Joe Stains

This is the blog of an angry old boston terrier. (and his little brother Tanner who gets to post every Tuesday)

Sunday, January 25, 2009

Outdoor fun...

We know it is cold and miserable for a lot of you guys so I thought we could share some pics of us in the yard and maybe the sunshine will warm you up a bit.

We recently got this thing...




Its a bird feeder. Mom rations our food and treats yet she puts a feeder out there for stinkin birds to eat whenever they want? WTF??




These little dudes constantly have to watch their back because there is this bully bird that comes and kicks he and his buddies out all the time. Its pretty cool watching them interact.

Mom thought Tanner might like to play with this ring toy...


I dunno who she thinks we are? Does she think we are labradudes like Mango's brother pee wee?? Tanner looked like he was going to comply with Mom's silly game so I had to run in there and break it up before he made me look bad.




We have also been spending lots of time outside because I am a little worried about that Dot on Tanner's face totally exploding, or worse, taking on a personality of its own. Lots of dogs are saying I should watch out for stuff like that...yikes!!!




I dunno guys...does it look likes its growing a mouth to you????




Uh oh, I don't like that look at all...Tanner is up to something...

I am outta here...

39 Stains:

Blogger Mango the Maltese kiddo said...

Ah I know now. Tanner just has sped through his puberty, whatchamaycallit the red bean on his face?
Acne!
A few nice sun rays may cure it but watch out for the bird's dropping!
Muahhh!

10:44 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tanner is so cute, with or without the doofus dot. But poor kid I hope no surgery.

11:03 AM  
Blogger Snowball said...

I dun like the look of that dot on Tanner's face. When is he going to see the V-E-T?

Luv
Snowball

11:12 AM  
Blogger Stella said...

Woooo! Thanks, Joe, for the invite to a warmer climate. I am not bragging, but I could make you guys look pretty sad with the retrieving thing.
How about with Tan Tork's zit that your Dad takes him to a Tattoo Parlor and have them make it black. Wouldn't be nearly so noticeable!

Kisses,
Stella

11:27 AM  
Blogger ♥Mona + Prissy + Angel Weenie♥ said...

Hi Joey and Tanner,

Me and the Mommy just love the video. You boys are both so fast.
I hope that thing goes away on your face Tanner but you are still a handsome dude.

We gots a birdbath in our backyard but we don't have water in it. We gots popcorn and the birds and squirrels fight over it. It's kinda funny. The birds come and then the squirrels chase the birds
off and when they leave the birds come back. It's a vicious cirle.

Love.....Mona

11:33 AM  
Blogger Dexter said...

You guys actually retrieve about as well as pee-wee. I think he is a defective labradude. Momma has a zit on her face. Do you think she is turning into a Doofus?

Slobbers,
Mango

11:38 AM  
Blogger Mack said...

That would be kinda cool if it developed a face and started talking!!

11:50 AM  
Blogger Princess Patches said...

Penny had a spot like that on her ear. It just kept getting bigger and uglier. When it started pulling her ear down, the v-e-t removed it. So far, it hasn't come back. I hope Tanner's goes away by itself!

We sure do miss having a concrete block fence around our back yard. Okay, our pawrents miss it...WE have never lived in Arizbona!

What's up with the birdies getting unlimited treats? Why can't they put a dog feeder in the back yard? We would promise not to eat it all at once...yeah, right!

Aire-hugs,
Poppy, Penny & Patches

12:03 PM  
Blogger NAK and The Residents of The Khottage Now With KhattleDog! said...

I told woo what I think is in there...

And woo better watch it when it khomes meowt!

Tank woo fur sharing your bird feeder pikhs!

Hugz&Khysses,
Khyra

12:14 PM  
Blogger Abby said...

Hi, Joey...

Hey...You can't even get 10 treats a day & the birds get unlimited treats??? What's up with that???

I hope Tanner's Dot goes away...

Abby xxxooo

12:21 PM  
Blogger Stanislaw said...

Oh my goodness DO NOT let that thing steal your feasts! Keep an eye on it all ALL TIMES!

12:23 PM  
Blogger Lorenza said...

Unlimited treats for the birds??
Hmmmm.... it does not sound right!
I wonder what Tanner is planning!
Keep an eye on him, ok?
Kisses and hugs
Lorenza

3:02 PM  
Blogger Molly the Airedale said...

That zit does look pretty angry! We don't like that evil gleam in Tanner's eye! Watch your back, Joey!

Love ya lots,
Maggie and Mitch

4:42 PM  
Blogger wally said...

Oh no! It is his evil twinerer! Or is HE the evil twin!! I don't know.

wally t.

5:32 PM  
Blogger Technodoll said...

Wow Tanner, you can soon audition for a zombie movie! Ha ha!

We kid, we kid.

You're always one handsome dude.

D&M xoxo

6:12 PM  
Blogger ♥♥ The OP Pack ♥♥ said...

No bird feeders here, Mom says we have enough birds flying into the windows as it is.

We had gorgeous sun here yesterday but it sure wasn't warm. Very very cold, and snow is on the way.

Hope that gumdrop doesn't decide to burst, could be worse than bird droppings. Ha Rooooo

Woos, the OP Pack

7:13 PM  
Blogger Ruby Bleu said...

Hey Joe...what a nice day out! No fair on the birds tho'. Hey, that thing on Tanner's face...scawie...I had to cover my eyes...it really frightened me! Better watch out!

Lots of Licks, Ruby

7:19 PM  
Blogger -The Mullin Clan's Mommy- said...

Hey-Woo Guyz,

R mommy said that she is so envious of you having nice weather & could hear the birds tweeting in yur video!! Yur healing vibes helped cuz mommy is feeling a lot better. She is still using her breathing machine, but it has helped alot.

Til next time,

-da boys, Cosmos & Juneau-

7:24 PM  
Blogger Noah the Airedale said...

Ummmm, maybe Tanner's growing a second head. Then there will be 2 of them.........

tailwags
Noah

8:14 PM  
Blogger Sophie Brador said...

Um Joe, I think you need to be very careful. That thing does look like it is growing features of some sort. I say, it's either going to start talking or an alien will shoot out of it.

xo
SB

8:42 PM  
Blogger Asta said...

Joey
That's a cool feedew..I think you and taneew should have one too.
Hey Joey does youw Mom know that you wewe at the chinese New Yeaws Pawade wif some of us??
just askin' hope you don't get into twouble
smoochie kisses
ASTA

10:40 PM  
Blogger Mr. T-Bone Beasley said...

Yea! Go Arizona Sunshine!!! Woohoo and stuff!

I went hiking today and was sure that I was going to die! It was hot. I'm sure you guys understand.

Tanner should have grabbed that green thing and just chewed it 'till it died, that's what I like to do anyway.

Hehehe, ummmm I think the little red thing on Tanner's face is like a personality spike. Yea...like if you pop it, then Tanner will like go insane and grow another personality ontop of everything else! Hehehe...well, maybe not...

Slurp!
Mr. T-Bone Beasley

11:29 PM  
Blogger Stanley said...

Joey!

Have you ever seen that old movie, "Multiplicity"? It's about a guy who gets himself cloned over & over and each clone is stupider and more doofusy. If this is the beginning of a Tanner clone, prepare yourself for an increased level of doofusism. Seriously.

Goob love & sympathy,
STanley

12:54 AM  
Blogger Marvin -The Hollow Hound said...

hmmm, I think Tanner's dot is perhaps another tongue.

Whatever 'it' is, you are wise Joe to keep away from it.

We have a bird feeder like yours in my garden too, I hover underneath and eat the leftovers!

oh and just to keep you informed as you wondered "Neeps" are turnips (swede?).

lotsaluv to you, Tanner and Dot.

(well Dot seems to be developing a personality all of its own, maybe it will have its own blog soon too! A Dot Blog)

Marvin xxx

1:10 AM  
Blogger Aki and Poopie said...

really now.. you dont say Joey.. the mum actually gives the birdies all the food they can eat and she is tightening her pockets on your meal? i think it has a lot to do with that vetty of yours.

maybe he told your mum to cut down on the food so as to cut down on the f-a-t-s. dear dog!

as for the dot. we think it is turning into something quite scary. it seems a little redish *squint* is it?

i have to agree with mango. it has to be a zit. tell tanner to lay off the peanuts. or maybe put on some of those acne creams.

im wishing you luck buddy!

drooly kisses,

Aki

5:56 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tanner, We will teach you how to catch. Love Lisbeth and Noah

6:00 AM  
Blogger Life With Dogs said...

You are lucky - bird feeders are a huge source of fun.

Keep an eye on that beauty mark ;)

8:25 AM  
Blogger Simba and Jazzi said...

ah sunshine I remember that, sigh.

Simba x

8:39 AM  
Blogger Lady Kaos said...

I'm not sure about a mouth, but I think I see some eyes and a nose!! I'm sending some extra stong healing vibes now so it will go away quicker!!
Mom refuses to put up bird feeders. Mom hates birds, except hummingbirds. (We feed the hummingbirds.) She thinks they're out to get her because they ive bomb her and her car, they poop on her and they poop on her car even when she's out in the middle of a parking lot with no trees, telephone poles or wires anywhere. If Mom sees birds in the yard she throws open the door and yells "GET THE BIRDS" and Sasha and I go running out and yell at them. It's a fun job and we do it well.
Kaos

9:27 AM  
Blogger Nazila Merati said...

Joseph -- this is Ernest's mom saying ---
Be nice to TANNER.

I'm mean it.

xo,

nmom

10:06 AM  
Blogger Fred said...

My Old Girl is super scared of birds, so I would chase them if they were in my backyard! (Which, you know, they probably wouldn't be since we wouldn't have a bird feeder on account of her scaredy-ness.) Whatevah.

2:32 PM  
Blogger Ozzie, Rocky and Lola said...

Smooth move distracing Tanner like that! BTW, has that "Dot" started talking yet? It's not going to be a complete second head is it?

2:40 PM  
Blogger Randi said...

Hey Joey! Can you tell me why I cant load your blog addy into my bloggy reader roll? I know you gave me an alternative addy a long time ago, but as usual, my secretary is SLOW in getting changes done...

WHAT THE HE-HAY HAPPENED TO TANNER"S FACE??????????????

love & licks,
Randi

ps...sorry I've not been around to visit your bloggy...gimme a different addy, & I'll make sure I stop by more often!

2:41 PM  
Blogger Lacy said...

w00f's Joey and Tanner, hmmm that booboo on tanner iz getting bigger, me hopes no surgery...mama loves the little tiny birdies...me no like cat birdies, they try to steal my fur, wiff it still attaached..

b safe,
~rocky~

3:31 PM  
Blogger Abby said...

Hey, Joey...

What's that orange thing that is hanging down by the bird feeder?

Just wondering...

Abby xxxooo

4:31 AM  
Blogger The Puppies said...

Glad you guys get to spend all that time outside. It is warm and pretty here today too! Hope the dot turns out to be nothing. Maggie has had lots of those (well three or four) but never on her face! hers eventually dried up and fell off- it was kind of gross! bol. she is going to kick my (opal) butt for saying that!
xoxoxoxoxo,
The Puppies

9:36 AM  
Blogger The Army of Four said...

GREAT job with that toy, you guys! Ha roo roo roo! Maybe you're related to us! Well.. not to Dave, mind you. What's with this "fetch" thing? I don't get it. SHE threw it, SHE should go get it! Am I right here?
Tail wags,
Storm

9:58 AM  
Blogger Arran, Arthur and Mum said...

You guys look so much fun!

My auntie Penny had somethings that looked like that, only they was warts, bol. The had one on her face, but it got poked or caught on something and then would weep, so she got them all taken off at the V-E-T-S. Hope Tanner's red bump goes away!
p.s. Nice to meet you both
~lickies, Ludo

3:00 PM  
Blogger A&S said...

oh joey, the sis says we "don't understand the concept of fetch" either. puhlease. we just can't be bothered

6:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home