Joe Stains

This is the blog of an angry old boston terrier. (and his little brother Tanner who gets to post every Tuesday)

Saturday, March 21, 2009

I do not like being picked up...

Since Tanner shared some of his tricks, I thought I would share one of mine. If Dad or Mom tries to pick me up I play dead and roll into the most inconvenient position so that they cannot do it. I hate being picked up. After I perform my trick Tanner gets jealous and tries to steal the show by fighting me. BUZZ OFF DOOFUS.

Enjoy the video and have a GREAT Saturday!

26 Stains:

Blogger Sophie Brador said...

I just can't believe the sorts of things you and I have to put up with. Being kissed, being picked up, and then to top it off, being harassed by other dogs. I envisaged a paradise where you and I can ignore each other forever ... and eat tons of food.

xo
SB

10:09 AM  
Blogger The Army of Four said...

I would like to be picked up, I think. No one even tries, though. I don't know why. Woo.
Luv,
Dave

11:15 AM  
Blogger NAK and The Residents of The Khottage Now With KhattleDog! said...

Are woo part woolybearkhattiepillar?

Nice trikhk!

BTW, I khould have tried to kharry woo on my rokhk khlimbing expedition! Make sure woo watch tomorrow's videos...woo will enjoy the akhtion!

Hugz&Khysses,
Khyra

11:35 AM  
Blogger Abby said...

Hi, Joey...

I totally understand...I have a thing about being picked up too...

Now, anyone can pick me up if I am already standing up...But, if I am laying down, I won't let anyone pick me up...Not even my Mom...

Everybody thinks it's strange...I'm really happy to find someone who understands...

Abby xxxooo

11:59 AM  
Blogger Moco said...

You are so good at fooling your hoomans.

12:11 PM  
Blogger Mason Dixie said...

Why do you not liked to be picked up? I wish I were still small to be picked up.

12:44 PM  
Blogger Murphy Dogg said...

Hey Joe,
I'm with you on the picking up thing. I do the "roll over, lay down" too.
And if someone does succeed at picking me up, I make the most miserable, pissy face ever.
C-ya,
Murphy Dogg

1:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Our 70 pound golden still demands to be picked up like a baby. I oblige.

1:15 PM  
Blogger Stella said...

I would like to be picked up too, but I weigh about 50 pounds and my Mom says "Not now, not ever, Stella".

Maybe if we had a Sumo wrestler in our family he would like to pick me up just for exercise!

Kisses,
Stella

1:20 PM  
Blogger Lacy said...

w00f's, me not minds being piked up...heehee, me gives kissies..

b safe,
~rocky~

1:46 PM  
Blogger Mack said...

That is a great trick Joey! I'm gonna have to try that one - usually what I do when I am threatened with being picked up or cuddled is I bite!

2:10 PM  
Blogger Molly the Airedale said...

We don't like being picked up either, Joey! For us it usually means being dumped into the bathtub!

Love ya lots
Maggie and Mitch

2:57 PM  
Blogger Rosie said...

Mommy played this video and I heard the clatter of your collar and thought some other dog was in my house - I barked and barked until she finally convinced me it was only your video. All my hair was straight up in the air!!

4:22 PM  
Blogger MJ's doghouse said...

i try that too joe...but my dumb brother picks me up and gives me belly noogies anyhow...he is too strong....but your trick is very impressive...

5:00 PM  
Blogger Lorenza said...

Hi, Joey!
I don't like that either!
Everytime I see my mom traying to reach me to pick me up I run away!
I hope you all are having a great weekend!
Kisses and hugs
Lorenza

6:11 PM  
Blogger Emily and Ike said...

Ok, so by your age, you should know that being picked up is pretty awesome.
Ike

7:44 PM  
Blogger Lacey said...

Great trick Joey!
BLU does that same trick when the girl tries to pick her up. She weighs more so it is really hard. You should see her when they try to put her on the scale at the vet.

10:28 PM  
Blogger Joey said...

Jack's body goes all limp and soft whenever HC wants to carry him. More like a little lamb. But if there's omeone near us, then his body will get all rigid - to protect himself.
Joey

10:54 PM  
Blogger Dexter said...

That is a good trick and one that I excel at. Tanner is jealous because all his tricks are goofy and not dignified such as yours.

Slobbers,
Mango

P.S. What is being picked up?

3:33 AM  
Blogger The Black and Tans. said...

Taffy likes to be picked up, however, there is a lot of gggrrrrrrrrr'ing when you try to put him down.

Happy Sunday.

Molly xx

5:22 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't care to be picked up... but CM doesn't mind.
hugs,
Sitka

6:24 AM  
Blogger Molly the Airedale said...

Hey Joey - can you do us a favor? The Bumpass Hounds need you to sign their bloggie guestbook because you live in AZ! It's that simple! They want doggies from all 50 states to sign and AZ is one state that they're missing!
Thank you in advance!
http://bumpasshounds.blogspot.com/

Love ya lots,
Maggie and Mitch

7:02 AM  
Blogger wally said...

Way to go Joe! I do the same thing and even though both my brudder and sissy have 20 pounds on me I'm the hardest one to pick up.

wally t.

8:43 AM  
Blogger The Oceanside Animals said...

LOL ... I love the stink-eye at the end of the video!

2:06 PM  
Blogger ♥♥ The OP Pack ♥♥ said...

Guess woo told Tanner!!!

Woos, the OP Pack

5:52 PM  
Blogger leah said...

HA! Fig does the exact same thing, Joey!!

9:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home