Joe Stains

This is the blog of an angry old boston terrier. (and his little brother Tanner who gets to post every Tuesday)

Monday, March 16, 2009

My Big Break...

I am not sure if you are aware, but I have been cast in an important role in an upcoming production called, Beagadoon. You can learn more about it at Petey's blog.

It is in all the papers already so I am getting kind of nervous...
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
(photo by Petey)

Sophie is in it too, and she is an accomplished actress. I hope I don't disappoint her! She sat by me during the read through, and I didn't hear her laugh or anything so hopefully I did ok.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
(photo by Petey)

I asked Mom for help and she suggested I watch some movies with great male actors. Tanner said he would also like to help...you can just guess which movie HE suggested of the four...

movie studies

omdog, I have to go rehearse more, I have to be perfect, I can't let them down!!!

32 Stains:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Karate Kid? It would sharpen your moves Joe. (Funny that your parents have the DVD.)

7:17 PM  
Blogger NAK and The Residents of The Khottage Now With KhattleDog! said...

I'm nervous too!

After all, I get to plan Ben The Handsome Rotti Kharakhter's WIFE!

I've SOOOO got to work on me akhcent (as they say)!

I'm still looking furward to one kikhkass khast pawty!

Hugz&Khysses,
Khyra

7:23 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Joey,

I gotta say, man, I've been watching the dailies and I think your performance is the stuff of Oscar nominations... And your scenes with Sophie, well, the stuff of legends. A canine Lombard and Gable!

Your pal, director and co-star,

Petey

9:22 PM  
Blogger Lorenza said...

Hi, Joey!
Don't worry! I know you are going to do a pawesome job! And Sophie will give you tons of kisses for that!
We are watching the baseball game. It is not that I don't have faith but when its important Mexico never wins! Hmmmm...
Have a good night
Kisses and hugs
Lorenza

9:27 PM  
Blogger Lacy said...

w00f's Joe and Tanner, ooo Joey u will b pawsome...cant wait to c u in action...

b safe,
~rocky~

9:39 PM  
Blogger Asta said...

Joey
Calm down..I know you'll be pawfect..Sophie confided in me ..she thinks you wewe amazing..but I'd watch those movies just fow the womance, and Tannew's fow ???
smoochie kisses
ASTA

10:19 PM  
Blogger Noah the Airedale said...

Mate, you'll be fine. You're pawfect for the role.
My sissies and I are in Beagledoon too. We're dancers haaa haaa, ah that is so funny, except I nearly pierced myself with that damn sword.

tailwags
Noah

10:28 PM  
Blogger Marvin -The Hollow Hound said...

oh Joe, you will be fine! I suggest Tanner watches "Braveheart" taking special interest in the Mel Gibson role, as William Wallace.

I can just see Tanner with a blue face somehow!

lotsaluv, Marvin xxxxx

10:50 PM  
Blogger Marvin -The Hollow Hound said...

sorry Joe, a few weeks ago, you left your blog link address on a comment, as we do not have the right feed for you on my blog roll.

As usual, my Jeannie, disorganised, blah blah blah, cannot find your comment now.

Could you leave a note of it again either on my chat box or something?

thank you, Marvin x

11:03 PM  
Blogger Bae Bae said...

You'll be a pawsome actor Joey

~ Bae

11:15 PM  
Blogger Tee said...

Karate Kid? He's got cool dorky moves. You could learn a thing or two if beagadoon requires a fighting scene ;)

LIcks and Wags,

TUffy of Dog WOods

2:08 AM  
Blogger Martha said...

Break a leg Joe!!

No, not really, that is acting speak for good luck mum tell us!!

See you on set.

love
Martha & Bailey xx

2:12 AM  
Blogger Suzuki said...

Hey Joe
I'm starting to get nervous too :o
Big licks to you
Suzuki
xxx

2:34 AM  
Blogger Molly the Airedale said...

We've got our popcorn and we are waitng for the show to begin! Break a leg, Joey!

Love ya lots,
Maggie and Mitch

2:59 AM  
Blogger Aki and Poopie said...

geez.. joey.. my hooman is clueless about those movies.. hehe.. better run off to the video store, quick!

hope you have a lovely time at the read-through though..

drooly kisses,

Aki

3:34 AM  
Blogger Abby said...

Hi, Joey...

Tanner is really into the classics...

I can't wait to see your performance...I know you will be awesome...

Abby xxxooo

3:51 AM  
Blogger Mack said...

Oh I can't wait!
Hey, I know a little lady who has her own airline.....(hint, hint....premiere night...)

5:17 AM  
Blogger umekotyan said...

Good evening joey
There is a funny movie.
I am waiting the enjoyment of the preview.
And, it is popcorn in a happy movie. :D
Karate Kid write 空手キッド.

from loved ume tyan

5:31 AM  
Blogger Emily and Ike said...

I think you should go for a Johnny Depp Pirates sort of vibe.
Ike

6:07 AM  
Blogger wally said...

Do you have a makeout scene? You'd better practice with Sophie just in case.

wally t.

6:20 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm sure you'll do great, Joe! You're a natural!

See ya!
Joey

6:25 AM  
Blogger Gus said...

Joey! You will be marvelous. Just focus on Soph and you will do wonderfully.

Gussie

6:53 AM  
Blogger Stanislaw said...

In the case of a forgotten line or a missed mark...

fart.

It's the best distraction there is. Let a good loud one rip and no one will remember your mistake!

7:54 AM  
Blogger The Oceanside Animals said...

(SINGING)

"One of these DVDs is not like the others ..."

7:54 AM  
Blogger Petra said...

We have been out of the loop for awhile, but I'm behind you all the way, Joey, and I'm sure you will be PERFECT!

Thank you for your kind thoughts and words during the illness and passing of my grandpa. You are loved!

8:48 AM  
Blogger The Army of Four said...

That is REALLY sweet of Sophie to sit next to you. That's very supportive!
Love,
Ammy

9:39 AM  
Blogger Simba and Jazzi said...

Good luck we'll be keeping our paws crossed for you .

Simba and Jazzi xxx

12:24 PM  
Blogger Moco said...

Wax on, wax off. Need more be said. Those others are pretty good movies also. We are sure a Tony is in your future.

2:23 PM  
Blogger The Black and Tans. said...

Joe could I come and listen to you practising your part.

I can't stand it with Taffy anymore, he keeps "throwing his toys out of the pram" and really is being most difficult.

Molly

2:35 PM  
Blogger Stella said...

Just relax, take it easy, and don't get rattled. Because you know, if you do, some doofuss will want to be your stand-in, and try and get your part.

So just be cool, even when you don't feel cool. And you will pull it off!

Kisses,
Stella

5:18 PM  
Blogger Tadpole said...

Joseph Stains! We haven't commented forever, but I have a secret to tell you: our girl has read every one of your posts, whether she read anyone else's through the past 6 weeks or not! :-) And you made her smile continually. So THANKS! (she especially liked Tanner's "looking at two things at once trick"... I think it reminds her of Fig).

Taddy and Figgy
(and the girl)

5:34 PM  
Blogger ♥♥ The OP Pack ♥♥ said...

Beagadoon is going to be pawesome - it has such a great cast and directing crew. We are following all the action. Go break a leg, Joe.

Woos, the OP Pack

5:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home