dad is sick. I hope he feels better soon.

See ya!
Joey

7:16 PM  
Blogger Bae Bae said...

Oh.. Me no like to be touch too. How nice of you to help clear your dad's sinus

~ Bae

9:38 PM  
Blogger Asta said...

you awe evew so considewate, hehehehfawt in his face to cleaw up his sinooses..I bet that makes youw dad get well weally fast
smoochie kisses
(even if you don't want them)
love
Asta

10:29 PM  
Blogger Lacey said...

I hop on the bed and give the girl a 3 minute snuggle every morning. After that, no more, the snuggle factory is closed. BLU likes to snuggle, as long as the girl doesn't try to pick her up to do it.

10:46 PM  
Blogger MJ's doghouse said...

good for you joey...a good fartnever hurt anyone...my dad always thanks me when i fart for him....it is a true gift

11:51 PM  
Blogger Suzuki said...

I love cuddles! But not in frot of Tahlia and Scooby. I don't like to show weakness in front of them...
Big licks to you
Suzuki
xxx

2:51 AM  
Blogger The WriggleButts said...

I don't mind being held but sometimes I dislike the actual picking up. I don't like hands coming for my head - Mom say I have a very well developed doggy language so when people try to attack my head I give calming signals and back away. Once in someones arms I tend to fall asleep.. that's some dead weight for you!

7:57 AM  
Blogger Princess Patches said...

We hope your farts worked to open up your dad's sinuses! Around here, nodoggie gets picked up...we're just too darned big! We do like to snuggle, but only when WE feel like it!

Aire-hugs,
Poppy, Penny & Patches

10:17 AM  
Blogger Moco said...

Nothing like a good fart or 12 or clear the old head. Let them out silently so as to surprise him. He will be over his sickness in no time or think he is dead.

11:54 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Fanny popping works well for clearing sinus's and rooms! Hope your dad feels better!

Wags,
Pruett and Daphne

9:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home