Joe Stains

This is the blog of an angry old boston terrier. (and his little brother Tanner who gets to post every Tuesday)

Thursday, January 15, 2009

Grill mysteries...

We have this thing at our house called Char Broil. It looks like this...

the beast
Kinda plain looking, not too handsome, but it does something amazing...

You put meat and stuff in it and it comes out looking like this...

Grilled Steak, Grilled Portabello Mushroom, Steak sauce and Spinach salad

Mom seems to know how to use it and she makes it look so easy...but I can't figure it out??




I took my new chicken buddy that Sophie sent me out to meet Char Broil.




I told him you just turn some knobby thing here and click some button and then put the food in. He got SUPER uncomfortable and BEGGED me to take him back in the house. I was like, what is your problem chicken dude...

Then he showed me this...

Smoky Grilled Butterflied Chicken
UHH woops, sorry dude. Mom said I need to stay away from the grill and work on my sensitivity to my edible friends.

31 Stains:

Blogger Twinkle a.k.a Chicken Little said...

Joey oh Joey, Im drooling over here!!!! The keyboard & monitor are all wet with my saliva. lol

That grill thingy really pawsome, I guess we should get this magic thingy too. Slurp~~~

slurpy licks,
Twinkle

8:08 PM  
Blogger Huskee and Hershey said...

Joey, you are making us drool woth the photos of those yummy-looking food!!

8:40 PM  
Blogger Sophie Brador said...

oh Joey, That is too funny. Do you still have chicken lady, or did she meet Mr. Char Broil already?

xo
SB

9:36 PM  
Blogger Stanley said...

Joe!

You don't need sensitivity training, man! Your chicken dude just needs a little time to toughen up, that's all. (And what a lovely chicken dude he is.)

By the way, very cool that Ernest's mama stopped by just to see you (and Tanner). You know, I bet that's REALLY why she went to AZ, and that work stuff was just an excuse.

Goober love,
Stanley

11:10 PM  
Blogger Bae Bae said...

Oh.. That's amazing. But good thing you saved your friend in time

~ Bae

12:13 AM  
Blogger MJ's doghouse said...

one word dude.....YUMMY

1:27 AM  
Blogger Noah the Airedale said...

Way to go scaring the crap out of your friends Joey.....sheez!!

tailwags
Noah

3:00 AM  
Blogger Molly the Airedale said...

Next time go alone, Joey and see if you can figure out how to be best friends with Char Broil! If you bring along a friend, you'll only have to share!

Love ya lots,
Maggie and Mitch

3:31 AM  
Blogger NAK and The Residents of The Khottage Now With KhattleDog! said...

Paws khrossed we khan grill some RED bird this Sunday Sunday Sunday!

Happy Friday!

Hugz&Khysses,
Khyra

3:53 AM  
Blogger Abby said...

Hi, Joey...

Oh you are bringing back such fond memories of sun & fun & BBQ in the Back Yard...

I can't wait til spring...

I hope you didn't traumatize chicken dude too much...

Abby xxxooo

4:13 AM  
Blogger ♥Mona + Prissy + Angel Weenie♥ said...

Oh my dog. That BBQ looks so yummy. I know your chicken friend must have really been scared and that chicken is making the Mommy and me droll. Let us know when you use that big black thingie again and I'll come right over.

Have a nice weekend.

Love Mona

4:26 AM  
Blogger Dexter said...

I almost passed out from those foodable photos. I can't believe you have your own grill. I like the way you pretend you can't use it so that you force mom to be your food slave.

Slobbers,
Mango

4:49 AM  
Blogger Snowball said...

sounds like that piece of machine can perform magic! How does that chicken leg taste? Will I get a grilled hot dog if I put my loofah dog stuffie in that machine?

Luv
Snowball

5:15 AM  
Blogger Gus said...

Joey..there is such a thing as TOO PC. Tell your mom the meatables and sides look lumptious

gussie

6:44 AM  
Blogger Ruby Bleu said...

I'm with Stanny, your chicken dude needs to toughen up a bit, but then, no one likes tough chicken, do they...hmmmm....

lots of Licks, Ruby

6:50 AM  
Blogger Stanislaw said...

Oh my word. A metal box that makes meat appear all juicy and delicious? Where do you find those? Did an alien come down and deliver it? I've never SEEN one of those!!

We have something called an "oven" (or "back! back! away!") but any time mom puts meat in there it comes out all black and shriveled. Obviously those box thing are better.

8:21 AM  
Blogger Patience-please said...

Well all we can say is that it looks warm and delicious at your house and it is colder than a poopsicle here which is what comes out of us.

fffrrreeeezzzing w-w-w-wags from the w-w-whippets

8:41 AM  
Blogger Peanut said...

hahaha oh mom and I laughed out loud. Your poor chicken dude thought you were going to cook him.

9:27 AM  
Blogger Marvin -The Hollow Hound said...

oh my Pa nearly bought one of those charry boiley things last summer......

the food looks lovely, not sure if your chicken buddy would appreciate a go on it though!

Have a good weekend, lotsaluv, Marvin xx

9:58 AM  
Blogger wally said...

Aw chicken dude! Poor guy. Tell him you only eat turkey.

My ma ape wants to eat those porto-bell-os on that plate (that's what they are, right?). She says she could eat grilled portos every day. She's weird.

wally t.

10:01 AM  
Blogger Kodak the Eskie said...

I like your charbroil contraption. I don't blame you for dropping that chicken dude for that wonderful charbroil stuff! I had a chicken dude and bit his face off. He went away on his own.

Hugs, Kodak

10:55 AM  
Blogger Lady Kaos said...

Woops! hehe, I can see why your chicken friend was uncomfortable around the charbroiler. We have one that looks similar to your's but ours has a HUGE cooking area. Mom wants to bbq a turkey sometime just because she says she can. BUT, Mom's food never comes out looking as good. Since it's outside Mom usually forgets about it and then I get lots of pieces of whatever was cooked. That's why Dad is usually the one that cooks on it.
Kaos
PS Mom is very jealous you have a Bass Pro so close. The nearest one to us is a 3 hour drive.

11:14 AM  
Blogger The Army of Four said...

Oh... err... well... I'm sure you meant no offense to your chicken friend!
Play bows,
Zim

1:44 PM  
Blogger Petra said...

Nice try, Joey! You'll have to find some time to do some cooking when your mom is busy blogging or something!

2:19 PM  
Blogger Scruffy, Lacie and Stanley's Place said...

Oh man...that chicken looks delisssh!!

Hey...come and check out our new header photo...feel free to take if ya want it!

Oh...and LACIE MADE A HOOGE STAIN...SHE PEED ON THE MATTRESS...

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

Pawslaps...

Scruffy

Go Steelers!

4:17 PM  
Blogger Ozzie, Rocky and Lola said...

You are too cool Joe!

5:09 PM  
Blogger Teddy said...

Ooh..drool...can you invite us over to your place when your mom starts up that grill again, Joey?? It looks mighty delicious!

Teddy

9:33 PM  
Blogger Lorenza said...

that grill makes yummy things!
lorenza

10:44 PM  
Blogger Mack said...

It's great being a carnivarous wolf, isn't it??

3:02 AM  
Blogger Aggie said...

Ummmmm....that food looks great!!!! Did you get a bite or two??

Your Mom should bring her grill thing to Pittsburgh and we can tail-gate at the Steeler game!!!!

G-O!!! S-T-E-E-L-E-R-S!!!!

8:35 AM  
Blogger Lindsay said...

Joe, all that meat looks sooo good! Poor Chicken guy, how were you to know that he's the same stuff as in that last picture??? I can't imagine it!
Wroooooo!

10:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home